X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• mad_fan
    replied
    Originally posted by svhorns

Are you a mad fan or a madison fan? Or a mad madison fan? All of the above?

I'm just mad...

Leave a comment:

• svhorns
    replied
    Originally posted by mad_fan
    Hi. I'm mad_fan...and you're not...
    Are you a mad fan or a madison fan? Or a mad madison fan? All of the above?

Leave a comment:

• mad_fan
    replied
    Hi. I'm mad_fan...and you're not...

Leave a comment:

• Admin
    replied
    Originally posted by TrojanHorse03
    Finally got through customs, must of thought I was dangerous. Most active poster and I haven't even posted yet. #MVP
    We want you to feel special here.

Leave a comment:

• nsalumni
    replied
    Bruh

Leave a comment:

• nsalumni
    replied

wut?
    lol

Leave a comment:

• svhorns
    replied
    Originally posted by nsalumni

Thank you

Im just glad to have somewhere to talk about my beloved Leander Lions.
    wut?

Leave a comment:

• nsalumni
    replied
    Originally posted by sTp

Welcome to the site. It's not quite as active as the other board YET, but as things get going that might all change.

Definitely more laid back and you sure as hell won't hear about a board of directors..

Post and have fun.
    Thank you

Im just glad to have somewhere to talk about my beloved Leander Lions.

Leave a comment:

• sTp
    replied
    Originally posted by nsalumni
    Leander.
    Welcome to the site. It's not quite as active as the other board YET, but as things get going that might all change.

Definitely more laid back and you sure as hell won't hear about a board of directors..

Post and have fun.

Leave a comment:

• nsalumni
    replied
    Leander.

Leave a comment:

• 93streak
    replied

Streak where you from my man? Which team(s) do you follow?

Yes STP is right I follow the Manvel Mavericks my son is going to be a junior there, and i do stats for team and help coach 7 on 7 program. I also follow Commerce as the is where i went to school

Leave a comment:

• sTp
    replied

I thought I gathered him to be a Manvel fan, but I might be off here.. I'll let him clarify..

Leave a comment:

• svhorns
    replied
    Originally posted by 93streak

wow KTcarl did not realize you were born twice.....lol

Leave a comment:

• 93streak
    replied
    Originally posted by ktCarl
    My parents emigrated from Liverpool, England. I was born in the covered wagon they took on the way to Texas. They told me the raptors were fierce! After parents arrive in South Houston my Mom squeezed me out in Pasadena General hospital. Well, I growed up, got married, had kids and moved to Katy in 1986. Started following Katy's football team in 1994 and have been hooked ever since. After Katy Bros. introduced me to 5A Board I started going to see other teams and have made a lot of friends in the process. I always watch the front running teams but like reading about all of Texas' teams.
    wow KTcarl did not realize you were born twice.....lol

Leave a comment:

• dada
    replied
    Originally posted by TexasBob
    I was raised in Odessa and graduated from what is affectionately known in Odessa as the Other High School. I moved to and lived in McCamey, Texas and followed the then 1A Badgers. At the 1A level I saw at least one or two games that I would include in my top five High School games I’ve ever attended. Moved to Katy in 1992 and I got to know Coach Mike Johnson outside of football. My son played on the Katy team in the early 1990,s. I follow Katy, but I try to go to at least one six-man game every season and usually some other lower classification games when I get a chance.

I belong to most of the football boards of every classification. I do that so I can glean football stadium information to keep my website up to date. ( http://TexasBob.com/stadium )
    Welcome Texas Boob(Inside joke lol) hope to see you around Rhodes this season.

Leave a comment:

• chhspantherfan
    replied
    I was raised in Odessa and graduated from what is affectionately known in Odessa as the Other High School. I moved to and lived in McCamey, Texas and followed the then 1A Badgers. At the 1A level I saw at least one or two games that I would include in my top five High School games I’ve ever attended. Moved to Katy in 1992 and I got to know Coach Mike Johnson outside of football. My son played on the Katy team in the early 1990,s. I follow Katy, but I try to go to at least one six-man game every season and usually some other lower classification games when I get a chance.

I belong to most of the football boards of every classification. I do that so I can glean football stadium information to keep my website up to date. ( http://TexasBob.com/stadium )

Good to see you here and hope all is well with you.

Leave a comment:

• Super B
    replied

Welcome to our board.

I've been using your website as a resource for many years.

Leave a comment:

• Eagle2
    replied

Welcome Texas Bob!!! Glad to have you over apart of the family.
    Keep up your good work.

Leave a comment:

• sTp
    replied
    Welcome to the board Bob!!

Leave a comment:

• TexasBob
    replied

Last edited by TexasBob; 06-01-2015, 06:56 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Comanche
    replied
    Transplant from SW Okla, been here in Euless since 94 and have been following the Trojans since day one! T's up!

Leave a comment:

• Firefox
    replied
    I grew up mostly in Irving and went two years at IMAC and after moving to Euless, two years at Trinity. I am a big Trinity fan and now live in Mansfield. I follow the Mansfield schools and usually catch a Cedar Hill game or two as well.

Leave a comment:

• ktCarl
    replied
    My parents emigrated from Liverpool, England. I was born in the covered wagon they took on the way to Texas. They told me the raptors were fierce! After parents arrive in South Houston my Mom squeezed me out in Pasadena General hospital. Well, I growed up, got married, had kids and moved to Katy in 1986. Started following Katy's football team in 1994 and have been hooked ever since. After Katy Bros. introduced me to 5A Board I started going to see other teams and have made a lot of friends in the process. I always watch the front running teams but like reading about all of Texas' teams.

Leave a comment:

• pied
    replied
    Went to Lamar and graduated when they were just getting good again in '86. Went to school in Austin from '90-'94 and went to some Westlake and some LBJ/Reagan games as well as a bunch of good playoff games. Moved back to the metroplex in '94 and went to a ton of games until about '00 when my daughter was born and then it's been a bit more difficult. Live in Flower Mound, but in the NWISD (Byron Nelson). Wife went to Marcus so I follow them somewhat, but can't say I'm really a fan. Know a tin of kids from the three FM/Lewisville schools so have an interest in them and to a lesser degree Hebron.

Daughter starts at Greenhill this fall so I'm going to try and follow the Hornets!

Leave a comment:

• dada
    replied
    Houston Texas!....was just a crazy HS football fan, would travel around Houston to watch the best Match ups of the week. Was a Genuine Katy hater, I was more of an inner city, HISD fan. invited to a Katy game in 2006....met some awesome people, missed 3 Katy games since....2 were loses. Kids are older now so I cant get out around town as much so usually were at a Katy game or whoever is playing at Berry Center since it's in walking distance from the house. Don't mean to brag lol but I'm kinda connected in the GHA football scene, guys I grew up with are coaching, the KTbros, Katy booster club, so I can get a lot of inside info on GHA schools.

Leave a comment:

• svhorns
    replied
    Originally posted by Farmer

I'll check it out when I get home. Is that the area around Lake Okeechobee?
    Yup sure is.

Leave a comment:

• Farmer
    replied

You should watch Legend of the Rabbits on youtube. It was a short video story ESPN did about "Muck City." Its about 2 hours north of Miami but it's an interesting and different look into HS football in a region outside of Texas that were so accustomed to seeing or understanding. I'll post the link here https://youtu.be/yPCGqhor61U
    I'll check it out when I get home. Is that the area around Lake Okeechobee?

Leave a comment:

• svhorns
    replied
    Originally posted by Farmer

I remember watching BTw play Norcross,Ga on TV 2 years ago and was blown away by how good they were. Very talented but also very well coached. It was the only time I saw them play that year but they were the most impressive HS team I saw play that year
    You should watch Legend of the Rabbits on youtube. It was a short video story ESPN did about "Muck City." Its about 2 hours north of Miami but it's an interesting and different look into HS football in a region outside of Texas that were so accustomed to seeing or understanding. I'll post the link here https://youtu.be/yPCGqhor61U
    Last edited by svhorns; 05-28-2015, 12:52 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Farmer
    replied

I follow the MIA teams in the sense of checking max preps and local websites. I live closest to Killian HS in SW Miami. STA is going to be scary good this year. As far as Booker T. and Miami Northwestern go I don't live anywhere near those places as most of it is section 8 and not in the best neighborhoods. Northwestern has lost a little bit of their luster the talent pool isn't as large as it has been in years past. Miami Central and Booker T. are the big men on campus at the moment.
    I remember watching BTw play Norcross,Ga on TV 2 years ago and was blown away by how good they were. Very talented but also very well coached. It was the only time I saw them play that year but they were the most impressive HS team I saw play that year

Leave a comment:

• Farmer
    replied
    Originally posted by 1AllenFan
    Transplant from South Carolina (Dutch Fork), moved to Allen back in 2001. Best thing: the whole TX HSFB thing, just happened for me, where I went to a game in 2001 and couldn't believe what I had seen (the total spectacle of it all). Never seen so many people, so many coaches, so much.. everything. Thought it had to be some huge special rivalry game. I asked someone and they said, "nope... normal stuff".

Then to see a town completely root for their guys, and have a genuine interest, was very cool and special. Believe me, you don't get that everywhere: grew up in South Florida, and they're just not that into it, and also have great teams with very poor attendance, etc. In all candor, it's hard to put in words, how this whole thing can sneak up on you... very special.
    South Carolina plays good football for a not so big stage. They always produce some quality players .
    I've never seen a game in South Carolina but I have attended games in Georgia in Oconnee Countu as well as Hart County. Oconnee has a solid crowd but was lost when they built North Oconnee around 2007.
    Camden Co, Colquit Co as well as Valdosta and Lowndes all have huge followings. I would say they are as passionate in Georgia about their HS football as you will find anywhere else

Leave a comment:

Working...