Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • sTp
    1st Team
    • Apr 2015

That was stupid fun to watch!! All the best to both teams going forward, and safe travels to the Del la Salle contingent on their way home.. Sincerely hope those Whataburger meals were all we made them out to be.. lol

Great game! (I'm about to go watch it again..)

Comment

• Trojanbacker2
      Special Teams
      • Jul 2015

Originally posted by pied
      DLS 37
      Trinity 10

(based on nothing at all)
      Almost nailed it, Pied.

Comment

• Trojanbacker2
        Special Teams
        • Jul 2015

Originally posted by Super B

Something is missing. Where is the famous Trojanbacker2 keys to the game?
        Yeah, sorry about that SB. Tough week at work with tons of travel to not very fun places. Barely made it back in here time for the game.

Comment

• svhorns
          All State
          • Apr 2015

Comment

• Super B
            All District
            • Apr 2015

Originally posted by Trojanbacker2

Yeah, sorry about that SB. Tough week at work with tons of travel to not very fun places. Barely made it back in here time for the game.
            No worries T-back. I'll settle for post game thoughts in the same style as your usual "keys to victory". Like how Trinity successfully prepared for this win. lol
            Super B

Comment

• ktCarl
              Special Teams
              • Apr 2015

Originally posted by Comanche
              Guess i should have read the first page! ooops!
              What are the Trinity crowd yelling on first down these days? Doesn't sound like "1,2,3 First Down!"

Comment

• SLCbacker
                Special Teams
                • Apr 2015

Originally posted by ktCarl

What are the Trinity crowd yelling on first down these days? Doesn't sound like "1,2,3 First Down!"
                It's a cheer where they say "T's up" a few times.

Comment

• Abilenefan
                  Special Teams
                  • Apr 2015

Very entertaining game. Congrats to Trinity on the win. Thought De La Salle had some very good players. Very athletic line. Trinity just wore them down. Too many players playing both ways and not enough depth. Even with that if 16's pass had a little more air DLS wins. Great game.

Comment

• svhorns
                    All State
                    • Apr 2015

Comment

• Trojanbacker2
                      Special Teams
                      • Jul 2015

Originally posted by ktCarl

I was sitting on the DLS side and they were doing the 1,2, 3 first down thing but it wasn't very organized. First game jitters maybe.

Comment

• mojotrain
                        2nd Team
                        • Jun 2015

Originally posted by Abilenefan
                        Very entertaining game. Congrats to Trinity on the win. Thought De La Salle had some very good players. Very athletic line. Trinity just wore them down. Too many players playing both ways and not enough depth. Even with that if 16's pass had a little more air DLS wins. Great game.
                        DSL defensive linemen had their hands on their hips in the second quarter. What ever that means.

Comment

• Farmer
                          All District
                          • Apr 2015

Originally posted by Abilenefan
                          I don't think Trinity wore them down at all to the point that DLS was gassed. Their lines were very active on both the offensive and defensive side of the ball. I've seen some people allude to DLS not having an "impressive" passing game but considering they base out of the split back veer I actually thought they had a very good passing game and offensive game plan. This would be a top 5 team in Texas and they would do very well in this state.

Comment

• tonydelasalle151
                            Special Teams
                            • May 2015

im back sitting down in front of my computer .. wow !!! what a trip !!! I got there weds night and of course went straight to Whataburger .. better than in& out burger .. I want to congrat the trinity Trojans
                            great program .. I wont go there with any excuses .. you guys saw the game .. if this was a 7 game series in baseball it would go 4-3 .. this game came down to the last drive and I can hang my head up high
                            and say the de la salle Spartans were one play away from winning it .. trinity rated # 7 in texas ???? uhhh really ??? that wont last !!!! super b was right about trinity style .. man they run the ball natee unstoppable and Wilson whoa !! lots of miss tackles .. two things I did say that both # 28 would be factors and I did say the over and under was 47 and it landed on 47 other than that I thank SUPER B AND
                            EAGLE 82 and FIRE FOX outstanding guys .. they were very nice and it was real cool hangin out .. sorry about that whack job waitress my goodness lol had half of the de la salle crowd hostage until they got paid .. and she turned out to be wrong ... over all had a great time !!!

Comment

• sTp
                              1st Team
                              • Apr 2015

hope your visit was all we made it out to be!!

that was a stupid fun game to watch!!

Comment

• Super B
                                All District
                                • Apr 2015

Team Stats

Euless Trinity De La Salle
                                Total yards 344 423
                                First downs 19 19
                                Rushes/Yds 48/283 34/277
                                Average rush 5.9 8.15
                                Comp-Att-Int 7-11-0 6-17-1
                                Pass yards 61 146
                                Comp pct 63.64 35.29
                                Punts 4 2
                                Punting Yards 138 75
                                Punting Average 34.5 37.5
                                Fumbles-Lost 1-1 4-2
                                Penalties-yards 4-40 8-85
                                Last edited by Super B; 08-30-2015, 09:50 PM.
                                Super B

Comment

• chhspantherfan
                                  Special Teams
                                  • Apr 2015

Originally posted by Farmer

I don't think Trinity wore them down at all to the point that DLS was gassed. Their lines were very active on both the offensive and defensive side of the ball. I've seen some people allude to DLS not having an "impressive" passing game but considering they base out of the split back veer I actually thought they had a very good passing game and offensive game plan. This would be a top 5 team in Texas and they would do very well in this state.
                                  Correct, making the Top 5 teams in the country in Texas.

Comment

• Eagle82
                                    All District
                                    • Apr 2015

Originally posted by tonydelasalle151
                                    im back sitting down in front of my computer .. wow !!! what a trip !!! I got there weds night and of course went straight to Whataburger .. better than in& out burger .. I want to congrat the trinity Trojans
                                    great program .. I wont go there with any excuses .. you guys saw the game .. if this was a 7 game series in baseball it would go 4-3 .. this game came down to the last drive and I can hang my head up high
                                    and say the de la salle Spartans were one play away from winning it .. trinity rated # 7 in texas ???? uhhh really ??? that wont last !!!! super b was right about trinity style .. man they run the ball natee unstoppable and Wilson whoa !! lots of miss tackles .. two things I did say that both # 28 would be factors and I did say the over and under was 47 and it landed on 47 other than that I thank SUPER B AND
                                    EAGLE 82 and FIRE FOX outstanding guys .. they were very nice and it was real cool hangin out .. sorry about that whack job waitress my goodness lol had half of the de la salle crowd hostage until they got paid .. and she turned out to be wrong ... over all had a great time !!!
                                    Got a call from the manager today. He was very apologetic and said that she was way out of line and that she had been "dealt" with. Not sure to what extent but all is good.

Again, a great time and great bunch of folks.

We'll do a 9er game soon.

Comment

• tonydelasalle151
                                      Special Teams
                                      • May 2015

sounds good with that 49er game someday . but man I watched the first half of the game there and wow ( in no respect to my texas friends ) it was an early Christmas for trinity plenty of mistakes by de la salle
                                      that you don't usually see ... we know that natee fumbled and vranish never had possession but what happens if he picks that ball up cleanly ? hes gone !! 21-6 then Sweeney ( he made plenty of mistakes )
                                      actually throws a real nice pass and vanderklugh drops a pass at the 10 yard line .. then the next play ahhhhhhhhhh double reverse that custer drops and the load # 11 picks up Christmas gift and goes all the way !!! play of game by far ... please note this is the first half im talking about ... I thought de la salle didn't run the ball all the bad .. they abandoned the option where they pitch out to the backs and they could have spread out the wr with custer out there .. bottom line Sweeney don't run this veer the way its suppose to be anyways .. hes a big disappointment ... look at super b stats coin toss game ? this is how stupid sf chronicle is lollllllll they said that de la salle was lucky that the score was that close ????? huh ?????? northern California sure does not take high school football serious .. I give credit to texas they follow their high school football ... I hope I didnt offend anyone cause its not my intention .. its just my opinion .. and yes this clown waitress should be slapped around

Comment

• mojotrain
                                        2nd Team
                                        • Jun 2015

sounds good with that 49er game someday . but man I watched the first half of the game there and wow ( in no respect to my texas friends ) it was an early Christmas for trinity plenty of mistakes by de la salle
                                        that you don't usually see ... we know that natee fumbled and vranish never had possession but what happens if he picks that ball up cleanly ? hes gone !! 21-6 then Sweeney ( he made plenty of mistakes )
                                        actually throws a real nice pass and vanderklugh drops a pass at the 10 yard line .. then the next play ahhhhhhhhhh double reverse that custer drops and the load # 11 picks up Christmas gift and goes all the way !!! play of game by far ... please note this is the first half im talking about ... I thought de la salle didn't run the ball all the bad .. they abandoned the option where they pitch out to the backs and they could have spread out the wr with custer out there .. bottom line Sweeney don't run this veer the way its suppose to be anyways .. hes a big disappointment ... look at super b stats coin toss game ? this is how stupid sf chronicle is lollllllll they said that de la salle was lucky that the score was that close ????? huh ?????? northern California sure does not take high school football serious .. I give credit to texas they follow their high school football ... I hope I didnt offend anyone cause its not my intention .. its just my opinion .. and yes this clown waitress should be slapped around
                                        "in no respect to my Texas friends, it was a early Christmas gift for Trinity". So Texas fans follow their kids well but E T is lucky, in that Christmas came early? Is this what you say?

Comment

• Trojanbacker2
                                          Special Teams
                                          • Jul 2015

Sorry I didn't get to meet you, but thanks for all the back and forth before and after the game. I don't care what some others may say, DLS is a great looking team. They would do very well here in Texas....every year. Now, if only we could get this to be a home-and-home series. I'd also like to know about the DLS conditioning program. We sat on the visitors' side Saturday night and couldn't help but notice how great a shape all the players are in. Not much fat in that group.

Comment

• Farmer
                                            All District
                                            • Apr 2015

Sorry I didn't get to meet you, but thanks for all the back and forth before and after the game. I don't care what some others may say, DLS is a great looking team. They would do very well here in Texas....every year. Now, if only we could get this to be a home-and-home series. I'd also like to know about the DLS conditioning program. We sat on the visitors' side Saturday night and couldn't help but notice how great a shape all the players are in. Not much fat in that group.
                                            I noticed that on TV too. I keep hearing people say DLS looked fatigued and wore down but I didn't see that at all. I wouldn't mind sending a team out there to play them in a return gsme but who knows if that will ever happen.

Comment

• SLCbacker
                                              Special Teams
                                              • Apr 2015

Sounds like a good time was had by all. Sorry I missed you guys. I did get to watch the game on tv, and was texting my buddy in Cali that has kids at DLS and Carondelet. He seemed to be blaming the refs for some bad calls. I saw questionable calls go both ways. This was a heck of a game by two very good teams. Definitely mistakes by both, but a great game!

I haven't seen it talked about, but I was surprised to see DLS spike the ball on 2nd and 14 with :43 remaining. I guess the Veer can limit you in that situation.

Comment

• Greenbritches
                                                Practice Squad
                                                • Apr 2015

Originally posted by DPaul
                                                I've noticed BBQ is so subjective around these parts. One person might think the BBQ at one place is good vs another who says it sucks. But both would consider themselves BBQ experts and know what good BBQ taste like. No other food category can spark so many different opinions.

North Main is good but let's be honest, people go there for quantity. There are lot's of better BBQ places out there.

Comment

• Farmer
                                                  All District
                                                  • Apr 2015

Originally posted by SLCbacker
                                                  Sounds like a good time was had by all. Sorry I missed you guys. I did get to watch the game on tv, and was texting my buddy in Cali that has kids at DLS and Carondelet. He seemed to be blaming the refs for some bad calls. I saw questionable calls go both ways. This was a heck of a game by two very good teams. Definitely mistakes by both, but a great game!

I haven't seen it talked about, but I was surprised to see DLS spike the ball on 2nd and 14 with :43 remaining. I guess the Veer can limit you in that situation.
                                                  I was wondering why they would spoke it on 2nd down when plays were limited late in the gsme. Good catch on that and it has t been discussed. Late in the first half DLS used s hard count to draw Teinity offsides but never snapped the ball. I guess they were used to that play being blown dead once a neutral zone infraction occurred. The spike almost worked itself out though on that 3rd down double pass play.

Comment

• Trojanbacker2
                                                    Special Teams
                                                    • Jul 2015

Originally posted by Farmer

I noticed that on TV too. I keep hearing people say DLS looked fatigued and wore down but I didn't see that at all. I wouldn't mind sending a team out there to play them in a return gsme but who knows if that will ever happen.
                                                    I have not watched the recorded game yet but was wondering if you knew what DLS did to get the personal foul late in the game? It happened along their sideline and I couldn't see what happened.

Comment

• Farmer
                                                      All District
                                                      • Apr 2015

I have not watched the recorded game yet but was wondering if you knew what DLS did to get the personal foul late in the game? It happened along their sideline and I couldn't see what happened.
                                                      from the best I could tell one of their players was letting a Trinity player know what he thought of his momma or something and an official was right there and flagged him for it.

Comment

• tonydelasalle151
                                                        Special Teams
                                                        • May 2015

hey trojanbacker it was the long snapper biago capp # 54 he was so excited to go out there and go in after custer went all the way and ran into the referee

Comment

• tonydelasalle151
                                                          Special Teams
                                                          • May 2015

im sorry if I sound sour grapes and didn't mean to say Christmas early .. I think Sweeney is horrible well look at him spiking the ball on 2 nd down ???? this was not your typical dls type team with all the miss tackles ( of course natee and Wilson had a lot to do with it ) he miss a wide open custer down the sidelines in 1st qt they never went to assiasi much ? uhh hello ??? undicipline dls team wow ... so many botch plays its ok I had a great time and hope to come down to a cowboy game one day that's normal reaction when your team loses I am a die hard fan of de la salle . wish we can play again near end of year but of course it wotn happen hey that team that could really give it a run is this martin team .. whos this # 88 jj watt type guy ??? will root for trinity to go undefeated

Comment

• tonydelasalle151
                                                            Special Teams
                                                            • May 2015

hey super b remember 7 months ago I said the over / under is 47 .. wow 26-21

Comment

• OakTreeOut-n-Up
                                                              Special Teams
                                                              • Apr 2015

hey trojanbacker it was the long snapper biago capp # 54 he was so excited to go out there and go in after custer went all the way and ran into the referee
                                                              On a couple of the TDs at least it appeared that several players were leaving the coaches/players box at the 25 yard line to go celebrate down towards the endzone.... that's insta-penalty in Texas. It looked to me like they got warned after the first time it happened but can't say that for sure.
                                                              Last edited by OakTreeOut-n-Up; 08-31-2015, 02:19 PM.

Comment

Working...