X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • SumDude
    Practice Squad
    • Apr 2015

Euless Trinity vs De La Salle (CA)

I know this game is getting a ton of attention on the national board. DLS is coming back loaded. ET is coming back loaded. Hopefully, Natee is playing LB instead of QB for ET. Either way, both teams are traditionally very run-heavy and known for their run-defense. I'm glad ET continues to step up to the OOS challenges. I wish there was a TX vs the Nation weekend.
    You do not have permission to view this gallery.
    This gallery has 2 photos.
  • Eagle82
    All District
    • Apr 2015

What's the date?
    Sure hope I can come see this one!

Comment

• Super B
      All District
      • Apr 2015

August 29th, 8P @ Vernon Newsom Stadium in Mansfield.

Game will be on one of the ESPN networks.
      Super B

Comment

• Super B
        All District
        • Apr 2015

Due to the HS stadium capacity of 11,000, if you want to go, you might want to get your tickets early in the week.
        Super B

Comment

• Eagle82
          All District
          • Apr 2015

Originally posted by Super B
          August 29th, 8P @ Vernon Newsom Stadium in Mansfield.

Game will be on one of the ESPN networks.
          Saturday, that's great!

SMU/Baylor Friday night.
          Haven't seen the AH schedule but their game should be Friday night at Colleyville Heritage.

Will spend the night in the metro and venture over the Mansfield the following evening.

Comment

• Super B
            All District
            • Apr 2015

We welcome all the people who can come.
            Super B

Comment

• sTp
              1st Team
              • Apr 2015

Did someone PM the Cali folks to let them know about this new fandangled web blog posting thingy?

Comment

• Super B
                All District
                • Apr 2015

Originally posted by sTp
                Did someone PM the Cali folks to let them know about this new fandangled web blog posting thingy?
                I sent a PM on the National Board to a few of them and told them to spread the word.
                Super B

Comment

• Super B
                  All District
                  • Apr 2015

I just pasted the link to this thread on a national thread talking about this game.
                  Super B

Comment

• TrojanHorse03
                    Special Teams
                    • Apr 2015

Originally posted by SumDude
                    I know this game is getting a ton of attention on the national board. DLS is coming back loaded. ET is coming back loaded. Hopefully, Natee is playing LB instead of QB for ET. Either way, both teams are traditionally very run-heavy and known for their run-defense. I'm glad ET continues to step up to the OOS challenges. I wish there was a TX vs the Nation weekend.
                    Have you gotten a chance to take a look at De La Salle's d-line? What are your thoughts on them?

Here's highlights of their least heralded returner

Comment

• Super B
                      All District
                      • Apr 2015

I'm not trying to diminish their skills or talent, but to be honest, the level of competition DLS faces week in week out is on par with the weakest district opponents we see. DLS has no competitor in its league out there. They don't really have any serious competition until deep into the playoffs. This is like if Katy HS were a lock for D1 in a district with Laredo Untied and company in the RGV. They would roll through without challenge all the way to the title game most years. In fact, it would be more difficult for Katy in that scenario than it is now for DLS.

This is why DLS has had a less than stellar OOS history. They have lost far more games OOS than they have won. Don't get me wrong, I am not saying they will be an easy win for Trinity. On the contrary, they may just win. Just something to consider when you watch a highlight reel of their third best DL guy completely dominate his competition.

Maybe I am wrong. That is always a possibility.
                      Last edited by Super B; 04-28-2015, 12:06 AM.
                      Super B

Comment

• TrojanHorse03
                        Special Teams
                        • Apr 2015

I'm not trying to diminish their skills or talent, but to be honest, the level of competition DLS faces week in week out is on par with the weakest district opponents we see. DLS has no competitor in its league out there. They don't really have any serious competition until deep into the playoffs. This is like if Katy HS were a lock for D1 in a district with Laredo Untied and company in the RGV. They would roll through without challenge all the way to the title game most years. In fact, it would be more difficult for Katy in that scenario than it is now for DLS.

This is why DLS has had a less than stellar OOS history. They have lost far more games OOS than they have won. Don't get me wrong, I am not saying they will be an easy win for Trinity. On the contrary, they may just win. Just something to consider when you watch a highlight reel of their third best DL guy completely dominate his competition.

Maybe I am wrong. That is always a possibility.
                        I asked Sumdude but that's fair but some would say Trinity has only bullied those type of teams the last 3 years as well, and has a losing record vs. the elite teams the last 4 years. That hasn't stopped you from spreading sunshine about 2015.
                        Last edited by TrojanHorse03; 04-28-2015, 12:24 AM.

Comment

• Super B
                          All District
                          • Apr 2015

Originally posted by TrojanHorse03

I asked Sumdude but that's fair but some would say Trinity has only bullied those type of teams the last 3 years as well, and has a losing record vs. the elite teams the last 4 years. That hasn't stopped you from spreading sunshine about 2015.
                          Yeah. I get it. Trinity is one of the better teams in the state, despite being down by their standards the last few years. Trinity's district has been tougher overall than the league DLS plays in. The 6A D1 playoffs is much much much higher competition than the CIF Open Division playoffs. So despite Trinity beating up the weak teams, which all very good teams do BTW, they have faced monumental hurdles, which DLS has not faced. Again, I am not saying Trinity is better than DLS, just that Trinity has much better competition.

As for you asking SumDude, when he sees this, he will answer you. I am certain of that. If you would like, you can ignore me, but since this is a public message board, I am choosing to participate. One option for you, PM someone, if you ONLY want their input. Otherwise, anyone is liable to respond.
                          Super B

Comment

• TrojanHorse03
                            Special Teams
                            • Apr 2015

Yeah. I get it. Trinity is one of the better teams in the state, despite being down by their standards the last few years. Trinity's district has been tougher overall than the league DLS plays in. The 6A D1 playoffs is much much much higher competition than the CIF Open Division playoffs. So despite Trinity beating up the weak teams, which all very good teams do BTW, they have faced monumental hurdles, which DLS has not faced. Again, I am not saying Trinity is better than DLS, just that Trinity has much better competition.

As for you asking SumDude, when he sees this, he will answer you. I am certain of that. If you would like, you can ignore me, but since this is a public message board, I am choosing to participate. One option for you, PM someone, if you ONLY want their input. Otherwise, anyone is liable to respond.
                            No, you're welcolme to respond. Have you considered why no one responded to your link or checked in to spartanhood. I don't need your predicatable homer response.

Comment

• Super B
                              All District
                              • Apr 2015

Originally posted by TrojanHorse03

No, you're welcolme to respond. Have you considered why no one responded to your link or checked in to spartanhood. I don't need your predicatable homer response.
                              Strange of you to word it that way. If my response is so predictable, why bother asking? No need to answer that question.

I guess people will do what they want to do. I imagine too many boards is a juggling act most people don't want to deal with. To each their own. They can come join us if they want.

So, you don't like me? Is that it?
                              Super B

Comment

• TrojanHorse03
                                Special Teams
                                • Apr 2015

So, you don't like me? Is that it?
                                No, I just know you're most likely to give the Trinity jock sniffing response no one asked for.

Comment

• Tboy1152
                                  Practice Squad
                                  • Apr 2015

I can't wait to watch this game two powerhouses from different states going at it in the first game is going to be great!!! Its going to be a great running game against a great defense can't wait to be there to watch. I sure hope that that Sophomore TH III is ready to play he'll be a great addition to the offense wherever they decide to play him

Comment

• 93streak
                                    Special Teams
                                    • Apr 2015

wont this be DLS second game and Trinity's first?

Comment

• Super B
                                      All District
                                      • Apr 2015

Originally posted by 93streak
                                      wont this be DLS second game and Trinity's first?
                                      No, this will be both teams first game actually.
                                      Super B

Comment

• Super B
                                        All District
                                        • Apr 2015

I am looking forward to this game. Whether DLS recruits or not, they will have their hands full taking on Trinity.
                                        Super B

Comment

• Firefox
                                          Special Teams
                                          • Apr 2015

I can't help but think there is a big difference in competition. I get that the private schools can assemble a very talented football team. The only problem is, not all of the teams in their league are able to put together a talented team top to bottom. They will have a great QB , RB and one great o-lineman plus a couple of wr's, On defense they will have one outstanding D-lineman and two great LB's and a CB. The other players are average players that are coached up.

Someone would argue that Texas is a bunch of average players tat are coached up. That's true in many schools but due to participation levels, there are several outstanding players on each team- the good teams have the talent level of what I described for the private schools above. The great teams are loaded with talent with only a few average players.Our football is "watered down" by some standards but there is plenty of top teams. These top teams have plenty of other top teams to play in pre-district and one the playoffs begin.

DLS has some decent teams to play during the season, but once you factor in depth of roster, only Haltom and Richland are on that par. I believe our top tier teams are better, think 4a, 5a 6a- the biggest differentiator within the good teams is depth.

Just my two cents

Comment

• Comanche
                                            Practice Squad
                                            • Apr 2015

Is this game being played at Newsome Stadium-Mansfield?

Comment

• birddog14
                                              Practice Squad
                                              • Apr 2015

Originally posted by Comanche
                                              Is this game being played at Newsome Stadium-Mansfield?
                                              yes

Comment

• Comanche
                                                Practice Squad
                                                • Apr 2015

Guess i should have read the first page! ooops!

Comment

• Eagle2
                                                  All District
                                                  • Apr 2015

Due to the HS stadium capacity of 11,000, if you want to go, you might want to get your tickets early in the week.
                                                  Word is Arlington Martin v DeSoto could be first game?

Comment

• Super B
                                                    All District
                                                    • Apr 2015

Originally posted by Eagle
                                                    Word is Arlington Martin v DeSoto could be first game?
                                                    Yep.
                                                    Super B

Comment

• Super B
                                                      All District
                                                      • Apr 2015

Originally posted by tonydelasalle
                                                      I appreciate it guys thinking of me and where we can all meet and have a texas barbeque meal .. that sounds good .. we got plenty of time to put this plan together. I got one question
                                                      its quite early but is this guy natee # 2 your qb ? it currently says rb .. fb on max preps sports # 18 hes a junior is he going to be the qb ? they have like 56 guys up on the roster and
                                                      dls has up like 37 guys ...

Notice how there are zero highlights of him passing the ball.

Good luck stopping him when he has a full head of steam.
                                                      Super B

Comment

• sTp
                                                        1st Team
                                                        • Apr 2015

Notice how there are zero highlights of him passing the ball.

Good luck stopping him when he has a full head of steam.
                                                        He's fun to watch. Bounces off every hit (or kids go bouncing off him). Saw like one clean hit on him in that vid and he still didn't go down.

Comment

• Super B
                                                          All District
                                                          • Apr 2015

Originally posted by sTp

He's fun to watch. Bounces off every hit (or kids go bouncing off him). Saw like one clean hit on him in that vid and he still didn't go down.
                                                          Remeniscent of Javorski Lane.
                                                          Super B

Comment

• Super B
                                                            All District
                                                            • Apr 2015

So now I am hearing that due to the small size of the stadium, they are wanting to clear the stadium after the eSoto vs. Martin game. ESPN and others involved are trying to work out the logistics.

So, now I go back, what was the point of adding a 2nd game? Again, we could have just had this game at Pennington.
                                                            Super B

Comment

Working...