X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Farmer
    All District
    • Apr 2015

Originally posted by Super B

Pretty much everyone on the national board are homers. That is par for the course over there. Also there is a stick together mentality. When one team is being "picked on", all posters from that state unifies in defending them. Here it is our team we talk about and defend. Sometimes our region. There it is our state we talk about and defend. It's a real comradary.
    the only thing I can get is defending your team. Region or state not so much.
    Thats taking a moral victory approach when your team isn't good enough to get the job done when people have to resort to regional pride.

Comment

• Farmer
      All District
      • Apr 2015

Originally posted by DPaul

Who cares to think objectively? It's getting close to week 1 so if someone wants to stir the pot let them.

Texas is king of High School Football. The start of the season is like Christmas in August and you're sounding like the Grinch who stole Texas High School Football.
      how is Texas the king? Back that statement up and show us how it is the king. Saying we have more players doesn't make it so.

Im not sounding like the grinch at all you just don't care to think rationally which has become a trademark of yours over the years.

So so let's hear it. What makes Texas the king? Because DePaul who is Santa Claus, says so?

Comment

• Trojanbacker2
        Special Teams
        • Jul 2015

Originally posted by Farmer

how is Texas the king? Back that statement up and show us how it is the king. Saying we have more players doesn't make it so.

Im not sounding like the grinch at all you just don't care to think rationally which has become a trademark of yours over the years.

So so let's hear it. What makes Texas the king? Because DePaul who is Santa Claus, says so?
        If we were rational adults we wouldn't be spending time posting comments on a high school football message board. Objection denied.

Comment

• worldcitizen
          Practice Squad
          • Jul 2015

Originally posted by Trojanbacker2

If we were rational adults we wouldn't be spending time posting comments on a high school football message board. Objection denied.
          Classic. Well done sir.

Comment

• worldcitizen
            Practice Squad
            • Jul 2015

I don't know if Texas is "The King" but they are most definitely "One of The Kings". My opinion is that DFW area, Southern Cali, and Miami/Dade County area are so rich with talent and good football teams. I base this off of having seen a lot of these teams and the high rankings at end of the year. There are a lot of great football played all over the country ( especially in Northern Cali because that's where I played high school ball ) but those three areas stand out to me.

Comment

• DPaul
              Special Teams
              • Apr 2015

Bingo.

It's not that serious to me. I'm a Texan so of course I think everything in Texas is better.

Californians can think their stuff is better (psssst...which it's not because it's not from Texas)...

Floridians can think their stuff is better. I don't care. If they do think that I for one will not chase them around a message board demanding answers dammit!

Comment

• norcal_dad
                Practice Squad
                • Jul 2015

Weather Gods do seem to be shining on CA so far...10 day forecast has it a high of 101 that day but sun setting at 7:59 pm and humidity only at 37%....that is pretty much humidity right now in Concord.

Comment

• chhspantherfan
                  Special Teams
                  • Apr 2015

Bingo.

It's not that serious to me. I'm a Texan so of course I think everything in Texas is better.

Californians can think their stuff is better (psssst...which it's not because it's not from Texas)...

Floridians can think their stuff is better. I don't care. If they do think that I for one will not chase them around a message board demanding answers dammit!

Calm down there DP, you gonna need that extra energy to rattle the decibel level at Newsom in 11 days.

Comment

• Super B
                    All District
                    • Apr 2015

lol not at devil dog but at the whole "comradary" thing that's about ad lame as I've ever heard but to each their own.

now let me ask you this, do you consider Trinity to be one of the Texas "big boys" as devil dog implied and if so why, if not why not?
                    Obviously the National Board is no everyone's cup of tea. Like you said, to each their own.

I would say in the context DD was speaking of, yes. Trinity is one of the big boys of Texas. However that is subjective. I do realize Trinity is not among the very best right now. Allen, Cedar Hill, DeSoto and Katy (alphabetical order). Those are the best teams right now. Trinity is on the second rung with the likes of Steele, Manvel, SLC, Skyline (for now), etc... Too much time has gone by since they last played in the Finals. I believe they can get back though.

I don't know if saying why serves much purpose. Let's just say I am excited about the potential future this new HC and OC brings.
                    Super B

Comment

• Super B
                      All District
                      • Apr 2015

Originally posted by norcal_dad
                      Weather Gods do seem to be shining on CA so far...10 day forecast has it a high of 101 that day but sun setting at 7:59 pm and humidity only at 37%....that is pretty much humidity right now in Concord.
                      Welcome NC_D!
                      Super B

Comment

• Farmer
                        All District
                        • Apr 2015

Bingo.

it's not serious enough but yet you go on another board and mention me and indicate I'm giving super B **** when that is not the case. It clearly is a big deal to you.

Comment

• Farmer
                          All District
                          • Apr 2015

Originally posted by worldcitizen

I don't know if Texas is "The King" but they are most definitely "One of The Kings". My opinion is that DFW area, Southern Cali, and Miami/Dade County area are so rich with talent and good football teams. I base this off of having seen a lot of these teams and the high rankings at end of the year. There are a lot of great football played all over the country ( especially in Northern Cali because that's where I played high school ball ) but those three areas stand out to me.
                          exactly. They are one of the top states for Hs football not the top and not the king. There are simply too many other states that play good, quality football and produce more college ready kids than Texas for Texans to make such a bold claim to be "the epicenter " or "the King" of high school football.

Comment

• Farmer
                            All District
                            • Apr 2015

Obviously the National Board is no everyone's cup of tea. Like you said, to each their own.

I would say in the context DD was speaking of, yes. Trinity is one of the big boys of Texas. However that is subjective. I do realize Trinity is not among the very best right now. Allen, Cedar Hill, DeSoto and Katy (alphabetical order). Those are the best teams right now. Trinity is on the second rung with the likes of Steele, Manvel, SLC, Skyline (for now), etc... Too much time has gone by since they last played in the Finals. I believe they can get back though.

I don't know if saying why serves much purpose. Let's just say I am excited about the potential future this new HC and OC brings.
                            why wouldn't it serve purpose? Let's discuss things. Why don't you lay out your reasoning why you believe something for discussion purposes rather than just sit here and "stir the pot" as you say

Comment

• Super B
                              All District
                              • Apr 2015

why wouldn't it serve purpose? Let's discuss things. Why don't you lay out your reasoning why you believe something for discussion purposes rather than just sit here and "stir the pot" as you say
                              Wrong thread. That would be a team thread type discussion. But no, I have no intention of discussing it.
                              Super B

Comment

• Eagle82
                                All District
                                • Apr 2015

Well back to DLS and their 151 streak.

Regardless of who they played over those years, kids are kids and with all the different personalities, attitudes, work ethics, etc., to maintain that many consecutive wins without the occasional let down we see teams experience, is just amazing.

I would bet if Abilene High played against say 2A or 3A teams during that span of time, they wouldn't be able to go 151-0 because somewhere along the line there would be a Friday night where some of the kids felt a win was automatic and little effort would need to be applied on the field and that would be the night they get their butts whopped.

What's that ole saying, "I am my worst enemy"

For 151 games, those kids could have been their own worst enemy yet they weren't.

As for Trinity, their schedule and stuff, I don't keep up with them but you play who you play and there is nothing that can be done about that. I will say this though, AH beats Trinity in 2009, no doubt about it.

Comment

• Farmer
                                  All District
                                  • Apr 2015

Wrong thread. That would be a team thread type discussion. But no, I have no intention of discussing it.
                                  it's not the wrong thread when you actually brought up the topic of discussing past performances in relation to competition among other things. I just don't know why you wouldn't be willing to discuss it when you've gone out of your way to try and discuss the DLs program in relation to who they've played as well as what they've won. Seems like you're hiding from something or just not wanting to admit something.
                                  Last edited by Farmer; 08-18-2015, 10:47 PM.

Comment

• Farmer
                                    All District
                                    • Apr 2015

Originally posted by Eagle82
                                    Well back to DLS and their 151 streak.

Regardless of who they played over those years, kids are kids and with all the different personalities, attitudes, work ethics, etc., to maintain that many consecutive wins without the occasional let down we see teams experience, is just amazing.

I would bet if Abilene High played against say 2A or 3A teams during that span of time, they wouldn't be able to go 151-0 because somewhere along the line there would be a Friday night where some of the kids felt a win was automatic and little effort would need to be applied on the field and that would be the night they get their butts whopped.

What's that ole saying, "I am my worst enemy"

For 151 games, those kids could have been their own worst enemy yet they weren't.

As for Trinity, their schedule and stuff, I don't keep up with them but you play who you play and there is nothing that can be done about that. I will say this though, AH beats Trinity in 2009, no doubt about it.
                                    exactly. The fact that they won 151 in a row with the resources they had is the most impressive thing high school football has ever seen in this country. To try and analyze it by saying "but they played in nor cal" against weak competition serves no purpose other than attempting to do everything you can to try and diminish the accomplishment of probably the greatest HS football program of the last 25 years.

Hard to to argue with 2009. Abilene was a great team and I'm not sure anybody in the state other than maybe Lake Travis could have beat them that year.

Comment

• Trojanbacker2
                                      Special Teams
                                      • Jul 2015

They have a movie about them.......won 151 games in a row......and now they have an former All Pro running back coaching their kids. We're doomed!

Comment

• Farmer
                                        All District
                                        • Apr 2015

They have a movie about them.......won 151 games in a row......and now they have an former All Pro running back coaching their kids. We're doomed!

meh! I'd say having connections to Jon Kitna and his goalpost and Toby Harrah is more valuable than that of just Maurice Jones Drew.

Comment

• DPaul
                                          Special Teams
                                          • Apr 2015

it's not serious enough but yet you go on another board and mention me and indicate I'm giving super B **** when that is not the case. It clearly is a big deal to you.
                                          You mean the 6ATexasFootball board?

Yes. I was responding to a question of your whereabouts.

Comment

• DPaul
                                            Special Teams
                                            • Apr 2015

Originally posted by chhspantherfan

Calm down there DP, you gonna need that extra energy to rattle the decibel level at Newsom in 11 days.
                                            I don't think a message board post will zap all my energy. I'll try to save some for the game.

Comment

• Farmer
                                              All District
                                              • Apr 2015

You mean the 6ATexasFootball board?

Yes. I was responding to a question of your whereabouts.
                                              adding in giving super b shit when all in trying to do is to get him to engage in conversation. If it wasn't serious to you then you wouldn't have felt the need to obsess over me on another site

Comment

• Farmer
                                                All District
                                                • Apr 2015

What will the skill positions at DLS look like outside of the RBs? This early in the year and with an experienced QB coming back how often do you think they will throw the football? There are some great PA plays I've seen DLs run out of their veer and how often will they go over the middle on some crossing routes or post routes after establishing the run game? On average how often does DLS throw in close games late?

Comment

• tonydelasalle151
                                                  Special Teams
                                                  • May 2015

I think over the years most high school football fans believe that texas loves their high school football cause they draw so well .. we heard stories of how they would draw 30,000 - 40,000
                                                  then the movie Friday night lights came out and that showed how much high school football meant to the wonderful folks of texas .. the passion is there . as far as the quality of teams ?
                                                  well on most rankings they are always up there in top 50 . at least 6-10 schools are in that top 50 .. allen .. trinity .. de soto .. cedar hill .. katy .. skyline .. lake carroll .. so when someone asks
                                                  me where the top schools in America is it will cross my mind the dallas area .. Miami area .. los angeles area .. I don't know for sure how many times the texas schools leave the area
                                                  I really wish super b ( the mvp of this board ) would present that info about trinity ? out of state record like he did with de la salle . that was impressive .. im one of those nut fans that said
                                                  wow super b got some good info on the Spartans ..im not really a HOMER only when someone insults de la salle only cause I don't think they deserve it .. what I noticed with the de la salle Spartans
                                                  is how they are up for evry game ?? they go into every game like they are the underdog ?? its a mindset .. its all part of the system .. they play with urgency . notice during the game they will come out of the huddle no matter what the score of the game is they will sprint up to the line ... to me this is the game of the year for both schools cant wait but most of all cant wait to meet up with the texas fans at our get together on Saturday ... I was surprised with drew being the assistant running back coach .. he wont play folks so your not doomed .. your running back Wilson scares me ..

Comment

• tonydelasalle151
                                                    Special Teams
                                                    • May 2015

do you know how many people bet the texas rangers under 76 wins ? a lot I thank the texas rangers for having a decent season and they will win over 76 wins . god bless them !!!

Comment

• DPaul
                                                      Special Teams
                                                      • Apr 2015

Originally posted by tonydelasalle151
                                                      do you know how many people bet the texas rangers under 76 wins ? a lot I thank the texas rangers for having a decent season and they will win over 76 wins . god bless them !!!
                                                      Hey Tony,didn't you say you were going to a Ranger game when you're down next week?

If so, it's a good week to be at the Ballpark. Both Tor and Balt in town during your stay. Two teams we're trying to catch in the wildcard race.

Comment

• DLsSpartanz
                                                        Practice Squad
                                                        • Aug 2015

What will the skill positions at DLS look like outside of the RBs? This early in the year and with an experienced QB coming back how often do you think they will throw the football? There are some great PA plays I've seen DLs run out of their veer and how often will they go over the middle on some crossing routes or post routes after establishing the run game? On average how often does DLS throw in close games late?

Farmer,
                                                        The receiving corps for DLS looks to be pretty good. Obviously, having Asiasi(6-5 270) at TE is a huge plus. But the WRs will be pretty deep. I think Vanderklugt(6-2 190) and Harvey(5-11 170) will start. But they've also got about 3-4 other kids that they will platoon. E. Short and Tre White will see significant time. Both are sub 11 guys(I think Harvey is close if not under). I wouldn't be surprised to see Custer in the slot on occasion as well. He made a few good catches last season. And of course having Sweeney back at qb will be a huge upgrade as far as throwing the ball. Vandy obviously did a great job last season as his replacement, but Sweeney is a better passer and is one of he fastest guys on the team.

So. How often will they pass? Certainly enough to keep Trinity honest. The coaches know that they can't run run run on teams like Trinity or LBP. We saw what happened against SJB back in '13 when they couldn't throw. They've been emphasizing this over the summer. DLS isn't going to turn into a spread team, but I think you'll see them passing upwards of 10-15 times a game depending on the opponent. And as far as passing late in games. They'll do it if they're down. And that'll depend on how the running game is going as well. Even down they never really passed against CC because CC couldn't stop the run. Likely not as much if they're up. The Y-pop is a very popular play with DLS. It works really well if the run has been established. I think you'll see Sweeney throwing it around the yard this year.

Comment

• DPaul
                                                          Special Teams
                                                          • Apr 2015

Originally posted by DLsSpartanz

Farmer,
                                                          The receiving corps for DLS looks to be pretty good. Obviously, having Asiasi(6-5 270) at TE is a huge plus. But the WRs will be pretty deep. I think Vanderklugt(6-2 190) and Harvey(5-11 170) will start. But they've also got about 3-4 other kids that they will platoon. E. Short and Tre White will see significant time. Both are sub 11 guys(I think Harvey is close if not under). I wouldn't be surprised to see Custer in the slot on occasion as well. He made a few good catches last season. And of course having Sweeney back at qb will be a huge upgrade as far as throwing the ball. Vandy obviously did a great job last season as his replacement, but Sweeney is a better passer and is one of he fastest guys on the team.

So. How often will they pass? Certainly enough to keep Trinity honest. The coaches know that they can't run run run on teams like Trinity or LBP. We saw what happened against SJB back in '13 when they couldn't throw. They've been emphasizing this over the summer. DLS isn't going to turn into a spread team, but I think you'll see them passing upwards of 10-15 times a game depending on the opponent. And as far as passing late in games. They'll do it if they're down. And that'll depend on how the running game is going as well. Even down they never really passed against CC because CC couldn't stop the run. Likely not as much if they're up. The Y-pop is a very popular play with DLS. It works really well if the run has been established. I think you'll see Sweeney throwing it around the yard this year.
                                                          I understand Antoine Custer is the main back but this Hernandez doesn't get talked about nearly as much as the others like Sweeney, Custer and Asiasi.

How many opportunities does he get in the course of a game? Is he a short yardage option moreso than Custer? Is he a target as a receiver out of the backfield with some PA? These unsung guys worry me like the little biddy WR from Allen last year who kilt us, his name was Hart. We better be ready for this Hernandez kid too.

Comment

• chhspantherfan
                                                            Special Teams
                                                            • Apr 2015

We are hoping Euless can keep it close. We will show up regardless rooting on our boys against the mighty Spartans of De La Salle. Please show mercy.

And I hope the Spartans don't hit our boys too hard. We're more finesse.

Comment

• tonydelasalle151
                                                              Special Teams
                                                              • May 2015

yes dpaul im going on Thursday vs Toronto gonna get their early check out the ballpark it starts at 1pm gonna leave at 230pm got to pick up one of players father at 3 pm then after he checks in at
                                                              Sheraton were gonna walked over or drive over to cowboy stadium try to get in on one of their tours there .. heard now de la salle gets in Thursday and they have a practice that night
                                                              listen we just cant tell you everything about the Spartans game plan ? lol .. whos custer ? never heard of him ? I guess Saturday are we all going to take a few shots in honor of the two programs ? and the guy above me CHHSPANTHERFAN lol wow that's the oldest trick in the book I love it !!!!! I thought trinity was physical and the mighty Spartans are finesse or maybe it was you that wrote that ? classic

Comment

Working...