X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Admin
    TX HS Football Talk
    • Mar 2015

Originally posted by Super B

I say inside somewhere before the Trinity-DLS game. It's going to be hot enough outside for several hours we are there.
    Inside somewhere?
    Won't folk's lose their seats if they leave between the games?

I'm all for this so any help in planing logistics would be appreciated.

Comment

• mojotrain
      2nd Team
      • Jun 2015

Originally posted by sTp
      I know Whataburger has been talked about quite a bit, but that's just one meal.. No doubt Tony and the entourage will be here for more than one day, someone needs to point Tony and friends to a good Texas BBQ joint up there in the DFW.. Just my humble suggestion.. Or bring some to a tailgate or sumtin..
      Good luck with this suggestion. I think it's a money problem.

Comment

• tonydelasalle151
        Special Teams
        • May 2015

im in guys again thanks for thinking of me .. im getting here weds night if anyone wishes to meet Thursday night or even Friday night let me know and also what do you guys think of meeting for a tailgate party like at 12 noon in parking lot of the game .. get like a tent to cover sun ?? or do you have any ideas ? ill pitch a 100.00 or what evr it takes ?? beers sodas food etc I have at least 4 in my party .. its just an idea but im in !!!!

Comment

• tonydelasalle151
          Special Teams
          • May 2015

maybe we ought to meet inside

Comment

• Admin
            TX HS Football Talk
            • Mar 2015

Originally posted by tonydelasalle151
            maybe we ought to meet inside
            Whatever you all prefer.

If you want this on game day, we should plan on meeting a few hours before the first game, yes/no?
            Want to meet inside, yes/no?
            Type of food preferred? Good ole Texas BBQ?

Any recommendations on a good eatery would be appreciated.

As far as cost, we'll pick up the tab for members of THSFBT and their families. Mind you, members who actively participate in the community.

and Tony, don't let these folk's scare you, it gets hot, but not that hot....
            or does it?

5100450-exhausted-emoticon.jpg

Comment

• tonydelasalle151
              Special Teams
              • May 2015

yes lets meet at 12 noon ... yes inside .. ribs would be great !!! I was advised not a good idea starting at 12 noon outside at a tailgate . other than that hopefully we can all come up with an idea im in either way
              again thanks alot

Comment

• Trinity Dad
                Practice Squad
                • Jul 2015

My daughter in D.C. sent me this. I don't know how I missed it...

One of the most highly-anticipated Week 1 matchups of the upcoming season pits perennial state power Euless Trinity against MaxPreps' national preseason No.1 team, De La Salle, which is northeast of…

Comment

• Trojanbacker2
                  Special Teams
                  • Jul 2015

Originally posted by Trinity Dad
                  My daughter in D.C. sent me this. I don't know how I missed it...
                  Would like to see more X and O talk in these articles and less hamburger comparisons. I guess we'll find out soon enough.

Comment

• tonydelasalle151
                    Special Teams
                    • May 2015

Whataburger -7
                    in&out burger + 7

de la salle - 9
                    trinity Euless + 9

Comment

• tonydelasalle151
                      Special Teams
                      • May 2015

dallas morning news forgot on those comparisions that the golden state warriors won a title 2014-2015 and the san Francisco giants won 3 world series in the last 5 years .. an YOUR FAVORITE

COWBOY LARRY ALLEN IS FROM CALIFORNIA AND HIS SON PLAYED FOR DE LA SALLE AND ASK HIM WHO HE WILL BE ROOTING FOR ??? and for the record Hollywood sucks the way hey made the movie

Comment

• tonydelasalle151
                        Special Teams
                        • May 2015

no disrespect intended about anything in texas .. all you guys in here have been awesome and really hoping we can meet that Saturday maybe around 12 noon inside of course

Comment

• Super B
                          All District
                          • Apr 2015

no disrespect intended about anything in texas .. all you guys in here have been awesome and really hoping we can meet that Saturday maybe around 12 noon inside of course
                          That is a good idea.
                          Super B

Comment

• Trojanbacker2
                            Special Teams
                            • Jul 2015

No disrespect taken. I love California. Thank you for sending Toyota our way and the 4,000 jobs they are bringing.

Comment

• BevoBo
                              Special Teams
                              • Apr 2015

Non taken. I expect a Texas writer to pimp Texas and Californians to do the same for their state, besides as TB2 said, California is great place. Been to San Diego a few times and love it there. Don't want to live there(couldn't afford it anyway), but I do enjoy visiting. Great weather, hills and ocean views. Just a pretty city!

As far as meeting, I will be there for sure(Lord willing), wherever we decide. Always enjoy meeting opposing fans and meeting new Trinity fans.

Tony, a post on another site mentioned teams in California practice year round..... Is that true?
                              Last edited by BevoBo; 08-04-2015, 10:55 AM.

Comment

• BevoBo
                                Special Teams
                                • Apr 2015

I would prefer BBQ to eat, but open to anything. Here are some BBQ places that are close to stadium. These are only suggestions that pulled up on web. Again, just throwing suggestion out there. I'll go where the masses want to go. I'm not familiar with Mansfield or S. Arlington enough to know where the good places to eat are.

Comment

• tonydelasalle151
                                  Special Teams
                                  • May 2015

I know de la salle don't practice all year long

Comment

• tonydelasalle151
                                    Special Teams
                                    • May 2015

i don't believe that is true .. i do know dls does not practice all year

Comment

• tonydelasalle151
                                      Special Teams
                                      • May 2015

let me know by the 21st where we all agree to meet .. you guys know the barbeque places .. we can exchange phone numbers sounds good guys awesome

Comment

• Super B
                                        All District
                                        • Apr 2015

let me know by the 21st where we all agree to meet .. you guys know the barbeque places .. we can exchange phone numbers sounds good guys awesome
                                        A decision should be made by this weekend, hopefully.

Hey Tony, you need to get the rest of the Spartan posters over here on the cool board. I am ready to talk some serious smack, and I don't want you to have to bear it alone. I like you, so I am just watching out for you.
                                        Super B

Comment

• Super B
                                          All District
                                          • Apr 2015

Nope.
                                          Attached Files
                                          Last edited by Super B; 08-05-2015, 07:11 PM.
                                          Super B

Comment

• BevoBo
                                            Special Teams
                                            • Apr 2015

[ATTACH=CONFIG]n6369[/ATTACH]
                                            I say we get together at Noon at Barbecue.

The ratings on Yelp are very good. Very good-Excellent food, great service. Friendly staff. $$ It also happens to be right across the street from the Mansfield Football Stadium. Well, it's the other Mansfield ISD Football (RL Anderson) Stadium, but it is about four miles from Vernon Newsome.

Sounds good to me. If we eat a noon, gives plenty of time to trek 4 miles to stadium. BTW, Wife and daughter may be coming with me.

Comment

• Super B
                                              All District
                                              • Apr 2015

Actually I will keep looking. I hear this place has flies. Not good. I have something else in mind and will post it later this evening when I get back to Texas.
                                              Super B

Comment

• CHill
                                                1st Team
                                                • Apr 2015

Nice read, http://t.co/ysN5nyPdS1http://t.co/PUY59O8WpG

Comment

• Super B
                                                  All District
                                                  • Apr 2015

I invited Callibrodda over here. He wants to tell us how great CA football is. What a douchebag.
                                                  Super B

Comment

• Super B
                                                    All District
                                                    • Apr 2015

I am thinking about Eddie Deen Crossroads Barbecue on Collins. Across from the DeathStar. Just up the street from Euless. Many of the DLS fans are staying at the Sheraton next to my he Arlington Convention Center I believe, so this would be real close to them too. Anyway, this place is pretty big time. The owner catered GWB's Gubernatorial and Presidential Inaugurations, and Rick Perry's Gubernatorial Inauguration.

http://www.dallasobserver.com/restau...-bikes-7034048

http://www.wfaa.com/story/news/featu...tion/21370063/

(817) 795-6900

Last edited by Super B; 08-05-2015, 07:32 PM.
                                                    Super B

Comment

• Super B
                                                      All District
                                                      • Apr 2015

Yep. That's the place. ^^^
                                                      Super B

Comment

• svhorns
                                                        All State
                                                        • Apr 2015

I invited Callibrodda over here. He wants to tell us how great CA football is. What a douchebag.
                                                        Ok? Cali football is really good. If we're talking strictly about teams and players they're actually better than Texas with less participation. Without bringing community support and environment into the discussion Cali has every right to say their HS football is better there. Bishop Amat made Aldeo cry for mercy. Trinity is soon going to find out the De La Salle is going to be just as good.

Comment

• svhorns
                                                          All State
                                                          • Apr 2015

If I see the well it's a private school blah blah blah crap, don't bother. I used to think Texas had the greatest purely formed teams but we all know that is no longer the case so that argument won't fly.

Comment

• BevoBo
                                                            Special Teams
                                                            • Apr 2015

Originally posted by svhorns

Ok? Cali football is really good. If we're talking strictly about teams and players they're actually better than Texas with less participation. Without bringing community support and environment into the discussion Cali has every right to say their HS football is better there. Bishop Amat made Aldeo cry for mercy. Trinity is soon going to find out the De La Salle is going to be just as good.
                                                            Purely subjective and matter of opinion.

Comment

• svhorns
                                                              All State
                                                              • Apr 2015

Originally posted by BevoBo
                                                              Purely subjective and matter of opinion.
                                                              Even if I were to take the time to find the stats and records it would be like trying to persuade my dog into thinking he's a cat. Not worth the time or effort when he's just sitting there licking his balls. Talking about the top programs in Cali, Texas, and Florida everything is going to be subjective and a matter of opinion. What I do know though is that Bishop Amat made a legitimate Texas power house and a Texas State champion look like Houston Chavez.

Comment

Working...