Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Super B
    All District
    • Apr 2015

I thought we all knew Aledo is not a top 30, maybe even not a top 40 team in Texas. While I am certain they'd make the playoffs in just about any 6A district, I doubt they last more than three rounds at the most. Amat finished ranked #5 in CA and went three rounds deep, losing by one point to Centennial who finished as the state runner-up.
    Super B

Comment

• svhorns
      All State
      • Apr 2015

Originally posted by Super B
      I thought we all knew Aledo is not a top 30, maybe even not a top 40 team in Texas. While I am certain they'd make the playoffs in just about any 6A district, I doubt they last more than three rounds at the most. Amat finished ranked #5 in CA and went three rounds deep, losing by one point to Centennial who finished as the state runner-up.
      Who is we? I don't remember there being a discussion on this board regarding Aledo and whether or not their a top 30 or 40 team in Texas. You might have discussed that on some other board ran by hacks. Funny how you cant seem to leave that place while trying to take a position here. lol.

What we all know is that Aledo won a class 5A championship. What we all know is Bishop Amat beat Aledo 42-7. We, on this board or any board for that matter, do not know whether or not Aledo would rank in the 30 to 40 range in Texas. What we all know is that Trinity struggled with a 5A team in Rockwall Heath 17-14. What we all know is Rockwall Heath got waxed by another 5A team in Tyler John Tyler 49-21. What we all know is that Trinity finished in the top 10 of most pundits final 2014 6A rankings. What we do know is Aledo is considered a Texas power house according to every high school football publication.

If you could find me a publication that had Aledo ranked in the 30 to 40 range in Texas I might see your point being credible but I have a strong feeling you wont be able to produce any rankings that would support WE, whoever WE may be.

Comment

• Super B
        All District
        • Apr 2015

Actually I am pretty sure that conversation took place on the National Board which many people here ARE a part of. That board is well run and far more like this board than any other board.
        Super B

Comment

• Farmer
          All District
          • Apr 2015

Interesting discussion going on here. I would be curious as to the 30-40 teams that were clearly better than Aledo a year ago or overall as a program. Aledo has reached legendary status now being one of only a few programs with 6 state championships.
          I would be interested though in the 30 or even 40 teams you would have ranked above Aledo last year and how you came to that conclusion

Comment

• OakTreeOut-n-Up
            Special Teams
            • Apr 2015

Originally posted by Farmer
            Interesting discussion going on here. I would be curious as to the 30-40 teams that were clearly better than Aledo a year ago or overall as a program. Aledo has reached legendary status now being one of only a few programs with 6 state championships.
            I would be interested though in the 30 or even 40 teams you would have ranked above Aledo last year and how you came to that conclusion
            40's a stretch, but I don't know if 30 is that far off, 25ish would've been my guess. That's academic though... 42-7 is a butt whipping, and though Aledo's team last year was a little bit underwhelming to me, I'm still very surprised that game was so ugly. Aledo is what they are, though.... I have a hard time forgetting Lake Travis schooling them in a similarly shocking fashion.
            Last edited by OakTreeOut-n-Up; 08-06-2015, 12:51 PM.

Comment

• Farmer
              All District
              • Apr 2015

Originally posted by OakTreeOut-n-Up

40's a stretch, but I don't know if 30 is that far off, 25ish would've been my guess. That's academic though... 42-7 is a butt whipping, and though Aledo's team last year was a little bit underwhelming to me, I'm still very surprised that game was so ugly. Aledo is what they are, though.... I have a hard time forgetting Lake Travis schooling them in a similarly shocking fashion.
              I'm trying to think of 30 myself. I can come up with Katy, Steele, Manvel, Midway, CHill, DeSoto, Allen, Trinity, Carroll, Cy Ranch, Dickinson, Westfield

Comment

• svhorns
                All State
                • Apr 2015

Aledo was a much better team than Rockwall Heath. That's evident because Heath didnt make it to the state championship game and Aledo won state. Heath was darn close to beating the #7 ranked 6A team in Texas in Trinity. While figuring out where to place Aledo in 6A is subjective, Heath had no issues keeping up with Trinity. I would place Aledo somewhere close to 10.

Comment

• OakTreeOut-n-Up
                  Special Teams
                  • Apr 2015

I'm trying to think of 30 myself. I can come up with Katy, Steele, Manvel, Midway, CHill, DeSoto, Allen, Trinity, Carroll, Cy Ranch, Dickinson, Westfield
                  Skyline. I think there are a a few lesser 6A teams that would've got my wagering money against Aledo's team LAST YEAR. Lake Travis, Guyer, Mansfield, Abilene, and I'm guessing at least 3-4 from Houston that I just didn't get to see that were of similar caliber. Probably Pearland. I think Aledo would've slotted higher in previous years.

Comment

• OakTreeOut-n-Up
                    Special Teams
                    • Apr 2015

Originally posted by svhorns

Aledo was a much better team than Rockwall Heath. That's evident because Heath didnt make it to the state championship game and Aledo won state. Heath was darn close to beating the #7 ranked 6A team in Texas in Trinity. While figuring out where to place Aledo in 6A is subjective, Heath had no issues keeping up with Trinity. I would place Aledo somewhere close to 10.
                    All I can go by is what I saw. I wouldn't have bet on last year's Aledo team over someone like Guyer or Mansfield and I think there were lots of 6A teams better than those 2.
                    Last edited by OakTreeOut-n-Up; 08-06-2015, 01:23 PM.

Comment

• svhorns
                      All State
                      • Apr 2015

All I can go by is what I saw. I wouldn't have bet on last year's Aledo team over someone like Guyer or Mansfield, and I don't think either of them were top 15 caliber.
                      Completely understand. It's really all subjective. I do know Aledo is substantially better than Heath though based on their win against CUJO. I don't see why Aledo wouldn't have been able to go blow for blow with Trinity just like Rockwall Heath.

Comment

• Farmer
                        All District
                        • Apr 2015

Skyline. I think there are a a few lesser 6A teams that would've got my wagering money against Aledo's team LAST YEAR. Lake Travis, Guyer, Mansfield, Abilene, and I'm guessing at least 3-4 from Houston that I just didn't get to see that were of similar caliber. Probably Pearland. I think Aledo would've slotted higher in previous years.
                        Skyline for sure. Good catch on that one. I wasn't impressed with Abilene at all last year despite them playing CHill tough and I wouldn't be overly confident in picking Guyer just because they weren't s deep team and were very inconsistent and not very good on defense.
                        I think Mansfield would be a solid pick as well. It would just be tough for me to really pick out 30-40 teams who were better than Aledo

Comment

• Farmer
                          All District
                          • Apr 2015

Completely understand. It's really all subjective. I do know Aledo is substantially better than Heath though based on their win against CUJO. I don't see why Aledo wouldn't have been able to go blow for blow with Trinity just like Rockwall Heath.
                          I think what you're going to see is some people (not oak) who are going to try to downplay how good Aledo was relative to other teams in the state due to them getting beat the way they did by Amat. There were not many teams in Texas a year ago who would have been able to deliver that kind of beating to Akedo like Amat did.

Comment

• calibrodda
                            Practice Squad
                            • Aug 2015

svhorns you sounded like a sensible man that can look at a game without the total blinded eyes of bias. I look to people like you to educate me on Texas hsfb. On that other texas board which looked to me like a joke I nothing but posters telling me how many players went D1 and how Aledo was not even a top 40 team. When I tried to show them the numbers they said well Cali has 12 million more people and I came back with participation numbers and that did not fly with the posters on that other site. Thanks Superb for pointing me to the real Texas hsfb board!!!

Comment

• svhorns
                              All State
                              • Apr 2015

I think what you're going to see is some people (not oak) who are going to try to downplay how good Aledo was relative to other teams in the state due to them getting beat the way they did by Amat. There were not many teams in Texas a year ago who would have been able to deliver that kind of beating to Akedo like Amat did.
                              Bishop Amat according to SuperB was ranked #5 in Cali. Trinity was ranked from what I've seen anywhere from 6 to 8 in most final rankings. Both Trinity and Bishop Amat were ranked pretty evenly in their respective states. I dont see Trinity being able to duplicate what the 5th ranked team from Cali did to Aledo. My support on that is Trinity's game against Heath and the Aledo, CUJO, Heath connection in the late rounds of the 5A playoffs. Aledo also hosted the Cali team and the game was played with Texas rules.
                              Last edited by svhorns; 08-06-2015, 02:12 PM.

Comment

• svhorns
                                All State
                                • Apr 2015

Originally posted by calibrodda

svhorns you sounded like a sensible man that can look at a game without the total blinded eyes of bias. I look to people like you to educate me on Texas hsfb. On that other texas board which looked to me like a joke I nothing but posters telling me how many players went D1 and how Aledo was not even a top 40 team. When I tried to show them the numbers they said well Cali has 12 million more people and I came back with participation numbers and that did not fly with the posters on that other site. Thanks Superb for pointing me to the real Texas hsfb board!!!
                                IMO Aledo is probably somewhere in the 8-15 range. Anyone who says Aledo is in the 30-40 range isnt being honest. What also peeked my interest is the enrollment size isnt that far off as well. Bishop Amat has about 1400 and Aledo about 1100 students.

You'll probably hear crap about Bishop Amat being a private school and having the ability to recruit but trust me Aledo isnt a saint when it comes to fielding their team. Farmer can probably explain Aledo and their ability to land some of the top players in the DFW area at their school, if you care to hear about that.

Comment

• calibrodda
                                  Practice Squad
                                  • Aug 2015

IMO Aledo is probably somewhere in the 8-15 range. Anyone who says Aledo is in the 30-40 range isnt being honest. What also peeked my interest is the enrollment size isnt that far off as well. Bishop Amat has about 1400 and Aledo about 1100 students.

You'll probably hear crap about Bishop Amat being a private school and having the ability to recruit but trust me Aledo isnt a saint when it comes to fielding their team. Farmer can probably explain Aledo and their ability to land some of the top players in the DFW area at their school, if you care to hear about that.
                                  With regards to recruiting, BA has lots of competition with much more attractive schools to go to and in their home town of La Puente lets just say its not a hot bed of talent. I appreciate the honest responses. Makes for a much better discussion that's for sure.

Comment

• worldcitizen
                                    Practice Squad
                                    • Jul 2015

Hello to all. First time posting here but have been following this discussion for a little while and have been following high school football for past 20 years or so. I have been following De La Salle since 95. I have much respect for Texas in general and am in awe of your passion about high school football.

I can't wait for the season to start. Does anybody know if there is any plans for Trinity to go to Cali next year or if it's a one and done deal? Was the last time Trinity played out of state the time they went to play Bellevue? I was hoping you guy's would have won that game. I'm not a big fan of Bellevue (especially since they ended the streak).

As for which state plays better football, I don't think it is possible to have any real answer to that. Depends on year, team, matchups, and so many other things. The only thing I think one can say about Texas vs. Cali is that Texas is religious about football and for the most part, Cali is not.

That's all I got. Just wanted to jump in here and say hello. Best of luck to all of you.

Comment

• svhorns
                                      All State
                                      • Apr 2015

Originally posted by worldcitizen
                                      Hello to all. First time posting here but have been following this discussion for a little while and have been following high school football for past 20 years or so. I have been following De La Salle since 95. I have much respect for Texas in general and am in awe of your passion about high school football.

I can't wait for the season to start. Does anybody know if there is any plans for Trinity to go to Cali next year or if it's a one and done deal? Was the last time Trinity played out of state the time they went to play Bellevue? I was hoping you guy's would have won that game. I'm not a big fan of Bellevue (especially since they ended the streak).

As for which state plays better football, I don't think it is possible to have any real answer to that. Depends on year, team, matchups, and so many other things. The only thing I think one can say about Texas vs. Cali is that Texas is religious about football and for the most part, Cali is not.

That's all I got. Just wanted to jump in here and say hello. Best of luck to all of you.
                                      The passion and evironment of Texas High School Football can not be matched. I also agree on everything you said regarding the comparison between the two states. Welcome aboard.

Comment

• calibrodda
                                        Practice Squad
                                        • Aug 2015

Originally posted by Super B
                                        I invited Callibrodda over here. He wants to tell us how great CA football is. What a douchebag.
                                        HI!!!!!!

Comment

• OakTreeOut-n-Up
                                          Special Teams
                                          • Apr 2015

Bishop Amat according to SuperB was ranked #5 in Cali. Trinity was ranked from what I've seen anywhere from 6 to 8 in most final rankings. Both Trinity and Bishop Amat were ranked pretty evenly in their respective states. I dont see Trinity being able to duplicate what the 5th ranked team from Cali did to Aledo. My support on that is Trinity's game against Heath and the Aledo, CUJO, Heath connection in the late rounds of the 5A playoffs. Aledo also hosted the Cali team and the game was played with Texas rules.

How about Desoto or Skylne, two teams who were probably ranked #s 4 & 5 in Texas last year (behind Allen, Chill, and Katy)? I could easily see Desoto or Skyline mudholing Aledo by 35.

Comment

• svhorns
                                            All State
                                            • Apr 2015

How about Desoto or Skylne, two teams who were probably ranked #s 4 & 5 in Texas last year (behind Allen, Chill, and Katy)? I could easily see Desoto or Skyline mudholing Aledo by 35.
                                            I really think you're giving those teams way too much credit and not crediting Aledo enough. You're basically saying Aledo is close in comparison to Irving MacArthur, Carrollton Turner, and worse than Dallas Jesuit when looking at The Skyline scores. I see them holding their own against Desoto and Skyline, not winning, but keeping the score respectable.

Comment

• Trojanbacker2
                                              Special Teams
                                              • Jul 2015

Welcome. Trinity also traveled to Arkansas in 2013 to play state power Bentonville. They also traveled to Southlake last year which is like going to another world.

Comment

• Super B
                                                All District
                                                • Apr 2015

svhorns you sounded like a sensible man that can look at a game without the total blinded eyes of bias. I look to people like you to educate me on Texas hsfb. On that other texas board which looked to me like a joke I nothing but posters telling me how many players went D1 and how Aledo was not even a top 40 team. When I tried to show them the numbers they said well Cali has 12 million more people and I came back with participation numbers and that did not fly with the posters on that other site. Thanks Super B for pointing me to the real Texas hsfb board!!!
                                                No problem. That is why I invited you. It was for recruiting purposes only.
                                                Super B

Comment

• Super B
                                                  All District
                                                  • Apr 2015

I kindly suggest this thread be reserved for Trinity vs. DLS and any talk of Bishop Amat vs. Aledo or how good Aledo really is compared to other 6A teams etc be talked about elsewhere. In fact, here is a nice Texas vs. California vs. Florida thread. There is even a poll. Right now Texas is winning of course. Florida has a few votes and California has zero votes. Go there, vote and post. Let's get back to the topic of Trinity vs. DLS. Thx.
                                                  Super B

Comment

• Comanche
                                                    Practice Squad
                                                    • Apr 2015

I came to the board this morning and thought i was on the wrong thread with all the Aledo talk!!

Comment

• chhspantherfan
                                                      Special Teams
                                                      • Apr 2015

Well guess what, you get to deal with it over here also. What you don't understand, you will understand after the 29th. I love your passion for your Cali teams, we will see how that is on the 30th.

Comment

• Trojanbacker2
                                                        Special Teams
                                                        • Jul 2015

We appear to be a bit undersized this year.
                                                        You do not have permission to view this gallery.
                                                        This gallery has 1 photos.

Comment

• worldcitizen
                                                          Practice Squad
                                                          • Jul 2015

Does Texas have rules that limit the # of hours of full contact practice or limit # of days of practice before season starts? If so, is it strictly followed? Sorry, I am too lazy to look it up. With so many kids trying out for football at Trinity, what are the options for these kids in the off season who are trying to earn a spot on the team or as a starter? I went to a very small school and the thought of 200-300 kids (the # I read about somewhere) coming out to play football is impressive.

Comment

• Farmer
                                                            All District
                                                            • Apr 2015

Does Texas have rules that limit the # of hours of full contact practice or limit # of days of practice before season starts? If so, is it strictly followed? Sorry, I am too lazy to look it up. With so many kids trying out for football at Trinity, what are the options for these kids in the off season who are trying to earn a spot on the team or as a starter? I went to a very small school and the thought of 200-300 kids (the # I read about somewhere) coming out to play football is impressive.

Comment

• Trojanbacker2
                                                              Special Teams
                                                              • Jul 2015

That's interesting. I've never read that before. Thanks for posting the link.

Comment

Working...