X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Trojanbacker2
    Special Teams
    • Jul 2015

Originally posted by Super B
    Tony just texted me. He stopped by Whataburger and had a #2, Double Meat Whataburger.
    lol. Maybe if he has time, I can take him to eat an actual good hamburger.

Comment

• Farmer
      All District
      • Apr 2015

Prediction time. I'm really looking forward to this game and am glad to see DLS venture into Texas to play this game. Not knowing much about any team my gut is telling me that DLs will have trouble moving the ball consistently against the Trojans. I'm going to go with my gut on this one and say Trinity wins 28-14. I really think the change at OC is going to be a big step up for Trinity and their offense and think
      Brixley is going to be the difference this early in the year while jitters are sti being worked out.

Comment

• ray1301
        Special Teams
        • Aug 2015

ET should see more PA. Passes to the Fullback and TE.

I posted on the National board of my prediction -

ET - 35
        DLS - 21

Comment

• pied
          2nd Team
          • Apr 2015

DLS 37
          Trinity 10

(based on nothing at all)

Comment

• DPaul
            Special Teams
            • Apr 2015

I love yalls predictions except for pied's Going with the win by 1 method. ET 28 DLS 27

Comment

• Farmer
              All District
              • Apr 2015

Originally posted by pied
              DLS 37
              Trinity 10

(based on nothing at all)
              I'll shave my swoop, throw away my sperrys and yell go War Tigers if DLs is able to score 37 on Trinity.
              I may be wrong but I just can't see it

Comment

• Super B
                All District
                • Apr 2015

tonydelasalle151 and his friend John came by my house for a visit today. Then Firefox came by and we spent an hour talking about this game, Texas, California, the housing market here, all kinds of stuff.

Great to meet Tony in person. Really cool down to earth guy.
                Super B

Comment

• Super B
                  All District
                  • Apr 2015

Max Preps Preview
                  Super B

Comment

• svhorns
                    All State
                    • Apr 2015

Comment

• Farmer
                      All District
                      • Apr 2015

I've always appreciated McNabbs work. He was great at the Morning News back in the 90s and I always looked forward to his articles. I've always believed he's been one of the better writers when it comes to HS football in the metroplex. Thanks for sharing that SV

Comment

• svhorns
                        All State
                        • Apr 2015

24-14 DLS.

Comment

• OakTreeOut-n-Up
                          Special Teams
                          • Apr 2015

Originally posted by svhorns
                          24-14 DLS.
                          I think this prediction will be pretty close, i'll go 24-17 DLS just to be different. .

I think Trinity has a very high ceiling this year - there's a lot to like about that roster in the playoffs and I'm a Brixey fan as well. However, I can't shake the huge number of new faces they will be fielding tomorrow night. DLS is a well-oiled machine and will be further along in their execution, I am guessing. I wouldn't be surprised to see Trinity win the majority of the snaps in the game, but 2-3 busts on defense and an untimely turnover on offense do them in. This might be the wrong opponent at the wrong point in the season for this group. The last few OOS games that I've seen Trinity play (Jenks, Union, Bentonville) it seemed like Trinity just didn't perform to their potential, might be shaping my opinion here.

I'll be there pulling for the Trojans.
                          Last edited by OakTreeOut-n-Up; 08-28-2015, 10:52 AM.

Comment

• DPaul
                            Special Teams
                            • Apr 2015

Comment

• norcal_dad
                              Practice Squad
                              • Jul 2015

here we are! Pretty damn excited for what is shaping up to be a REAL high school football game! Old School baby!

Comment

• DPaul
                                Special Teams
                                • Apr 2015

Originally posted by norcal_dad
                                here we are! Pretty damn excited for what is shaping up to be a REAL high school football game! Old School baby!
                                Yessir! If it wasn't for the 25 tv timeouts tonight this game would be over in 2 hours.

Comment

• birddog14
                                  Practice Squad
                                  • Apr 2015

so, here it is game day
                                  I kind of wish kickoff would hurry up and get here, but I am ok with waiting as the temperature will cool off. This game is a huge event for high school football as everyone knows. I wish this game was later in the season or after the playoffs as Trinity has always seemed to start the season off slowly. But it is what it is. So let's square it up and enjoy a great match up. Win or lose I will be there to support my team. This game will give the keyboard warriors plenty to discuss, debate, and argue. No matter the outcome I am a firm believer that high school sports and sports in general teach a young person plenty about life and how to deal with the ups and downs and better prepares them for the rest of their lives. I am thankful that the Trintiy kids are able to experience this, they will remember it for the rest of their lives. I am hoping for a competitive and more importantly injury free game. Big thank you to the other Texas teams for pulling for Trinity tonight (even if it is just one night). Big kudos to any of the DLS fans who traveled for this game, I hope you enjoy your visit and get to see how big Texas High School football is.
                                  http://www.star-telegram.com/sports/...e32667723.html
                                  Coach Jensen - “Football is just the vehicle we have to mold these kids into something beyond graduation.”

Comment

• Trojanbacker2
                                    Special Teams
                                    • Jul 2015

Big boy football coming your way in 4 1/2 hours.......

Comment

• Super B
                                      All District
                                      • Apr 2015

Originally posted by birddog14
                                      “Football is just the vehicle we have to mold these kids into something beyond graduation.”
                                      Great quote from Coach Jensen!
                                      Super B

Comment

• Super B
                                        All District
                                        • Apr 2015

Originally posted by Trojanbacker2
                                        Big boy football coming your way in 4 1/2 hours.......
                                        Something is missing. Where is the famous Trojanbacker2 keys to the game?
                                        Super B

Comment

• sTp
                                          1st Team
                                          • Apr 2015

If this game gets cancelled I think I'm going to eat my own head..

Comment

• Eagle2
                                            All District
                                            • Apr 2015

Originally posted by sTp
                                            If this game gets cancelled I think I'm going to eat my own head..
                                            could see teams on field for warmups around 9-915. If so will be late start that could carry over into morning.

Comment

• Farmer
                                              All District
                                              • Apr 2015

De La Salle is a good football team. Glad you guys came out here for the Texas fans to witness. I wish you guys the best going forward. This was a great football game played by 2 teams who are outstanding. I really enjoyed the last 3 hours. You guys have a safe trip back home. I have nothing but respect for your program.

Comment

• OakTreeOut-n-Up
                                                Special Teams
                                                • Apr 2015

Originally posted by Farmer
                                                De La Salle is a good football team. Glad you guys came out here for the Texas fans to witness. I wish you guys the best going forward. This was a great football game played by 2 teams who are outstanding. I really enjoyed the last 3 hours. You guys have a safe trip back home. I have nothing but respect for your program.
                                                ditto. Super impressed on both sides of the ball. Amazing program.

Comment

• Farmer
                                                  All District
                                                  • Apr 2015

Originally posted by OakTreeOut-n-Up

ditto. Super impressed on both sides of the ball. Amazing program.
                                                  I know you loved the defense played tonight like I did. It was just an all around good football game. Trinity is going to do good things this year. I'm glad that Jensen got his start off with a W tonight.

Comment

• ktCarl
                                                    Special Teams
                                                    • Apr 2015

Originally posted by Farmer

I know you loved the defense played tonight like I did. It was just an all around good football game. Trinity is going to do good things this year. I'm glad that Jensen got his start off with a W tonight.
                                                    Jensen, "Lineweaver who?"

Comment

• Farmer
                                                      All District
                                                      • Apr 2015

Originally posted by ktCarl

Jensen, "Lineweaver who?"
                                                      oh Carl! You're one of a kind.

Comment

• Eagle82
                                                        All District
                                                        • Apr 2015

Thanks to all for making this a fun weekend of Texas High School Football! Great games, folks and food!

Thanks to tonydelasalle151 and DLsSpartanz for letting this Abilene boy sit with you and your friends during the game, experiencing it DLS style. Wow, what a team. Strong, fast, disciplined. Such a privilege to have you all in our great state of Texas!

Enjoyed meeting up with folks I've previously met and meeting new folks as well.

Comment

• Super B
                                                          All District
                                                          • Apr 2015

Both teams could have played better, yet both teams had their moments as well. Both teams will improve during the season and be a difficult out for any playoff team.

Either way it turned out at the end with that last DLS drive, both teams can walk out of the stadium with their heads held high.

It was really good to meet many of you. Tonydelasalle151, DLSSpartanz, Mustangman21, Antoine Custers mom and dad (Custer was the best player on the field tonight). Have a safe trip back to California.
                                                          Super B

Comment

• Farmer
                                                            All District
                                                            • Apr 2015

Originally posted by Super B
                                                            Both teams could have played better, yet both teams had their moments as well. Both teams will improve during the season and be a difficult out for any playoff team.

Either way it turned out at the end with that last DLS drive, both teams can walk out of the stadium with their heads held high.

It was really good to meet many of you. Tonydelasalle151, DLSSpartanz, Mustangman21, Antoine Custers mom and dad (Custer was the best player on the field tonight). Have a safe trip back to California.
                                                            Trinity is going to be special this year. This was s classic gsme! I can't wait to see how well Trinity improves as the season goes on. You guys have a really special team this year

Comment

• ktCarl
                                                              Special Teams
                                                              • Apr 2015

Congrats to Trinity program and fans. I hope DLS goes undefeated through the rest of their games so when anyone across the Nation mentions their great team and season they have to pause and say, "Oh yeah, that Texas team Trinity."

Comment

Working...