X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Eagle82
    All District
    • Apr 2015

Originally posted by SLCbacker

Sounds like perfect scheduling for you. I'll drive back from ATX to meet you on Saturday.
    It's a date!

Comment

• mojotrain
      2nd Team
      • Jun 2015

When Permian plays Corpus Christi Ray again they should play up here. I'm inviting all there fans to go eat the fish stick basket at Dairy Queen, a Texas tradition.

Comment

• Super B
        All District
        • Apr 2015

Originally posted by tonydelasalle151
        I was just kidding when I said I was going to attend trinitys pep rally on friday august 28th . one of the posters on my side of the ball got a little bend out of shape for comments about the odds of me attending the pep rally for trinity .and surviving ??? ... I was indirectly ripped there for not being the de la salle tradition by making a joke .. hope I didn't offend anyone on either side of the ball here .. I broke the Spartan way ethics code oops !!!!! a few years back I got a little heated there in the streets of sf and forgot I was wearing a de la salle Spartan jersey and I was approached by a past player and he tried to reprimand me that

this is not way to conduct yourself in the public ... again oops !!!!!
        Are you saying the "DLS way" is to NOT wear DLS gear out in public? If that is what you mean, I am glad we don't have that rule. I have so may Trinity t-shirts I wear everywhere. Sometimes I go weeks without wearing any other shirt other than at work or to church. Sometimes even then, as I have Trinity polos.
        Super B

Comment

• Super B
          All District
          • Apr 2015

Originally posted by mojotrain
          When Permian plays Corpus Christi Ray again they should play up here. I'm inviting all there fans to go eat the fish stick basket at Dairy Queen, a Texas tradition.
          I really like DQ too. They are from Minnesota though.
          Super B

Comment

• tonydelasalle151
            Special Teams
            • May 2015

they don't look for attention .. like in the movie its so wrong that they were chanting streak streak streak not true .. I was wearing the jersey in a place in sf and had a few pops and a former player came up to me and reminded me we don't do this at dls and I told him he was right but I was never a player just a huge known fan .. dls is not known for bragging what they have done the last 35 years .. im a fan so if I wish to be proud of them im going to do it .. I went to giants / dodger game one time wearing a dls jersey and at least 10-15 people came to me and said something ..should be nothing wrong with that ??

Comment

• Super B
              All District
              • Apr 2015

they don't look for attention .. like in the movie its so wrong that they were chanting streak streak streak not true .. I was wearing the jersey in a place in sf and had a few pops and a former player came up to me and reminded me we don't do this at dls and I told him he was right but I was never a player just a huge known fan .. dls is not known for bragging what they have done the last 35 years .. im a fan so if I wish to be proud of them im going to do it .. I went to giants / dodger game one time wearing a dls jersey and at least 10-15 people came to me and said something ..should be nothing wrong with that ??
              Oh gotcha. Fake humbleness.

I say if you are proud of your team, be proud of your team. If they really don't want people wearing DLS jerseys, t-shirts, hats (whatever), they shouldn't sell them.

However, apparently they do sell those things. I imagine like at so many other schools, proceeds go to support the school in some way. If they want to sell DLS tagged items to support their school, as the buyer, you shouldn't be expected to pay $20 for a t-shirt or whatever, then only be allowed to wear it at games. That's just stupid.
              Super B

Comment

• Eagle82
                All District
                • Apr 2015

Originally posted by Super B

Are you saying the "DLS way" is to NOT wear DLS gear out in public? If that is what you mean, I am glad we don't have that rule. I have so may Trinity t-shirts I wear everywhere. Sometimes I go weeks without wearing any other shirt other than at work or to church. Sometimes even then, as I have Trinity polos.
                I think what he's saying is that it's preferred if you're wearing DLS gear, to act in a manner that would represent the team in a positive way. DLS is well known in the football world and if he and I were to have a feud in public while he was wearing a DLS shirt, others would have the impression that all DLS fans were jerks or something like that. In his instance he got caught by someone who knew him and was probably told to not to act stupid while wearing a DLS shirt because it gives a bad impression on the program. I would do the same if a buddy of mine was wearing AH gear and acted stupid. I would tell him to put on a Cooper shirt and then he could go act stupid!

We can't control what fans do while wearing our gear. How many Abilene fans have had their mug shot taken while wearing gear or picture in the paper in cuffs. I see it and think, gee, Cooper fans are going to ride this one to the end!

Comment

• SLCbacker
                  Special Teams
                  • Apr 2015

Originally posted by Eagle82

It's a date!
                  Let's not get carried away. You know that you are too old for me! I'll see you there though, and maybe even some boulevarding earlier in the day.

Comment

• MGoBlue
                    Practice Squad
                    • May 2015

DLS is going to remind a lot of Texas fans of SLC. I've watched both teams play and they have a lot in common.

Comment

• tonydelasalle151
                      Special Teams
                      • May 2015

I believe eagle 82 describe it the best on what im trying to say there . the jersey I was wearing is not for sale . its the actual jersey they wear .. it was given to me from a former players father the jersey I have was worned by a player that played in the game that lost the streak in 2004 vs Bellevue .. I was proud of the jersey that I had to wear it at a dodger / giants game last year I was approached by many people before and during the game recognizing the team .. I guess I had too many drinks and one of the former players that played back in 2002 amazingly came out of nowhere and I mean out of nowhere reminded me that's not how us dls guys act in public .. oh well... I had a great time that night !!!!

Comment

• Firefox
                        Special Teams
                        • Apr 2015

I believe eagle 82 describe it the best on what im trying to say there . the jersey I was wearing is not for sale . its the actual jersey they wear .. it was given to me from a former players father the jersey I have was worned by a player that played in the game that lost the streak in 2004 vs Bellevue .. I was proud of the jersey that I had to wear it at a dodger / giants game last year I was approached by many people before and during the game recognizing the team .. I guess I had too many drinks and one of the former players that played back in 2002 amazingly came out of nowhere and I mean out of nowhere reminded me that's not how us dls guys act in public .. oh well... I had a great time that night !!!!

I think you explained it pretty well there.

At Trinity there is a code of conduct that we are supposed to abide by. It used to be something that was published on one of the pages of the game program but there's more to it than the written words. It is pretty much a Golden Rule, "do unto others as you would have them do unto you" mentality.

Some of the biggest ways to see it in action was the way Coach Lineweaver would avoid totally embarrassing the opponent on the field. There are several examples of this but one this one stands out:
                        Trinity was playing Irving H. S. and it was clear that we were going to bring home the win. Already leading 50-0, we kicked off with around 2:00 left until half. The Irving players fielding the kickoff was screamed and Trinity recovered the ball on about the 5 yd line. The Irving player left in an ambalance after the play. After a lengthy delay, Lineweaver sent the team out to down the ball on the 5 yd line going in to the half. The second half, he emptied the bench and he asked for the play-clock to run constantly. The final score was 56-7.

Another game was a playoff game against Plano East, winning at the half 50-0, we eventually won 56-20. The second half had 2nd and 3rd string playing.

When the "experts" use stats and scores to determine how good a team is for ranking, our numbers are usually somewhat skewed. I'm sure that's the case for some other programs as well though.

We have a team saying that goes, "If it ain't rough, it ain't right." You might think that it's kinda mean. It is about life though, not football. The real goal at Trinity is to build young men to becoming men of honor and character, not to be the best football team. It's no wonder why Trinity has such a vast amount of players wanting to play.

Once a Trojan, always a Trojan!

Comment

• Super B
                          All District
                          • Apr 2015

Two of my favorite examples was as follows.

Against Shiloh Christian Trinity led 53-20 at halftime. They went on to win by a score of 80-26.

The other was FloMo. Trinity led 55-27 at the half and won that game 88-27.

I joke of course. Sometimes the other team is so awful or in such a mismatch that you just gotta scratch your head.

The amazing thing about those two games. SC was ranked #2 in the country by one poll going in. They salvaged their season by going undefeated the rest of the way and won their state (AR) title.

Flower Mound was a playoff team! That was a round 1 game!
                          Super B

Comment

• tonydelasalle151
                            Special Teams
                            • May 2015

you can tell how good a team is when they are way ahead at half .. many times DLS was ahead like 48-0 at half and that would be the final score .. sounds like trinity and DLS are class schools with great coaches .. just that one night my buddy lured me into his night of fun and got caught wearing the jersey that's all

Comment

• tonydelasalle151
                              Special Teams
                              • May 2015

does anyone know for sure how they are going to do it on august 29th ? Desoto starts at 4 pm.. my question is we buy a separate ticket for that game and then we clear out and we
                              re enter for the trinity dls game ? cause august 3rd they are selling tickets at DLS high school .. thanks guys

Comment

• Super B
                                All District
                                • Apr 2015

does anyone know for sure how they are going to do it on august 29th ? Desoto starts at 4 pm.. my question is we buy a separate ticket for that game and then we clear out and we

re enter for the trinity dls game ?
                                cause august 3rd they are selling tickets at DLS high school .. thanks guys
                                That's what I assume. Don't know for sure. No one does.
                                Super B

Comment

• sTp
                                  1st Team
                                  • Apr 2015

does anyone know for sure how they are going to do it on august 29th ? Desoto starts at 4 pm.. my question is we buy a separate ticket for that game and then we clear out and we re enter for the trinity dls game ? cause august 3rd they are selling tickets at DLS high school .. thanks guys
                                  I'm assuming one ticket gets you into both games..

Comment

• Comanche
                                    Practice Squad
                                    • Apr 2015

Its going to be a mess if they have to clear out the stadium between games!

Comment

• Super B
                                      All District
                                      • Apr 2015

Originally posted by Comanche
                                      Its going to be a mess if they have to clear out the stadium between games!
                                      Yep.
                                      Super B

Comment

• tonydelasalle151
                                        Special Teams
                                        • May 2015

its been confirmed by an employee at Vernon newsome stadium and the guy that is running the event ( mr white ) that they will not be clearing out anyone after the Desoto game . bottom line your ticket that you buy for any of the two games is good for both games .. if you wish to get a good seat just come early for the first game .. they said whoever is the home team will have those 500 green seats that are much better than the road side seats ( benches ) they said they will give or sell from all 4 schools and the rest will be sold that day .. hope this post helps and gee I hope im not wrong or I got wrong info that's what I was told

Comment

• Trojanbacker2
                                          Special Teams
                                          • Jul 2015

its been confirmed by an employee at Vernon newsome stadium and the guy that is running the event ( mr white ) that they will not be clearing out anyone after the Desoto game . bottom line your ticket that you buy for any of the two games is good for both games .. if you wish to get a good seat just come early for the first game .. they said whoever is the home team will have those 500 green seats that are much better than the road side seats ( benches ) they said they will give or sell from all 4 schools and the rest will be sold that day .. hope this post helps and gee I hope im not wrong or I got wrong info that's what I was told
                                          If it is a typical day in August in Texas, I suspect that the heat will clear much of the stadium. Only the most diehard fans will sit seven hours in that heat.

Comment

• Trojanbacker2
                                            Special Teams
                                            • Jul 2015

whats great about this traveling is I get that opportunity to try a Whataburger hambuger
                                            In my opinion it is one of the better mass-produced, chain burgers in Texas. If they offered some leaner choices of meat, I'd eat there occasionally.

Comment

• tonydelasalle151
                                              Special Teams
                                              • May 2015

i guess the cowboys are lucky to play inside the dome there .. its not the temperature its the humidty that's going to kill us here ? i am a die hard but i got a feeling i will go for some shade during
                                              the Desoto game . thanks always for your intake man i appreciate it ...

Comment

• Super B
                                                All District
                                                • Apr 2015

i guess the cowboys are lucky to play inside the dome there .. its not the temperature its the humidty that's going to kill us here ? i am a die hard but i got a feeling i will go for some shade during

Drink lots of water. Perhaps even Gatorade.
                                                Super B

Comment

• Eagle82
                                                  All District
                                                  • Apr 2015

Has anyone talked about a get together before the games?

Us Texas folks need to welcome our friends from the CA Texas style!

Comment

• Super B
                                                    All District
                                                    • Apr 2015

Originally posted by Eagle82
                                                    Has anyone talked about a get together before the games?

Us Texas folks need to welcome our friends from the CA Texas style!
                                                    Yeah we have. We plan to.
                                                    Super B

Comment

• sTp
                                                      1st Team
                                                      • Apr 2015

I know Whataburger has been talked about quite a bit, but that's just one meal.. No doubt Tony and the entourage will be here for more than one day, someone needs to point Tony and friends to a good Texas BBQ joint up there in the DFW.. Just my humble suggestion.. Or bring some to a tailgate or sumtin..

Comment

• Trojanbacker2
                                                        Special Teams
                                                        • Jul 2015

I'm in my 60's and have lived in Texas my entire life. I spend a lot of my time in the field for work and generally do ok with the heat/humidity. As Super B and everyone else has said, hydrating is the key; and start before you get there. The thing that will make it hard for us spectators will be just sitting there for hours getting hit by that sun late in the afternoon when it's the hottest. On aluminum seats, no less (actually, I have no idea what the seats are like there. Just guessing.). I admire those who will stay for both games, but that's beyond what I'm willing to do. I'll be there as early as they allow entry for the Trinity game and grab a decent seat. Even though "seat panic" always sets in for these big games, there are always seats for those willing to get there a little early and I've never been turned away because the stadium is full.

Comment

• Admin
                                                          TX HS Football Talk
                                                          • Mar 2015

TXHSFB Talk would strongly consider hosting a get together at a local venue or if tailgating is allowed at the stadium, cater a meal.

Comment

• BevoBo
                                                            Special Teams
                                                            • Apr 2015

Originally posted by Admin
                                                            TXHSFB Talk would strongly consider hosting a get together at a local venue or if tailgating is allowed at the stadium, cater a meal.

I like this idea!

Comment

• Super B
                                                              All District
                                                              • Apr 2015

Originally posted by Admin
                                                              I say inside somewhere before the Trinity-DLS game. It's going to be hot enough outside for several hours we are there.
                                                              Super B

Comment

Working...