Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • tonydelasalle151
    Special Teams
    • May 2015

whats great about this traveling is I get that opportunity to try a Whataburger hambuger

Comment

• Super B
      All District
      • Apr 2015

Originally posted by tonydelasalle151
      sorry super B I had to rip king cochino on the dls board calling de la salle over rated .
      I'll go check it out.
      Super B

Comment

• Super B
        All District
        • Apr 2015

whats great about this traveling is I get that opportunity to try a Whataburger hambuger
        For you that will probably end up being the best part of your trip. #TZup #TXHSFB
        Super B

Comment

• some eagle fan
          Special Teams
          • Apr 2015

I hope you can make the trip. FYI- My favorite is the bacon double cheeseburger with grilled onions, grilled jalapeños, extra tomatoes, and jalapeño ranch sauce.

Comment

• tonydelasalle151
            Special Teams
            • May 2015

thanks for the tip on what to get at whataburgerrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr listen man its getting pretty ugly over on spartanhood I had to slam that cp guy ... I didn't say anything bad toward trinity
            or the top schools in the dallas area just aledo that was it ... my apology if i offended anyone

Comment

• tonydelasalle151
              Special Teams
              • May 2015

just trying to get out of practice squad status .. how many more posts do I need ?

Comment

• tonydelasalle151
                Special Teams
                • May 2015

gee I think the JFK site and the pep rally may beat out the Whataburger lunch ??

Comment

• Super B
                  All District
                  • Apr 2015

gee I think the JFK site and the pep rally may beat out the Whataburger lunch ??

You will enjoy Whataburger though. Here is an article I found.

Super B

Comment

• Super B
                    All District
                    • Apr 2015

Originally posted by some eagle fan

I hope you can make the trip. FYI- My favorite is the bacon double cheeseburger with grilled onions, grilled jalapeños, extra tomatoes, and jalapeño ranch sauce.

This is one example, but...

There are currently 36,864 different ways to enjoy a Whataburger.
                    Super B

Comment

• OakTreeOut-n-Up
                      Special Teams
                      • Apr 2015

You guys are putting way too much hype into the Whataburger. It's a damn good burger but there's no way, after this, that he's walking away anything less than mildly disappointed.

Comment

• sTp
                        1st Team
                        • Apr 2015

I agree it doesn't need to be over hyped. They do make a good burger, but is it be the best gourmet burger on the planet? Likely not. But it is a Texas tradition, probably similar to their In-N-Out in California. I love Whataburger, and the fries and ketchup are darn near addictive.

So Tony when you go in, keep in mind that it is a chain restaurant, and hopefully when you walk out you'll be satisfied.

Comment

• BevoBo
                          Special Teams
                          • Apr 2015

Originally posted by OakTreeOut-n-Up
                          You guys are putting way too much hype into the Whataburger. It's a damn good burger but there's no way, after this, that he's walking away anything less than mildly disappointed.
                          I agree, the hype is definitely exceeding the actual burger itself. It's a good burger and a Texas tradition. No more, no less.

Comment

• Super B
                            All District
                            • Apr 2015

No one is trying to elevate Whataburger. It is not a Gourmet burger. It's a fast food burger with a drive thru that is a large chain in several states. For what it is, it can't be beat IMO.
                            Super B

Comment

• tonydelasalle151
                              Special Teams
                              • May 2015

thanks for the article of Whataburger .. its looks real good .. im ordering a # 2 .. man it looks like it may be better than IN and OUT burger ? im going to look it up now wher the nearest
                              Whataburger is in Arlington ...that redneck heaven place may check that out also lol .. for sure I am not going to wear any DLS gear in there .. liable to get the snot kicked out of me in that joint for sure

Comment

• svhorns
                                All State
                                • Apr 2015

Id much rather have a five guys burger than Whataburger. Never been a fan of Whataburger. Their Ketchup cant be beat though. Shake Shack also has some good burgers.

Comment

• Super B
                                  All District
                                  • Apr 2015

[ATTACH=CONFIG]n4886[/ATTACH] [ATTACH=CONFIG]n4882[/ATTACH] [ATTACH=CONFIG]n4883[/ATTACH]
                                  I stopped by the Whataburger I'm Whitesboro, TX for dinner tonight and tried the new *Sweet and Spicy Bacon Burger.

It comes on a whole wheat bun with two quarter pound patties, sweet and spicy pepper sauce on one side, +mustard on the other side. Bacon, grilled onions, pepper jack and american cheese. It was quite delicious. The sauce was of course sweet, but with a lingering spiciness to it.

I realized about half way in that the sauce was a bit spicier than I had anticipated. Nevertheless I concurred this bad boy burger.

*Available for a limited time at participating locations.
                                  +I ordered mine with Mayo instead of mustard.
                                  Attached Files
                                  You do not have permission to view this gallery.
                                  This gallery has 4 photos.
                                  Last edited by Super B; 07-08-2015, 09:59 PM.
                                  Super B

Comment

• Super B
                                    All District
                                    • Apr 2015

For some reason the pictures loaded backwards.
                                    Super B

Comment

• tonydelasalle151
                                      Special Teams
                                      • May 2015

thanks for the pictures

Comment

• SLCbacker
                                        Special Teams
                                        • Apr 2015

Originally posted by Eagle82

Saturday, that's great!

SMU/Baylor Friday night.
                                        Haven't seen the AH schedule but their game should be Friday night at Colleyville Heritage.

Will spend the night in the metro and venture over the Mansfield the following evening.

Sounds like perfect scheduling for you. I'll drive back from ATX to meet you on Saturday.

Comment

• MGoBlue
                                          Practice Squad
                                          • May 2015

Originally posted by OakTreeOut-n-Up

I wouldn't walk across the street for Whataburger if I has starving to death. I haven't found a good burger or pizza joint in the N. Fort Worth/Dallas area and the only reason Texans like Whataburger is because it's all they know and have in Texas. Five Guys is as good as it gets and if you wan't something similar to In-N-Out then Johnny B's in Southlake.

Coming from the Bay area most DLS fans will be disappointed with the food options in the DFW area. And from my experience Texas is all about chain restaurants and not mom-and-pops.

Comment

• Super B
                                            All District
                                            • Apr 2015

Originally posted by MGoBlue

I wouldn't walk across the street for Whataburger if I has starving to death. I haven't found a good burger or pizza joint in the N. Fort Worth/Dallas area and the only reason Texans like Whataburger is because it's all they know and have in Texas. Five Guys is as good as it gets and if you wan't something similar to In-N-Out then Johnny B's in Southlake.

Coming from the Bay area most DLS fans will be disappointed with the food options in the DFW area. And from my experience Texas is all about chain restaurants and not mom-and-pops.

There is plenty of Ma and Pops restaurants here.

Whataburger is fast food plain and simple. It's "competitors" are McD's, Wendy's, J-In-the B, Burger King, Burger Street, Burger Box, Hardee's, Carl's Jr., Braum's In-N-Out, Sonic, and others. These are PURE fast food establishments. Five Guys, MooYah, Chop House, Kincaid's etc... are gourmet burger places. I'm glad you like them, but I have never claimed Whataburger was in that category. The constant comparison you and others are making Whataburger vs. those non fast food burger places is misplaced.

if you don't like Whataburger, you weren't born and raised in Texas or something. Heck, I don't know. I prefer Whataburger to any of those others. To each his own. Whataburger is a Texas institution. None of the above are.
                                            Super B

Comment

• OakTreeOut-n-Up
                                              Special Teams
                                              • Apr 2015

Originally posted by MGoBlue
                                              I haven't found a good burger or pizza joint in the N. Fort Worth/Dallas area
                                              Not exactly close by, but give the Rodeo Goat in FW a shot if you haven't yet. Good burgers, fries, and craft beer.

Comment

• mojotrain
                                                2nd Team
                                                • Jun 2015

I'll try this one more time. The West coast lads have nothing, absolutely nothing like "Babes". If you can't offer them something different you can't, you won't, impress them with anything other than a huge crowd following. Insure that they go back with at least two WOW's to tell the folks back home. A debate about hamburgers must have them in in giggles by now.

Comment

• svhorns
                                                  All State
                                                  • Apr 2015

Originally posted by Super B

There is plenty of Ma and Pops restaurants here.

Whataburger is fast food plain and simple. It's "competitors" are McD's, Wendy's, J-In-the B, Burger King, Burger Street, Burger Box, Hardee's, Carl's Jr., Braum's In-N-Out, Sonic, and others. These are PURE fast food establishments. Five Guys, MooYah, Chop House, Kincaid's etc... are gourmet burger places. I'm glad you like them, but I have never claimed Whataburger was in that category. The constant comparison you and others are making Whataburger vs. those non fast food burger places is misplaced.

if you don't like Whataburger, you weren't born and raised in Texas or something. Heck, I don't know. I prefer Whataburger to any of those others. To each his own. Whataburger is a Texas institution. None of the above are.

What the hell? Five guys is fast food without a drive thru. Just because it doesnt want a mickey d or burger king feel it doesnt discount the fact that its fast food. Five guys is just like Shake Shack who promotes themselves as fast food. Gourmet burgers are more like HopDoddy in Austin or Chris Madrids in San Antonio. So your only proving the point that GoBlue is stating that DFdub has no idea about burgers

Last edited by svhorns; 07-10-2015, 01:27 PM.

Comment

• svhorns
                                                    All State
                                                    • Apr 2015

To be more specific fivr guys is considered a fast casual restaurant. Meaning it is a fast food joint with a casual dining setting.

Comment

• mojotrain
                                                      2nd Team
                                                      • Jun 2015

Think I'll just drive to the D/FW area and buy a burger. Do all these places offer tomatoes ?

Comment

• Super B
                                                        All District
                                                        • Apr 2015

Originally posted by svhorns
                                                        To be more specific fivr guys is considered a fast casual restaurant. Meaning it is a fast food joint with a casual dining setting.
                                                        Still not fast food.
                                                        Super B

Comment

• svhorns
                                                          All State
                                                          • Apr 2015

Originally posted by Super B

Still not fast food.

ok super B you're right like always. Even though it's fast food as stated by other publications and websites, you're still right. I don't even know why I try to inform you about crap when you're always right. Please let me know what lottery numbers to choose and which teams to bet on because you're always right. If I was right as much as you I'd be living a lavish lifestyle in Euless instead of crappy Miami. You're so right you probably don't even know what left is. I bow to you and your almighty knowledge of everything that is in existence. I'm not even sure why the Internet was invented when we have Super B to tell us everything. Instead of the age of information we should just call it the age of Super B. I don't think I'm even worthy of being right handed because that seems like a form of disrespect towards you and your consistent rightness.

Comment

• sTp
                                                            1st Team
                                                            • Apr 2015

Originally posted by svhorns
                                                            You're so right you probably don't even know what left is.
                                                            Don't want to jump in the middle of an argument, nor promote or encourage it, BUT..

When I read the bolded I freakin' lost it..

Comment

• tonydelasalle151
                                                              Special Teams
                                                              • May 2015

I was just kidding when I said I was going to attend trinitys pep rally on friday august 28th . one of the posters on my side of the ball got a little bend out of shape for comments about the odds of me attending the pep rally for trinity .and surviving ??? ... I was indirectly ripped there for not being the de la salle tradition by making a joke .. hope I didn't offend anyone on either side of the ball here .. I broke the Spartan way ethics code oops !!!!! a few years back I got a little heated there in the streets of sf and forgot I was wearing a de la salle Spartan jersey and I was approached by a past player and he tried to reprimand me that
                                                              this is not way to conduct yourself in the public ... again oops !!!!!

Comment

Working...