X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • BevoBo
    Special Teams
    • Apr 2015

Originally posted by Super B
    So now I am hearing that due to the small size of the stadium, they are wanting to clear the stadium after the eSoto vs. Martin game. ESPN and others involved are trying to work out the logistics.
    So, now I go back, what was the point of adding a 2nd game? Again, we could have just had this game at Pennington.
    So that probably means we(Trinity fans), can't get in early if they are clearing the game before ours. I was hoping to catch the second half of the DeSoto/Martin game. I vote for a one game Trinity vs. DLS at Pennington. Of course thats always been my preference.

Comment

• Super B
      All District
      • Apr 2015

Originally posted by BevoBo

So that probably means we(Trinity fans), can't get in early if they are clearing the game before ours. I was hoping to catch the second half of the DeSoto/Martin game. I vote for a one game Trinity vs. DLS at Pennington. Of course thats always been my preference.
      True, unless of course you buy a ticket to that game, AND the Trinity game, but you'd have to leave the stadium and go stand in line to get into the 2nd game.
      Super B

Comment

• pied
        2nd Team
        • Apr 2015

Remeniscent of Javorski Lane.
        or Robert Lolohea?

Comment

• Super B
          All District
          • Apr 2015

Originally posted by pied

or Robert Lolohea?
          Indeed.
          Super B

Comment

• Eagle82
            All District
            • Apr 2015

Finally watched the DLS movie the other night. Interesting. 151 games is quite a feat, even against sub-par competition though I am not saying all their competition was sub-par. The scene where the district coaches were meeting and called DLS out on their recruiting. Can imagine if that happened during one of Allen's district meetings!

Comment

• Super B
              All District
              • Apr 2015

Mostly subpar.

I haven't seen the film.
              Super B

Comment

• Farmer
                All District
                • Apr 2015

Originally posted by Eagle82
                Finally watched the DLS movie the other night. Interesting. 151 games is quite a feat, even against sub-par competition though I am not saying all their competition was sub-par. The scene where the district coaches were meeting and called DLS out on their recruiting. Can imagine if that happened during one of Allen's district meetings!
                Eventually enough becomes enough and i wouldn't be too shocked if some future DEC meetings are a little more spirited than they have been when it comes to Allen. While they may not be accused of recruiting I'm sure some questions will be asked going forward.
                Then again it just may continue to be like it is now and is nothing is dine

Comment

• Super B
                  All District
                  • Apr 2015

DLS players and coach talking about their game in Texas.

Sweeney talks about how they have played a few teams "from down there", referring to St. Thomas Aquinas. SMH *roll eyes
                  Super B

Comment

• Farmer
                    All District
                    • Apr 2015

Mostly subpar.

I haven't seen the film.
                    Mostly subpar applies to a lot of teams not just de la salle. DLS 151 game winning streak is the most impressive thing ever accomplished in the history of HS football and or team sports for that matter

Comment

• Farmer
                      All District
                      • Apr 2015

DLS players and coach talking about their game in Texas.

Sweeney talks about how they have played a few teams "from down there", referring to St. Thomas Aquinas. SMH *roll eyes
                      Pretty clear when he says down there he is referring to the south in general.

Comment

• Pepper Brooks
                        Practice Squad
                        • May 2015

By Ryan Osborne

rosborne@star-telegram.com

If you’re planning ahead for the high school football season, Mansfield’s Newsom Stadium isn’t a bad place to start.
                        Euless Trinity will play West Coast powerhouse Concord De La Salle Aug. 29 at 8 p.m. at Newsom, a season opener that will follow Arlington Martin and DeSoto’s 4 p.m. kickoff, Hurst-Euless-Bedford athletic director Mike Fielder said Wednesday.

Read article www.dfw.com/2015/05/06/993223/euless-trinity-and-de-la-salle.html

Comment

• Super B
                          All District
                          • Apr 2015

Two good games. I wonder if they will require the stadium to be cleared. I wouldn't mind going to both, but I'm not buying to sets of tickets. If I knew for sure enough DeSoto and Martin people would clear out, I would have problem with it. I'm sure they would root for Trinity.

One of the issues is, which of those teams will be on the home side? I think Martin. A Martin crowd seems more likely to me to stay. Either way, they would surely need to go across to the other side to make room for Trinity fans. I can't see very many people packing up and walking to the other side. They would likely just walk out to their cars.
                          Super B

Comment

• tonydelasalle151
                            Special Teams
                            • May 2015

I FINALLY WAS ABLE TO POST HERE .. THE COMMENTS THAT ARE ON HERE ABOUT SUBPAR OPPONENTS .. YOU HAVE TO REMEMBER THIS FAMOUS STREAK THAT EVRYONE TALKS ABOUT ( EXCEPT DLS ) 151 IN A ROW . WAS DONE FROM 1992-2003 12 YEARS .. AT THAT TIME HIGH SCHOOL FOOTBALL AROUND THE NATION WAS NOT TRAVELING AROUND THE NATION LIKE THEY ARE NOW.... SO DLS PLAYED THE SCHEDULE THAT WAS GIVEN TO THEM .. AND PLEASE ABOUT THE MOVIE .. LEAVE IT UP TO HOLLYWOOD TO MESS UP THE TIME LINE OF HOW IT REALLY HAPPEN AT DLS .... # 1 THEY DIDNT PLAY LONG BEACH POLY AFTER THE STREAK THEY PLAYED THEM DURING THE STREAK.. GAME # 117 . THERE WAS NOBODY CHANTING STREAK STREAK STREAK .. IN MOVIE THEY ARE DOING THAT .. THERE WAS NO FATHER INSISTING THAT HIS SON BREAK THE RECORD .. JUST A BUNCH OF HOG WASH ... TERRANCE KELLY WAS KILLED AUG 12 TH 2004 3 WEEKS LATER THEY ARE UP IN SEATTLE FOR THE GAME WITH BELLEVUE... THERE WAS MANY OTHER TIMELINE MISTAKES BUT THE BOTTOM LINE IS DE LA SALLE WENT 12-0 DURING THE STREAK VS LOS ANGELES OPPONENTS .. THE FUNNY THING IS THE TEAM AND COACHES NEVER BRAG ABOUT THIS STREAK ITS GUYS LIKE ME AND THE MEDIA THAT DO ( LOL ) OK IM BACK ON THE RIGHT BOARD NOW

Comment

• tonydelasalle151
                              Special Teams
                              • May 2015

SORRY FOR THE LARGE CASE HERE SMALL CASE THE LETTERS ARE SO SMALL .. JUST CURIOUS WHAT IS TRINITYS OUT OF STATE RECORD ?

Comment

• sTp
                                1st Team
                                • Apr 2015

Originally posted by tonydelasalle151
                                I FINALLY WAS ABLE TO POST HERE .. THE COMMENTS THAT ARE ON HERE ABOUT SUBPAR OPPONENTS .. YOU HAVE TO REMEMBER THIS FAMOUS STREAK THAT EVRYONE TALKS ABOUT ( EXCEPT DLS ) 151 IN A ROW . WAS DONE FROM 1992-2003 12 YEARS .. AT THAT TIME HIGH SCHOOL FOOTBALL AROUND THE NATION WAS NOT TRAVELING AROUND THE NATION LIKE THEY ARE NOW.... SO DLS PLAYED THE SCHEDULE THAT WAS GIVEN TO THEM .. AND PLEASE ABOUT THE MOVIE .. LEAVE IT UP TO HOLLYWOOD TO MESS UP THE TIME LINE OF HOW IT REALLY HAPPEN AT DLS .... # 1 THEY DIDNT PLAY LONG BEACH POLY AFTER THE STREAK THEY PLAYED THEM DURING THE STREAK.. GAME # 117 . THERE WAS NOBODY CHANTING STREAK STREAK STREAK .. IN MOVIE THEY ARE DOING THAT .. THERE WAS NO FATHER INSISTING THAT HIS SON BREAK THE RECORD .. JUST A BUNCH OF HOG WASH ... TERRANCE KELLY WAS KILLED AUG 12 TH 2004 3 WEEKS LATER THEY ARE UP IN SEATTLE FOR THE GAME WITH BELLEVUE... THERE WAS MANY OTHER TIMELINE MISTAKES BUT THE BOTTOM LINE IS DE LA SALLE WENT 12-0 DURING THE STREAK VS LOS ANGELES OPPONENTS .. THE FUNNY THING IS THE TEAM AND COACHES NEVER BRAG ABOUT THIS STREAK ITS GUYS LIKE ME AND THE MEDIA THAT DO ( LOL ) OK IM BACK ON THE RIGHT BOARD NOW
                                Please step away from the caps-lock button..

Seriously, welcome to the board, and thanks for giving us a little insight into the Del La Salle program.. I'm excited as heck about this match-up and I don't have a dog in the hunt..

Comment

• svhorns
                                  All State
                                  • Apr 2015

Tony is just making sure we hear him yelling from California.

Comment

• Farmer
                                    All District
                                    • Apr 2015

SORRY FOR THE LARGE CASE HERE SMALL CASE THE LETTERS ARE SO SMALL .. JUST CURIOUS WHAT IS TRINITYS OUT OF STATE RECORD ?
                                    Welcome tony!

As for Trinitys out of state record they have beat John Curtis, Bingham out of Utah, Shiloah Christian and Bentonville from Arkansas, ECA and Tulsa Union while losing at Bellevue and then at home against Jenks, OK

Comment

• tonydelasalle151
                                      Special Teams
                                      • May 2015

ok im not really yelling this is what small caps looks like ... ok thanks for the welcome .. de la salle is 6-5 out of state opponents bad loses don bosco prep twice ( blew the first game ) st Thomas Aquinas
                                      Bellevue .... they did beat a very good bishop Gorman team in 2010 .. 28-14 ...evangel Christian 27-10 in 2003 during the streak ... they did wallop an ok byrnes team last year and they have a very good record
                                      vs los angeles teams mater dei 4-0 ... long beach poly 2-0 .... against all good teams in LA there record is 21-5 those are better than sub par teams ... if you go strickly on ratings texas teams are better than California .. but we all don't know until, we play this historical game on august 29th .. im excitied and really hope to meet some of you guys on here especially super b ..

Comment

• tonydelasalle151
                                        Special Teams
                                        • May 2015

and im upset im back to being on the practice squad .. hey anyone going to go to that allen game the night before on the 28th at that 119 million dollar faciltity ? I keep thinking about the 100 degree weather

Comment

• sTp
                                          1st Team
                                          • Apr 2015

and im upset im back to being on the practice squad .. hey anyone going to go to that allen game the night before on the 28th at that 119 million dollar faciltity ? I keep thinking about the 100 degree weather
                                          Don't sweat the new board ranking system, just post and have fun. Not taking anything away from the other board, but I think you will find this one to be quite a bit more laid back and fun..

As far as the Allen game, I can't remember off the top of my head if the Del La Salle/Trinity game happens the same weekend as the Allen/Denton Guyer game, but if so, I would highly recommend catching that game as well, should be a good one..

As far as the 100 degree heat, thongs are customary garb at the hot games.. no one will ever notice..

Comment

• Eagle82
                                            All District
                                            • Apr 2015

Now Tony, this isn't Allen where you can move in and expect to be a starter on day 1! haha

No disrespect when I used the words sub-par. Lord knows Abilene has played many sub-par teams during the past 10 years and have lost to some. 151 in a row, year after year with everyone gunning for you, simply amazing!

I am sure Mojo fans can relate about how Hollywood strays outside actual events.

Comment

• Super B
                                              All District
                                              • Apr 2015

SORRY, I NEVER SAW THE MOVIE!!!
                                              Super B

Comment

• Super B
                                                All District
                                                • Apr 2015

About the 100 degrees. Once the consistent 100 degrees starts, it takes about a week or so to get reacclimated. Oh, guess that won't help you. Oh well. you'll be fine.
                                                Super B

Comment

• Super B
                                                  All District
                                                  • Apr 2015

Originally posted by sTp

Don't sweat the new board ranking system, just post and have fun. Not taking anything away from the other board, but I think you will find this one to be quite a bit more laid back and fun..

As far as the Allen game, I can't remember off the top of my head if the Del La Salle/Trinity game happens the same weekend as the Allen/Denton Guyer game, but if so, I would highly recommend catching that game as well, should be a good one..

As far as the 100 degree heat, thongs are customary garb at the hot games.. no one will ever notice..

Yep, same weekend. Allen-Guyer on Friday night, Trinity-DLS on Saturday night.

I haven't been to a game at the Crackhouse yet either. I'm sure I will at some point, maybe even that game, if. I can get tickets. Actually, it's hard for me, because I never know what time I'll be done with work on Friday. Hard to plan.
                                                  Super B

Comment

• Farmer
                                                    All District
                                                    • Apr 2015

Tony,

Take in the game in Allen if you get the chance. Last year we were lucky and had a relatively cool summer for Texas standards so maybe you will only have to suffer through the 90-95 degree weather instead.

Guyer is one of the few teams who can match up with the physical nature of the Allen lines and give them a push back. Guyer will have one of the best players in the state as a QB and will be fun to watch. You will enjoy the atmosphere as Allen always had a large, passionate crowd that does support their program in droves. Give yoursf plenty of time to get to that side of the metroplex on a Friday afternoon as traffic can be a nightmare getting up there

Comment

• Farmer
                                                      All District
                                                      • Apr 2015

About the 100 degrees. Once the consistent 100 degrees starts, it takes about a week or so to get reacclimated. Oh, guess that won't help you. Oh well. you'll be fine.
                                                      I'm holding out hope for a summer like last year. What did we have, like 10 days of 100 degree weather last year? It was a very pleasant summer for us

Comment

• Super B
                                                        All District
                                                        • Apr 2015

Originally posted by Farmer

Tony,

Take in the game in Allen if you get the chance. Last year we were lucky and had a relatively cool summer for Texas standards so maybe you will only have to suffer through the 90-95 degree weather instead.

Guyer is one of the few teams who can match up with the physical nature of the Allen lines and give them a push back. Guyer will have one of the best players in the state as a QB and will be fun to watch. You will enjoy the atmosphere as Allen always had a large, passionate crowd that does support their program in droves. Give yoursf plenty of time to get to that side of the metroplex on a Friday afternoon as traffic can be a nightmare getting up there
                                                        Take Sam Rayburn Tollway.
                                                        Super B

Comment

• Super B
                                                          All District
                                                          • Apr 2015

I'm holding out hope for a summer like last year. What did we have, like 10 days of 100 degree weather last year? It was a very pleasant summer for us
                                                          After all the rain, I wonder if it will be a very humid summer. Already pretty humid the last few days.
                                                          Super B

Comment

• Farmer
                                                            All District
                                                            • Apr 2015

Take Sam Rayburn Tollway.
                                                            Depending on where he is staying Sam Rayburn might not be an option but even if it is it backs up at the 121 merge in Lewisville aroun 4:30 with all the construction going o over there

Comment

• svhorns
                                                              All State
                                                              • Apr 2015

Tony,

Guyer is going to beat Allen mark it down.

Comment

Working...