X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • svhorns
    All State
    • Apr 2015

Originally posted by CHill

Sure is, here's his stats after week one, Boxscore. Seventeen yards rushing probably won't get you any awards, welcome to the Hill where the carries are split up among 3 or 4 RBs and has been for years.
    4 catches 43 yards receiving and a TD to go along with his rushing yards. For someone who has been in the system for 1 summer, not to shabby. He's still the most complete back on the team without a doubt.

Comment

• CHill
      1st Team
      • Apr 2015

Originally posted by svhorns

4 catches 43 yards receiving and a TD to go along with his rushing yards. For someone who has been in the system for 1 summer, not to shabby. He's still the most complete back on the team without a doubt.

The BF has him and #21 then when #28 returns in two weeks he will pick-up some of his carries, big expectations for RW from the coaching staff. He might have the best hands coming out of the BF and can see them using him in the passing game and he did have TD on the ground call back and score on the next play on the reception down the sidelines. He's a good player and will help the team, but the offense centers around the QB and the run reads he makes on the running game. The QB will be the team's leading rusher this season and the HC said, the offense goes as far AD goes. Then the best and the highest recruited RB/WR, #3 Jaylon Jackson returns mid-season and will play out of the BF and slot and is a returning starter from last year. A lot of backs (depth) and they all are juniors.

Comment

• svhorns
        All State
        • Apr 2015

The BF has him and #21 then when #28 returns in two weeks he will pick-up some of his carries, big expectations for RW from the coaching staff. He might have the best hands coming out of the BF and can see them using him in the passing game and he did have TD on the ground call back and score on the next play on the reception down the sidelines. He's a good player and will help the team, but the offense centers around the QB and the run reads he makes on the running game. The QB will be the team's leading rusher this season and the HC said, the offense goes as far AD goes. Then the best and the highest recruited RB/WR, #3 Jaylon Jackson returns mid-season and will play out of the BF and slot and is a returning starter from last year. A lot of backs (depth) and they all are juniors.
        Jaylon Jackson is a great player and if he does end up playing RB after coming off his serious injury then he's taking a risk IMO. Most if not all colleges are recruiting JJ at WR. If I were JJ I would stick to WR if he wants to lessen the risk of the same injury. More cuts playing RB position. His most important goal in life right now is getting a school at the next level to pay for his education, hard to achieve that if you're seriously injured. I don't know how he is academically but for most of these kids football is their way too free schooling.

I would agree JJ is more athletic than KW but KW is a future RB at the next level where JJ is a WR.

Comment

• CHill
          1st Team
          • Apr 2015

Originally posted by svhorns

Jaylon Jackson is a great player and if he does end up playing RB after coming off his serious injury then he's taking a risk IMO. Most if not all colleges are recruiting JJ at WR. If I were JJ I would stick to WR if he wants to lessen the risk of the same injury. More cuts playing RB position. His most important goal in life right now is getting a school at the next level to pay for his education, hard to achieve that if you're seriously injured. I don't know how he is academically but for most of these kids football is their way too free schooling.

I would agree JJ is more athletic than KW but KW is a future RB at the next level where JJ is a WR.

JJ is a 3.5 GPA and is the third Jackson brother to play in the program. His brother Bobby was the RB in 2012 SC game and their older brother play on the 06 SC team. I agree that he should play more out of the slot base on the knee injury. I'm more excited to see RW in a couple weeks, you don't get the jersey #28 or #18 here by chance. That's why #18 has been retired for this season and made not ever see that jersey # again.

Comment

• Eagle2
            All District
            • Apr 2015

JJ is a 3.5 GPA and is the third Jackson brother to play in the program. His brother Bobby was the RB in 2012 SC game and their older brother play on the 06 SC team. I agree that he should play more out of the slot base on the knee injury. I'm more excited to see RW in a couple weeks, you don't get the jersey #28 or #18 here by chance. That's why #18 has been retired for this season and made not ever see that jersey # again.
            Most definitely.Same here.

Comment

Working...
            😀
            😂
            🥰
            😘
            🤢
            😎
            😞
            😡
            👍