• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • JagFan
    1st Team
    • Apr 2015

Stephenville star RB transferring to Cedar Hill

Mom will be a teacher at Cedar Hill.

Stephenville all-purpose back Kaegun Williams is set to transfer to back-to-back state champs Cedar Hill, according to Cedar Hill coach Joey McGuire.
    Williams’ mother, a teacher, is in the final stages of the hiring process at Cedar Hill ISD. Her hire is expected to be finalized in the next few days.
    “We’re fired up,” McGuire said.

• chhspantherfan
    Special Teams
    • Apr 2015

What? Allen isn't hiring?

Comment

• Farmer
      All District
      • Apr 2015

It's just a free for all in Texas.
      Texas isn't any different than other states when it comes to this stuff. Go Allen I mean Texas

Comment

• BevoBo
        Special Teams
        • Apr 2015

Originally posted by Farmer
        It's just a free for all in Texas.
        Texas isn't any different than other states when it comes to this stuff. Go Allen I mean Texas

Well, on the surface it seems as legit as it comes when a parent takes a job with school district, but who knows.

Comment

• Farmer
          All District
          • Apr 2015

Originally posted by BevoBo

Well, on the surface it seems as legit as it comes when a parent takes a job with school district, but who knows.
          Sure it looks legit and it proves that their her took a job at another school district. I'm sure she wasn't given any sort of preferential treatment in the hiring process due to her son either but that's just me.

Comment

• BevoBo
            Special Teams
            • Apr 2015

Originally posted by Farmer

Sure it looks legit and it proves that their her took a job at another school district. I'm sure she wasn't given any sort of preferential treatment in the hiring process due to her son either but that's just me.
            Maybe so with a top RB to the reigning DII champion, who just lost their RB, but these kind are hard to regulate and not so obvious. It seems to happen more and more now and you said it best. " It's a free for all in Texas." The rich get richer.

I'd still vote for mandatory sitting out a year, regardless. Legit moves would still happen for Mom/Dad looking/finding a better job, better environment, etc... Little Johnny sitting out would be part of that equation for the betterment of the family where athletics were not the main focus. Pure athletic moves would decrease for sure.

Comment

• CHill
              1st Team
              • Apr 2015

Originally posted by JagFan
              Mom will be a teacher at Cedar Hill.

Stephenville all-purpose back Kaegun Williams is set to transfer to back-to-back state champs Cedar Hill, according to Cedar Hill coach Joey McGuire.
              Williams’ mother, a teacher, is in the final stages of the hiring process at Cedar Hill ISD. Her hire is expected to be finalized in the next few days.
              “We’re fired up,” McGuire said.

http://highschoolsportsblog.dallasne...dar-hill.html/

There 20 teachers in the district retiring this year in addition to the ones that take other district openings and the ones that won't be offer a contract next year. That position is very crowded with very talented backs that have been through the off season and spring competing to get their carries. Wish him well in competing with them and getting playing time, might be used more in slot at this time.

Last edited by CHill; 06-02-2015, 01:03 PM. Reason: added tape

Comment

• JagFan
                1st Team
                • Apr 2015

Originally posted by CHill

There 20 teachers in the district retiring this year in addition to the ones that take other district openings and the ones that won't be offer a contract next year. That position is very crowded with very talented backs that have been through the off season and spring competing to get their carries. Wish him well in competing with them and getting playing time, might be used more in slot at this time.

http://youtu.be/4svaNWwkYaI
                I doubt that a teaching opening is just for a RB especially if that is a crowded position. will be interesting to see if he as a junior plays Varsity or JV.

Comment

• CHill
                  1st Team
                  • Apr 2015

I doubt that a teaching opening is just for a RB especially if that is a crowded position. will be interesting to see if he as a junior plays Varsity or JV.
                  I suspect he will be on varsity and playing 7 on 7 very soon. It's a big jump from 4A to 6A as far as speed of the game. I'm sure Joey will work him into the rotation as to always keep fresh backs in the game. http://theflashtoday.com/2015/06/02/...or-cedar-hill/

Comment

• BevoBo
                    Special Teams
                    • Apr 2015

http://youtu.be/4svaNWwkYaI

Didn't know much about him, but after watching that video, my gosh, kid got some cut back moves and a burst of speed. Very impressive! I think CH will find a way for him to be on the field. Of course I'm not familiar with the current RB's, at CH, but he's a junior to be, so there is time.

Comment

• SLC13
                      '16 6A Pick 'Em Champ & '15 6A Pick 'Em Runner-Up
                      • Apr 2015

Your question about varsity or JV made me chuckle.........Cedar Hill is now an open enrollment school. The only reason this kid plays JV is because CH has a stable of RB's that are better and there are literally no carries left for him on varsity.
                      Last edited by SLC13; 06-02-2015, 02:04 PM.

Comment

• dada
                        2nd Team
                        • Apr 2015

Watch Kaegun Williams' highlights on Hudl.

Comment

• Super B
                          All District
                          • Apr 2015

Originally posted by SLC13

Your question about varsity or JV made me chuckle.........Cedar Hill is now an open enrollment school. The only reason this kid plays JV is because CH has a stable of RB's that are better and there are literally no carries left for him on varsity.
                          Open enrollment is irrelevant. Like you said, his talent and ability as compared to the other RB's will determine what team he is on. Unless the DEC/UIL declared him ineligible. #nothappening
                          Super B

Comment

• svhorns
                            All State
                            • Apr 2015

Wow. Kaegun Williams is arguably one of the top backs in the state of Texas for the 2017 class. The 2017 class for CHILL is absolutely loaded. QB Avery Davis, RB Kaegun Williams, WR Jaylon Jackson, LB Dmitri Moore all legitimate high D1 players. You're looking at a triple threat on the offensive side of ball that might be the best in the state, and they're all soon to be Juniors.
                            Last edited by svhorns; 06-02-2015, 03:00 PM.

Comment

• svhorns
                              All State
                              • Apr 2015

Nice find jagfan
                              Last edited by svhorns; 06-02-2015, 03:02 PM.

Comment

• svhorns
                                All State
                                • Apr 2015

I suspect he will be on varsity and playing 7 on 7 very soon. It's a big jump from 4A to 6A as far as speed of the game. I'm sure Joey will work him into the rotation as to always keep fresh backs in the game. http://theflashtoday.com/2015/06/02/...or-cedar-hill/
                                He'll be the best back on the team as soon as he steps foot on the CH campus.

Comment

• Farmer
                                  All District
                                  • Apr 2015

Originally posted by svhorns

Momma ain't no fool. This move would not have been made with him sitting the bench in mind. Of course this is my opinion but you don't move a stud RB to have him sit the bench

Comment

• CHill
                                    1st Team
                                    • Apr 2015

I'll have to see that, I know the others that are in the backfield and so does Eagle. The tape is a very nice highlite tape of him, but I take in consideration of who the opponents where, lot of miss tackles and bad angles by the DBs makes him look a lot better. He will get the opportunity to compete and CH favors in using substitutes to keep players fresh and to play at top speed or as refer to, "Longhorn speed". This is a big adjustment and suspect after a few games in predistrict against Arl. Bowie, Skyline and Coppell he will see the difference and adjust for 8-6A play. I'm eager to see him play! Getting the #1 seed for the playoffs is so important for a good run. As good as the team was last year, it came down to one second on the clock to score the winning TD against SGP (on the road) to secure the one seed and don't see anything but being tougher this year. MOP

Comment

• Eagle82
                                      All District
                                      • Apr 2015

I'll have to see that, I know the others that are in the backfield and so does Eagle. The tape is a very nice highlite tape of him, but I take in consideration of who the opponents where, lot of miss tackles and bad angles by the DBs makes him look a lot better. He will get the opportunity to compete and CH favors in using substitutes to keep players fresh and to play at top speed or as refer to, "Longhorn speed". This is a big adjustment and suspect after a few games in predistrict against Arl. Bowie, Skyline and Coppell he will see the difference and adjust for 8-6A play. I'm eager to see him play! Getting the #1 seed for the playoffs is so important for a good run. As good as the team was last year, it came down to one second on the clock to score the winning TD against SGP (on the road) to secure the one seed and don't see anything but being tougher this year. MOP
                                      This...

I just spoke with a buddy down in the ville. They are very disappointed he's moving, said it's going to make a negative impact on their team. Word down there is momma could have stayed put but for reasons unknown, made the move.

We'll see how he does against the bigger, faster, harder hitting 6A boys.

Comment

• Eagle2
                                        All District
                                        • Apr 2015

No sir he will not be their best back. Their best back is already in place. He will need to work very hard and earn his time. Joey will work him in though probably in the slot. He is just another addition to an already potent offense that has its players in place. A nice addition to have,

Comment

• svhorns
                                          All State
                                          • Apr 2015

Originally posted by Eagle
                                          No sir he will not be their best back. Their best back is already in place. He will need to work very hard and earn his time. Joey will work him in though probably in the slot. He is just another addition to an already potent offense that has its players in place. A nice addition to have,
                                          Yes he will be and I can name about 20 college coaches who disagree with you and CHILL, but I imagine you know better than them so I'll stand down.
                                          Last edited by svhorns; 06-02-2015, 04:57 PM.

Comment

• svhorns
                                            All State
                                            • Apr 2015

That ol Johnny Manziel probably wouldn't have made it in big bad 6a either. Colt McCoy, that small town boy wouldn't have done nothin in 6a. Adrian Peterson, Johnathan Gray, Navasota WR Tendavian Dickson (the top WR in Texas this year)Ryan Tannehill, LaMichael James, Chris Whaley, Brian Robison, Earl Thomas, Kenny Vacarro, Jeremy Kerley. I mean they might be able to hack it in the NFL but 6a football in Texas? Nah, they wouldn't be able to hack it.

Comment

• svhorns
                                              All State
                                              • Apr 2015

I can name some more of those lowly 3, 4, and 5a kids who wouldn't be able to hack it at the 6a level but somehow seemed to squeak through to the NFL. Just say go.

Comment

• svhorns
                                                All State
                                                • Apr 2015

Whether McGuire has him learn the system first and earn his was to the starting spot is a different subject but he IS without a doubt the best RB at Cedar Hill right now.

Comment

• CHill
                                                  1st Team
                                                  • Apr 2015

I can name about 20 college coaches who disagree with you and CHILL, but I imagine you know better than them so I'll stand down.

Why does he have only one offer (SMU)? CH has backs from 17 class with multiply offers with one up to 10 offers. No need to stand down, I've been following this team for a number of years and I've seen more RBs leave then come and play Div 1 football. Check out Robert Lowe starting RB at Texas State, he left when he couldn't crack the depth chart and was being move to OLB. Broke the rushing records and TDs score at Waxahachie. There is more depth at that position then any other on the team. Last year with Daniels and Ware, Ware avg. 10 carries a game and you seen how good he was. I'm all for the young man and can't wait to see what he brings to the team, only because I know what is already there.
                                                  Last edited by CHill; 06-02-2015, 06:03 PM.

Comment

• svhorns
                                                    All State
                                                    • Apr 2015

Why does he have only one offer (SMU)? CH has backs from 17 class with multiply offers with one up to 10 offers. No need to stand down, I've been following this team for a number of years and I've seen more RBs leave then come and play Div 1 football. Check out Robert Lowe starting RB at Texas State, he left when he couldn't crack the depth chart and was been move to OLB. Broke the rushing records and TDs score at Waxahachie. There is more depth at that position then any other on the team. Last year with Daniels and Ware, Ware avg. 10 carries a game and you seen how good he was. I'm all for the young man and can't wait to see what he brings to the team, only because I know what is already there.
                                                    Ok obviously you aren't taking my word for it but I challenge you to ask around to different college coaches and recruiting services and see what answer you get.

Kaegun will be your best RB next year and when you see it, I hope the first person you think of is moi. He has two offers one from SMU and one from Tulsa that has been reported but he is getting plenty of interest from schools like Texas, Baylor, Oregon. Right now for the 2017 class the guys you see with a multitude of offers are only the top elite players. Marvin Wilson(TAPPS), Jeffrey Okudah, Walker Little(TAPPS), Shawn Robinson, Brock Wright, Baron Browning(Kennendale), Anthony Hines, Toneil Carter, and JK Dobbins(LaGrange). Then you have players like Hezekiah Jones(Stafford), Kaegun Williams, Derrick Tucker, who all will eventually see those big time offers come in.

Aca'Cedric was obviously the best back you guys had last year. You guys run a multiple back system and that's great but again it was obvious that Ware was your best back. You will see the same with Kaegun. Avery Davis and Jaylon Jackson are your playmakers in the 2017 class, and Davis is up there with KJ Mond (SA Reagan), Jaylon Mascorro(Refugio), Shawn Robinson(Guyer), and Sam Ehlinger(Westlake)in terms of being a top QB in Texas.

Can you please inform me of the better backs you guys have?
                                                    Last edited by svhorns; 06-02-2015, 05:49 PM.

Comment

• SLC13
                                                      '16 6A Pick 'Em Champ & '15 6A Pick 'Em Runner-Up
                                                      • Apr 2015

Originally posted by Super B

Open enrollment is irrelevant. Like you said, his talent and ability as compared to the other RB's will determine what team he is on. Unless the DEC/UIL declared him ineligible. #nothappening
                                                      LOL.......that would be the 8-6A DEC that allows kids to change teams in week 7 and be eligible for the PO's.

Comment

• Eagle2
                                                        All District
                                                        • Apr 2015

Ok obviously you aren't taking my word for it but I challenge you to ask around to different college coaches and recruiting services and see what answer you get.

Kaegun will be your best RB next year and when you see it, I hope the first person you think of is moi. He has two offers one from SMU and one from Tulsa that has been reported but he is getting plenty of interest from schools like Texas, Baylor, Oregon. Right now for the 2017 class the guys you see with a multitude of offers are only the top elite players. Marvin Wilson(TAPPS), Jeffrey Okudah, Walker Little(TAPPS), Shawn Robinson, Brock Wright, Baron Browning(Kennendale), Anthony Hines, Toneil Carter, and JK Dobbins(LaGrange). Then you have players like Hezekiah Jones(Stafford), Kaegun Williams, Derrick Tucker, who all will eventually see those big time offers come in.

Aca'Cedric was obviously the best back you guys had last year. You guys run a multiple back system and that's great but again it was obvious that Ware was your best back. You will see the same with Kaegun. Avery Davis and Jaylon Jackson are your playmakers in the 2017 class, and Davis is up there with KJ Mond (SA Reagan), Jaylon Mascorro(Refugio), Shawn Robinson(Guyer), and Sam Ehlinger(Westlake)in terms of being a top QB in Texas.

Can you please inform me of the better backs you guys have?
                                                        This has nothing to do with playing in a smaller division and moving up to 6a (as u mentioned previously) and the current offers are great (happy for him). This is strictly a matter of witnessing the current stable of talent that is currently in place. As for who the better backs are? You will just have to wait with the rest of us when they are unleashed in the fall.

Comment

• Farmer
                                                          All District
                                                          • Apr 2015

That ol Johnny Manziel probably wouldn't have made it in big bad 6a either. Colt McCoy, that small town boy wouldn't have done nothin in 6a. Adrian Peterson, Johnathan Gray, Navasota WR Tendavian Dickson (the top WR in Texas this year)Ryan Tannehill, LaMichael James, Chris Whaley, Brian Robison, Earl Thomas, Kenny Vacarro, Jeremy Kerley. I mean they might be able to hack it in the NFL but 6a football in Texas? Nah, they wouldn't be able to hack it.
                                                          Lol well said. I was thinking something along those lines as well but kept quiet. I mean how did guys like Marcus Mariotta win a heisman playing HS football in Hawaii or Mark Ingram playing in Michigan. Matt Stafford is another who has had a somewhat successful career after playing little 4A in Texas among countless others. I would wager there are more kids from Texas in the NFL who did not play at the highest classification than those who did.

This whole he isn't used to the speed of the 6A game is a bunch of bunk and reaks of shortsightedness

Comment

• Super B
                                                            All District
                                                            • Apr 2015

Originally posted by SLC13

LOL.......that would be the 8-6A DEC that allows kids to change teams in week 7 and be eligible for the PO's.
                                                            #nothappening
                                                            Super B

Comment

Working...
                                                            😀
                                                            😂
                                                            🥰
                                                            😘
                                                            🤢
                                                            😎
                                                            😞
                                                            😡