Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • CHill
    1st Team
    • Apr 2015

svhorns> Can you please inform me of the better backs you guys have?

R. Washington II and M. Foreman from the class of 17. Both are very good and can start on a lot of teams and look very good in the spring. But if this kid can come in play, I'm all for it, RB by committee is nothing new here. With AD at QB, he will be taking some of the carries so I'm sure the new OC will work him in. I believe you about recruiting services and the college coaches, I'm not that deep into that stuff, just a local fan. Trust me, it won't be the first time I'm wrong about something. All is good though, thanks for posting what you found out about this kid.

Comment

• CHill
      1st Team
      • Apr 2015

Originally posted by SLC13

LOL.......that would be the 8-6A DEC that allows kids to change teams in week 7 and be eligible for the PO's.

Week 10 after his team's last game! lol

Comment

• svhorns
        All State
        • Apr 2015

Originally posted by Eagle
        This has nothing to do with playing in a smaller division and moving up to 6a (as u mentioned previously) and the current offers are great (happy for him). This is strictly a matter of witnessing the current stable of talent that is currently in place. As for who the better backs are? You will just have to wait with the rest of us when they are unleashed in the fall.
        Oh ok I thought the mention of lack of competiton and "longhorn speed" the missed tackles, bad angles, and mentioning 8-6a specifically were used to downplay the skill level of Kaegun Williams. It doesn't matter what stable of backs you think Cedar Hill has, I'm not saying they don't have a stable of running backs, because I'm sure they do, but they don't have a Kaegun Williams who is a more polished running back than anyone on the Cedar Hill roster. The kid has balance, speed, vision, hands, and the elusiveness. He is a complete back and you'll soon see. I'm sure now you'll tell me CH has 3 running backs who all have the same traits and are on the same level as Kaegun.

I pose you to do the same as Chill and ask the opinion of different college coaches and recruiting services to get an answer. It's pretty obvious though what the answer is. Some have to get over their personal bias to get to that conclusion though.

Comment

• svhorns
          All State
          • Apr 2015

Originally posted by CHill
          svhorns> Can you please inform me of the better backs you guys have?

R. Washington II and M. Foreman from the class of 17. Both are very good and can start on a lot of teams and look very good in the spring. But if this kid can come in play, I'm all for it, RB by committee is nothing new here. With AD at QB, he will be taking some of the carries so I'm sure the new OC will work him in. I believe you about recruiting services and the college coaches, I'm not that deep into that stuff, just a local fan. Trust me, it won't be the first time I'm wrong about something. All is good though, thanks for posting what you found out about this kid.
          He's the new kid, not only will the coaches and players make sure he earns his spot, so will the fans. I went through the same thing at SV. You seem slighted that I'm putting him above players that are currently in the Chill system, which is understandable, but come on! don't downplay the kids ability when he obviously has above average football talent which is being noticed by colleges around the country. By the time the kid is done at Chill he will be just as good if not better than Aca'Cedric.

Comment

• Eagle2
            All District
            • Apr 2015

Originally posted by svhorns

Oh ok I thought the mention of lack of competiton and "longhorn speed" the missed tackles, bad angles, and mentioning 8-6a specifically were used to downplay the skill level of Kaegun Williams. It doesn't matter what stable of backs you think Cedar Hill has, I'm not saying they don't have a stable of running backs, because I'm sure they do, but they don't have a Kaegun Williams who is a more polished running back than anyone on the Cedar Hill roster. The kid has balance, speed, vision, hands, and the elusiveness. He is a complete back and you'll soon see. I'm sure now you'll tell me CH has 3 running backs who all have the same traits and are on the same level as Kaegun.

I pose you to do the same as Chill and ask the opinion of different college coaches and recruiting services to get an answer. It's pretty obvious though what the answer is. Some have to get over their personal bias to get to that conclusion though.
            No personal bias here and no dispute here. (don't make more out than what it really is)Saw Williams play last year he is the real deal. Also have seen & followed the CHill backs and yes they each too are complete backs with the same traits. Williams has more established varsity playing time(as his stats prove) than the others. Williams will be even better once he is acclimated to the system and massive o-line.

Comment

• CHill
              1st Team
              • Apr 2015

He's the new kid, not only will the coaches and players make sure he earns his spot, so will the fans. I went through the same thing at SV. You seem slighted that I'm putting him above players that are currently in the Chill system, which is understandable, but come on! don't downplay the kids ability when he obviously has above average football talent which is being noticed by colleges around the country. By the time the kid is done at Chill he will be just as good if not better than Aca'Cedric.

I'm just old school and have always like watching the kids grow up through the system and watch the development through HS level. Plus I coach a local select team with kids in youth for 15 years with kids from DeSoto, Duncanville and enjoy watching those develop through their schools. But I understand people move and take different jobs and this team will welcome him along with Mac and the staff.

Comment

Originally posted by JagFan
                Mom will be a teacher at Cedar Hill.

Stephenville all-purpose back Kaegun Williams is set to transfer to back-to-back state champs Cedar Hill, according to Cedar Hill coach Joey McGuire.
                Williams’ mother, a teacher, is in the final stages of the hiring process at Cedar Hill ISD. Her hire is expected to be finalized in the next few days.
                “We’re fired up,” McGuire said.

http://highschoolsportsblog.dallasne...dar-hill.html/

Can't believe he's not winding up at Aledo.

Comment

• OakTreeOut-n-Up
                  Special Teams
                  • Apr 2015

I've seen Kaegun play a lot and I'm very interested to see what his role will be next year. He has very good balance, vision, strength (for his size) and is outstanding catching the ball out of the backfield. One area where he's not a ++ guy is with long speed, which is very interesting considering that's Cedar Hill's trademark. I expect him to help Chill significantly but I do think he'll find the sledding a little tougher in 6A, of course, and some of those 80 yard runs will turn into 20 yard runs. Interesting move by the family.... his uncles are Kelan and Seth Luker who were pretty decent football players for Stephenville.

Comment

• JagFan
                    1st Team
                    • Apr 2015

I'm just old school and have always like watching the kids grow up through the system and watch the development through HS level. Plus I coach a local select team with kids in youth for 15 years with kids from DeSoto, Duncanville and enjoy watching those develop through their schools. But I understand people move and take different jobs and this team will welcome him along with Mac and the staff.
                    This. The commercialization of HS football makes me sick. If a kid is good the colleges will find them. The he/she has to play 6A to be noticed is crap.

Last year the State championship games were about Nike, how much the UIL can make and Jerry Jones. To hell with the kids. My fear is it will become all flash and no substance. The playing with your lifelong friends for your community school is going out the window. Sad sad sad

Comment

• JagFan
                      1st Team
                      • Apr 2015

Originally posted by Speedy West

Can't believe he's not winding up at Aledo.
                      LOL yup

Comment

• CHill
                        1st Team
                        • Apr 2015

Originally posted by Eagle82

This...

I just spoke with a buddy down in the ville. They are very disappointed he's moving, said it's going to make a negative impact on their team. Word down there is momma could have stayed put but for reasons unknown, made the move.

We'll see how he does against the bigger, faster, harder hitting 6A boys.

Eagle82> Caught this on TOC, he's not the only one leaving, looks like a QB left also...

Saw him playing for Stephenville in a State Qualifier then the next week playing for Tolar in a league.

Comment

• OakTreeOut-n-Up
                          Special Teams
                          • Apr 2015

Kaegun got most of his reps yesterday at linebacker - at least in the game that I watched (morning game vs Dickinson). He clearly looked like the guy who had spent the most time in the weightroom for Cedar Hill, but the guy that took most of the reps at "RB" was quicker. Will be interesting to see if this was just for 7on7 or if he'll get some/most reps on D when the pads come on. He looked like a natural in coverage, very very good athlete who will help somewhere for sure. Might be the rare kid who can excel getting snaps on both sides.

Comment

• MGoBlue
                            Practice Squad
                            • May 2015

Interesting. Last years state champs in 6A are both dominated by transfers. Trend? Basically, CHill and Allen are select teams.

Comment

• chhspantherfan
                              Special Teams
                              • Apr 2015

Originally posted by MGoBlue
                              Interesting. Last years state champs in 6A are both dominated by transfers. Trend? Basically, CHill and Allen are select teams.
                              Sure wish the old board was archived somewhere. I could dig up some great commentary on this from circa 2010

Comment

• Admin
                                TX HS Football Talk
                                • Mar 2015

Originally posted by chhspantherfan

Sure wish the old board was archived somewhere. I could dig up some great commentary on this from circa 2010
                                If the content of the old board is out there anywhere (old server, hard drive, anything), I can pull the data and import it into this board.

I know the KT's worked hard for many years and provided a great community so I would ensure they were compensated. In fact if the KT's ever reached a point where they wanted to get back into the game, I would hand this over to them and walk away from ownership.

I can assure you that I wouldn't act in the manner dog and his puppies have by taking the KT's logo, (just changing a number) along with their membership base and using domain names owned by others, all without compensation.

Comment

• CHill
                                  1st Team
                                  • Apr 2015

[QUOTE=Admin;n5081]

If the content of the old board is out there anywhere (old server, hard drive, anything), I can pull the data and import it into this board.

I know the KT's worked hard for many years and provided a great community so I would ensure they were compensated. In fact if the KT's ever reached a point where they wanted to get back into the game, I would hand this over to them and walk away from ownership.

I can assure you that I wouldn't act in the manner dog and his puppies have by taking the KT's logo, (just changing a number) along with their membership base and using domain names owned by others, all without compensation.

Not many people display the class and integrity as you have in this ^ message.

Comment

• Super B
                                    All District
                                    • Apr 2015

Originally posted by Admin

That would be awesome!
                                    Super B

Comment

• longhorngrandad
                                      Practice Squad
                                      • Jul 2015

Originally posted by MGoBlue
                                      You say that based on what? You certainly haven't watched the team then. Can't speak for Allen, but the CHILL players have been together since 7th grade. The RB you seem to refer to is certainly good, but he didn't dominate. Quite frankly it is our QB, and our wide receivers. And the receiver xfer is probably #4 or 5 and will have to fight hard for reps. Our defense is again kids that have played together for a long time. Keegan played LB because we had 2 guys down with leg cramps. If CHILL is a select team its because of the program, coaching, and desire of the team.

Comment

• CHill
                                        1st Team
                                        • Apr 2015

Originally posted by longhorngrandad

You say that based on what? You certainly haven't watched the team then. Can't speak for Allen, but the CHILL players have been together since 7th grade. The RB you seem to refer to is certainly good, but he didn't dominate. Quite frankly it is our QB, and our wide receivers. And the receiver xfer is probably #4 or 5 and will have to fight hard for reps. Our defense is again kids that have played together for a long time. Keegan played LB because we had 2 guys down with leg cramps. If CHILL is a select team its because of the program, coaching, and desire of the team.

They don't know LHGD, only Eagle2 knows the talent that is already in place!

Comment

• Eagle2
                                          All District
                                          • Apr 2015

They don't know LHGD, only Eagle2 knows the talent that is already in place!
                                          All one has to do is to observe and follow the pee wee-middle school programs in the best southwest area. These kids play/know each other and stay together. As stated before about the Longhorns, the next two years could be their best of the best of teams. Time will tell.

Comment

• OakTreeOut-n-Up
                                            Special Teams
                                            • Apr 2015

Looks like Kaegun's gonna do just fine in 6A

Comment

• longhorngrandad
                                              Practice Squad
                                              • Jul 2015

Originally posted by OakTreeOut-n-Up

http://www.hudl.com/athlete/2807053/...s/280588383/v2
                                              Yes he ran well as did the other RB. Good tandem again this year. Should be interesting and fun!

Comment

• OakTreeOut-n-Up
                                                Special Teams
                                                • Apr 2015

Yes he ran well as did the other RB. Good tandem again this year. Should be interesting and fun!
                                                Who is the other RB while Jackson is out (assuming he is still out)?

Comment

• longhorngrandad
                                                  Practice Squad
                                                  • Jul 2015

Forman. JJ won't likely be back til November.

Comment

• CHill
                                                    1st Team
                                                    • Apr 2015

Forman. JJ won't likely be back til November.

Keep eyes on #28 also with #21 they have down field speed. The new RB #24 has very good moves but lacks break away speed, but should be good enough to move the sticks.

Comment

• Eagle2
                                                      All District
                                                      • Apr 2015

Keep eyes on #28 also with #21 they have down field speed. The new RB #24 has very good moves but lacks break away speed, but should be good enough to move the sticks.
                                                      yes little rw will open some eyes and be the surprise and newcomer player of 86A.

Comment

• svhorns
                                                        All State
                                                        • Apr 2015

Originally posted by OakTreeOut-n-Up

http://www.hudl.com/athlete/2807053/...s/280588383/v2
                                                        He's the best RB on the team. It's pretty easy to see.

Comment

• Eagle2
                                                          All District
                                                          • Apr 2015

We shall see. The season will tell.

Comment

• longhorngrandad
                                                            Practice Squad
                                                            • Jul 2015

Well KW played well but so did the others. Forman had a big game.

Comment

• CHill
                                                              1st Team
                                                              • Apr 2015

Sure is, here's his stats after week one, Boxscore. Seventeen yards rushing probably won't get you any awards, welcome to the Hill where the carries are split up among 3 or 4 RBs and has been for years.
                                                              Last edited by CHill; 08-31-2015, 02:09 PM.

Comment

Working...