X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • BevoBo
    Special Teams
    • Apr 2015

Originally posted by some eagle fan
    As noted before, be careful what you wish for Mr. Green.

http://highschoolsportsblog.dallasne...ight-now.html/

How ironic that would be if he doesn't win the starting job. Not wishing fail on him, but as Farmer said, it would be justice that someone in the program wins the job who has waited patiently for his turn. It would also say he was not promised a job if it plays out like this in fall.

Comment

• dada
      2nd Team
      • Apr 2015

Not buying it....Green will be the starter. If not, whoever the starter is will have a short leash and Green will take over.

Comment

• svhorns
        All State
        • Apr 2015

Originally posted by dada
        Not buying it....Green will be the starter. If not, whoever the starter is will have a short leash and Green will take over.
        Me and you think alike. Coach W has to whether a brewing storm. Green will start and if he doesn't it won't be because he isn't the best QB for the job. He has parents of kids who have bled for the program and who have been waiting to get their chance. A kid moves in and now all of it has been thrown out the window. Money spent on camps, extra studying sessions, booster club donations, none of it matters now because of Mr. Green. Coach W knows what he's doing and he's using the media to do it.

Comment

• some eagle fan
          Special Teams
          • Apr 2015

Originally posted by svhorns

Me and you think alike. Coach W has to whether a brewing storm. Green will start and if he doesn't it won't be because he isn't the best QB for the job. He has parents of kids who have bled for the program and who have been waiting to get their chance. A kid moves in and now all of it has been thrown out the window. Money spent on camps, extra studying sessions, booster club donations, none of it matters now because of Mr. Green. Coach W knows what he's doing and he's using the media to do it.
          That's what I started smelling too after a few days, kinda like fish ya know.. Although there is another issue with that thought. The young man noted in the article is our LJ transfer, not the Allen kid. So still butts hurt for the local crowd.

Comment

• ktCarl
            Special Teams
            • Apr 2015

I guess I need to write an apology to the supporters of the two private school teams that was allowed in the UIL because I thought they would recruit.

Comment

• svhorns
              All State
              • Apr 2015

That's what I started smelling too after a few days, kinda like fish ya know.. Although there is another issue with that thought. The young man noted in the article is our LJ transfer, not the Allen kid. So still butts hurt for the local crowd.
              Has the Florida transfer made it in yet?

Comment

• some eagle fan
                Special Teams
                • Apr 2015

Originally posted by svhorns

Has the Florida transfer made it in yet?
                Yes, he's been here for quite a while, started at AHS in December I think. Flew under the radar for a long time. Seems like a real good kid, not sure how good of a receiver he is.

Comment

• Farmer
                  All District
                  • Apr 2015

Yes, he's been here for quite a while, started at AHS in December I think. Flew under the radar for a long time. Seems like a real good kid, not sure how good of a receiver he is.
                  He's from the Coca area right? Lot of talent out of that part of the state. Heck that I-4 corridor from Tampa to Orlando and then on to the Cocoa area on the 529 is a pretty talent rich area in the Sunshine state

Comment

• Farmer
                    All District
                    • Apr 2015

Originally posted by ktCarl
                    I guess I need to write an apology to the supporters of the two private school teams that was allowed in the UIL because I thought they would recruit.
                    I never had a concern about the Jesuits recruiting. My issue was the choice their kids and parents made to attend Jesuit and forfeit their ability to compete in UIL competition. I still feel this way as it is my belief that the Jesuits still care about promoting a quality catholic based education over winning in sports .

Comment

• Super B
                      All District
                      • Apr 2015

Originally posted by Farmer

I never had a concern about the Jesuits recruiting. My issue was the choice their kids and parents made to attend Jesuit and forfeit their ability to compete in UIL competition. I still feel this way as it is my belief that the Jesuits still care about promoting a quality catholic based education over winning in sports .
                      In Texas that appears to be the case. In other states I think they do what they can to create football machines. Like Don Bosco, Bishop Gorman, St. Thomas Aquinas. On and on, most of the National top 100 privates are indeed Jesuits.
                      Super B

Comment

• Farmer
                        All District
                        • Apr 2015

Originally posted by Super B

In Texas that appears to be the case. In other states I think they do what they can to create football machines. Like Don Bosco, Bishop Gorman, St. Thomas Aquinas. On and on, most of the National top 100 privates are indeed Jesuits.
                        That is not correct. Those schools are not Jesuit schools

Comment

Working...