X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Farmer
    All District
    • Apr 2015

Originally posted by Eagle
    Yes so true. Don't get it. Out of all the schools in the state of Texas, Allen. A team coming off of a three peat championship. While there are also several other successful football programs in the vicinity, would not the end result be the same? Maybe, but other programs may not have allowed(promised) a starter position? Gonna be interesting to see how this all plays out for Allen? Some sources(?) have said after watching qb transfer in camps and practice that he might not be as advertised or expected and that others are better? Interesting.Welcome to Texas high school football. Cannot wait for the live competition.
    I wouldn't put as much stock into spring ball as I would the summer months and then fall practice. With the schedule Allen plays and the district they're in, I wouldn't really make the comment welcome to Texas HS football. The only road games are at Lewisville and Flower Mound and let's be honest, Allen won't be challenged in either of those two games. The rest of the district isn't much better than the competition he has seen in Minnesota.

Depending on DeSoto and where they go then Allen may not actually face a top 10 caliber team from week2 through week 14.

Comment

• Eagle82
      All District
      • Apr 2015

Yet they will come in as one of the top 5 teams in the nation

Comment

• CHill
        1st Team
        • Apr 2015

Originally posted by AllenEaglesFan
        Amazing how people complain about Allen's size and transfers but considering Cedar Hill had more transfers the last two year than Allen and Plano was and is one of the largest schools since the 70's not sure this could be much more than sour grapes. Where is all the complaints about other schools transfers??? Not going to hear it because the few that complain about rumors and hearsay are just mad about their schools choice and make up innuendos.

Cedar Hill had more transfers then Allen, not quite sure about that. Would like to know who the transfers were and if they we're significant performers for the team.

Comment

• CHill
          1st Team
          • Apr 2015

Good article on the Seth Green move to Allen. http://www.texasredzonereport.com/20...p-to-the-hype/

Comment

• Farmer
            All District
            • Apr 2015

Originally posted by Jrstar

Cedar Hill had more transfers then Allen, not quite sure about that. Would like to know who the transfers were and if they we're significant performers for the team.
            They haven't is the funny thing but I too would be curious to hear who they were

Comment

• Farmer
              All District
              • Apr 2015

Good article on the Seth Green move to Allen. http://www.texasredzonereport.com/20...p-to-the-hype/
              Lol at the author of the article even pointing out that football is why green transferred to Allen lol

Comment

• Eagle82
                All District
                • Apr 2015

Originally posted by Farmer

They haven't is the funny thing but I too would be curious to hear who they were
                Well all I can say is that during the game against them last year, CHill and I were standing on the sidelines when the buses rolled up and a bunch of kids who ended up starting on both sides of the ball were rushing to fill out some sort of "school enrollment" forms. Once all the forms were turned in, new programs were distributed updating the roster. I did overhear one kid saying "This ain't Allen, is it?"

Comment

• Eagle82
                  All District
                  • Apr 2015

Speaking of CHill, where is he? He should be here!

Comment

• some eagle fan
                    Special Teams
                    • Apr 2015

Lol at the author of the article even pointing out that football is why green transferred to Allen lol
                    The author is a student at Allen so you have to consider the source. And I think the article said "that's why Seth chose Allen when the family moved to Texas". And why wouldn't the kid chose Allen. I'm not overly happy about his choice but he's here, and I truly do hope that nothing was "promised" or even winked at regarding starting position. As you noted, other then DG ( and I don't know what the FL. Team has) we won't see a real tuff schedule this year, that I know of. Someone may be a sleeper that we don't know yet. Maybe EAST will remember how good thier program used to be and lay one down, I hope so. But we won't know how good Green is until round 2 or beyond. I do believe he'll be the starter, but I hope he is having to work for it and I hope he is the last QB move-in for several years. We have a couple of good SOs ( I include the LJ kid as ours, even though he's not) and a very good looking freshmen QB that I want to watch on the field, not just in practice.

Comment

• Eagle82
                      All District
                      • Apr 2015

Hey Allen fans, I'm just messing with you with my comments so don't take them seriously when I throw jabs here and there. I have good friends in Allen, one is your director of fine arts who got the band to where it is now and another elsewhere in the school system.

Comment

• some eagle fan
                        Special Teams
                        • Apr 2015

Originally posted by Eagle82
                        Hey Allen fans, I'm just messing with you with my comments so don't take them seriously when I throw jabs here and there. I have good friends in Allen, one is your director of fine arts who got the band to where it is now and another elsewhere in the school system.
                        No worries by me 82, I'm not the atypical fan, I actually like Farmer .

Comment

• chhspantherfan
                          Special Teams
                          • Apr 2015

seems it has been taken down, nothing like a student to tell the truth

Comment

• Eagle82
                            All District
                            • Apr 2015

By Dillon Tye, Staff Writer
                            The Eagle Angle

Expectations. They drive sports, and the world around them. They are what fans have of their sports stars. There is no exception of this for high school football, however warped that may be. So when a 6’4” Oregon commit appears out of Nowhere, Minnesota, questions, and yes, expectations are thrown into the mix.

“You can take all the room you want man,” a seemingly star struck dad says to him when asked if we are in the way of his drilling with his son as we are taking pictures of him. As our photo shoot ends another one just begins, with the dad asking if he can take some pictures with his son. Shrugging, the soon to be Oregon Duck agrees.

Welcome to Allen, Seth Green.

“He knows I’m not Kyler. Kyler is one of a kind. But (Coach Westerberg) still expects me to perform”

“It’s a lot bigger, school wise, but the class sizes are smaller than what I had in Minnesota. The weather down here is also a lot nicer, that’s always a good thing. And football obviously.” Green says, rattling off a few things about his new town.

Football. Obviously. The no brainer, the whole reason he chose us when his Dad packed up the family to move to Dallas for his job at IMS (a medical company).

“He knows I’m not Kyler (Murray). Kyler is one of a kind. But (Coach Tom Westerberg) still expects me to perform” Green says. A dual threat quarterback out of Minnesota, although still in the same classification as Murray is, the two play very different styles of football.

“[Their] size is different. Speed is different. Kyler brought a lot to the table as far as knowledge and skill and now we’re trying to figure out what Seth can bring”, newly appointed offensive coordinator Kyle Westerberg said.

This up coming year’s success will be based on who is taking the snap, and that decision will largely be based on spring ball performances.

“Obviously we’re looking for someone that can pull the trigger,” Westerberg said. Being able to fit someone into the system, whichever of the three going up for the starting role it may be, is key to excelling next year.

“He’s got to earn it, nothing is ever given to anybody.” Coach Westerberg says of the starting quarterback position. And he’s right, as of now there are three quarterbacks fighting for that one position, but Green has the experience.

“The offense is a lot faster and more up-tempo”, Green said of the Allen offense in comparison of his old one in Minnesota.

“I like Allen’s style, it’s a lot faster, and gives way more advantages at the quarterback position. It’s also really similar to the Oregon offense”, Green goes on to say. It will be all about fitting in comfortably for next year, but adaption will be critical for the offense to thrive.

“We’re going to do it probably 95% the same, obviously there is that 5%. We’re going to add a wrinkle here and a wrinkle there”, Westerberg said. For Green, all eyes are on him. All eyes have been on him, even before he even arrived.

State Titles. It’s the epitome of a high school athletic career.

“We got to the quarterfinals and lost to the team that won it all” Green says about his career in Minnesota.

People can move together for entirely different reasons. Sometimes it’s for the neighborhood, or the job. But sometimes it’s for something more. A final shot. A last hope. Seth Green chose Allen for two reasons, the schooling and the football. We have hype around us. We have a $60 million dollar (half way) cracked stadium. We have three state titles in a row. We have lived up to our hype.

Now it’s your move, Seth Green.

Comment

• Eagle82
                              All District
                              • Apr 2015

Even this ole boy knows the kid didn't move to Allen for the "schooling"...

Comment

• chhspantherfan
                                Special Teams
                                • Apr 2015

The Eagle Angle

Expectations. They drive sports, and the world around them. They are what fans have of their sports stars. There is no exception of this for high school football, however warped that may be. So when a 6’4” Oregon commit appears out of Nowhere, Minnesota, questions, and yes, expectations are thrown into the mix.

“You can take all the room you want man,” a seemingly star struck dad says to him when asked if we are in the way of his drilling with his son as we are taking pictures of him. As our photo shoot ends another one just begins, with the dad asking if he can take some pictures with his son. Shrugging, the soon to be Oregon Duck agrees.
                                Welcome to Allen, Seth Green.

“He knows I’m not Kyler. Kyler is one of a kind. But (Coach Westerberg) still expects me to perform”

“It’s a lot bigger, school wise, but the class sizes are smaller than what I had in Minnesota. The weather down here is also a lot nicer, that’s always a good thing. And football obviously.” Green says, rattling off a few things about his new town.

Football. Obviously. The no brainer, the whole reason he chose us when his Dad packed up the family to move to Dallas for his job at IMS (a medical company).

“He knows I’m not Kyler (Murray). Kyler is one of a kind. But (Coach Tom Westerberg) still expects me to perform” Green says. A dual threat quarterback out of Minnesota, although still in the same classification as Murray is, the two play very different styles of football.

“[Their] size is different. Speed is different. Kyler brought a lot to the table as far as knowledge and skill and now we’re trying to figure out what Seth can bring”, newly appointed offensive coordinator Kyle Westerberg said.

This up coming year’s success will be based on who is taking the snap, and that decision will largely be based on spring ball performances.

“Obviously we’re looking for someone that can pull the trigger,” Westerberg said. Being able to fit someone into the system, whichever of the three going up for the starting role it may be, is key to excelling next year.

“He’s got to earn it, nothing is ever given to anybody.” Coach Westerberg says of the starting quarterback position. And he’s right, as of now there are three quarterbacks fighting for that one position, but Green has the experience.

“The offense is a lot faster and more up-tempo”, Green said of the Allen offense in comparison of his old one in Minnesota.

“I like Allen’s style, it’s a lot faster, and gives way more advantages at the quarterback position. It’s also really similar to the Oregon offense”, Green goes on to say. It will be all about fitting in comfortably for next year, but adaption will be critical for the offense to thrive.

“We’re going to do it probably 95% the same, obviously there is that 5%. We’re going to add a wrinkle here and a wrinkle there”, Westerberg said. For Green, all eyes are on him. All eyes have been on him, even before he even arrived.

State Titles. It’s the epitome of a high school athletic career.

“We got to the quarterfinals and lost to the team that won it all” Green says about his career in Minnesota.

People can move together for entirely different reasons. Sometimes it’s for the neighborhood, or the job. But sometimes it’s for something more. A final shot. A last hope. Seth Green chose Allen for two reasons, the schooling and the football. We have hype around us. We have a $60 million dollar (half way) cracked stadium. We have three state titles in a row. We have lived up to our hype.

Now it’s your move, Seth Green.
                                [/QUOTE]

Originally posted by Eagle82
                                Even this ole boy knows the kid didn't move to Allen for the "schooling"...

And this was written by a student? The Admins should be proud, they have journalism students who don't know the rules either. Priceless.

Comment

• Super B
                                  All District
                                  • Apr 2015

I sure hope I don't offend anyone by saying this, but...

There was a lot of arrogance in that article.
                                  Super B

Comment

• Eagle82
                                    All District
                                    • Apr 2015

Originally posted by Super B

Yes there was.

Comment

• Farmer
                                      All District
                                      • Apr 2015

Originally posted by Super B

It might be arrogant but it doesn't mean it's not true. Not everybody is going to take the Lineweaver approach to success. As much as I don't like what is going on at Allen, I won't fault them for being arrogant when they continue to win titles.

Comment

• some eagle fan
                                        Special Teams
                                        • Apr 2015

As noted earlier, it was written by an Allen HS student for the Allen HS newspaper, so please do consider the source and the intended audience. It's has also been my experience that those students who are not part of HS althlitic family are typically the most boisterous regarding their schools accomplishments. Anyone else ever notice that?

Comment

• CHill
                                          1st Team
                                          • Apr 2015

Originally posted by some eagle fan
                                          As noted earlier, it was written by an Allen HS student for the Allen HS newspaper, so please do consider the source and the intended audience. It's has also been my experience that those students who are not part of HS althlitic family are typically the most boisterous regarding their schools accomplishments. Anyone else ever notice that?

Si.

Comment

• some eagle fan
                                            Special Teams
                                            • Apr 2015

C

Si.
                                            Sorry to Tom Brady ya there Jrstar, but it's a simple little article for a highschool paper that is garnering way to much attention because it's about Seth Green.

Comment

• Eagle82
                                              All District
                                              • Apr 2015

C

Sorry to Tom Brady ya there Jrstar, but it's a simple little article for a highschool paper that is garnering way to much attention because it's about Seth Green.
                                              Hey, if it promotes the kid who wrote it, great. He does have some good writing skills. When I was that age I was more about looking at the pictures than I was actually writing and reading the articles!

Comment

• svhorns
                                                All State
                                                • Apr 2015

It might be arrogant but it doesn't mean it's not true. Not everybody is going to take the Lineweaver approach to success. As much as I don't like what is going on at Allen, I won't fault them for being arrogant when they continue to win titles.
                                                Tainted titles, but I get your point.

Comment

• Farmer
                                                  All District
                                                  • Apr 2015

Originally posted by svhorns

Tainted titles, but I get your point.
                                                  Indeed sir, I agree. But as long as we have posters like Some Eagle fan, who is very objective and has voiced his concerns about what is going on, I'm going to try to steer clear of the constant Allen bashing I like to do

Comment

• AllenEaglesFan
                                                    Special Teams
                                                    • May 2015

Originally posted by Eagle
                                                    Yes so true. Don't get it. Out of all the schools in the state of Texas, Allen. A team coming off of a three peat championship. While there are also several other successful football programs in the vicinity, would not the end result be the same? Maybe, but other programs may not have allowed(promised) a starter position? Gonna be interesting to see how this all plays out for Allen? Some sources(?) have said after watching qb transfer in camps and practice that he might not be as advertised or expected and that others are better? Interesting.Welcome to Texas high school football. Cannot wait for the live competition.

At least we just do put it in the lease agreement.
                                                    Go Eagles!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

• Eagle2
                                                      All District
                                                      • Apr 2015

Originally posted by AllenEaglesFan

At least we just do put it in the lease agreement.
                                                      lol. No joke. But I'm sure you guys do.

Go Eagles!!!!!!

Comment

• svhorns
                                                        All State
                                                        • Apr 2015

Indeed sir, I agree. But as long as we have posters like Some Eagle fan, who is very objective and has voiced his concerns about what is going on, I'm going to try to steer clear of the constant Allen bashing I like to do
                                                        That I can get on board with.

Comment

• some eagle fan
                                                          Special Teams
                                                          • Apr 2015

As noted before, be careful what you wish for Mr. Green.

Comment

• Farmer
                                                            All District
                                                            • Apr 2015

As noted before, be careful what you wish for Mr. Green.

http://highschoolsportsblog.dallasne...ight-now.html/
                                                            I just read that while visiting the DMN page on myunch break.
                                                            I hope it stays that way. Would love for a kid who has busted his butt in the program and wait his turn get the opportunity to lead your program

Comment

• Eagle82
                                                              All District
                                                              • Apr 2015

I just read that while visiting the DMN page on myunch break.
                                                              I hope it stays that way. Would love for a kid who has busted his butt in the program and wait his turn get the opportunity to lead your program
                                                              I agree.

If he had a better spring than Green along with a better August, he should earn the QB1 spot and it should be his as long as he's winning. Now if Allen were to lose a game or two, I could see the coaches making a change. What I do suspect is that they will both get a lot of playing time leading up to the playoffs and who knows, even then the coaches may switch them in and out of the games.

Question is, who will be named the starter come week 1.

Comment

Working...