X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Hollywood
    Special Teams
    • Aug 2015

Originally posted by Super B
    Do you really think 15-18 y/o kids are aware of something that happened when they were 8-11 years old? I'm sure the coaches remember that, but I doubt coaches tell their players about a specific event as a way to emphasize why not to attack officials.
    I agree. This was too long ago to them. But it is more about the current culture of teens physically challenging adults, teachers, police, whomever. Entitlement. Culture.

Comment

• mojotrain
      2nd Team
      • Jun 2015

Do you really think 15-18 y/o kids are aware of something that happened when they were 8-11 years old? I'm sure the coaches remember that, but I doubt coaches tell their players about a specific event as a way to emphasize why not to attack officials.
      That's what I'm saying, the punishment in the ET incident was so minimal that it left no redeeming mark or example to those outside of Euless. It's my opinion that the level of punishment given out in a assault charge not only should have a negative effect on the party's involved but be a deterrent for those following with like credentials and there are many of those today. This incident should be handled unlike the ET incident in that both players and coach's in this state make the negatives relating to poor character and subsequent actions are a part of their every day regiment. We don't need to go through this again.

Last edited by mojotrain; 09-07-2015, 10:50 PM.

Comment

• Farmer
        All District
        • Apr 2015

Originally posted by mojotrain

Then except for those in ET, it's obvious nothing was learned on a state wide level from the punishment given in the E T incident.
        if Lineweaver was not charged and Fielo was not charged, then why is there an outcry for this team to be punished?

For or those crying that the coaches should be charged look no further than the staff at Trinity when things did not go their way in 2008.

For or the record, I said then that the kid should have been charged with assault and I stand by that with this incident. I do not think the entire team should be punished though. What the Teinity kid did in2008 was just as bad as this

Comment

• Farmer
          All District
          • Apr 2015

you remained silent on the 5A board about the Fielo incident. You and the rest of the Trinity fans all remained silent. Once you all got the KTs to delete any videos showing this incident. You all wanted nothing to do with it. Now your own fans are calling for criminal charges and what not. Why were you all not so vocal when you all had a "Thug" do the same thing?

dont act like this is a different board either. You were one of th loudest when I would bring this up to show why Trinity was a dirty program and had a long history of cheap shots and peronsal fouls

Comment

• mojotrain
            2nd Team
            • Jun 2015

Originally posted by Farmer

if Lineweaver was not charged and Fielo was not charged, then why is there an outcry for this team to be punished?

For or those crying that the coaches should be charged look no further than the staff at Trinity when things did not go their way in 2008.

For or the record, I said then that the kid should have been charged with assault and I stand by that with this incident. I do not think the entire team should be punished though. What the Teinity kid did in2008 was just as bad as this
            You are right but I just don't see how the coach and or staff have clean hands. They must know the character of the guys they put on the field or they shouldn't be teaching the kids. And if you do something to them it will effect the rest of the players.

Comment

• Farmer
              All District
              • Apr 2015

You are right but I just don't see how the coach and or staff have clean hands. They must know the character of the guys they put on the field or they shouldn't be teaching the kids. And if you do something to them it will effect the rest of the players.
              the staff at Trinity didn't have clean hands with Fielo but they were able to sweep it under the rugs. Why can't the Jay staff be given the same benefit that Trinity was?

this isn't anything new to Texas HS football. The Trinity player was able to get away with this borish behavior so why isn't the Jay player?

Comment

• Farmer
                All District
                • Apr 2015

Keep in mind this; 2 kids had been tossed, it's not hard to change a jersey on a sideline. Better yet your coaches aren't paying attention to jersey changing: these kids who were ejected found there way back into a game. If they didn't it's not hard at 17 to sway your teammates into doing something

this is isn't on the coaches

Comment

• Farmer
                  All District
                  • Apr 2015

I wish stinger would come post over here

Comment

• Hollywood
                    Special Teams
                    • Aug 2015

The previous incident was probably not handled as well as it could be. That said it was back in 2008. Lost innocence. This was at least two players assaulting at the same time. So a bad precedent may have been set but needs to be corrected. Also that was the Trinity players last game. I think to some extent because of Trinity's reputation they possibly got a pass.

It also looks like the wrong players were thrown out of the game. #81 stayed in and the hearsay is that he was the one penalized on the next play for a late hit. Can anyone validate that please? I am thinking in the scurry that #7 was ejected and it should have been #81.
                    Last edited by Hollywood; 09-08-2015, 10:25 AM.

Comment

• dada
                      2nd Team
                      • Apr 2015

He was 2nd team all state. He had several offers for D1 programs. After that incident, many of those offers were pulled. He ended up at Sam Houston State and was an all conference safety. He is now a Euless Police Officer.
                      Proof that kids sometimes do stupid things and can still grow up to be decent adults...one of the reasons you don't throw the baby out with the bath water in some situations.

Comment

• Farmer
                        All District
                        • Apr 2015

Originally posted by Hollywood
                        The previous incident was probably not handled as well as it could be. That said it was back in 2008. Lost innocence. This was at least two players assaulting at the same time. So a bad precedent may have been set but needs to be corrected. Also that was the Trinity players last game. I think to some extent because of Trinity's reputation they possibly got a pass.

It also looks like the wrong players were thrown out of the game. #81 stayed in and the hearsay is that he was the one penalized on the next play for a late hit. Can anyone validate that please? I am thinking in the scurry that #7 was ejected and it should have been #81.
                        2 players or 1 player, 2008 or 2015 the situations are indentical to one another. For the state to give one a pass means the other deserves one too. Remember this,Trinity is a program known for playing through the whistle and accumulating personal foul penalties on a pretty regular basis yet nobody called for Lineweaver to be removed or for their kid to be thrown in jail. In fact the Trinity fans refused to discuss this incident so much that any time it was brought up on the KTs old site it was automatically deleted and you were given a warning that discussing that could get you banned. I'm sorry but this incident isn't excusable and neither is the one from 2008. If the THUG from 2008 can go on and be a police officer, which is scary, then so can these kids.

Comment

• Farmer
                          All District
                          • Apr 2015

Originally posted by dada
                          Proof that kids sometimes do stupid things and can still grow up to be decent adults...one of the reasons you don't throw the baby out with the bath water in some situations.
                          proof that I will avoid Euless at all costs. Thugs like that do not deserve to be in a position of power.

Comment

• Hollywood
                            Special Teams
                            • Aug 2015

2 players or 1 player, 2008 or 2015 the situations are indentical to one another. For the state to give one a pass means the other deserves one too. Remember this,Trinity is a program known for playing through the whistle and accumulating personal foul penalties on a pretty regular basis yet nobody called for Lineweaver to be removed or for their kid to be thrown in jail. In fact the Trinity fans refused to discuss this incident so much that any time it was brought up on the KTs old site it was automatically deleted and you were given a warning that discussing that could get you banned. I'm sorry but this incident isn't excusable and neither is the one from 2008. If the THUG from 2008 can go on and be a police officer, which is scary, then so can these kids.
                            You are arguing precedent which I understand and I am saying that this situation needs to be viewed on its own merits. I personally am not excusing 2008. I think you have to hold people accountable. It is a logical fallacy to assume that because one player is now a cop that somehow we should not hold people accountable for assault. To be clear Farmer I am not saying you are saying anything of the sort. I think one bad decision on how to handle assaults should not allow it to perpetuate.

The reason for doing the charges is actually a tough love step. Also to make it clear to anyone else this will not be tolerated. They will not be charged as adults. So there is a built in do over as it is. They will likely get probation UNLESS there are other blemishes which are not in evidence here. Is this really up to the UIL? If the ref wants charges brought why would they not consider this under the circumstances?

Anyway, whether there are charges or not I do not believe either of the players should play again for UIL. Maybe a technicality but the Trinity player did not either.
                            Last edited by Hollywood; 09-08-2015, 11:09 AM.

Comment

• Farmer
                              All District
                              • Apr 2015

You are arguing precedent which I understand and I am saying that this situation needs to be viewed on its own merits. I personally am not excusing 2008. I think you have to hold people accountable. It is a logical fallacy to assume that because one player is now a cop that somehow we should not hold people accountable for assault. To be clear Farmer I am not saying you are saying anything of the sort. I think one bad decision on how to handle assaults should not allow it to perpetuate.

The reason for doing the charges is actually a tough love step. Also to make it clear to anyone else this will not be tolerated. They will not be charged as adults. So there is a built in do over as it is. They will likely get probation UNLESS there are other blemishes which are not in evidence here. Is this really up to the UIL? If the ref wants charges brought why would they not consider this under the circumstances?

Anyway, whether there are charges or not I do not believe either of the players should play again for UIL. Maybe a technicality but the Trinity player did not either.
                              I hope they are punished I am sickened by what happened just as I am by the Trinity kid. What I'm most disgusted about is seeing the people who defended the Trinity kid, now come out and act all sickened by this. The two situations are indentical in nature in that intent was shown to be a coward and physically assault an authority figure from behind. In 2008 you had people ignore the issue and refuse to discuss it and not throw a program or coach under the bus for it but now you have voices that were furking silent 7 years ago come out and try to take the high road. For those who were too scared to discuss a similar incident 7 years ago you don't get to dictate or suggest what should happen to these 2 young men and you don't get to suggest that a coach should be held accountable either. Not when you gave Lineweaver a pass. For the record I am sickened by the news that a thug like Fielo is now a police officer. People like him should never been given a chance at having any position of power and the same goes for the Jay kids

Comment

• Hollywood
                                Special Teams
                                • Aug 2015

Farmer, I agree with you mostly. However as citizens we get to feel about this like any other act of assault. I get what you are saying. That if you were not outraged then you should not be now. I cannot argue against that. Surely to press the issue back then invited a beat down. So I think most should get your point here. It also resonates with my own philosophy which includes that if you must stand alone for what you feel is right then do so. So ok. I know I did not condone this then. I really do not remember my posts. But I think we messed up then. I think we figured it would be handled.

In the broader scheme of things, the social media, the news media and the cultural issues on a grander scale bother me. It tells me this needs to be handled properly no matter the past. What that is is debatable.
                                While these players need to be addressed I am concerned about the greater message to other students.

Comment

• Farmer
                                  All District
                                  • Apr 2015

Farmer, I agree with you mostly. However as citizens we get to feel about this like any other act of assault. I get what you are saying. That if you were not outraged then you should not be now. I cannot argue against that. Surely to press the issue back then invited a beat down. So I think most should get your point here. It also resonates with my own philosophy which includes that if you must stand alone for what you feel is right then do so. So ok. I know I did not condone this then. I really do not remember my posts. But I think we messed up then. I think we figured it would be handled.

In the broader scheme of things, the social media, the news media and the cultural issues on a grander scale bother me. It tells me this needs to be handled properly no matter the past. What that is is debatable.
                                  While these players need to be addressed I am concerned about the greater message to other students.
                                  i hope these kids are dealt with swiftly and shown you can't act like this no matter what. If they're not then so be it, I guess they too can become police officers. Not saying this is what you're suggesting. I'm just quoting your posts to reply to something.

Comment

• Hollywood
                                    Special Teams
                                    • Aug 2015

i hope these kids are dealt with swiftly and shown you can't act like this no matter what. If they're not then so be it, I guess they too can become police officers. Not saying this is what you're suggesting. I'm just quoting your posts to reply to something.
                                    I hope they get it turned around and that this is something really stupid they have done.

Comment

• Super B
                                      All District
                                      • Apr 2015

Originally posted by dada
                                      Yes. He really has made the best of a bad situation he created. EPD knew exactly who he was when he applied and hired him without a second thought.
                                      Super B

Comment

• Farmer
                                        All District
                                        • Apr 2015

Anybody who assaults somebody in authority who later becomes a police officer is what is wrong with out society today. Instead of being charged with a felony assault he now gets to arrest people for doing far less than what he did. It's shameful any department would hire somebody like to to wear a badge and be in a position of authority.

Comment

• Super B
                                          All District
                                          • Apr 2015

Anybody who assaults somebody in authority who later becomes a police officer is what is wrong with out society today. Instead of being charged with a felony assault he now gets to arrest people for doing far less than what he did. It's shameful any department would hire somebody like to to wear a badge and be in a position of authority.
                                          So, one strike you are out in your book. You don't believe in forgiveness or second chances.

History is littered with people who made big mistakes but went on to do great things. If you can look yourself in the mirror and truly say you have never done something stupid (not assault but whatever) then I think you are either lying to yourself or better than most of us.

I thank God for the second chances I have had.
                                          Super B

Comment

• BevoBo
                                            Special Teams
                                            • Apr 2015

A guy makes good on his life and now serves our community and this is what is wrong with society? Just a pathetic post Farmer.

Comment

• Eagle82
                                              All District
                                              • Apr 2015

Before forgiveness and second chances, there must be accountability.

Comment

• Hollywood
                                                Special Teams
                                                • Aug 2015

http://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/...3611?cid=sm_fb

I think the school is playing up the racial slur way too much at this point. Seems to be deflecting. I am not saying it should not be investigated.
                                                It just seems to be the focus. I also know how teenagers can cover for each other. This comes off as a veiled threat. Since you want charges we want to push this.
                                                Just my feeling here.

Last edited by Hollywood; 09-08-2015, 04:52 PM.

Comment

• BevoBo
                                                  Special Teams
                                                  • Apr 2015

Originally posted by Eagle82
                                                  Before forgiveness and second chances, there must be accountability.

Don't disagree at all. After that, life goes on. Do something positive and don't let it define you.

Comment

• Mustangman21
                                                    Practice Squad
                                                    • Sep 2015

I noticed Horns hasn't been around ever since his bubble was popped because I choose to live in the real world where excuses are prevalent, especially in those that are teenagers. They know they f*cked up, but instead of owning up and admitting to their fault. They were obviously taught to blame, blame, blame. Even if the guy did say something awful and out of line that doesn't give you the right to get violent. An eye for an eye makes the world blind. Anyways I've said my piece.

Comment

• Hollywood
                                                      Special Teams
                                                      • Aug 2015

In defense of svhorns, I understand where he was coming from. For all we knew someone was just starting some crap by suggesting this slur business. I felt the same. But looking back this actually makes way too much sense in our current culture.

Comment

• svhorns
                                                        All State
                                                        • Apr 2015

Originally posted by Mustangman21
                                                        I noticed Horns hasn't been around ever since his bubble was popped because I choose to live in the real world where excuses are prevalent, especially in those that are teenagers. They know they f*cked up, but instead of owning up and admitting to their fault. They were obviously taught to blame, blame, blame. Even if the guy did say something awful and out of line that doesn't give you the right to get violent. An eye for an eye makes the world blind. Anyways I've said my piece.

Lol, were you thinking about me Mustangman? My bubble wouldn't pop for something like this. 2 kids did a bad thing and they should be punished. I wan't to see how far they run with the race card. I haven't seen anything specific regarding what the ref said or if he said anything at all. Either way, if these kids will do this to a ref, in front of hundreds, lord knows what they'll do to someone on the street if something similar happens.

This article clearly states that an assistant coach felt they were cheated and advised the players that the ref must pay.

Northside ISD superintendent Brian Woods said Tuesday that Breed allegedly told players “that guy needs to pay for cheating us.”

Northside ISD has placed Jay football assistant Mack Breed on paid administrative leave after an attack on a referee at Jay’s football game last week, district officials announced on Tuesday.

Northside ISD superintendent Brian Woods said Tuesday that Breed allegedly told players “that guy needs to pay for cheating us.”The 29-year-old, who oversees Jay’s defensive backs, was removed from his position per district protocol as NISD continues to investigate an incident in which two players tackled and speared umpire Robert Watts in the final minute of last Friday’s loss at Marble Falls. Breed was hired in 2010 and is a Jay graduate.

Four Jay players were ejected from Friday’s game. Senior Mike Moreno and sophomore Victor Rojas were the two players involved in the attack on Watts.
                                                        The district said both players will face a disciplinary hearing and the incident will be treated as an assault on a school official. The Marble Falls Police Department said Tuesday it was presenting a final investigation to a Burnet County prosecutor, who will determine if charges should be filed.
                                                        The University Interscholastic League’s State Executive Committee will meet at 10 a.m. Wednesday to hear a report on alleged UIL rules violations,according to a release issued Tuesday afternoon.
                                                        NISD officials said the players have said they were subjected to racial slurs during the game and that the district will file a complaint with the Texas Association of Sports Officials.
                                                        The school is not planning to cancel the football season. The Mustangs play Del Rio at 7:30 p.m. Friday at Gustfaston.
                                                        The Associated Press contributed to this report.

Comment

• svhorns
                                                          All State
                                                          • Apr 2015

Can't say I disagree. Law enforcement is getting a bad rap these days for coming off as hot heads. Hiring someone who literally attacked an official, someone who polices the game of football, to become a police offer, talk about irony. As much as we like to think people grow up and change for the better, old habits die hard.

Lets just hope NISD officials handle it better than the Trinity and HEBISD officials.

Comment

• mojotrain
                                                            2nd Team
                                                            • Jun 2015

http://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/...3611?cid=sm_fb

I think the school is playing up the racial slur way too much at this point. Seems to be deflecting. I am not saying it should not be investigated.
                                                            It just seems to be the focus. I also know how teenagers can cover for each other. This comes off as a veiled threat. Since you want charges we want to push this.
                                                            Just my feeling here.
                                                            I may not have heard correctly but on local news but I think it was said they are planning on filing a suit against the official. If true, it will be known tomorrow.

Comment

• sTp
                                                              1st Team
                                                              • Apr 2015

I may not have heard correctly but on local news but I think it was said they are planning on filing a suit against the official. If true, it will be known tomorrow.
                                                              I'm no lawyer but I don't see how that could hold up in a court of law. It's all hearsay unless someone got a recording of what the official allegedly said.

Comment

Working...