Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • SanAngeloBobcat
    Practice Squad
    • Jun 2015

I saw on Twitter the official enrollment snapshot day is October 30. Always new schools opening in the metroplex, but they usually start as 5A. It will be interesting to see if any of the current metroplex 5A's move to 6A. The typical number of schools in 6A is 245

Comment

• SanAngeloBobcat
      Practice Squad
      • Jun 2015

Originally posted by mike03car

Is the count day the week prior to Sunday the 10th?

Wallar said he heard AHS was close to 2100 this year.

More schools have opened up in the MetroMess, yes/no?

If so, then the cutoff likely to drop some because the top xxx (265?) school enrollments are 6A, yes/no?
      I saw UIL official tweet that the official enrollment snapshot date is October 30. There are almost always new schools opening in the metroplex but they usually open as 5A. The typical number of schools in 6A is 245

Comment

• mike03car
        Special Teams
        • Aug 2015

Originally posted by SanAngeloBobcat

I saw UIL official tweet that the official enrollment snapshot date is October 30. There are almost always new schools opening in the metroplex but they usually open as 5A. The typical number of schools in 6A is 245
        My guess is whether or not those new schools effect the current 6A schools and those numbers in the MetroMess just depends on where they all are. They could pull from current 6A's or they could pull from other ones not as big, so it's hard to speculate how that might effect the top 245 that remain/become 6A.

Comment

• Super B
          All District
          • Apr 2015

Good chance several Mansfield ISD schools move up. They will add one more HS but are a few years away. That will be down Rendon way so it will take from Legacy. All but Summit have a good chance to move up from what I am hearing.
          Super B

Comment

• mike03car
            Special Teams
            • Aug 2015

Originally posted by SanAngeloBobcat

That date was confirmed at our Booster Luncheon today. Also, Coach Cox said our on campus numbers are right around 2050, which doesn't count for the good amount (100-200? I am guessing on how many) out in the technical schools that also will be added to AHS's numbers by the UIL which will put us comfortably above the cutoff according to Coach. I guess that also means unless the cutoff jumps to 2300+

Comment

• Super B
              All District
              • Apr 2015

Aledo will very likely be 6A in the next few realignments. NOT the next one, but maybe by 2020, possibly 2018. There is a massive mixed use development going up just north of Aledo proper. Most of it sits within Aledo ISD.
              Super B

Comment

• Super B
                All District
                • Apr 2015

Northwest ISD just opened their third HS, V.R.Eaton HS in Haslet. It will likely take more from Northwest HS than Byron Nelson. Northwest was up around 3,000 though. Still, I am not sure what effect it will have on the enrollment at the other two schools, since they are starting with 9-10 and will add 11 in year two and 12 in year four. Then by the time it has 9-12, all three HS will probably be back up to 6A numbers.
                Super B

Comment

• Eagle82
                  All District
                  • Apr 2015

Abilene High turned in 2,265 today.

Comment

Working...