X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SanAngeloBobcat
    replied
    Originally posted by Shady12

Well that's good news.

RL if 6A went to DI and DII about what do you think the enrollment cutoff between the two would be?
    The projections I've seen of a possible DI and DII split have used somewhere around 2800 as the cutoff, so most projections have had San Angelo in DI with the Midland and Odessa schools. The problem area out here is El Paso--they have only 7 total 6A teams, so if they split those between 2 divisions, some EP schools will have to join our district. No thank you 😩

Leave a comment:

• SanAngeloBobcat
    replied
    Originally posted by Eagle82
    Never too early to start talking about this. October something is the official count day.

For those of you (us) who was thinking Abilene may drop to 5A, looks very doubtful as we have around 200 or so more than we had last year this time.
    That's encouraging news. I hope district 2 can hang on to their 5 teams too so none of us has to join the Amarillo schools and make those long drives in every sport.

Leave a comment:

• Eagle82
    replied
    Originally posted by Warbird_Dad

Whew....that's the best thing I've heard all week..!!
    Well it's not written in stone.

Abilene High could do what Wylie does and allow all students with 5 letters in the last name to take a day off from school on count day!

Ok, no, they don't actually do that, or do they?

Leave a comment:

• Warbird_Dad
    replied
    Never too early to start talking about this. October something is the official count day.

For those of you (us) who was thinking Abilene may drop to 5A, looks very doubtful as we have around 200 or so more than we had last year this time.
    Whew....that's the best thing I've heard all week..!!

Leave a comment:

• Shady12
    replied

Well that's good news.

RL if 6A went to DI and DII about what do you think the enrollment cutoff between the two would be?

Leave a comment:

• Eagle82
    replied
    Originally posted by RocklandDragon

We'll have to see if Lubbock Monterey stays above the cutoff. As far as I know, Monterey has grown more than expected (decent sized classes from Evans, Atkins and even O.L. Slaton middle school are keeping Monterey growing). Another key is that Estacado has been losing students to the other LISD schools. A few have gone to Monterey.

Since Abilene n Monterey should stay up, they might keep the status quo for our area in 6A and 5A. Five and six team districts aren't ideal for the UIL but it really helps alleviate the travel costs for our ISDs in every sport. The round of realignment in 2018, when there could be DI and DII for 5A and 6A, is when it will be interesting. Will the UIL stick with their max 245 schools?

Somehow, I think Abilene Wylie stays in 4A DI.
    That's the word on the street, for this round anyways. Members talking about move-in's, etc. Wylie seems to get them all and have gotten some pretty good ones the past couple of years. Cooper will more than likely stay 5A for quite sometime.

Leave a comment:

• RocklandDragon
    replied

We'll have to see if Lubbock Monterey stays above the cutoff. As far as I know, Monterey has grown more than expected (decent sized classes from Evans, Atkins and even O.L. Slaton middle school are keeping Monterey growing). Another key is that Estacado has been losing students to the other LISD schools. A few have gone to Monterey.

Since Abilene n Monterey should stay up, they might keep the status quo for our area in 6A and 5A. Five and six team districts aren't ideal for the UIL but it really helps alleviate the travel costs for our ISDs in every sport. The round of realignment in 2018, when there could be DI and DII for 5A and 6A, is when it will be interesting. Will the UIL stick with their max 245 schools?

Somehow, I think Abilene Wylie stays in 4A DI.

Leave a comment:

• Eagle82
    started a topic The 2016 UIL Realignment Thread

The 2016 UIL Realignment Thread

Working...