X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • BevoBo
    Special Teams
    • Apr 2015

Originally posted by svhorns

I completely understood what he said. Thanks for trying to clear it up though, he really is foggy when it comes to football discussions. The point I was trying to bring up is the drop off from the 6A to 5A level when speaking about the top teams in each classification isn't as significant as he might think. Case in point SV, SLC, and Steele who I left off in my original statement. You also have to remember the enrollment cut off lines dip in some years which allows schools to get the opportunity to get to play at the largest classification without adding students.

If you were apart of the boards when SV and SLC moved up to 5A SLC caught a lot of grief from other fans who said they wouldn't be able to handle 5A ball. I also remember Trinity fans having the largest contingent regarding the negativity towards SLC when they made the jump. My point is legitimate and if it wasn't Lake Travis wouldn't have had to endure the same type of crucifixion.
    I think anybody can beat anybody on a given day, 5A vs. 6A or Cal vs. Tx vs. FL or whatever. The law of average says 6A more often. Texas and Cal and FL... Who knows? I'm a Texan, so I say Texas. Can I prove it.....No. If Trinity beats DLS, will that prove it....No. It's one game, but I'll have fun with it nonetheless.

I don't think last year's Aledo team was among their best in the 5, probably the weakest IMO. I'm not saying this too help those grieving over the Amat spanking or a Tx vs. Cal debate. It happened. Those who use it, get to brag. That's about it.

You can betcha I'll be using my bragging rights if Trinity wins! If not, Cal/DLS guys will be using theirs and that will be their right.To the winner go the spoils!

I wasn't around SLC move to 5A, but we former 5A, now 6A boys like to beat our chest time to time, especially in the comfort of our home anonymously behind a key board. Don't take it to hard, its probably a 6A initiation thing like the Cowboys/NFL do with rookies. IDK...
    Last edited by BevoBo; 08-07-2015, 10:31 PM.

Comment

• TrojanHorse03
      Special Teams
      • Apr 2015

If you were apart of the boards when SV and SLC moved up to 5A SLC caught a lot of grief from other fans who said they wouldn't be able to handle 5A ball. I also remember Trinity fans having the largest contingent regarding the negativity towards SLC when they made the jump.
      No, they weren't. You're welcome to names and hang yourself on that lie.
      Last edited by TrojanHorse03; 08-07-2015, 02:55 PM.

Comment

• svhorns
        All State
        • Apr 2015

Originally posted by TrojanHorse03

No, they weren't. You're welcome to names and hang yourself on that lie.
        Dynamite drop in. Yes you guys were. Care to disprove it? Based on my memory that's how I remember it. You were probably too busy with all the cheap shot videos though.

Comment

• svhorns
          All State
          • Apr 2015

Originally posted by BevoBo

I think anybody can't beat anybody on a given day, 5A vs. 6A or Cal vs. Tx vs. FL or whatever. The law of average says 6A more often. Texas and Cal and FL... Who knows? I'm a Texan, so I say Texas. Can I prove it.....No. If Trinity beats DLS, will that prove it....No. It's one game, but I'll have fun with it nonetheless.

I don't think last year's Aledo team was among their best in the 5, probably the weakest IMO. I'm not saying this too help those grieving over the Amat spanking or a Tx vs. Cal debate. It happened. Those who use it, get to brag. That's about it.

You can betcha I'll be using my bragging rights if Trinity wins! If not, Cal/DLS guys will be using theirs and that will be their right.To the winner go the spoils!

I wasn't around SLC move to 5A, but we former 5A, now 6A boys like to beat our chest time to time, especially in the comfort of our home anonymously behind a key board. Don't take it to hard, its probably a 6A initiation thing like the Cowboys/NFL do with rookies. IDK...
          The whole argument here was when Super threw out a 30-40 range ranking for Aledo which is absurd he also stated everyone was in agreement with him. He gets called out then changes his tune on Aledo's ranking now he won't answer my question on why he threw out that terrible ranking for Aledo. He was trying to prove a point that the Bishop Amat 42-7 beating they handed Aledo wasn't impressive and threw out erroneous info. His discussion tactics were poor by trying to make things up to fit his argument. Different topic, same song and dance from him.

I agree with your post in its entirety. It's obvious you take a more open minded stance and have the ability to take in information. I'll be rooting for Trinity when I watch the game on TV.

Comment

• TrojanHorse03
            Special Teams
            • Apr 2015

Dynamite drop in. Yes you guys were. Care to disprove it? Based on my memory that's how I remember it. You were probably too busy with all the cheap shot videos though.
            The onus isn't on me to prove it. You're the one that lied, name names.

Comment

• Farmer
              All District
              • Apr 2015

I'll come clean. In 2002 when SLC came up to 5A I was a huge critic. Especially after their mom district wins were against the likes of Sherman and Waxahachie and others. I then saw them dismantle Marcus at Goldsmith stadium and became convinced real quick. I even said on the old board before they played Cooper in Abilene in the 3rd round it wold be a rout and it was.

I Don't know what that means but on the old board I was the first non SLC fan to eat crow and see what they had

Comment

• svhorns
                All State
                • Apr 2015

The onus isn't on me to prove it. You're the one that lied, name names.
                I didn't lie. My memory is what I have to go by and thus that is what I will go by. I can't remember names from 13 years ago let alone screen names. I'm not a robot where my information is stored in data servers or hard drives accessible at the the drop of a dime. What I do remember is Trinity fans bumping their gums to SLC. Calling me a liar isn't going to make me misremember what I remember. You're going to disagree with me, that's cool, here's a cookie.

Comment

• TrojanHorse03
                  Special Teams
                  • Apr 2015

I didn't lie. My memory is what I have to go by and thus that is what I will go by. I can't remember names from 13 years ago let alone screen names.
                  That's what I thought. It was mostly 7-5A fans giving Southlake crap when they moved up you got that confused for 2005-2006 that one was on Trinity fans.

Comment

• Farmer
                    All District
                    • Apr 2015

I'm going to stick up for THe Trinity fans here. It was not them that had a lot of negative things to say. In fact they didn't really say much about SLC until 2005 when both teams won state. It was at that time a rivalry started because we were all interested in if Trinity could give SLC a game and slow them down enough to win.

In 2005 a lot of SLC fans actually spoke out against Teinity because Trinity lost to SGP 28-21 in a district game. At that time the SLC fans were saying Trinity couldn't play with them and SLC would easily beat Trinity.

2006 came and that is what shut a lot of SLC fans up and that is the year Trinitu gained the respect they deserved.

Not sure if this post means a whole lot but this is how i remember it

Comment

• svhorns
                      All State
                      • Apr 2015

Originally posted by Farmer
                      I'll come clean. In 2002 when SLC came up to 5A I was a huge critic. Especially after their mom district wins were against the likes of Sherman and Waxahachie and others. I then saw them dismantle Marcus at Goldsmith stadium and became convinced real quick. I even said on the old board before they played Cooper in Abilene in the 3rd round it wold be a rout and it was.

I Don't know what that means but on the old board I was the first non SLC fan to eat crow and see what they had
                      Naturally everyone is a critic when you have a school probably doing some talking to the big boys, in this case SLC, they were doing their fair share of talking. The big boys bark back with "you didnt play anyone in your measly low class football."

Next thing we know SLC shut everyone up and now they're one of the big boys. Lake Travis hasn't had the same success as SLC but they are a great program who has the ability to be in the top 10 in big boy football. I believe it was the 2008 Lake Travis team who could have easily played in 5A that year who could've easily reproduced their state championship at tat level.

Comment

• svhorns
                        All State
                        • Apr 2015

That's what I thought. It was mostly 7-5A fans giving Southlake crap when they moved up you got that confused for 2005-2006 that one was on Trinity fans.
                        Guess I'm wrong here my bad Trinity fans.

Comment

• TrojanHorse03
                          Special Teams
                          • Apr 2015

I'm going to stick up for THe Trinity fans here. It was not them that had a lot of negative things to say. In fact they didn't really say much about SLC until 2005 when both teams won state. It was at that time a rivalry started because we were all interested in if Trinity could give SLC a game and slow them down enough to win.

In 2005 a lot of SLC fans actually spoke out against Teinity because Trinity lost to SGP 28-21 in a district game. At that time the SLC fans were saying Trinity couldn't play with them and SLC would easily beat Trinity.

2006 came and that is what shut a lot of SLC fans up and that is the year Trinitu gained the respect they deserved.

Not sure if this post means a whole lot but this is how i remember it
                          Yeah, Trinity fans are definitely guilty of talking their fair share of **** back to Southlake fans in 2005. One of the 5a Texas football threads I remember most was titled some thing to the effect of 'Trinity would hand Southlake it's ass on a silver platter'. I had to spend days on that thread...defending Southlake bcs some Trinity fans did get carried away not that I didn't talk some much milder trash myself. Southlake posters paid us back with one of the most vicious hit threads I've ever seen on a team to this day after Trinity lost to SGP. I can't remember the name of that thread but it should serve as a lesson on humility for Trinity fans to this day.
                          Last edited by TrojanHorse03; 08-07-2015, 04:54 PM.

Comment

• TrojanHorse03
                            Special Teams
                            • Apr 2015

No harm done. You make a lot of good points and we're all getting old.

Comment

• Admin
                              TX HS Football Talk
                              • Mar 2015

Excuse me but I'm trying to take a nap over here but with all this heat, it's impossible!

we-interrupt-this-program.jpg

Comment

• svhorns
                                All State
                                • Apr 2015

Originally posted by Admin
                                Excuse me but I'm trying to take a nap over here but with all this heat, it's impossible!

[ATTACH=CONFIG]n6577[/ATTACH]
                                Hahaha wait until the season rolls around.

Comment

• Farmer
                                  All District
                                  • Apr 2015

the SLC fans weren't Saints I. 2002-2006. They were fun to engage with.

Please keep eel posting though.

Before SLC fans thought it was cool to be a Trinitu fan. I was on the old board

Comment

• Farmer
                                    All District
                                    • Apr 2015

Yeah, Trinity fans are definitely guilty of talking their fair share of **** back to Southlake fans in 2005. One of the 5a Texas football threads I remember most was titled some thing to the effect of 'Trinity would hand Southlake it's ass on a silver platter'. I had to spend days on that thread...defending Southlake bcs some Trinity fans did get carried away not that I didn't talk some much milder trash myself. Southlake posters paid us back with one of the most vicious hit threads I've ever seen on a team to this day after Trinity lost to SGP. I can't remember the name of that thread but it should serve as a lesson on humility for Trinity fans to this day.
                                    weren't those the days?

Comment

• TrojanHorse03
                                      Special Teams
                                      • Apr 2015

the SLC fans weren't Saints I. 2002-2006. They were fun to engage with.

Please keep eel posting though.

Before SLC fans thought it was cool to be a Trinitu fan. I was on the old board
                                      Hard to believe that was so long ago. Would anyone would of believed Allen would be on a run some compare to Southlake's if we had a time machine? Cheers to the old board and the new.

Comment

• Farmer
                                        All District
                                        • Apr 2015

Hard to believe that was so long ago. Would anyone would of believed Allen would be on a run some compare to Southlake's if we had a time machine? Cheers to the old board and the new.
                                        I think had we paid attention to the growth and the 1 HS aspect then yes. Allen was always the sleeping giant back in those days

Comment

• TrojanHorse03
                                          Special Teams
                                          • Apr 2015

I think had we paid attention to the growth and the 1 HS aspect then yes. Allen was always the sleeping giant back in those days
                                          Definitely.

Comment

• Farmer
                                            All District
                                            • Apr 2015

you're not wrong. After 2005 you're absolutely correct

Comment

Working...
                                            😀
                                            😂
                                            🥰
                                            😘
                                            🤢
                                            😎
                                            😞
                                            😡
                                            👍
                                            👎