X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Eagle2
    All District
    • Apr 2015

Originally posted by CHill

Nice try! Speaking to a person close to the program, this year has been no different then years past, five transfers and at least five departures. The biggest difference is the role the player will have to accept and buy into to be part of the team. A RB that makes the rotation in the backfield will average 6-8 carries a game which may be significantly less then what they're used too. WRs that play here have to be excellent down field blockers and be content with maybe 2-3 opportunities to catch a ball a game. The coaches can't control who shows up and enrolls, these players have go through the paperwork process with the DEC and if approve have very little time to impress the coaches before the first game.

Social media brings a lot attention to the schools where players transfer, especially the winning ones. The names that will bring attention this year have been here and through the program since middle school, A. Davis, J. Jackson and J. Stewart . Just be ready to play if you're team shows up on the schedule, because they will be!

Comment

• SLCbacker
      Special Teams
      • Apr 2015

Nice try! Speaking to a person close to the program, this year has been no different then years past, five transfers and at least five departures. The biggest difference is the role the player will have to accept and buy into to be part of the team. A RB that makes the rotation in the backfield will average 6-8 carries a game which may be significantly less then what they're used too. WRs that play here have to be excellent down field blockers and be content with maybe 2-3 opportunities to catch a ball a game. The coaches can't control who shows up and enrolls, these players have go through the paperwork process with the DEC and if approve have very little time to impress the coaches before the first game.

Social media brings a lot attention to the schools where players transfer, especially the winning ones. The names that will bring attention this year have been here and through the program since middle school, A. Davis, J. Jackson and J. Stewart . Just be ready to play if you're team shows up on the schedule, because they will be!
      I'm sure they will be there, just as long as your coach isn't driving the bus! ;p

Sorry. You asked for that one.

Comment

• SLCbacker
        Special Teams
        • Apr 2015

In all seriousness CHill, the perception of the I-20 corridor is that there is a lot of movement and transferring down there. It may not be more than usual, but the perception is fueled by a more than lenient DEC in 8-6A, several players following Samples to Dville, a pair of Woodrow Wilson standouts and a well known WTX RB arriving at CHill, and an enormous misinterpretation of Open Enrollment and how relates to illegal transfers..

Comment

• OakTreeOut-n-Up
          Special Teams
          • Apr 2015

I doubt the extra Katy fans will offset the drop off in Cedar Hill fans in D2.

UIL needs Allen to make it in D1.

Comment

• Eagle2
            All District
            • Apr 2015

Originally posted by OakTreeOut-n-Up

When the attendance drop at state games it won't because of DFW.

Comment

• slorch
              Practice Squad
              • Jul 2015

So which Katy fans are on the NFL scheduling committee?

LOlz. all in good fun.

I've long supported a rotation of venues. The big city school fans tend to be spoiled. Someone's gonna cry either way.

The small schools will strap on the pads anywhere and let it fly.

On a personal note, this is my first post on the site. thank you, to the friend( on the old site) for the shout.
              Last edited by slorch; 07-09-2015, 04:57 PM.

Comment

• Farmer
                All District
                • Apr 2015

Originally posted by Eagle2

When the attendance drop at state games it won't because of DFW.

the DFW sure didn't represent well when we had Steele and Dekaney playing in 2012. Pearland also brought more fans in 2011 than Trinity did. His point is beyond valid. Without Allen playing in the last 3 title games then the attendance numbers do not reach the upper 40s and into the 50s

Comment

• dada
                  2nd Team
                  • Apr 2015

Originally posted by Farmer

the DFW sure didn't represent well when we had Steele and Dekaney playing in 2012. Pearland also brought more fans in 2011 than Trinity did. His point is beyond valid. Without Allen playing in the last 3 title games then the attendance numbers do not reach the upper 40s and into the 50s
                  That's the point I'm trying to make......same with NRG...if no Houston teams are in the finals, attendance will drop. ATT had a lot of local teams to help boost attendance.

Comment

• Farmer
                    All District
                    • Apr 2015

Originally posted by dada

That's the point I'm trying to make......same with NRG...if no Houston teams are in the finals, attendance will drop. ATT had a lot of local teams to help boost attendance.

I hear what you're saying and in my opinion you're absolutely right. There are only a few teams in DFW who have a fan base that will travel in droves to Houston or San Antonio to watch their teams play. Allen, Carroll and Ennis. Outside of that not many would.

laat year WO-S brought a good crowd for an early Friday game. If a team from the golden triangle can get back to the title game I'm sure a lot from that part of the state would come out and watch.

I know Oak remembers this but one of the most impressive crowds I've ever seen at a state title game was the 4A division 2 title game in 1999 at the Astrodome between Stephenville and PNG. It literally doubled the crowd that was on hand for the earlier game by Garland and Katy.

Comment

• Farmer
                      All District
                      • Apr 2015

Originally posted by slorch
                      So which Katy fans are on the NFL scheduling committee?

LOlz. all in good fun.

I've long supported a rotation of venues. The big city school fans tend to be spoiled. Someone's gonna cry either way.

The small schools will strap on the pads anywhere and let it fly.

On a personal note, this is my first post on the site. thank you, to the friend( on the old site) for the shout.

it's about time you made it over here. Good to see ya. Going to listen to some Steve Earle tonight

Comment

• OakTreeOut-n-Up
                        Special Teams
                        • Apr 2015

I know Oak remembers this but one of the most impressive crowds I've ever seen at a state title game was the 4A division 2 title game in 1999 at the Astrodome between Stephenville and PNG. It literally doubled the crowd that was on hand for the earlier game by Garland and Katy.
                        Yep, I used to have some pictures of that game that were arguably just as impressive (or more) as the famous SLC/Trinity crowd from Texas Stadium, given the sizes of the towns. Maybe Stephenville will drive down to support Cedar Hill's new RB and give the numbers a boost.

Comment

• Farmer
                          All District
                          • Apr 2015

Yep, I used to have some pictures of that game that were arguably just as impressive (or more) as the famous SLC/Trinity crowd from Texas Stadium, given the sizes of the towns. Maybe Stephenville will drive down to support Cedar Hill's new RB and give the numbers a boost.

there used to be a website that had that picture but I can't find it anymore. To put this bluntly, Houston had a shot to host a double header in 1999 and it was the DFW team who disappointed in the attendance.

When Stephenville and Port Neches Grove kicked off the 1999 4A division 2 title game they did so with 49,000 in the stands. This more than doubled what the 5A Divison 2 game brought in.

I I know a lot of yall do not Remember this game or knew it even existed but this game shows that the GHA will show up like the DFW has if the right teams were playing.

Comment

• CHill
                            1st Team
                            • Apr 2015

Originally posted by SLCbacker

I'm sure they will be there, just as long as your coach isn't driving the bus! ;p

Sorry. You asked for that one.

That's a good one! They will have to stay with charter buses.

Comment

• CHill
                              1st Team
                              • Apr 2015

Should have been in San Antonio 06, CH shows up for SC games!

Comment

• CHill
                                1st Team
                                • Apr 2015

In all seriousness CHill, the perception of the I-20 corridor is that there is a lot of movement and transferring down there. It may not be more than usual, but the perception is fueled by a more than lenient DEC in 8-6A, several players following Samples to Dville, a pair of Woodrow Wilson standouts and a well known WTX RB arriving at CHill, and an enormous misinterpretation of Open Enrollment and how relates to illegal transfers..

Perception is one thing, but their hasn't been a transfer in the last three years that made a major impact on the success of the team. The problem has been DEC not upholding the rules of the UIL on the transfers of these kids and the common sense for the move that fans like are self can see through it. The Sville RB, I can say is very legit after finding out his grandfather is the RB coach there. Mom finally got her degree and teaching certification and was unable to get job there. Unfortunately the backfield is already loaded and J. Jackson that's also a junior is the #1 back and has already 8 high D1 offers. The two kids from Wilson that are juniors is very suspect and are facing the situation, because the WRs that are in place also have D1 offers. The deaf one nickname speedy has already been told he will be move to defense and will have to compete for playing time. He will most likely be on JV red to learn the system and get reps and if he does well, be added to the team once the POs start. These kids are not playing in the 7 on 7 games!

What happen to SLC going 0-3 in pool play yesterday?

Comment

• Eagle2
                                  All District
                                  • Apr 2015

Perception is one thing, but their hasn't been a transfer in the last three years that made a major impact on the success of the team. The problem has been DEC not upholding the rules of the UIL on the transfers of these kids and the common sense for the move that fans like are self can see through it. The Sville RB, I can say is very legit after finding out his grandfather is the RB coach there. Mom finally got her degree and teaching certification and was unable to get job there. Unfortunately the backfield is already loaded and J. Jackson that's also a junior is the #1 back and has already 8 high D1 offers. The two kids from Wilson that are juniors is very suspect and are facing the situation, because the WRs that are in place also have D1 offers. The deaf one nickname speedy has already been told he will be move to defense and will have to compete for playing time. He will most likely be on JV red to learn the system and get reps and if he does well, be added to the team once the POs start. These kids are not playing in the 7 on 7 games!

Spot on.

Comment

• svhorns
                                    All State
                                    • Apr 2015

Jaylon Jackson is playing RB or is that a different J. Jackson?

Comment

• SLCbacker
                                      Special Teams
                                      • Apr 2015

No QB for SLC. Montana Murphey is out with an injury.

Good clarity on the situation at CHill. Do you know how many transfers are pending at Dville?

Comment

• Eagle2
                                        All District
                                        • Apr 2015

No QB for SLC. Montana Murphey is out with an injury.

Good clarity on the situation at CHill. Do you know how many transfers are pending at Dville?
                                        1 for sure.

Comment

• Farmer
                                          All District
                                          • Apr 2015

Should have been in San Antonio 06, CH shows up for SC games!

no they don't. That crowd was less than 12k and Chill maybe took up the seats between the 35 yard lines if that. Cedar hill does not have a large crowd ever

Comment

• Defense Wins Championship
                                            Practice Squad
                                            • Jun 2015

Houston will be a nice change...there's plenty of fans that will attend the games!

Comment

• Eagle2
                                              All District
                                              • Apr 2015

Stephen Jones thinks title games will return to Jerry World: In particular, the Cowboys COO was asked about the UIL 11-man state title games being moved to Houston this year and the possibility of those games being moved back to AT&T Stadium in Arlington.
                                              His answer via Dallas Morning News reporter Sean Lester:
                                              “I think we will (get the games back),” Jones said. “We want them back. We certainly don’t take it for granted. It’s huge for AT&T Stadium having those young football players out there. Inevitably there are going to be some playing out there that end up playing for the Cowboys and playing on Sundays. It’s very important for us to continue the tradition of having those games there and we’ll do everything we can to get them back.”
                                              source: DMN

Comment

• dada
                                                2nd Team
                                                • Apr 2015

Originally posted by Eagle2
                                                Stephen Jones thinks title games will return to Jerry World: In particular, the Cowboys COO was asked about the UIL 11-man state title games being moved to Houston this year and the possibility of those games being moved back to AT&T Stadium in Arlington.
                                                His answer via Dallas Morning News reporter Sean Lester:
                                                “I think we will (get the games back),” Jones said. “We want them back. We certainly don’t take it for granted. It’s huge for AT&T Stadium having those young football players out there. Inevitably there are going to be some playing out there that end up playing for the Cowboys and playing on Sundays. It’s very important for us to continue the tradition of having those games there and we’ll do everything we can to get them back.”
                                                source: DMN

We get it...DFW> any other city in Texas

Comment

• CHill
                                                  1st Team
                                                  • Apr 2015

You might be surprise, reference 2006 S.A SC game.

Comment

• CHill
                                                    1st Team
                                                    • Apr 2015

Originally posted by dada
                                                    We get it...DFW> any other city in Texas

Yes, they will continue as of next year of hosting the SC games, as everyone knows, this is about Cowboy's (Jones) tradition. Plus it's asking to much for the for the next SCs from R1 to have to ride on buses and all the inconveniences they will have to deal with, lack of locker rooms and playing on a field full of trays (natural grass) that if they step the wrong way, you can suffer an injury. But as a fan I'm happy, I've already book my reservations at the The Ball Park Inn across from Minute Maid Park. My favorite place in Houston to stay, if you haven't been there, the rooms are like suites and you should try it some time regardless where you are from.

Comment

• Lilbradford
                                                      Practice Squad
                                                      • Jul 2015

Yes, they will continue as of next year of hosting the SC games, as everyone knows, this is about Cowboy's (Jones) tradition. Plus it's asking to much for the for the next SCs from R1 to have to ride on buses and all the inconveniences they will have to deal with, lack of locker rooms and playing on a field full of trays (natural grass) that if they step the wrong way, you can suffer an injury. But as a fan I'm happy, I've already book my reservations at the The Ball Park Inn across from Minute Maid Park. My favorite place in Houston to stay, if you haven't been there, the rooms are like suites and you should try it some time regardless where you are from.

Dude...you realize there is artificial turf rolled out for high school games at NRG now right? The grass is long gone.

Comment

• CHill
                                                        1st Team
                                                        • Apr 2015

Originally posted by Lilbradford

Dude...you realize there is artificial turf rolled out for high school games at NRG now right? The grass is long gone.

Yes, just a little humor! Looking forward to the games there and with some luck maybe my team can be a part of it.

Comment

• Lilbradford
                                                          Practice Squad
                                                          • Jul 2015

Yes, just a little humor! Looking forward to the games there and with some luck maybe my team can be a part of it.

I'm down for a 3rd rematch lol how crazy would that be?

Comment

• Farmer
                                                            All District
                                                            • Apr 2015

You might be surprise, reference 2006 S.A SC game.

in the first 40 seconds of this video you can get a glimpse of the crowd cedar hill brought to the Alamodome. it was not a large crowd at all on their side

Comment

• CHill
                                                              1st Team
                                                              • Apr 2015

in the first 40 seconds of this video you can get a glimpse of the crowd cedar hill brought to the Alamodome. it was not a large crowd at all on their side

http://youtu.be/zQhJtpRYhzY

And you're point is? Cedar Hill with a town of 27k at that time represented it self well at that time. The difference in these SC games are who comes to the games outside of the teams that are playing. Like Stephen Jones said just the other day, the games will return to AT&T and probably he's right if the revenues take a hit. I personally will attend SC games whether my team is there or not and always have in the past 12 years. The question is will R3 folks outside of who playing, show-up.
                                                              Last edited by CHill; 07-24-2015, 10:21 AM.

Comment

Working...