X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • sTp
    1st Team
    • Apr 2015

Originally posted by Admin
    Being the great little community we are, perhaps it could lead up to some meets. I will say I appreciate all of you and your participation, can't thank you enough!
    The thank you goes to you and whoever helped you set this up. Talk about a sigh of relief.

I watched Farmer get banned from the old board and then svhorns left not a handful of days later. Talk about PISSED!! I was done. Thankfully I stayed long enough for JagFan and Hebron0608 to invite me to this new board.

I couldn't be more happy, so much nicer. Thanks again for the invite..

Comment

• Farmer
      All District
      • Apr 2015

Originally posted by sTp

The thank you goes to you and whoever helped you set this up. Talk about a sigh of relief.

I watched Farmer get banned from the old board and then svhorns left not a handful of days later. Talk about PISSED!! I was done. Thankfully I stayed long enough for JagFan and Hebron0608 to invite me to this new board.

I couldn't be more happy, so much nicer. Thanks again for the invite..
      This board is a welcome site for sure. I've never seen a site administrator talk to a member the way dawg did to SV horns in that uniform thread. SV posted a funny picture and dawg blew up. Very unprofessional on his part IMO. Not saying my response to dawg was professional because it wasn't and it deserved the banning but I cold care less.
      This site is run like a message board and not a 3rd world dictatorship like that one is

Comment

• Pepper Brooks
        Practice Squad
        • May 2015

Originally posted by Farmer

This board is a welcome site for sure. I've never seen a site administrator talk to a member the way dawg did to SV horns in that uniform thread. SV posted a funny picture and dawg blew up. Very unprofessional on his part IMO. Not saying my response to dawg was professional because it wasn't and it deserved the banning but I cold care less.
        This site is run like a message board and not a 3rd world dictatorship like that one is
        I went over there for the very 1st time and found the thread you are talking about. All I can say is...WOW!! If he treats people like that, that board will continue to have major problems.

Comment

• Farmer
          All District
          • Apr 2015

Originally posted by Pepper Brooks

I went over there for the very 1st time and found the thread you are talking about. All I can say is...WOW!! If he treats people like that, that board will continue to have major problems.
          That's why this place is a welcome site. No threats of being sued lol.
          Has anybody actually ever been sued over something posted on a message board?

Comment

• Super B
            All District
            • Apr 2015

That's why this place is a welcome site. No threats of being sued lol.
            Has anybody actually ever been sued over something posted on a message board?
            It wouldn't surprise me, but still, it must be a 1 in 1,000,000,000 possibility. Then again that is why they have the TOS, which usually address that issue. Something to the effect of, -you shouldn't post copywriter material- and -although effort is made, the admins and mods cannot catch everything or guarentee inappropriate material won't be posted-.

If he was seriously worried about, he was being super paranoid.
            Super B

Comment

• Hebron0608
              Special Teams
              • Apr 2015

Originally from Robstown, so I follow the Cotton Pickers. That usually doesn't last long except for baseball season. My girls went to Hebron so I do follow all sports Hebron, then LISD. And since Robstown and Hebron haven't done much lately in football my fall-back team is the Cameron Yoeman. My dad graduated from there so I do have a tenuous connection.

Comment

• Pepper Brooks
                Practice Squad
                • May 2015

Originally posted by Hebron0608
                Originally from Robstown, so I follow the Cotton Pickers. That usually doesn't last long except for baseball season. My girls went to Hebron so I do follow all sports Hebron, then LISD. And since Robstown and Hebron haven't done much lately in football my fall-back team is the Cameron Yoeman. My dad graduated from there so I do have a tenuous connection.
                Robstown Cotton Pickers one of the coolest nicknames out there.

Comment

• Hebron0608
                  Special Teams
                  • Apr 2015

Originally posted by Pepper Brooks
                  Robstown Cotton Pickers one of the coolest nicknames out there.
                  Usually have to pay double for that kind of action, Cotton.

This one of those movies that I watch and can recite the dialog along with them.

Comment

• Pepper Brooks
                    Practice Squad
                    • May 2015

Originally posted by Hebron0608

Usually have to pay double for that kind of action, Cotton.

This one of those movies that I watch and can recite the dialog along with them.
                    my favorite is. "They're definitely not on the court, Cotton. Their absence is noticeable."

Comment

• Hebron0608
                      Special Teams
                      • Apr 2015

We'll have to see if that strategy pays off for them.

Comment

• 1AllenFan
                        Practice Squad
                        • Apr 2015

Transplant from South Carolina (Dutch Fork), moved to Allen back in 2001. Best thing: the whole TX HSFB thing, just happened for me, where I went to a game in 2001 and couldn't believe what I had seen (the total spectacle of it all). Never seen so many people, so many coaches, so much.. everything. Thought it had to be some huge special rivalry game. I asked someone and they said, "nope... normal stuff".

Then to see a town completely root for their guys, and have a genuine interest, was very cool and special. Believe me, you don't get that everywhere: grew up in South Florida, and they're just not that into it, and also have great teams with very poor attendance, etc. In all candor, it's hard to put in words, how this whole thing can sneak up on you... very special.

Comment

• 93streak
                          Special Teams
                          • Apr 2015

Grew up in Commerce so follow them ( not what they used to be) now i reside in Manvel where my son plays. I follow most of the houston area closely.

Comment

• svhorns
                            All State
                            • Apr 2015

Originally posted by sTp

This is exactly why I started this thread. All this time I had just assumed you were in the New Braunfels area.

So do you get to follow St. Thomas Aquinas or Booker T. Washington, if not a few others? Miami Northwest? No doubt there are some more powerhouses down there but those were the first few that came to mind.
                            I follow the MIA teams in the sense of checking max preps and local websites. I live closest to Killian HS in SW Miami. STA is going to be scary good this year. As far as Booker T. and Miami Northwestern go I don't live anywhere near those places as most of it is section 8 and not in the best neighborhoods. Northwestern has lost a little bit of their luster the talent pool isn't as large as it has been in years past. Miami Central and Booker T. are the big men on campus at the moment.

Comment

• Farmer
                              All District
                              • Apr 2015

Originally posted by 1AllenFan
                              Transplant from South Carolina (Dutch Fork), moved to Allen back in 2001. Best thing: the whole TX HSFB thing, just happened for me, where I went to a game in 2001 and couldn't believe what I had seen (the total spectacle of it all). Never seen so many people, so many coaches, so much.. everything. Thought it had to be some huge special rivalry game. I asked someone and they said, "nope... normal stuff".

Then to see a town completely root for their guys, and have a genuine interest, was very cool and special. Believe me, you don't get that everywhere: grew up in South Florida, and they're just not that into it, and also have great teams with very poor attendance, etc. In all candor, it's hard to put in words, how this whole thing can sneak up on you... very special.
                              South Carolina plays good football for a not so big stage. They always produce some quality players .
                              I've never seen a game in South Carolina but I have attended games in Georgia in Oconnee Countu as well as Hart County. Oconnee has a solid crowd but was lost when they built North Oconnee around 2007.
                              Camden Co, Colquit Co as well as Valdosta and Lowndes all have huge followings. I would say they are as passionate in Georgia about their HS football as you will find anywhere else

Comment

• Farmer
                                All District
                                • Apr 2015

Originally posted by svhorns

I follow the MIA teams in the sense of checking max preps and local websites. I live closest to Killian HS in SW Miami. STA is going to be scary good this year. As far as Booker T. and Miami Northwestern go I don't live anywhere near those places as most of it is section 8 and not in the best neighborhoods. Northwestern has lost a little bit of their luster the talent pool isn't as large as it has been in years past. Miami Central and Booker T. are the big men on campus at the moment.
                                I remember watching BTw play Norcross,Ga on TV 2 years ago and was blown away by how good they were. Very talented but also very well coached. It was the only time I saw them play that year but they were the most impressive HS team I saw play that year

Comment

• svhorns
                                  All State
                                  • Apr 2015

I remember watching BTw play Norcross,Ga on TV 2 years ago and was blown away by how good they were. Very talented but also very well coached. It was the only time I saw them play that year but they were the most impressive HS team I saw play that year
                                  You should watch Legend of the Rabbits on youtube. It was a short video story ESPN did about "Muck City." Its about 2 hours north of Miami but it's an interesting and different look into HS football in a region outside of Texas that were so accustomed to seeing or understanding. I'll post the link here https://youtu.be/yPCGqhor61U
                                  Last edited by svhorns; 05-28-2015, 12:52 PM.

Comment

• Farmer
                                    All District
                                    • Apr 2015

Originally posted by svhorns

You should watch Legend of the Rabbits on youtube. It was a short video story ESPN did about "Muck City." Its about 2 hours north of Miami but it's an interesting and different look into HS football in a region outside of Texas that were so accustomed to seeing or understanding. I'll post the link here https://youtu.be/yPCGqhor61U
                                    I'll check it out when I get home. Is that the area around Lake Okeechobee?

Comment

• svhorns
                                      All State
                                      • Apr 2015

I'll check it out when I get home. Is that the area around Lake Okeechobee?
                                      Yup sure is.

Comment

• dada
                                        2nd Team
                                        • Apr 2015

Houston Texas!....was just a crazy HS football fan, would travel around Houston to watch the best Match ups of the week. Was a Genuine Katy hater, I was more of an inner city, HISD fan. invited to a Katy game in 2006....met some awesome people, missed 3 Katy games since....2 were loses. Kids are older now so I cant get out around town as much so usually were at a Katy game or whoever is playing at Berry Center since it's in walking distance from the house. Don't mean to brag lol but I'm kinda connected in the GHA football scene, guys I grew up with are coaching, the KTbros, Katy booster club, so I can get a lot of inside info on GHA schools.

Comment

• pied
                                          2nd Team
                                          • Apr 2015

Went to Lamar and graduated when they were just getting good again in '86. Went to school in Austin from '90-'94 and went to some Westlake and some LBJ/Reagan games as well as a bunch of good playoff games. Moved back to the metroplex in '94 and went to a ton of games until about '00 when my daughter was born and then it's been a bit more difficult. Live in Flower Mound, but in the NWISD (Byron Nelson). Wife went to Marcus so I follow them somewhat, but can't say I'm really a fan. Know a tin of kids from the three FM/Lewisville schools so have an interest in them and to a lesser degree Hebron.

Daughter starts at Greenhill this fall so I'm going to try and follow the Hornets!

Comment

• ktCarl
                                            Special Teams
                                            • Apr 2015

My parents emigrated from Liverpool, England. I was born in the covered wagon they took on the way to Texas. They told me the raptors were fierce! After parents arrive in South Houston my Mom squeezed me out in Pasadena General hospital. Well, I growed up, got married, had kids and moved to Katy in 1986. Started following Katy's football team in 1994 and have been hooked ever since. After Katy Bros. introduced me to 5A Board I started going to see other teams and have made a lot of friends in the process. I always watch the front running teams but like reading about all of Texas' teams.

Comment

• Firefox
                                              Special Teams
                                              • Apr 2015

I grew up mostly in Irving and went two years at IMAC and after moving to Euless, two years at Trinity. I am a big Trinity fan and now live in Mansfield. I follow the Mansfield schools and usually catch a Cedar Hill game or two as well.

Comment

• Comanche
                                                Practice Squad
                                                • Apr 2015

Transplant from SW Okla, been here in Euless since 94 and have been following the Trojans since day one! T's up!

Comment

• TexasBob
                                                  Hall of Fame
                                                  • May 2015

I was raised in Odessa and graduated from what is affectionately known in Odessa as the Other High School. I moved to and lived in McCamey, Texas and followed the then 1A Badgers. At the 1A level I saw at least one or two games that I would include in my top five High School games I’ve ever attended. Moved to Katy in 1992 and I got to know Coach Mike Johnson outside of football. My son played on the Katy team in the early 1990,s. I follow Katy, but I try to go to at least one six-man game every season and usually some other lower classification games when I get a chance.

I belong to most of the football boards of every classification. I do that so I can glean football stadium information to keep my website up to date. ( http://TexasBob.com/stadium )
                                                  Last edited by TexasBob; 06-01-2015, 06:56 PM.

Comment

• sTp
                                                    1st Team
                                                    • Apr 2015

Welcome to the board Bob!!

Comment

• Eagle2
                                                      All District
                                                      • Apr 2015

Originally posted by TexasBob
                                                      I was raised in Odessa and graduated from what is affectionately known in Odessa as the Other High School. I moved to and lived in McCamey, Texas and followed the then 1A Badgers. At the 1A level I saw at least one or two games that I would include in my top five High School games I’ve ever attended. Moved to Katy in 1992 and I got to know Coach Mike Johnson outside of football. My son played on the Katy team in the early 1990,s. I follow Katy, but I try to go to at least one six-man game every season and usually some other lower classification games when I get a chance.

I belong to most of the football boards of every classification. I do that so I can glean football stadium information to keep my website up to date. ( http://TexasBob.com/stadium )
                                                      Welcome Texas Bob!!! Glad to have you over apart of the family.
                                                      Keep up your good work.

Comment

• Super B
                                                        All District
                                                        • Apr 2015

Welcome to our board.

I've been using your website as a resource for many years.
                                                        Super B

Comment

• chhspantherfan
                                                          Special Teams
                                                          • Apr 2015

Good to see you here and hope all is well with you.

Comment

• dada
                                                            2nd Team
                                                            • Apr 2015

Welcome Texas Boob(Inside joke lol) hope to see you around Rhodes this season.

Comment

• 93streak
                                                              Special Teams
                                                              • Apr 2015

Originally posted by ktCarl
                                                              My parents emigrated from Liverpool, England. I was born in the covered wagon they took on the way to Texas. They told me the raptors were fierce! After parents arrive in South Houston my Mom squeezed me out in Pasadena General hospital. Well, I growed up, got married, had kids and moved to Katy in 1986. Started following Katy's football team in 1994 and have been hooked ever since. After Katy Bros. introduced me to 5A Board I started going to see other teams and have made a lot of friends in the process. I always watch the front running teams but like reading about all of Texas' teams.
                                                              wow KTcarl did not realize you were born twice.....lol

Comment

Working...
                                                              😀
                                                              😂
                                                              🥰
                                                              😘
                                                              🤢
                                                              😎
                                                              😞
                                                              😡
                                                              👍
                                                              👎