X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • GymCatmomx2
    Practice Squad
    • May 2015

I follow Guyer sports first and foremost since I have one kid that just graduated and another coming up through the ranks. We moved from Flower Mound to Denton before my kids started school. I was born and raised in Indiana where basketball is king, so it was shocking to see the football stadiums here in Texas. I was blessed with two daughters so I don't know much about the X's and O's, but still love the game.

Comment

• Admin
      TX HS Football Talk
      • Mar 2015

Originally posted by Defense Wins Championship
      I like the mentality of the admin...put it out there without worrying about offending someone. This is going to be a great season!
      Well golly gee shucks! Thanks!

Careful though because we're looked upon as a splinter group running around in a free for all by an arrogant cuss who feels his NFP and mission is the saving grace that will put an end to all of the scabbers from exploiting our children to line their pockets with the almighty dollar. So how do you avoid being labeled as such. You create a NFP!

Come on, an NFP means not for profit, right? But wait, an NFP doesn't mean you can't use donations to cover operational costs and salaries. Heck, there are tons of NFP's who have excessive operational costs and pay their officers and employees excessive salaries. Then again, I guess if you can find someone who will trek around the state and take videos for free, overhead should be at a bare minimum, right?

A shout out to that video guy. Come here and I will pay for your gas and lodging and I will get you access to any venue related to HS Football all without using the reputation of a couple great guys who are no longer in the business.

We have a very detailed TOS here and it's simple, just mind and follow the rules. This is a community made up of many different personalities and walks of life, just as the stands are at a football game. We have all sat at games listening to comments that we may not have liked and we just ignore them. Now if fists start flying, sure, the cops are called in. I am sure somewhere along the way an incident will occur and we will address it as needed.

It's a shame some certain people from the other board are creating fake names here just to instigate (cough cough slcdragonfan, aka badhabit) LW and others. There is no need for that. Gee, these boards are a dime a dozen so they shouldn't get their panties in a wad when another one comes online.

Comment

• svhorns
        All State
        • Apr 2015

STP now would be a good time for that popcorn gif.

Comment

• svhorns
          All State
          • Apr 2015

Originally posted by GymCatmomx2
          I follow Guyer sports first and foremost since I have one kid that just graduated and another coming up through the ranks. We moved from Flower Mound to Denton before my kids started school. I was born and raised in Indiana where basketball is king, so it was shocking to see the football stadiums here in Texas. I was blessed with two daughters so I don't know much about the X's and O's, but still love the game.
          The hick from Frenchlick.

Comment

• sTp
            1st Team
            • Apr 2015

Originally posted by svhorns
            STP now would be a good time for that popcorn gif.
            I honestly tried and couldn't find the one I wanted..

sTp popcorn post fail pfft..
            Last edited by sTp; 06-16-2015, 11:04 AM.

Comment

• Defense Wins Championship
              Practice Squad
              • Jun 2015

Originally posted by Admin

Well golly gee shucks! Thanks!

Careful though because we're looked upon as a splinter group running around in a free for all by an arrogant cuss who feels his NFP and mission is the saving grace that will put an end to all of the scabbers from exploiting our children to line their pockets with the almighty dollar. So how do you avoid being labeled as such. You create a NFP!

Come on, an NFP means not for profit, right? But wait, an NFP doesn't mean you can't use donations to cover operational costs and salaries. Heck, there are tons of NFP's who have excessive operational costs and pay their officers and employees excessive salaries. Then again, I guess if you can find someone who will trek around the state and take videos for free, overhead should be at a bare minimum, right?

A shout out to that video guy. Come here and I will pay for your gas and lodging and I will get you access to any venue related to HS Football all without using the reputation of a couple great guys who are no longer in the business.

We have a very detailed TOS here and it's simple, just mind and follow the rules. This is a community made up of many different personalities and walks of life, just as the stands are at a football game. We have all sat at games listening to comments that we may not have liked and we just ignore them. Now if fists start flying, sure, the cops are called in. I am sure somewhere along the way an incident will occur and we will address it as needed.

It's a shame some certain people from the other board are creating fake names here just to instigate (cough cough slcdragonfan, aka badhabit) LW and others. There is no need for that. Gee, these boards are a dime a dozen so they shouldn't get their panties in a wad when another one comes online.
              Uhhhhh.......YEAH!!!! RIGHT ON BRO!!!! I think....😂🔫

Though I hate liberals, I love great football and like sharing what I see. Thanks for setting up this bad boy and let the games begin!

Comment

• cougmantx
                Practice Squad
                • Jun 2015

Looks like this is going to be fun again. :-)

Comment

• Super B
                  All District
                  • Apr 2015

Originally posted by cougmantx
                  Welcome aboard.
                  Super B

Comment

• sTp
                    1st Team
                    • Apr 2015

Glad ya found us!

Comment

• svhorns
                      All State
                      • Apr 2015

Welcome cougman glad you found us.

Comment

• Admin
                        TX HS Football Talk
                        • Mar 2015

Welcome to the board! It's all fun and Talk!

Comment

• cougmantx
                          Practice Squad
                          • Jun 2015

Burnet Bulldogs originally but now I drink the Katy koolaid.

Comment

• Abilenefan
                            Special Teams
                            • Apr 2015

Grew up in West Texas. Played small school ball. Started following Abilene High closely in the late 90's when sons' started playing middle school ball at the old Lincoln Middle School (now closed). Last kid graduated in 09 but following high school ball and Abilene High became one of my many hobbys.

Comment

• Eagle82
                              All District
                              • Apr 2015

Originally posted by Abilenefan
                              Grew up in West Texas. Played small school ball. Started following Abilene High closely in the late 90's when sons' started playing middle school ball at the old Lincoln Middle School (now closed). Last kid graduated in 09 but following high school ball and Abilene High became one of my many hobbys.
                              Tell those other folks from Abilene to get their rear ends over here! They can call me stupid and not have to worry about being scolded!

Comment

• CHill
                                1st Team
                                • Apr 2015

Originally posted by Eagle82

Tell those other folks from Abilene to get their rear ends over here! They can call me stupid and not have to worry about being scolded!

LOL,

Comment

• Kat-na-hat
                                  Practice Squad
                                  • Jul 2015

Spring Woods in Houston, Gus Grissom, in Huntsville Al.. Ocean Springs in Ms. Moved to Katy in 87, three times a tiger, & a greyhound to boot.

Comment

• Super B
                                    All District
                                    • Apr 2015

Originally posted by Kat-na-hat
                                    Spring Woods in Houston, Gus Grissom, in Huntsville Al.. Ocean Springs in Ms. Moved to Katy in 87, three times a tiger, & a greyhound to boot.
                                    Welcome to our board.
                                    Super B

Comment

• SCBuffaloes16
                                      Practice Squad
                                      • Jul 2015

From Schertz, Tx. As the name implies I go to Clemens and I'm a senior there. So by default I follow the good 'ol Clemens Buffaloes

Comment

• sTp
                                        1st Team
                                        • Apr 2015

Originally posted by SCBuffaloes16
                                        From Schertz, Tx. As the name implies I go to Clemens and I'm a senior there. So by default I follow the good 'ol Clemens Buffaloes
                                        Glad ya found us and welcome to the board!

Comment

• Super B
                                          All District
                                          • Apr 2015

Originally posted by SCBuffaloes16
                                          Texas HS Football Talk marketing department is curious to know HOW you found us. Knowing may enable us to better our recruitment efforts. Thx.

Welcome to our board!
                                          Super B

Comment

• SCBuffaloes16
                                            Practice Squad
                                            • Jul 2015

Originally posted by Super B

Texas HS Football Talk marketing department is curious to know HOW you found us. Knowing may enable us to better our recruitment efforts. Thx.

Welcome to our board!

Through the SA Sports forum. I'm on there as well...

Comment

• slorch
                                              Practice Squad
                                              • Jul 2015

Attended: Windthorst, WF Rider, & Abernathy

I have a connection with Oak Ridge, ^^^these^^^, Lufkin, and really like the smaller schools in general.

I am/ was a member on both iterations of the old site, RaiderPower, and Shaggybevo.

College teams: Tech, Army

Pros: Cowboys, and players who played HS or college in Texas.

Comment

• Eagle2
                                                All District
                                                • Apr 2015

Originally posted by slorch

I have a connection with Oak Ridge, ^^^these^^^, Lufkin, and really like the smaller schools in general.

I am/ was a member on both iterations of the old site, RaiderPower, and Shaggybevo.

Welcome to the family. Make yourself at home.

Comment

• sTp
                                                  1st Team
                                                  • Apr 2015

Welcome to the board!

Comment

• JagFan
                                                    1st Team
                                                    • Apr 2015

Good to see you here!

Comment

• svhorns
                                                      All State
                                                      • Apr 2015

Oh hey. Were you able to make it out to any Oak Ridge baseball games? Luken Baker was a dominant force on the mound for them. Also won the '14-'15 Gatorade National Player of the Year Award.

Comment

• slorch
                                                        Practice Squad
                                                        • Jul 2015

We saw them play Jesuit at SHSU. He did not pitch that night, but DHed.

He's a big ole boy, but seemed to carry himself the right way. I hope he does well after TCU.

Comment

• Trojanbacker2
                                                          Special Teams
                                                          • Jul 2015

Born in Ft. Worth, lived most of my long life in Mid-Cities. Follow Trinity football but also interested in other NE Tarrant County schools.

Comment

• sTp
                                                            1st Team
                                                            • Apr 2015

Originally posted by Trojanbacker2
                                                            Born in Ft. Worth, lived most of my long life in Mid-Cities. Follow Trinity football but also interested in other NE Tarrant County schools.
                                                            Glad ya found us, welcome to the board!

Comment

• Eagle2
                                                              All District
                                                              • Apr 2015

Originally posted by Trojanbacker2
                                                              Welcome Trojanbacker2 glad to have that Trojan prospective.

Comment

Working...