X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Admin
    TX HS Football Talk
    • Mar 2015

Originally posted by TrojanHorse03
    Finally got through customs, must of thought I was dangerous. Most active poster and I haven't even posted yet. #MVP
    I apologize about that. For some reason the system placed you in the area where I had to manually approve you. I think it was because Farmer had requested you be placed on "The List".

Okay, just joking about Farmer.

Comment

• chhspantherfan
      Special Teams
      • Apr 2015

Originally posted by Admin

I apologize about that. For some reason the system placed you in the area where I had to manually approve you. I think it was because Farmer had requested you be placed on "The List".

Okay, just joking about Farmer.

If there were a "Post of the Year" thread, this would be a nominee !!!

Comment

• King_Curtis
        Practice Squad
        • Apr 2015

Well...I'm here

Comment

• Super B
          All District
          • Apr 2015

Originally posted by King_Curtis
          Well...I'm here
          I was beginning to wonder.
          Super B

Comment

• svhorns
            All State
            • Apr 2015

Well...I'm here
            Welcome aboard King Curtis.

Comment

• King_Curtis
              Practice Squad
              • Apr 2015

Originally posted by svhorns

Welcome aboard King Curtis.
              Pleasure to be here my good sir.

Comment

• Farmer
                All District
                • Apr 2015

Pleasure to be here my good sir.
                Chicke nuggets in the morning?

Comment

• sTp
                  1st Team
                  • Apr 2015

Or which team do you usually follow, or is it a handful of teams? Or do you try to follow a larger area?

This has been rolling around in my head for the past few days. I got to wondering how our membership is currently spread out around the state, and should football season start tomorrow, what areas would be represented? Some of the user names are easy to figure out, some, not so much. Tell us where you at!

Region II is my home. (Yes, all of it..) I live in North Austin (Round Rock), so I will mainly be able to give information about my team (Round Rock Stony Point), and the 136A (North Austin) and 146A (Austin) Districts. Will do my darndest to try to take in some other games from the area.

Where you at?
                  Last edited by sTp; 06-06-2015, 12:03 PM.

Comment

• JagFan
                    1st Team
                    • Apr 2015

Good question.

Live in Flower Mound and my heart belongs to the Flower Mound High Jaguars. Follow Flower Mound Marcus, Lewisville, Hebron or better put Lewisville ISD.

Comment

• Eagle2
                      All District
                      • Apr 2015

Well I'm in the southwest DFW area that covers Region 1&2 and the toughest district in the state. Currently reside in the city where the other Eagles reside, the little town with the D. Enjoy and been following sports in the area and state since the 80s.

Comment

• Super B
                        All District
                        • Apr 2015

Originally posted by Eagle
                        Well I'm in the southwest DFW area that covers Region 1&2 and the toughest district in the state. Currently reside in the city where the other Eagles reside, the little town with the D. Enjoy and been following sports in the area and state since the 80s.
                        Translation.

DeSoto Eagles
                        Super B

Comment

• Eagle82
                          All District
                          • Apr 2015

An Abilene boy here, though was a Junction Eagle so I follow them as well as most of the small schools in that area.

Comment

• Super B
                            All District
                            • Apr 2015

I grew up in Euless, still live here in Bedford. I am a fan of Trinity.

I mostly follow the NE Tarrant County teams. Bell, SLC, Grapevine, Heritage, the Birdville schools, the Keller schools, the NWISD schools.
                            Super B

Comment

• sTp
                              1st Team
                              • Apr 2015

Originally posted by Super B
                              Translation.

DeSoto Eagles
                              Thanks for the translation. Hoping to see DeSoto make a run, if not take it all. They are due.

Also anxious to see what is in store for Trinity with the "new" offense. Keep us posted Super B. Super (pun intended) excited to see your boys against Del La Salle.

Comment

• some eagle fan
                                Special Teams
                                • Apr 2015

Another Eagle here, the Allen Eagles. 20+ years in Allen, also keep an eye on Plano East and several 5A schools around the area.

Comment

• CHill
                                  1st Team
                                  • Apr 2015

Joe Poole lake area, follow the 8-6A district, the toughest district in the state from what I here. Also like keeping up with Abilene, like the way west Texas teams play the game and follow their teams.
                                  Last edited by CHill; 05-24-2015, 11:21 AM.

Comment

• Farmer
                                    All District
                                    • Apr 2015

Originally posted by Jrstar
                                    Joe Poole lake area, follow the 8-6A district, the toughest district in the state from what I here. Also like keeping up with Abilene, like the way west Texas teams play the game and follow their teams.
                                    I don't know how anybody could argue against 8-6A as being the toughest in the state. What a gauntlet that is.

As for me. I grew up in Lewisville. Have always followed Lewisville and Marcus and then other LISD schools after that. Been following Lewisville and Marcus since 1986 when I was 5 years old

Comment

• BevoBo
                                      Special Teams
                                      • Apr 2015

Grew up in the HEB area and reside in Bedford. Went to both Trinity and Bell....(insert SuperB joke here.) 5 kids graduated from Trinity, plus Wife and 1 more kid on the way. Follow Trinity mainly(BIG FAN), but try to keep up with Bell, some. Also keep up with SLC as they are a good rivalry and respect their program. I have a great passion for HS football overall and love to see good teams play, especially the BOYS N BLACK!

Farmer - pretty much agree with you on 8-6A. That's a loaded district! Funny thing, Marcus added a band auditorium around 84,85 I think and my Dad's company was the electrical contractor for the job. I was there every day for that summer wiring and hanging those big lights.

STP - Great to hear about Stony Point. Those 09,10 games against SP were some exciting contests and each close. 08,09,10....those were some very good teams I enjoyed watching.

Comment

• svhorns
                                        All State
                                        • Apr 2015

Born in Dallas moved when I was 2. Lived in Tyler for a year when I was 3, raised for 13 years on the Round Rock/Austin city line. Lived in Bulverde/Spring Branch (between Boerne and New Braunfels about 10 miles north of San Antonio) while I went to SV for 3 years. For the most part I follow SV athletics but I keep my eye on the Round Rock ISD schools. Now I live in Miami, FL.

Comment

• sTp
                                          1st Team
                                          • Apr 2015

Originally posted by BevoBo
                                          Grew up in the HEB area and reside in Bedford. Went to both Trinity and Bell....(insert SuperB joke here.) 5 kids graduated from Trinity, plus Wife and 1 more kid on the way. Follow Trinity mainly(BIG FAN), but try to keep up with Bell, some. Also keep up with SLC as they are a good rivalry and respect their program. I have a great passion for HS football overall and love to see good teams play, especially the BOYS N BLACK!

Farmer - pretty much agree with you on 8-6A. That's a loaded district! Funny thing, Marcus added a band auditorium around 84,85 I think and my Dad's company was the electrical contractor for the job. I was there every day for that summer wiring and hanging those big lights.

STP - Great to hear about Stony Point. Those 09,10 games against SP were some exciting contests and each close. 08,09,10....those were some very good teams I enjoyed watching.
                                          Gah.. As much as I hated the outcome of those games, I wouldn't trade it for the world. Was truly a joy to watch your team in action, with Brandon Carter as the cherry on top. In 10, when we had you guys stuck in a 3rd and a mile situation I thought to myself, "watch them get it".. and then ya'll did.. Our side was gutted, and I was the only idiot standing there laughing my ass off..

Closing that game out with you guys marching it down to the 1 yard line and running out the clock I thought was a truly classy act by Lineweaver. I had read story after story up to that point, and then I got to witness it firsthand. Sincerest hopes that the new head coach keeps up the winning tradition at Trinity. Keep us posted as to how it all goes.

You got a few Trinity fans here in the Austin area.
                                          Last edited by sTp; 05-24-2015, 06:54 PM.

Comment

• sTp
                                            1st Team
                                            • Apr 2015

Originally posted by svhorns
                                            Born in Dallas moved when I was 2. Lived in Tyler for a year when I was 3, raised for 13 years on the Round Rock/Austin city line. Lived in Bulverde/Spring Branch (between Boerne and New Braunfels about 10 miles north of San Antonio) while I went to SV for 3 years. For the most part I follow SV athletics but I keep my eye on the Round Rock ISD schools. Now I live in Miami, FL.
                                            This is exactly why I started this thread. All this time I had just assumed you were in the New Braunfels area.

So do you get to follow St. Thomas Aquinas or Booker T. Washington, if not a few others? Miami Northwest? No doubt there are some more powerhouses down there but those were the first few that came to mind.

Comment

• Eagle2
                                              All District
                                              • Apr 2015

Originally posted by sTp

Thanks for the translation. Hoping to see DeSoto make a run, if not take it all. They are due.

Also anxious to see what is in store for Trinity with the "new" offense. Keep us posted Super B. Super (pun intended) excited to see your boys against Del La Salle.
                                              Eagles played some great games against STP awhile back.
                                              As for as the Eagles making a run its going to be tough with a first year coach,a new coach at a rival school that has that program moving, along with a tough schedule in the toughest district. But the Eagles are going to give it their best shot. you can count on it.

Comment

• sTp
                                                1st Team
                                                • Apr 2015

As for as the Eagles making a run its going to be tough with a first year coach,a new coach at a rival school that has that program moving, along with a tough schedule in the toughest district. But the Eagles are going to give it their best shot. you can count on it.
                                                Agreed, a couple of great games, and one butt whoopin' by DeSoto on sTp in 2011, lol. Still was damn fun to watch.

Keep us updated with your new head coach. I still expect DeSoto to be there during the playoffs. Yeah it's gonna be a beast with Cedar Hill and now Duncanville being in one hell of a district, but on the flip side it's gotta be cool to see teams and athletes like that play.

All the best to your boys.

Comment

• Admin
                                                  TX HS Football Talk
                                                  • Mar 2015

Being the great little community we are, perhaps it could lead up to some meets. I will say I appreciate all of you and your participation, can't thank you enough!

Comment

• Super B
                                                    All District
                                                    • Apr 2015

You guys will be fine. Cedar Hill lost their OC (he went to Bell). Getting to the playoffs will be no problem. From there, who knows? At least by the time the playoffs get here, your team will be adjusted to the new head coach and should be rolling along.
                                                    Super B

Comment

• chhspantherfan
                                                      Special Teams
                                                      • Apr 2015

Raised an Everman Bulldog, moved to Grapevine 23 years ago so I could raise family in one HS town. So what happened? They built another school, CHHS, All three sons played and graduated there. This season will be my first without a son in the program since 2006. Have two still playing, one at Tyler JC and one starting Freshman year at Northern Arizona. Will not sell my Panther season tickets as I've had them 16 seasons, but will most likely miss a few games over the next few years.

Comment

• Pepper Brooks
                                                        Practice Squad
                                                        • May 2015

I Live in Lufkin, but originally from Southeast TX, I have 2 sons. I follow all SE TX teams (my Silsbee Tigers) and my son (Huntington) also my oldest son who plays for Southwestern College in Winfield Kansas

Comment

• Eagle2
                                                          All District
                                                          • Apr 2015

You guys will be fine. Cedar Hill lost their OC (he went to Bell). Getting to the playoffs will be no problem. From there, who knows? At least by the time the playoffs get here, your team will be adjusted to the new head coach and should be rolling along.
                                                          Transitions(change) is always difficult. The problem is the bar (expectations)has been set so high that anything less is not acceptable. As far as the playoffs, that road still remains difficult, with the exception of two schools GP & Midlothian, all the other schools have improved and will be contending for the 4th playoff spot. This team will definitely be a work in progress as the season progresses.

Comment

• Super B
                                                            All District
                                                            • Apr 2015

Originally posted by Pepper Brooks
                                                            I Live in Lufkin, but originally from Southeast TX, I have 2 sons. I follow all SE TX teams (my Silsbee Tigers) and my son (Huntington) also my oldest son who plays for Southwestern College in Winfield Kansas
                                                            Welcome to the Board Pepper!
                                                            Super B

Comment

• Pepper Brooks
                                                              Practice Squad
                                                              • May 2015

Welcome to the Board Pepper!
                                                              Thank you

Comment

Working...
                                                              😀
                                                              😂
                                                              🥰
                                                              😘
                                                              🤢
                                                              😎
                                                              😞
                                                              😡
                                                              👍