Warning: Undefined array key "birthday_search" in phar://.../vb/vb.phar/api/user.php on line 2 Warning: Undefined array key "joindate" in phar://.../vb/vb.phar/api/user.php on line 2 Warning: Undefined array key "posts" in phar://.../vb/vb.phar/api/user.php on line 2 Warning: Undefined array key "posts" in phar://.../vb/vb.phar/api/user.php on line 2 Warning: Undefined array key "userid" in phar://.../vb/vb.phar/api/user.php on line 2 Warning: Undefined array key "userid" in phar://.../vb/vb.phar/api/user.php on line 2 Warning: Undefined array key "privacy_options" in phar://.../vb/vb.phar/api/user.php on line 2 Warning: Undefined array key "userid" in phar://.../vb/vb.phar/library/user.php on line 2 Warning: Undefined array key "userid" in phar://.../vb/vb.phar/library/user.php on line 2 Warning: Undefined array key "lastactivity" in phar://.../vb/vb.phar/library/user.php on line 2 Warning: Trying to access array offset on value of type bool in .../vb5/route/profile.php on line 74 Roll Call - TexasFBT.com

Roll Call

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • 1AllenFan
    Practice Squad
    • Apr 2015

1AllenFan joins you fine folks. Glad to be here.
    I am from the DJ/Vype/HSFB100 site and I notice this has a like feature also. Do you only have a certain number of "likes" you can give out each day (we run out of likes all the time..)?

Comment

• Super B
      All District
      • Apr 2015

Originally posted by 1AllenFan
      I am from the DJ/Vype/HSFB100 site and I notice this has a like feature also. Do you only have a certain number of "likes" you can give out each day (we run out of likes all the time..)?
      I never run out of likes, because there just isn't that much to like. You are a frequent "liker", so no surprise.

Welcome to this here board.
      Super B

Comment

• JagFan
        1st Team
        • Apr 2015

Originally posted by Admin

I sent BlakeJ another email. If he's having issues, let me know.

We're not going to play big brother. I will say that I did delete a thread about a WT football coach who recently retired. It felt like a carry-over from the other board in an attempt to dig into the personal life of that coach. Making jabs at one another is one thing, attempting to dig into anyone's personal life is another. None of us would want our real name to be a topic on a message board along with comments about what's going on in our personal lives.

I have interacted with some already and all have been great, I mean really great. You will find that I am very open to your thoughts and ideas. If you want to contribute to a specific topic, just say so and more than likely it will be yours.

Thanks again!
        Good call on that one. It was in the rules on the 5A board and the other board. Do not post about coaches personal lives or players injuries unless you have a news link to back it up. Good rule to keep. IMO

Comment

• Admin
          TX HS Football Talk
          • Mar 2015

Originally posted by sTp

Agreed, personal details don't need to be dug up on the board. That stuff simply has no place on a public forum.

So far, and I'm 3 posts into this board, this feels AWESOME!! I go back to my earlier post in saying that I breathed a huge sigh of relief, in that I felt like I could just be myself, and that humor wasn't going to be deemed illegal, as long as it is in relatively good taste, lol..

Again, thanks to all those that made this happen, and further down the line if you should need people to contribute to the cause I will be more than happy to help..
          What a compliment, thank you!

If there's an area you have a particular interest in just let me know and it's yours to run. I am by no means a control freak and my approach is to let others get involved if they choose to do so. Members make the board, not the admin.

Comment

• Admin
            TX HS Football Talk
            • Mar 2015

Originally posted by 1AllenFan
            Don't think there is a limit to the number of likes per day. If you encounter a problem, let me know.

Welcome to the board!

Comment

• Abilenefan
              Special Teams
              • Apr 2015

Thanks for the time and $ investment. Looking forward to talking HS football as we approach Fall. Thanks again.

Comment

• Abilenefan
                Special Teams
                • Apr 2015

Thanks for setting this up. I don't post alot but do enjoy HS football and keeping up. I'm usually around.

Comment

• ktCarl
                  Special Teams
                  • Apr 2015

I'm here too.

Prediction;

Farmer will be Perma-Banned from this site before the 2015 football season begins.

Comment

• DPaul
                    Special Teams
                    • Apr 2015

present

Comment

• Super B
                      All District
                      • Apr 2015

Originally posted by DPaul
                      present
                      It's about time you showed up.
                      Super B

Comment

• chhspantherfan
                        Special Teams
                        • Apr 2015

Originally posted by ktCarl
                        I'm here too.

Prediction;

Farmer will be Perma-Banned from this site before the 2015 football season begins.

200_s.gif

Comment

Last edited by Guest; 06-03-2015, 03:29 PM.

Comment

• DPaul
                            Special Teams
                            • Apr 2015

Originally posted by Super B
                            It's about time you showed up.
                            I was conflicted. I know the guys that started the last board really helped everyone out that were damn near about to jump off a cliff because there was no place to go after 5A board went poof. Dawg stepped up to the plate. And now we're all deserting that?.... somethin seems a little wierd about that to me.

Comment

• JagFan
                              1st Team
                              • Apr 2015

I was conflicted. I know the guys that started the last board really helped everyone out that were damn near about to jump off a cliff because there was no place to go after 5A board went poof. Dawg stepped up to the plate. And now we're all deserting that?.... somethin seems a little wierd about that to me.
                              He did step up big time. I plan on visiting both sites and posting where the conversation leads.

Comment

• svhorns
                                All State
                                • Apr 2015

If you enjoy reading dawgs bullshit then not sure what youre doing here. I nor anyone owes that dumb **** a thing. By all means im all for people coming over bur leave this bullshit for the pussies over there.

In other words if your 2nd post is about deserting someone and how that might make someone feel and not about football or sports you probably won't make it here.
                                Last edited by svhorns; 04-26-2015, 03:43 PM.

Comment

• sTp
                                  1st Team
                                  • Apr 2015

Not deserting at all, and yes big thanks to him and those that helped us find a home when the other site went down. Like Jagfan said, I plan on being at both sites. Just a different board, not better, just different.

Comment

• svhorns
                                    All State
                                    • Apr 2015

If you guys want to talk some football lets talk some football but this shit of hurting peoples feelings and being too over dramatic is the reason that board is the way it is. Either grow some damn balls and lets talk football or go back to nancyville.

Comment

• DPaul
                                      Special Teams
                                      • Apr 2015

Originally posted by svhorns

If you enjoy reading dawgs bullshit then not sure what youre doing here. I nor anyone owes that dumb **** a thing. By all means im all for people coming over bur leave this bullshit for the pussies over there.

In other words if your 2nd post is about deserting someone and how that might make someone feel and not about football or sports you probably won't make it here.
                                      I see this board is off to a flying start. I will try to get some balls like you and post tough guy talk on the internet. Please forgive me for not being there yet.

Comment

• svhorns
                                        All State
                                        • Apr 2015

I see this board is off to a flying start. I will try to get some balls like you and post tough guy talk on the internet. Please forgive me for not being there yet.
                                        I'd rather you bring some good football content over here but if being a tough guy poster is what you want to do, then by all means it will be welcomed by me. I'm not here to bash anyone that posts over here but lets let the feelers stuff go and debate some damn football, without worrying about board members and walking on egg shells. You are more than welcome to tell me I'm an idiot, and guess what, it would actually be ok with me.

Comment

• Admin
                                          TX HS Football Talk
                                          • Mar 2015

I'd like to jump in here.

First of all, if you see **'s by words you've typed, I have implemented the dirty word filter. Feel free to type the word to get your point across but don't be upset if you see it replaced with the ***'s.

Many of us made an attempt to step up when the old board went "poof" and those attempts were ignored. All in all it was a matter of who got to the plate first and we all now know who it was, which is fine. Even then, attempts to help out, even financially, were ignored. I myself was okay with that, hey, I made an attempt, so be it.

It was said that the "benefactor" had chosen to remain anonymous and I think that lasted all for a week or so. Dawg revealed that it was his money, again, which is fine. As I posted in the Welcome Message, a mere $750 or less per year is all it takes to get the board online and running. I didn't post that to toot my own horn, I posted it to make a point, mainly that this doesn't have to be difficult and full of drama.

As time has gone by Dawg has begun to voice the costs of running the board, challenged members to possibly pony up $$ for this or that, etc. He announced he wants to award scholarships, even named a board of directors and has or in the process of registering as a not for profit organization. Man, all I can say is kudo's to him if he wants to help the kids. I think he's beginning to find out though that it's not going to be cheap. Moderators have been assigned and I'm not the only one who feels some are abusing their power. This has resulted in quite a few members just walking away. Hey, it's their board, they can do whatever they want, right?

I myself want a place I can come without the attitude. I don't want to hear the owner of the board complain about costs. I don't want to walk on egg shells having to rethink my words before they're typed. I could go on and on. What it boils down to is I just want a place where I can be my ornery old self and interact with the fine folks of the HS football community. I'm not interested in giving scholarships, hiring accountants, lawyer's, naming a board of directors, etc. I just want to have a board I can talk football so that's all this is going to be, a community where like minded folks can talk football. We surely won't be the biggest but we have the potential to be a very close community creating friendships along the way.

I started prepping this board early March based on the tone of the replacement 6A board, I felt we needed a place to fall back on just in case. I was content with just leaving this parked until recent actions over there changed my mind. It bothered me to see long time posters of the old board begin to walk away. We are here now and I assure you we're not going anywhere.

These boards are a dime a dozen. Time will tell how this one will turn out. I can say though that we're starting from scratch and don't have the advantage of taking over another boards membership base, a base who had no other option but to join up with that boards replacement. So yes, this will be a challenge, a challenge to earn your trust. You will find that I am easy to communicate with and very open to your ideas. This community won't be about myself or a personal agenda. It will be about and comprise of its members so all in all, the members will decide on the success of this community.

In closing I know none of you have any idea who I am. All I can say is please be patient and in time it will be revealed.

Thank You

Comment

• Farmer
                                            All District
                                            • Apr 2015

Originally posted by Admin
                                            I'd like to jump in here.

First of all, if you see **'s by words you've typed, I have implemented the dirty word filter. Feel free to type the word to get your point across but don't be upset if you see it replaced with the ***'s.

Many of us made an attempt to step up when the old board went "poof" and those attempts were ignored. All in all it was a matter of who got to the plate first and we all now know who it was, which is fine. Even then, attempts to help out, even financially, were ignored. I myself was okay with that, hey, I made an attempt, so be it.

It was said that the "benefactor" had chosen to remain anonymous and I think that lasted all for a week or so. Dawg revealed that it was his money, again, which is fine. As I posted in the Welcome Message, a mere $750 or less per year is all it takes to get the board online and running. I didn't post that to toot my own horn, I posted it to make a point, mainly that this doesn't have to be difficult and full of drama.

As time has gone by Dawg has begun to voice the costs of running the board, challenged members to possibly pony up $$ for this or that, etc. He announced he wants to award scholarships, even named a board of directors and has or in the process of registering as a not for profit organization. Man, all I can say is kudo's to him if he wants to help the kids. I think he's beginning to find out though that it's not going to be cheap. Moderators have been assigned and I'm not the only one who feels some are abusing their power. This has resulted in quite a few members just walking away. Hey, it's their board, they can do whatever they want, right?

I myself want a place I can come without the attitude. I don't want to hear the owner of the board complain about costs. I don't want to walk on egg shells having to rethink my words before they're typed. I could go on and on. What it boils down to is I just want a place where I can be my ornery old self and interact with the fine folks of the HS football community. I'm not interested in giving scholarships, hiring accountants, lawyer's, naming a board of directors, etc. I just want to have a board I can talk football so that's all this is going to be, a community where like minded folks can talk football. We surely won't be the biggest but we have the potential to be a very close community creating friendships along the way.

I started prepping this board early March based on the tone of the replacement 6A board, I felt we needed a place to fall back on just in case. I was content with just leaving this parked until recent actions over there changed my mind. It bothered me to see long time posters of the old board begin to walk away. We are here now and I assure you we're not going anywhere.

These boards are a dime a dozen. Time will tell how this one will turn out. I can say though that we're starting from scratch and don't have the advantage of taking over another boards membership base, a base who had no other option but to join up with that boards replacement. So yes, this will be a challenge, a challenge to earn your trust. You will find that I am easy to communicate with and very open to your ideas. This community won't be about myself or a personal agenda. It will be about and comprise of its members so all in all, the members will decide on the success of this community.

In closing I know none of you have any idea who I am. All I can say is please be patient and in time it will be revealed.

Thank You
                                            Dang I would love to like this post a 2nd and 3rd time if I could.
                                            We really appreciate you stepping up in the manner in which you have. Words can't express how grateful a lot of us our. They have their board and the direction they want to go and now you've given those of us who may be on a different path, a new road to drive on. Thanks again

Comment

• badhabit
                                              Banned
                                              • Apr 2015

I know who you are.. That is why I posted the thread I posted, to feel you out.

Comment

• svhorns
                                                All State
                                                • Apr 2015

Yup sorry for the bad words. Appreciate you doing this.

Comment

• Comanche
                                                  Practice Squad
                                                  • Apr 2015

Originally posted by Super B

lol

I sent you a text yesterday.
                                                  I knew that was you!!! ha!

Comment

• pied
                                                    2nd Team
                                                    • Apr 2015

Originally posted by Farmer

Dang I would love to like this post a 2nd and 3rd time if I could.
                                                    We really appreciate you stepping up in the manner in which you have. Words can't express how grateful a lot of us our. They have their board and the direction they want to go and now you've given those of us who may be on a different path, a new road to drive on. Thanks again

For my first post I want to call out Farmer. Apparently the correct words cannot express your gratefulness...

Comment

• ktCarl
                                                      Special Teams
                                                      • Apr 2015

Originally posted by svhorns
                                                      If you guys want to talk some football lets talk some football but this **** of hurting peoples feelings and being too over dramatic is the reason that board is the way it is. Either grow some damn balls and lets talk football or go back to nancyville.
                                                      Are you asking JagFan to grow some balls? Shades of Bruce Jenner.

Comment

• some eagle fan
                                                        Special Teams
                                                        • Apr 2015

Well he's not using them any longer so..... Anyway I doubt she would be interested today, but at one point in time that was some set he had.
                                                        Last edited by some eagle fan; 04-27-2015, 07:09 PM.

Comment

• JagFan
                                                          1st Team
                                                          • Apr 2015

I don't need balls to talk football! And certainly not Bruce Jenner's if I did.

Comment

• svhorns
                                                            All State
                                                            • Apr 2015

Im an idiot, water is wet. Good to have you here Carl, but im not sure I can speak with you until you prescribe me with more cowbell.

Comment

• TrojanHorse03
                                                              Special Teams
                                                              • Apr 2015

Finally got through customs, must of thought I was dangerous. Most active poster and I haven't even posted yet. #MVP

Comment

Working...
                                                              😀
                                                              😂
                                                              🥰
                                                              😘
                                                              🤢
                                                              😎
                                                              😞
                                                              😡
                                                              👍
                                                              👎