X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • AllenEaglesFan
    Special Teams
    • May 2015

Originally posted by Farmer

It's weak because 7 of the 8 teams play by the rules and use their own kids. Anytime you have an all star team and play against other teams using their own kids then the perception of the rest is going to be weak.

LOL, like none of the other 7 teams have any transfers...give me a break. Take it you do not know what a TE does as you keep asking.
    Last edited by AllenEaglesFan; 06-13-2015, 09:59 AM.
    Go Eagles!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

• AllenEaglesFan
      Special Teams
      • May 2015

Originally posted by svhorns

So you THINK his article is based on both production and talent but you arent quite sure. He takes no clear stance on why he listed the players the way he did. He gives the readers information about each player, which is great, and he even posted a video of JC Chalk doing a box jump. I don't care if he gets paid to write the article and Im not sure why you even mentioned that. If youre a fan boy of smith just let us know, while cute, I thinm youre too old for that.

Yes, same as you THINK its piss poor. Not really fan of Corbit but DMN reports better then others about the DFW teams. But really does that matter, you just like to assume things about people.
      Go Eagles!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

• Farmer
        All District
        • Apr 2015

Originally posted by AllenEaglesFan

LOL, like none of the other 7 teams have any transfers...give me a break. Take it you do not know what a TE does as you keep asking.
        Tell me about the transfers at the other schools.

Lol at you saying I don't know what a TE does. That's gold. I've asked you a question that you c ant answer so you get to deflect by saying I don't know what a TE does. That's about as much comedy as Corbitt Smiths reasoning behind his rankings of TEs

Comment

• Farmer
          All District
          • Apr 2015

Yes, same as you THINK its piss poor. Not really fan of Corbit but DMN reports better then others about the DFW teams. But really does that matter, you just like to assume things about people.
          You defend an article but can't provide us with any reason as to why you defend it. A TE is a lot more than a receiver who catches TD passes. You still haven't given us a reason as to why or how Chalk or Brady is better than Smith.

It's ok if you can't. Just admit you don't understand the positions on a football field other than what the stats show

Comment

• svhorns
            All State
            • Apr 2015

I need you to start speaking in certainties. You're guessing all over the place. Is the article based on production or is it based on talent? Is it based on both? You cant answer that with 100% certainty becuase the article doesnt state what his rankings are based on. He tells you about each player and breifly about what team they play in but nothing more. You're agreeing with an article that is poorly and lazily written, and thats not a surprise becuase your stance is just as hazy as the article.
            Last edited by svhorns; 06-13-2015, 12:10 PM.

Comment

• sTp
              1st Team
              • Apr 2015

Originally posted by CHill
              Kaden breaking Odell's Beckham Jr record.
              . http://t.co/XAIKBixNAe
              It would have been worse but coach on the left ran out of balls, that's when Kaden started throwing them back while also snagging one handed catches..

The rolling head smiley needs to come back and bad..

Comment

• sTp
                1st Team
                • Apr 2015

popcorn.gif

Comment

• sTp
                  1st Team
                  • Apr 2015

One more..

T1yHj4q.gif

Comment

• sTp
                    1st Team
                    • Apr 2015

Well, curiosity killed the cat.. I’ve been waiting for someone to answer the Tight End question and no one has offered an opinion so I thought I would take a stab at it. I openly admit I am no guru of the game and while I like to think I have a simple understanding of how the game plays itself out, the X’s and O’s still escapes me.

So here goes..

I would think the TE position would be an extension of the offensive line, in that the position is mainly utilized as a blocker, putting 6, or 7 on the line depending on the situation.

The deceptive part of this position is that it is also able to catch a pass..

Let me know where I missed.. No I did not use the googles..

Comment

• Farmer
                      All District
                      • Apr 2015

Originally posted by sTp
                      Well, curiosity killed the cat.. I’ve been waiting for someone to answer the Tight End question and no one has offered an opinion so I thought I would take a stab at it. I openly admit I am no guru of the game and while I like to think I have a simple understanding of how the game plays itself out, the X’s and O’s still escapes me.

So here goes..

I would think the TE position would be an extension of the offensive line, in that the position is mainly utilized as a blocker, putting 6, or 7 on the line depending on the situation.

The deceptive part of this position is that it is also able to catch a pass..

Let me know where I missed.. No I did not use the googles..
                      I think you summer it up pretty well and a lot better than what AEF could have done.
                      Different offensive philosophies will have a TE do a lot different things but you're pretty much spot on. TE is a critical position for a stretch/outside running game because their block on a De or OLb is critical to get the running game going outside

Comment

• sTp
                        1st Team
                        • Apr 2015

I think you summer it up pretty well and a lot better than what AEF could have done.
                        Different offensive philosophies will have a TE do a lot different things but you're pretty much spot on. TE is a critical position for a stretch/outside running game because their block on a De or OLb is critical to get the running game going outside
                        Tanks Farmer.

I would love to start an X's and O's thread to get some member's insight as to how it all works. I remember reading some stuff from the old board that just warped my brain. Where is Rook? That guy was fun to read and sure knew his stuff. Reading him, the KT's and some of the current posters here engage in nuances of the game tied my brain in knots.

Sorry for the thread hijack.

Comment

• sTp
                          1st Team
                          • Apr 2015

Ok, one more hijack since we don't have an X's and O' thread yet..

2009 Trinity vs. sTp.. I could have sworn Trinity's D lined up in a 3-3-5 in some instances. Am I off here? Not sure if I just never noticed (very likely) or if it was the fact that I was behind the offense at the time that made it so apparent. I just remember thinking to myself "how do 6 guys guys take up so much space?"

I honestly don't remember how the other 5 were spread out. I want to say it was 2 corners, 2 safeties, and a dude right in the middle.. super safety just in case..

We run mainly the spread on offense. Is a 3-3-5 on defense a common look against a spread attack? Or does it come down to personnel that are able to execute? gah.. so many questions..

Comment

• Super B
                            All District
                            • Apr 2015

Originally posted by sTp
                            One more..

[ATTACH=CONFIG]n3669[/ATTACH]
                            Some say he salts his popcorn with the tears of other racing drivers...
                            Super B

Comment

• Super B
                              All District
                              • Apr 2015

Originally posted by sTp
                              Ok, one more hijack since we don't have an X's and O' thread yet..

2009 Trinity vs. sTp.. I could have sworn Trinity's D lined up in a 3-3-5 in some instances. Am I off here? Not sure if I just never noticed (very likely) or if it was the fact that I was behind the offense at the time that made it so apparent. I just remember thinking to myself "how do 6 guys guys take up so much space?"

I honestly don't remember how the other 5 were spread out. I want to say it was 2 corners, 2 safeties, and a dude right in the middle.. super safety just in case..

We run mainly the spread on offense. Is a 3-3-5 on defense a common look against a spread attack? Or does it come down to personnel that are able to execute? gah.. so many questions..
                              I actually was not at that game, but it is quite possible you did see a 3-3-5. I know they will go with a nickel look against spreads, which I know is more of a 4-2-5. The last few seasons they have been using some 3-4, some 4-3, some 4-2-5. However they use a hybrid look as well which they call a ninja 3-4. It's three DLs, 4 LBs, but one of the LBs is a big quick LB. The three DLs line up in a shifted position, the big LB gets right on the line standing where a DE would be. He can either rush the QB or drop back, or simply hover to wait to see what the play is before reacting. I'm far from an X's and O's expert, so this is my best limited knowledge explanation.
                              Super B

Comment

• Greenbritches
                                Practice Squad
                                • Apr 2015

List is comical with some pretty absurd logic. Kaden Smith is head and shoulders the top TE in not only the area but the state yet Corbett Smith has him at 3 based on the style of offense Marxus runs. His number 1TE was more of a hybrid last year though and that puts him at 1 lol

http://highschoolsportsblog.dallasne...for-2015.html/

What is a TE?

Comment

• sTp
                                  1st Team
                                  • Apr 2015

Originally posted by Super B

Some say he salts his popcorn with the tears of other racing drivers...
                                  Some say under his helmet, is another smaller helmet and under that is another helmet and under that is a poster of Miley Cyrus..

Comment

• sTp
                                    1st Team
                                    • Apr 2015

Originally posted by Super B
                                    I actually was not at that game, but it is quite possible you did see a 3-3-5. I know they will go with a nickel look against spreads, which I know is more of a 4-2-5. The last few seasons they have been using some 3-4, some 4-3, some 4-2-5. However they use a hybrid look as well which they call a ninja 3-4. It's three DLs, 4 LBs, but one of the LBs is a big quick LB. The three DLs line up in a shifted position, the big LB gets right on the line standing where a DE would be. He can either rush the QB or drop back, or simply hover to wait to see what the play is before reacting. I'm far from an X's and O's expert, so this is my best limited knowledge explanation.
                                    So it's not uncommon to have a few players out there on D that are "hybrids"? I guess if you have the personnel and they have the speed and size to fill multiple positions it makes sense to move them around to confuse the Offense. For whatever reason I had never though of that. I always thought an LB was an LB and a DE was a DE and never the twain shall meet..

For lack of a better reason I blame Tecmo Bowl..

Comment

Working...