X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Farmer
    All District
    • Apr 2015

DMN ranks their top 5 TEs in the area.

List is comical with some pretty absurd logic. Kaden Smith is head and shoulders the top TE in not only the area but the state yet Corbett Smith has him at 3 based on the style of offense Marxus runs. His number 1TE was more of a hybrid last year though and that puts him at 1 lol

• CHill
    1st Team
    • Apr 2015

Kaden Smith hands down one of the best TE's I ever seen at the HS level. I always take Corbett Smith's opinions about HS football with a grain of salt.

Comment

• King_Curtis
      Practice Squad
      • Apr 2015

Originally posted by Farmer
      List is comical with some pretty absurd logic. Kaden Smith is head and shoulders the top TE in not only the area but the state yet Corbett Smith has him at 3 based on the style of offense Marxus runs. His number 1TE was more of a hybrid last year though and that puts him at 1 lol

http://highschoolsportsblog.dallasne...for-2015.html/
      What did I text you last year when I was at the Hebron v Marcus game? Holy ****, this kid is incredible. He can block, and he's an animal with the ball. Penalizing him because he doesn't get the ball thrown his way as much is about as asinine as you can get.

Comment

• svhorns
        All State
        • Apr 2015

Yeah I don't know about this. I'm not sure If the writer is trying to be "different" because all the recruiting services have Kaden as the #1 TE in Texas, but his reasoning doesn't make any sense. Argyle is a power house and JC Chalk is a good TE in his own right, he has committed to Clemson, but Kaden is college ready as a junior. Chalk will most likely redshirt depending on Clemson's depth at TE.

Comment

• AllenEaglesFan
          Special Teams
          • May 2015

Odd Corbit Smith stated that, "Smith is, without question, the most talented player on this list. The Stanford pledge is big, strong and agile – with great hands to boot." but if Marcus doesn't use his tallent that is on the coach not Corbit. "Smith didn’t catch a touchdown pass, and only made 29 receptions, in 2014" that doesn't sound like the coach is using his talent.

Originally posted by CHill
          Kaden Smith hands down one of the best TE's I ever seen at the HS level. I always take Corbett Smith's opinions about HS football with a grain of salt.
          I usually agree with the grain of salt but here Corbit Smith is spot on. If the coach doesn't use the talent it is surprising Kaden made the list at all.
          Go Eagles!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

• svhorns
            All State
            • Apr 2015

Originally posted by AllenEaglesFan

Odd Corbit Smith stated that, "Smith is, without question, the most talented player on this list. The Stanford pledge is big, strong and agile – with great hands to boot." but if Marcus doesn't use his tallent that is on the coach not Corbit. "Smith didn’t catch a touchdown pass, and only made 29 receptions, in 2014" that doesn't sound like the coach is using his talent.

I usually agree with the grain of salt but here Corbit Smith is spot on. If the coach doesn't use the talent it is surprising Kaden made the list at all.
            How coach uses Kaden doesn't diminish the players skill. All the headline states is "Top 5 TE's" he is without the doubt the top TE. I don't care how the article was written or what was stated, Kaden Smith IS the top TE. Just a piss poor article with terrible reasoning to have someone believe that JC Chalk is a better TE.
            Last edited by svhorns; 06-12-2015, 02:16 PM.

Comment

• AllenEaglesFan
              Special Teams
              • May 2015

Originally posted by svhorns

How coach uses Kaden doesn't diminish the players skill. All the headline states is "Top 5 TE's" he is without the doubt the top TE. I don't care how the article was written or what was stated, Kaden Smith IS the top TE. Just a piss poor article with terrible reasoning to have someone believe that JC Chalk is a better TE.

Say what? If you don't use a player to their talents that is strike against the coach and his system (OC). The article said he was the top talented TE but his numbers in how he is utilized don't support him even being on the list. Doesn't matter how talented someone is if they are not being utilized they will never be the top of any list. Chalks numbers are better and therefore will top the list over the most talented player.
              Go Eagles!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

• svhorns
                All State
                • Apr 2015

Say what? If you don't use a player to their talents that is strike against the coach and his system (OC). The article said he was the top talented TE but his numbers in how he is utilized don't support him even being on the list. Doesn't matter how talented someone is if they are not being utilized they will never be the top of any list. Chalks numbers are better and therefore will top the list over the most talented player.
                It doesn't matter how talented someone is on a list that's titled "Top TEs"? Ok. I remember when I was 10 too and used to compare athletes. All I used were the stats on the back of their baseball or football card to determine who was better. As I watched more football and matured, I figured out stats have various factors that play into them. What I mean by that is that just because player A has more Tds than player B, it doesn't necessarily mean player A is the better TE. The next thing you're going to tell me is that Chris Robinson from Mesquite Horn was a better passer than both Shawn Robinson from Guyer and Shane Buechele from Arlington Lamar because he had more passing yards. Or that Jalen Guyton was a better WR than DaMarkus Lodge because he had more receiving yards and catches.
                Last edited by svhorns; 06-12-2015, 03:43 PM.

Comment

• AllenEaglesFan
                  Special Teams
                  • May 2015

It doesn't matter how talented someone is on a list that's titled "Top TEs"? Ok. I remember when I was 10 too and used to compare athletes. All I used were the stats on the back of their baseball or football card to determine who was better. As I watched more football and matured, I figured out stats have various factors that play into them. What I mean by that is that just because player A has more Tds than player B, it doesn't necessarily mean player A is the better TE. The next thing you're going to tell me is that Chris Robinson from Mesquite Horn was a better passer than both Shawn Robinson from Guyer and Shane Buechele from Arlington Lamar because he had more passing yards. Or that Jalen Guyton was a better WR than DaMarkus Lodge because he had more receiving yards and catches.

So you play the childish card, lol. So now that you are 11 I take it you believe talent alone makes someone better no matter what?. Sorry I have to disagree, no matter how talented someone is if not living up to that talent whether his or the coaches fault does not make him the top TE. No where did I say numbers alone but it does influence recruiters, pollsters and stack rankings. Won't agree with Chris Robinson being better but will with Guyton.
                  Go Eagles!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

• svhorns
                    All State
                    • Apr 2015

So you play the childish card, lol. So now that you are 11 I take it you believe talent alone makes someone better no matter what?. Sorry I have to disagree, no matter how talented someone is if not living up to that talent whether his or the coaches fault does not make him the top TE. No where did I say numbers alone but it does influence recruiters, pollsters and stack rankings. Won't agree with Chris Robinson being better but will with Guyton.
                    Sorry, you forced my hand. I'm 13 now and my dad said I had to find a new hobby, I started watching football after I put down the cards. I really dont know what else I can say other than the fact if you watch both of their films Kaden is the better all around TE. If you plug Kaden into the Argyle offense, the TE position would have vastly improved for Argyle.

Comment

• Farmer
                      All District
                      • Apr 2015

As SVHorns has already pointed out, college coaches would strongly disagree with that statement. Tell us genius, how did Kaden become the top recruited TE in Texas if he isn't used right? How the Marcus offense was set up last year isn't a knock on Kaden, when you have a QB that can't get you the football your stats won't be impressive in the box scores but you do realize that a TE is more than catching passes and scoring TDs right? I wouldn't expect you to understand that but we can teach you as time passes.

Comment

• Farmer
                        All District
                        • Apr 2015

So how exactly was Guyton better than Lodge?

How exactly is Chalk a better TE than Smith?

Educate us

Comment

• CHill
                          1st Team
                          • Apr 2015

Kaden breaking Odell's Beckham Jr record.
                          . http://t.co/XAIKBixNAe

Comment

• Farmer
                            All District
                            • Apr 2015

He's not that good. He didn't score any TDs last year

Comment

• AllenEaglesFan
                              Special Teams
                              • May 2015

Sorry, you forced my hand. I'm 13 now and my dad said I had to find a new hobby, I started watching football after I put down the cards. I really dont know what else I can say other than the fact if you watch both of their films Kaden is the better all around TE. If you plug Kaden into the Argyle offense, the TE position would have vastly improved for Argyle.

Odds are he would but that no one would ever know for sure as not happening.
                              Go Eagles!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

• AllenEaglesFan
                                Special Teams
                                • May 2015

Saw that previously which is why Corbit and everyone else is saying he has the talent. So far he has not provided the numbers in the game though. There are a lot of players with natural talent but they actually never produce on the field which is why others less talented get the rankings.
                                Go Eagles!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

• Farmer
                                  All District
                                  • Apr 2015

Saw that previously which is why Corbit and everyone else is saying he has the talent. So far he has not provided the numbers in the game though. There are a lot of players with natural talent but they actually never produce on the field which is why others less talented get the rankings.
                                  He has produced over his 3 years as a starter. He won't ever have a lot of TD receptions due to the philosophy in place at Marcus... It's kind of why you were blessed with the QB you had the last 3 years. He transferred over due to an offensive philosophy.

Why don't you tell us why Kaden isn't the best TE in the area?

Comment

• AllenEaglesFan
                                    Special Teams
                                    • May 2015

He has produced over his 3 years as a starter. He won't ever have a lot of TD receptions due to the philosophy in place at Marcus... It's kind of why you were blessed with the QB you had the last 3 years. He transferred over due to an offensive philosophy.

Why don't you tell us why Kaden isn't the best TE in the area?

Already did if you read the post, no one said anything about talent wise he is not the best, even Corbit Smith, just he has not produced the number compared to the others on the list . 29 catches is not a lot.
                                    Go Eagles!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

• Farmer
                                      All District
                                      • Apr 2015

Already did if you read the post, no one said anything about talent wise he is not the best, even Corbit Smith, just he has not produced the number compared to the others on the list . 29 catches is not a lot.
                                      Do you even know what a TE does?

Comment

• svhorns
                                        All State
                                        • Apr 2015

im not sure why this is hard for you to grasp. Not only does Marcus play in one of the toughest districts in all of Texas he doesn't have anyone to get him the ball consistently. Marcus also has an offensive philosophy which limits his touches. What I know for certain, and this can not be argued, is that Kaden Smith is the better prospect based on what college coaches and recruiters think.

Comment

• Farmer
                                          All District
                                          • Apr 2015

Last year Marcus played Allen to their closest game all regular season. During that game Marcus loaded up the strong side of their line and ran a lot of power and blast. With that it meant not much passing. Marcus and their strong side of the line with Smith and Sutherland knocked out about 5 Allen kids. His meaning Smith, presence was far more valuable than releasing on a DE and catching a TD pass

Care to dispure this AEF?

Comment

• CHill
                                            1st Team
                                            • Apr 2015

Last year Marcus played Allen to their closest game all regular season. During that game Marcus loaded up the strong side of their line and ran a lot of power and blast. With that it meant not much passing. Marcus and their strong side of the line with Smith and Sutherland knocked out about 5 Allen kids. His meaning Smith, presence was far more valuable than releasing on a DE and catching a TD pass

That's what I like about him the most, his blocking and he takes out LBs right out of the play.

Comment

• AllenEaglesFan
                                              Special Teams
                                              • May 2015

im not sure why this is hard for you to grasp. Not only does Marcus play in one of the toughest districts in all of Texas he doesn't have anyone to get him the ball consistently. Marcus also has an offensive philosophy which limits his touches. What I know for certain, and this can not be argued, is that Kaden Smith is the better prospect based on what college coaches and recruiters think.

Not hard to grasp as never said he wasn't the most talented and recruited the same as everyone else. So what do you not understand about that?

District 6-6A, which is where Marcus plays is one of the weakest districts in the DFW last year and not really seeing it improving much this year. I am well aware of it as Allen plays in it.
                                              Last edited by AllenEaglesFan; 06-14-2015, 01:23 PM.
                                              Go Eagles!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

• svhorns
                                                All State
                                                • Apr 2015

Not hard to grasp as never said he wasn't the most talented and recruited the same as everyone else. So what do you not understand about that?

District 8-6A, which is where Marcus plays is one of the weakest districts in the DFW last year and not really seeing it improving much this year. I am well aware of it as Allen plays in it.
                                                So you agree that hes the most talented. Great, we all agree he's the most talented. His article isn't based on production if it was, Coleman would also be ahead of Smith. Hell, Polendey didnt even play varsity ball and he's number 5 on the list. He gave his opinion which is great, but its not consistent. Piss poor article that doesnt make any sense.
                                                Last edited by svhorns; 06-12-2015, 09:03 PM.

Comment

• AllenEaglesFan
                                                  Special Teams
                                                  • May 2015

List is comical with some pretty absurd logic. Kaden Smith is head and shoulders the top TE in not only the area but the state yet Corbett Smith has him at 3 based on the style of offense Marxus runs.His number 1TE was more of a hybrid last year though and that puts him at 1 lol

Funny you started out with saying the article was illogical as you did not agree with Corbit Smiths ranking of the top 5 TEs in the DFW. All I did was point out the logic it appears he used and that fact he credited Kaden with being the most talented. Then svhorns and you assumed I was saying Kaden was not as good or most talneted. No where was this stated by me or in the article.

Last year Marcus played Allen to their closest game all regular season. During that game Marcus loaded up the strong side of their line and ran a lot of power and blast. With that it meant not much passing. Marcus and their strong side of the line with Smith and Sutherland knocked out about 5 Allen kids. His meaning Smith, presence was far more valuable than releasing on a DE and catching a TD pass.

Not disputing it, Marcus tried to use the clock and did a better job then previous teams as this was reported in the DMN as probably the best way to hold Allen from scoring since they were averaging scoring in 90 seconds or so on possessions. Nothing new they just waited to snap the ball with a second or two on downs and ran the ball constantly with 56 rushes to 17 pass plays. They had a little help from the clock operator with the change of when to use 40 second and 25 seconds on downs. Which being the home team and having that strategy of clock management I didn't blame them. Do believe almost every down for Marcus he used the 40 second clock instead of the 25 second when play were stopped. Also, In that game Kaden was passed to 7 or 8 times and only caught 4 passes, with a couple easy ones he dropped. Even with all this Allen still won 35-24. It was a good attempt but to no avail.
                                                  Last edited by AllenEaglesFan; 06-13-2015, 08:13 AM.
                                                  Go Eagles!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

• AllenEaglesFan
                                                    Special Teams
                                                    • May 2015

So you agree that hes the most talented. Great, we all agree he's the most talented. His article isn't based on production if it was, Coleman would also be ahead of Smith. Hell, Polendey didnt even play varsity ball and he's number 5 on the list. He gave his opinion which is great, but its not consistent. Piss poor article that doesnt make any sense.
                                                    That is what I and Corbit Smith, you, Farmer and CHill all said previously. Think his article is based on both production and talent or Kaden might not be on the list if only production numbers of catches, scoring and yardage. Not faulting your criticism of Corbits article, you have your opinion of it and I have mine. Funny thing though he does get paid for writing it good or bad.
                                                    Go Eagles!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

• Farmer
                                                      All District
                                                      • Apr 2015

That's what I like about him the most, his blocking and he takes out LBs right out of the play.
                                                      That game was funny to watch. It showed why Allen doesn't trust their own kids. Between Smith and Sutherland, the Allen DL turned in to a mash unit. Smith was dominating any kid Allen lined up across from him.

Comment

• Farmer
                                                        All District
                                                        • Apr 2015

That is what I and Corbit Smith, you, Farmer and CHill all said previously. Think his article is based on both production and talent or Kaden might not be on the list if only production numbers of catches, scoring and yardage. Not faulting your criticism of Corbits article, you have your opinion of it and I have mine. Funny thing though he does get paid for writing it good or bad.
                                                        And you sti don't understand what a TE does on the field.

Smiths article is filled with journalistic lazism. If he wanted to say the top pass catching producing TEs then it would make more sense but he used the top TEs as his article title. You along with Smith don't really have a strong grasp at all on the game of football and what it is that a TE does. That isn't anything new for you though. It's just exhausting having to try and explain the game of football to you because you will never really understand how the game works

Comment

• Farmer
                                                          All District
                                                          • Apr 2015

District 8-6A, which is where Marcus plays is one of the weakest districts in the DFW last year and not really seeing it improving much this year. I am well aware of it as Allen plays in it.
                                                          It's weak because 7 of the 8 teams play by the rules and use their own kids. Anytime you have an all star team and play against other teams using their own kids then the perception of the rest is going to be weak.

Comment

• svhorns
                                                            All State
                                                            • Apr 2015

So you THINK his article is based on both production and talent but you arent quite sure. He takes no clear stance on why he listed the players the way he did. He gives the readers information about each player, which is great, and he even posted a video of JC Chalk doing a box jump. I don't care if he gets paid to write the article and Im not sure why you even mentioned that. If youre a fan boy of smith just let us know, while cute, I thinm youre too old for that.

Comment

Working...