Clear All
  • SLC13
    '16 6A Pick 'Em Champ & '15 6A Pick 'Em Runner-Up
    • Apr 2015

Originally posted by Eagle82
    Game 1
    A-Martin 2
    A-High 1

In spite of a strong pitching performance by Derek Scott for Abilene High, Arlington Martin topped the Eagles, 2-1, to open their Class 6A Regional Quarterfinal series.

Mark Pearson put the Eagles in front in the first inning. He singled to drive in Scott to give Abilene High a 1-0 lead.

Scott made that lead stand into the 5th inning, but that's when Arlington Martin woke up.

Joshua Watson singled to centerfield to bring home Grant Jones. That run tied the game at 1.

Later in the inning, Tristen Lutz delivers another basehit for the Warriors. His hit scored Trey Proffitt to put Martin on top, 2-1.

Scott threw a complete game for Abilene High and gave up just 4 hits and those 2 runs, but Martin pitcher Conner Lidiak was just a little better. He gave up just 2 hits and 1 run in his complete game victory.

Derek Scott said, "It was a good pitching duel. Their guy threw really well today and I felt good on the mound. We didn't swing it today as we could have, we have to come out tomorrow and do that better."

Coach Ryan Lewis said, "Great pitching on both sides. They got a couple of timely hits at the right time and got a couple of runs across and that was the difference in the game."

Abilene High and Arlington Martin meet again in Brock for Game 2 on Saturday.
    Tough loss for AHS, plus Martin got to save their ace Walker for tomorrow. If you can get past him, though, that 3rd game sets up well for AHS 'cause I don't think they got an experienced 3rd pitcher. Best of luck!!

**edit** upon further research, 3rd game pitcher for Martin would probably be Nick Skeffington. He's mainly a reliever, but is 4-1 with 1 save in 21 innings. .
    Last edited by SLC13; 05-23-2015, 12:02 AM.

Comment

• SLC13
      • Apr 2015

REGION I QUARTERFINALS

Arlington Martin (21-3) vs. Abilene
      Gm. 1: 4:30 Friday at Weatherford
      Gm. 2: 1:00 Saturday at Weatherford
      Gm. 3 (if nec.): following Game 2
      Southlake Carroll (24-6) vs. Coppell (24-4)
      Gm. 1: 7:00 Thursday at Argyle
      Gm. 2: 7:00 Friday at Argyle
      Gm. 3 (if nec.): 3:00 Saturday at Prosper
      Wolfforth Frenship vs. Midland
      Gm. 1: 6:00 Friday at Lubbock Christian University
      Gm. 2: 1:00 Saturday at Christensen Stadium in Midland
      Gm. 3 (if nec.): following Game 2
      Flower Mound (28-4) vs. Keller (22-3-1)
      Gm. 1: 7:00 Thursday at UT-Arlington
      Gm. 2: 7:00 Friday at UT-Arlington
      Gm. 3 (if nec.): Saturday at McKinney Boyd, time TBD

Thursday Results
      Keller 5 Flower Mound 1
      SLC 6 Coppell 0

Friday Results
      Flower Mound 2 Keller 1
      Coppell 1 SLC 0
      Arl. Martin 2 Abilene 1
      Frenship 6 Midland 5

Saturday Results
      SLC 3 Coppell 2 (Carroll wins series 2-1)
      Keller 10 Flower Mound 5 (Keller wins series 2-1)
      Arl. Martin 3 Abilene 2 (Martin wins series 2-0)
      Frenship 6 Midland 1 (Frenship wins series 2-0)
      Last edited by SLC13; 05-23-2015, 04:17 PM.

Comment

• JagFan
        1st Team
        • Apr 2015

FM Jags fall to Keller in game 3. Much respect for Keller. As always proud of my Jags. Keller will face Wolfforth Frenship next.

Carroll wins series with Coppell and will play Arlington Martin next.

Comment

• SLC13
          • Apr 2015

First, congrats to Coppell for a great season and a hard fought series!!

What a great win for the Dragons as they move on at the expense of their third straight Top 25 state ranked opponent. The Cowboys only managed 3 runs in the entire series as the Dragon hurlers throw 3 complete game gems!!. Not bad for a little old 4th seed that was supposed to be one and done.

Comment

• Eagle82
            All District
            • Apr 2015

Originally posted by SLC13
            First, congrats to Coppell for a great season and a hard fought series!!

What a great win for the Dragons as they move on at the expense of their third straight Top 25 state ranked opponent. The Cowboys only managed 3 runs in the entire series as the Dragon hurlers throw 3 complete game gems!!. Not bad for a little old 4th seed that was supposed to be one and done.
            Good luck!

AH had a good season and came to play against Martin losing game 2 in the 7th. Some good seniors.
            Last edited by Eagle82; 05-23-2015, 06:53 PM.

Comment

• SLC13
              • Apr 2015

Good luck!

AH had a good season and came to play against Martin losing game 2 in the 7th. Some good seniors.
              Thanks Eagle82!!

I was really hoping we'd get a baseball matchup between AHS and SLC, but I guess we'll have save it for the football field.
              See you at Shotwell this fall. I hope y'all are working on those shade trees for the tailgate!!

Comment

• Eagle82
                All District
                • Apr 2015

Thanks Eagle82!!

I was really hoping we'd get a baseball matchup between AHS and SLC, but I guess we'll have save it for the football field.
                See you at Shotwell this fall. I hope y'all are working on those shade trees for the tailgate!!
                Yeah, about that, it ain't going to happen.

Probably going to reserve the room at Lytle Land & Cattle and invite you all to a good dinner before the game. Figured we'd send a truck load of meat and potatoes to your players to scarf up about 20 mins before kickoff.

I would have loved to see a series with us against each other.

Comment

• SLC13
                  • Apr 2015

Yeah, about that, it ain't going to happen.

Probably going to reserve the room at Lytle Land & Cattle and invite you all to a good dinner before the game. Figured we'd send a truck load of meat and potatoes to your players to scarf up about 20 mins before kickoff.

I would have loved to see a series with us against each other.
                  Actually that plan sounds much better. At my age the thought of sitting in a real chairs and enjoying dinner in air conditioned comfort has great appeal!! We can chat more closer to the game.

I'm also sure the team will appreciate the truckload of meat as a gesture of sportsmanship. I'm told that the celebratory bus ride home, goes much faster when chowing down on some of Abilene's best cuisine.

Comment

• Eagle82
                    All District
                    • Apr 2015

Actually that plan sounds much better. At my age my the thought of sitting in a real chairs and enjoying dinner in air conditioned comfort has great appeal!! We can chat more closer to the game.

Also I'm sure the team will appreciate the truckload of meat as a gesture of sportsmanship. I'm told that the celebratory bus ride home, goes much faster when chowing down on some of Abilene's best cuisine.
                    I'll get it setup and let you all know the details. It's just right down the road from the stadium. CHill said they're open that week and he has plans to be there as well.

The meat and potatoes is a before the game offer only. It must be consumed right before kickoff, no exceptions!

On to baseball, I think you guys will take the series with Martin. Sure Abilene was swept but one run games and tied going into the 7th against their best pitcher, our boys should be proud. I think SLC will have more talent/power than Abilene was able to bring to the field.

Comment

• SLC13
                      • Apr 2015

I'll get it setup and let you all know the details. It's just right down the road from the stadium. CHill said they're open that week and he has plans to be there as well.

The meat and potatoes is a before the game offer only. It must be consumed right before kickoff, no exceptions!

On to baseball, I think you guys will take the series with Martin. Sure Abilene was swept but one run games and tied going into the 7th against their best pitcher, our boys should be proud. I think SLC will have more talent/power than Abilene was able to bring to the field.
                      I certainly hope you are correct. Our Soph. closer from the regular season has pitched complete game 3 victories in both of the last two series. Having three solid starters I think will really help us in this series. On the other hand Martin has had our number in baseball, having eliminated us in 2 of the last 3 years. Let's hope that changes this year.

Comment

• CHill
                        1st Team
                        • Apr 2015

I certainly hope you are correct. Our Soph. closer from the regular season has pitched complete game 3 victories in both of the last two series. Having three solid starters I think will really help us in this series. On the other hand Martin has had our number in baseball, having eliminated us in 2 of the last 3 years. Let's hope that changes this year.

I'll be at this series! Probably be play in GP as in the past and should be a good match-up.

Comment

• SLC13
                          • Apr 2015

REGION I SEMIFINALS

Arl. Martin (23-3) vs. SL Carroll (26-7)
                          Gm. 1: 7:00 Thursday at QuikTrip Park
                          Gm. 2: 7:00 Friday at QuikTrip Park
                          Gm. 3 (if nec.): TBD Saturday at QuikTrip Park

Wolff. Frenship vs. Keller (24-4-1)
                          Gm. 1: 7:00 Thursday at Hardin-Simmons
                          Gm. 2: 2:00 Friday at Texas Tech
                          Gm. 3 (if nec.): 2:00 Saturday at McKinney Boyd

Thursday Results
                          SLC 5 Martin 2

Friday Results
                          Martin 4 SLC 0 (Series tied 1-1)
                          Keller 7 Frenship 5
                          Keller 9 Frenship 0 (Keller wins series 2-0)
                          Last edited by SLC13; 05-29-2015, 10:39 PM.

Comment

• SLC13
                            • Apr 2015

SLC scores 4 runs in the 6th and adds 1 more in the 7th to beat Martin 5-2 in game 1 of their 3 game series.

Comment

• SLC13
                              • Apr 2015

DMN article.........

Sixth-inning spark boosts Carroll over Arl. Martin 5-2 in opener

GRAND PRAIRIE — For five innings Thursday night, the Southlake Carroll offense just wasn’t getting a spark against Arlington Martin.
                              On the first pitch of the sixth, however, Nic Motley got hold of a Conner Lidiak curveball down the middle and drove it over the left-field fence to ignite Carroll’s 5-2 Class 6A Region I semifinal victory at QuikTrip Park.
                              Motley’s homer landed short of the sports bar over the left-field wall and started a 4-0 surge that Martin couldn’t match.
                              “I just jumped at it because that’s one thing we haven’t been doing — we haven’t been aggressive,” Motley said. “So I went after the first one I saw, and it ended up going out.”
                              The teams play Game 2 at 7 p.m. Friday with a third game Saturday, if necessary.
                              In the bi-district round, Carroll won a best-of-3 series against Midlothian at QuikTrip Park. On a humid Thursday, Carroll belted 10 hits, and pitcher Matthew Canterino surrendered six hits.
                              Nate Sorokia drove in a run in the third and Tristan Lutz singled to score another in the fourth for Martin (23-4).
                              In the fifth, Carroll (27-7) had a rally going with the bases loaded and no outs. Drew Davis beat out a bunt to advance Ryan Bellamy and Soren Krug to load the bases.
                              Ross Cadena hit a long fly ball to right field. Bellamy appeared to have scored from third, but the third-base umpire ruled that Bellamy had left the base too early.
                              “That really killed our rally,” Carroll coach Larry Hughes said. “We had something going there and the umpire snuffed that one out for us really good.
                              “I watched it, and he didn’t leave early. That was a really bad call.”
                              But Carroll got back on track in the sixth thanks to Motley, who’s been delivering big hits in the postseason. Against Coppell in the Region I semifinals, Motley had a two-run homer over an extended wall. Against Martin in the seventh inning, he drove in another run to give him 44 runs batted in this season.
                              “He’s been a catalyst for us all year,” Hughes said. “You leave a ball out there, and he can hit it a long way.”

http://www.dallasnews.com/sports/hig...-in-opener.ece

FWST article.........

Southlake Carroll rallies past Arlington Martin in Game 1

GRAND PRAIRIE — As would happen in a hotly contested playoff series, it took a little controversy to set things ablaze with Arlington Martin and Southlake Carroll on Thursday night.
                              After being called out on appeal in the fifth inning, right fielder Ryan Bellamy smacked a one-out triple to left in the sixth, scoring two runs and helping Carroll to a 5-2 Game 1 win over Martin in a Class 6A best-of-three regional baseball semifinal at QuikTrip Park.
                              The teams return to QuikTrip for Game 2 at 7 p.m. Friday.
                              “I was a little angry for sure,” Bellamy said. “I don’t think I left early, but that’s not the call that was made. I didn’t know what he was going to throw me, but when he threw that curve low and in, I just turned on it.”
                              With Carroll down 2-0 in the fifth, Bellamy worked himself to third after a single to open the inning for Carroll (27-7).
                              He was called out after apparently leaving third too soon on Ross Cadena’s sacrifice fly to right.
                              That extra out helped Connor Lidiak and the Warriors (23-4) work out of a bases-loaded jam with nobody out in the fifth.
                              But when Nic Motley crushed a solo shot off the Sports Bar & Grill net in left field for a home run to start the sixth inning, Bellamy got his chance at redemption after Zach Farrar and Kevin Cramer reached successfully.
                              Bellamy worked the count to 2-2, then drove the pitch over the head of retreating Martin left fielder Trey Proffitt.
                              Bellamy popped up from his slide into third in exultation. It was part of a four-run sixth.
                              “He says Bellamy left early,” Carroll coach Larry Hughes said. “But in this situation, in that kind of a game, that was the wrong call to make. Ryan sure hit that ball a lot harder than I thought and it was big for us.”
                              Matt Canterino (10-1) worked all seven innings for Carroll, scattering two runs and six hits and striking out seven on 107 pitches (69 strikes).
                              Lidiak (7-1) picked up his first loss of the season after throwing five scoreless innings. He gave up five earned runs, nine hits and had one strikeout.
                              Kevin Cramer (6-2) gets the ball for Carroll in Game 2, and Eric Walker (11-0) will take the mound for Martin.

http://www.dfw.com/2015/05/28/999955...lies-past.html
                              Last edited by SLC13; 05-28-2015, 11:46 PM.

Comment

• SLC13
                                • Apr 2015

Not an impressive showing for the Dragons as they looked like a 4th seed tonight. Martin ace, Eric Walker, throws a 4 hit shutout and the Dragons also contribute 4 errors to cause. It's usually not an indicator of good things when your hits and errors are equal, and tonight was no exception. Let's hope the team recovers and plays better in game 3.

Comment

• SLC13
                                  • Apr 2015

Keller/Wolfforth Frenship, 7-5, 9-0: Keller was one out from losing its series opener Friday afternoon.
                                  Then Luke Wakamatsu came through with a game-saving hit, lining a two-out double to right field to drive in Bradley Gneiting and tie the score in the top of the seventh.
                                  In extra innings, Keller got a leadoff triple from Brady Lindsly in the eighth and took the lead when a run scored on a dropped third strike. Shea Langeliers added a sacrifice fly in the inning, and another run scored on an error with Wakamatsu hitting as Keller went on to beat Wolfforth Frenship 7-5 in Game 1 of a best-of-3 Class 6A Region I semifinal series at Texas Tech.
                                  Frenship got an RBI single from Stephen Tackitt in the bottom of the eighth and had runners at first and second with two outs. But Riley Coover, one of four pitchers used by Keller, got a flyout to end the game.
                                  Keller (26-4-1) then had no trouble completing a two-game sweep, routing Frenship 9-0 later Friday in Game 2 as Gabe Martinez pitched a six-hit shutout. Wakamatsu was 3 for 4 with a triple, a run and an RBI, and he went 6 for 8 in the series.

Arlington Martin 4, Southlake Carroll 0: LSU pledge Eric Walker pitched a four-hit shutout, and Josh Avery was 2 for 2 with a run and an RBI as Martin tied the 6A Region I semifinal series at one victory each and forced a Game 3 on Saturday.
                                  Martin (24-4) broke a scoreless tie with a run in the top of the fourth as Tony Defilippo led off with a triple and scored on a single by Avery. Martin added a run in each of the final three innings.

Comment

• SLC13
                                    • Apr 2015

Great season for the SLC Dragons, but it comes to an end. Congrats to Arl.Martin as they roll into the Region 1 final with an 8-2 victory in game 3.

Comment

• CHill
                                      1st Team
                                      • Apr 2015

Great season for the SLC Dragons, but it comes to an end. Congrats to Arl.Martin as they roll into the Region 1 final with an 8-2 victory in game 3.

Martin seems to have SLC number in baseball. Congrats on a great season!

Comment

• SLC13
                                        • Apr 2015

Originally posted by CHill

Martin seems to have SLC number in baseball. Congrats on a great season!
                                        Yes it's really interesting our battles with Arl. Martin. They own us in baseball and we own them in football..

Comment

• Eagle82
                                          All District
                                          • Apr 2015

I really thought you all would take them this year.

Congrats on a great season, see you in a few months!

Comment

• SLC13
                                            • Apr 2015

I really thought you all would take them this year.

Congrats on a great season, see you in a few months!
                                            I did too after game 1, but alas it was not to be.

Can't wait for football to get here even with Carroll's multiple long roadtrips. I'm not sure how many SLCbandmom and I will go on this year, but we'll definitely make the trek to Abilene. So tell that restaurant to get some prime cuts ready for Friday 9/25.
                                            Last edited by SLC13; 05-30-2015, 11:36 PM.

Comment

• JagFan
                                              1st Team
                                              • Apr 2015

Congrats to Cy Ranch on their State Championship!!

Comment

• Farmer
                                                All District
                                                • Apr 2015

Can you all imagine what the Cypress Fairbanks ISD would be if they took the Allen approach?

I'm so happy for those kids winning a state title

Comment

• svhorns
                                                  All State
                                                  • Apr 2015

Originally posted by Farmer
                                                  Can you all imagine what the Cypress Fairbanks ISD would be if they took the Allen approach?

I'm so happy for those kids winning a state title
                                                  Cy-Fair ISD is the anti Allen of Texas High Schools.

Comment

• Eagle82
                                                    All District
                                                    • Apr 2015

Congrats to the final top 25!

You do not have permission to view this gallery.
                                                    This gallery has 1 photos.

Comment

Working...