• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • BevoBo
    Special Teams
    • Apr 2015

Originally posted by Super B
    Hey, I'm just bustin' your chops.

Thing is, there was a lot of talk of Natee leading into his soph year. More talk about him than Wilson. There was a little talk of Maile coming into his Soph year (last season) because of course we needed a QB to replace Hammock. I just think the excitement level about Natee coming in was far greater than Wilson or Maile a year later.
    True that, I heard of Tyler his freshman year.

Comment

• Super B
      All District
      • Apr 2015

Originally posted by TrinityTrojan299
      DL will be impressive. Size, speed, and depth. They have the potential to be dominate, especially if Daniels can stay healthy.

OL will be good, but it will take them a while to gel and get all the blocking schemes down. Look for them to struggle early then find their way after a few games.

RB pool is very talented and very deep. Zero concern there.

Secondary is a point of concern, just because they are new. We lost a lot to graduation. I think we will be fine here, but again may take a few games to get up to speed.

TE, WR, QB. Who knows? We have talent and potential here, but this whole open up the offense a bit more is new to us. I think Trinity would be a nightmare to defend if we prove to have an effective short passing game. I hope it comes together, because if it does this team could be playing late into December. Just depends on getting the secondary and OL up to the level they need to be.
      Thank you.
      Super B

Comment

• Super B
        All District
        • Apr 2015

Trinity Football records:

Career Rushing leaders

Name (varsity seasons) carries/yards TDs
        1. Dimitri Nance (2003-2005) 672/5,281 66 TDs
        2. Tevin Williams (2008-2010) 510/3,408 48 TDs
        3. Ja'Ron Wilson (2013-2015) 429/3,124 43 TDs
        4. Terrance Tuson (2009-2010) 304/2,703 41 TDs
        5. Samir Baker (2006-2007) 374/2,617 20 TDs
        6. Jo'el Kimpella (2010-2011) 241/2,508 28 TDs
        7. Akuila Eteaki (2003-2004) 379/2,036 39 TDs
        8. Isaac Ellsworth (2012-2013) 149/1,986 14 TDs
        9. Tray Robinson (2006-2008) 329/1,947 40 TDs
        10. Tyler Natee (2013-2015) 234/1,836 18 TDs
        11. Brandon Carter (2009-2010) 117/1,373 15 TDs

Stats are only available for 2003-present. It is possible that a few names from previous may be listed if those stats were available, but I doubt it.
        Last edited by Super B; 06-27-2015, 01:01 PM.
        Super B

Comment

• Super B
          All District
          • Apr 2015

I just posted the Trinity all decade team. On page 1, post 4.
          Super B

Comment

• Super B
            All District
            • Apr 2015

Originally posted by BevoBo
            Met Toby Harrah II & III over weekend. Very friendly and nice. Toby III is every bit 6'2 or taller. Good looking athlete!
            So I have heard.
            Super B

Comment

• Super B
              All District
              • Apr 2015

Originally posted by Tboy1152
              Went and watched the last quarterback camp up at Trinity today and saw Toby Harrah throw the ball around and he looks really good moving around nice in the pocket has a strong arm.It looks like future of Trinity high school is in good hands!
              Some day. Hopefully Tboy will have a chance to get some meaningful reps in games a few times when it actually matters. Then next season he can start.
              Super B

Comment

• Tboy1152
                Practice Squad
                • Apr 2015

Watched the Jv practice today and looks like they were running the spread and read option more in practice I wonder if this is what kind of offensive direction they will go once the new OC can Implement his system fully. Coach Jensen has said that this Sophmore class has more talent than any class since he has been at Trinity I don't know if it's true or not only time will tell but the future looks bright for the Trinity Trojans. The back field for the Jv was Toby Harrah at Qb, Jaylon Wilson (brother of Jarod)Rb,Caleb Canute Rb with Simeon Ellsworth backing them up. The Offensive line and D lines are Massive for the Jv as well can't wait to watch the Scrimmage Against Denton Guyer Aug 22 5:00 Pennington field..T's up

Comment

• Super B
                  All District
                  • Apr 2015

Originally posted by Tboy1152
                  Watched the Jv practice today and looks like they were running the spread and read option more in practice I wonder if this is what kind of offensive direction they will go once the new OC can Implement his system fully. Coach Jensen has said that this Sophmore class has more talent than any class since he has been at Trinity I don't know if it's true or not only time will tell but the future looks bright for the Trinity Trojans. The back field for the Jv was Toby Harrah at Qb, Jaylon Wilson (brother of Jarod)Rb,Caleb Canute Rb with Simeon Ellsworth backing them up. The Offensive line and D lines are Massive for the Jv as well can't wait to watch the Scrimmage Against Denton Guyer Aug 22 5:00 Pennington field..T's up
                  I am excited about those RB's as well. Especially Canue. From what I have heard, he is the best of those three.
                  Super B

Comment

• Super B
                    All District
                    • Apr 2015

Originally posted by TrojanHorse03
                    &quot;After winning last year’s CIF Open Division title with a 63-42 victory over Centennial of Corona and with a starting lineup of primarily juniors, the question about this year’s football team at De La Salle of Concord wasn’t whether it would start out No. 1 in California or even No. 1 in the nation but whether it might be one of the best or the best in the legendary program’s history.&quot;

http://www.calhisports.com/2015/08/1...lle-showdowns/
                    Don't think it has escaped me that humbleness is not exactly a defining characteristic of Spartan fans.
                    Super B

Comment

• Trojanbacker2
                      Special Teams
                      • Jul 2015

Anyone know what time practice starts in the morning? Something more definitive than "early"?

Comment

• Super B
                        All District
                        • Apr 2015

Originally posted by Trojanbacker2
                        Anyone know what time practice starts in the morning? Something more definitive than "early"?
                        I am at practice right now. From today on JV starts at 4P and Varsity starts at 5P.

Not really sure a vacation day is necessary depending on your off time and commute from work.

Saturday morning at Pennington at 7A-ish. Just Varsity.
                        Super B

Comment

• Trinity Dad
                          Practice Squad
                          • Jul 2015

Don't think it has escaped me that humbleness is not exactly a defining characteristic of Spartan fans.
                          Yeah they list this matchup as third. Looks like a buildup to be ranked as #1 nationally.

From the article:
                          "Trinity also would certainly qualify as a top team. The Trojans have won three Class 5A state titles in their history and return a bevy of D1 college recruits after last year’s team went 12-2."

Don't know if I would describe 5 returning starters as a "bevy". Must be a California thing.

Also from the article:
                          The saying “Don’t Mess With Texas” probably came from high school football there.

Guess they aren't familiar with the commercials especially the one with the CAF bomber.

Comment

• DPaul
                            Special Teams
                            • Apr 2015

Originally posted by Trinity Dad

Yeah they list this matchup as third. Looks like a buildup to be ranked as #1 nationally.

From the article:
                            "Trinity also would certainly qualify as a top team. The Trojans have won three Class 5A state titles in their history and return a bevy of D1 college recruits after last year’s team went 12-2."

Don't know if I would describe 5 returning starters as a "bevy". Must be a California thing.

Also from the article:
                            The saying “Don’t Mess With Texas” probably came from high school football there.

Guess they aren't familiar with the commercials especially the one with the CAF bomber.

I like the kneeling of the ball 3 straight plays vs Evangel Christian with 1:38 in the game at the one yard line up 27-10.

Really showed what it's like to play at DLS....because no other team would have done that.

Comment

• Super B
                              All District
                              • Apr 2015

Originally posted by DPaul

I like the kneeling of the ball 3 straight plays vs Evangel Christian with 1:38 in the game at the one yard line up 27-10.

Really showed what it's like to play at DLS....because no other team would have done that.
                              Except for Trinity.
                              Super B

Comment

• DPaul
                                Special Teams
                                • Apr 2015

Except for Trinity.
                                Actually I was being sarcastic. I've seen it happen quite abit but it sounded like DLS the good Christian school it is invented sportsmanship.

Comment

• Trojanbacker2
                                  Special Teams
                                  • Jul 2015

I am at practice right now. From today on JV starts at 4P and Varsity starts at 5P.

Not really sure a vacation day is necessary depending on your off time and commute from work.

Saturday morning at Pennington at 7A-ish. Just Varsity.
                                  Thanks for the info!

Comment

• Trinity-Jagger
                                    Practice Squad
                                    • Jan 2017

Finally made the jump over here from a few fellow posters convincing me to come aboard and nice to see well known posters from before.Looking forward to the board and chatting with fellow posters.

GO JAGS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Working...