Collin Wilder: http://www.hudl.com/athlete/1663222/collin-wilder
    Travis Whillock: http://www.hudl.com/athlete/2551777/travis-whillock
    JR Blades: http://www.hudl.com/athlete/3481305/...s/180070378/v2

Comment

• Farmer
      All District
      • Apr 2015

Can't wait to watch these later.

How's the QB development coming along and who is going to step up and add extra depth at RB

Comment

• dada
        dada commented
        Editing a comment
        Doiron is a baseball player and the Tigers have been good lately so it looks again that Doiron will miss Spring Ball. Ryder Anderson was a QB, but literally grew out of the position and is now a 6'5 DE lol....RB's should be OK. You have Porter and the guy who I think is the next great Katy back in Kevon Copeland. KaDarius Page should be in the mix as well.
    • Admin
      TX HS Football Talk
      • Mar 2015

You had this under the 5A team threads, I moved it to the 6A team threads.

Thanks!

Comment

• dada
        dada commented
        Editing a comment
        Sorry...still stuck in the old "5A" days lol
    • Farmer
      All District
      • Apr 2015

What year is Copeland?

Comment

• dada
        2nd Team
        • Apr 2015

Originally posted by Farmer
        What year is Copeland?
        He's going to be a JR....he moved in from Conneticut right before school started....this will be his first Katy off-season. Was moved up in the playoffs and did great...due to duplicate numbers players wear during the playoffs, people assumed he was someone else...a SR that wore the same number.

Comment

• Farmer
          All District
          • Apr 2015

Did he play JV last year?

Comment

• dada
            2nd Team
            • Apr 2015

Did he play JV last year?
            Soph Team....Kadaruis was the JV running back

Comment

• Farmer
              All District
              • Apr 2015

Always so much depth at RB.. How's the OLine going to be this year? Last year they appeared to be a bit slower than most Katy lines I've seen

Comment

• dada
                2nd Team
                • Apr 2015

Always so much depth at RB.. How's the OLine going to be this year? Last year they appeared to be a bit slower than most Katy lines I've seen
                Better than last year at this time. last year you had 2 or 3 guys that never played OL before...you have 2 All district guys coming back and some true hawgs moving up from subvaristy who already KNOW the position and don't have to adjust.

Comment

• Farmer
                  All District
                  • Apr 2015

Originally posted by dada
                  Better than last year at this time. last year you had 2 or 3 guys that never played OL before...you have 2 All district guys coming back and some true hawgs moving up from subvaristy who already KNOW the position and don't have to adjust.
                  I think against Cedar Hill that really hurt Katy. Katy was never really able to generate any control of the LOS and that hurt the offense getting into a consistent flow of moving down field and getting the PA game going. I'm glad to hear they will be better this year

Comment

• dada
                    2nd Team
                    • Apr 2015

I think against Cedar Hill that really hurt Katy. Katy was never really able to generate any control of the LOS and that hurt the offense getting into a consistent flow of moving down field and getting the PA game going. I'm glad to hear they will be better this year
                    QB confidence or lack of hurt Katy. Qb had HORRIBLE game the week before against Steele...was off on throws....3 int's. First offensive series vs Cedar Hill, first play from own 5 yard line....I think the play call was to give him confidence early...it back fired when he rolled out and was hammered for a safety...all of his throws were rushed after that and he wasn't comfortable in the pocket.

Comment

• Farmer
                      All District
                      • Apr 2015

QB confidence or lack of hurt Katy. Qb had HORRIBLE game the week before against Steele...was off on throws....3 int's. First offensive series vs Cedar Hill, first play from own 5 yard line....I think the play call was to give him confidence early...it back fired when he rolled out and was hammered for a safety...all of his throws were rushed after that and he wasn't comfortable in the pocket.
                      I think a lot of that had to do with OLine also adjusting to the front and speed they saw from CHill. Rodney had to fight a lot more for his yards that day than he was accustomed to because that CHill front was so active and fast

Comment

• dada
                        2nd Team
                        • Apr 2015

I think a lot of that had to do with OLine also adjusting to the front and speed they saw from CHill. Rodney had to fight a lot more for his yards that day than he was accustomed to because that CHill front was so active and fast
                        CHill wasn't going to let Rodney beat them the way Adam Taylor did. I'd focus on stopping Rodney too and if Katy beat us passing the ball...then so be it. QB was taken out of the game mentally early, IMO

Comment

• Farmer
                          All District
                          • Apr 2015

CHill wasn't going to let Rodney beat them the way Adam Taylor did. I'd focus on stopping Rodney too and if Katy beat us passing the ball...then so be it. QB was taken out of the game mentally early, IMO
                          Was Dorion a sophomore?

Comment

• 93streak
                            Special Teams
                            • Apr 2015

The defense yall are gonna have is gonna be a beast!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

• dada
                              2nd Team
                              • Apr 2015

Was Dorion a sophomore?
                              JR...he was a Soph, the year CHILL made the great comeback

Comment

• dada
                                2nd Team
                                • Apr 2015

Originally posted by 93streak
                                The defense yall are gonna have is gonna be a beast!!!!!!!!!!
                                I have a feeling they will be historically good. Last season they had 5 shutouts and 5 other games where teams scored late in the 4th on 3rd string...155 points in 16 games...I think they are capable of going sub 100. There was a point last season to where the Defense SCORED more points on the year than they gave up

Comment

• 93streak
                                  Special Teams
                                  • Apr 2015

Yep Now if only we can find a way to penetrate it lol Easier said than Done i am afraid however

Comment

• dada
                                    2nd Team
                                    • Apr 2015

Originally posted by 93streak
                                    Yep Now if only we can find a way to penetrate it lol Easier said than Done i am afraid however
                                    A lot can happen between now and then...injuries...etc. But I REALLY want to see Manvel/Westfield

Comment

• SumDude
                                      Practice Squad
                                      • Apr 2015

I have Katy beating Arlington Lamar in the state finals. Maybe only Desoto and (now) Allen could actually challenge Katy for the best team in 2015. It's hard not to have the Tigers at the top spot. Reminds me of the 2007 squad! Katy is going to destroy everything in its way!

Comment

• CHill
                                        1st Team
                                        • Apr 2015

Was Dorion a sophomore?

Junior

Comment

• 93streak
                                          Special Teams
                                          • Apr 2015

A lot can happen between now and then...injuries...etc. But I REALLY want to see Manvel/Westfield
                                          first game of the year will be a great one i expect a better game than last years

Comment

• sTp
                                            1st Team
                                            • Apr 2015

Katy's D was IMO the best unit on the field on Death Star, err, Championship day. Really hope I get to see them later in the year to see how they have progressed. Outside of a televised game, I have little chance to see them, so here's to hoping you guys get back to the big game again.

Comment

• SBBear
                                              2nd Team
                                              • Apr 2015

Originally posted by sTp
                                              Katy's D was IMO the best unit on the field on Death Star, err, Championship day. Really hope I get to see them later in the year to see how they have progressed. Outside of a televised game, I have little chance to see them, so here's to hoping you guys get back to the big game again.
                                              D should once again be one of the best in the state and will allow Katy to win most if not all of their district and non district games. Think the best 2 games for possible Katy loss will be The Woodlands again and possibly 7 Lakes, Coach Wilson has done a great job with that program the last 3 years. The real question will be what type of diversity Katy will have on offense, I do not think they need to make wholesale changes, power run has worked well for them the last 20 years are so, but hopefully they will remember the TE this year and that the seam is open every game all game......

Comment

• ktCarl
                                                Special Teams
                                                • Apr 2015

Originally posted by SBBear

D should once again be one of the best in the state and will allow Katy to win most if not all of their district and non district games. Think the best 2 games for possible Katy loss will be The Woodlands again and possibly 7 Lakes, Coach Wilson has done a great job with that program the last 3 years. The real question will be what type of diversity Katy will have on offense, I do not think they need to make wholesale changes, power run has worked well for them the last 20 years are so, but hopefully they will remember the TE this year and that the seam is open every game all game......
                                                How many players does The Woodz lose to graduation? This years' contest will be at Rhodes in Katy. Don't see The Woodz winning there unless they have some super-stud O and D players and/or Katy has a meltdown.

Comment

• SBBear
                                                  2nd Team
                                                  • Apr 2015

Originally posted by ktCarl

How many players does The Woodz lose to graduation? This years' contest will be at Rhodes in Katy. Don't see The Woodz winning there unless they have some super-stud O and D players and/or Katy has a meltdown.
                                                  They have lost a few, main one being Carr, but I would have bet the farm on Katy winning last year at the bank as well since the Woodlands struggled to generate any offense in the first 2 games, and we see how that turned out. The Woodlands historically has been a tough game for Katy, the 2 blowouts recently not withstanding. Believe that the series is tied 5-5 at the moment.

Comment

• dada
                                                    2nd Team
                                                    • Apr 2015

Originally posted by SBBear

7 Lakes won't come close to beating Katy....no one in district will. I'd be surprised if anyone in district kept it within 21 points.
                                                    The Woodlands game will be the test...they are strong (Defense) where many think katy is "supposedly" weak(offense).....lots of people have the sour taste of two lost championship games in their mouths and are really underestimating Katy.

Comment

• SBBear
                                                      2nd Team
                                                      • Apr 2015

7 Lakes won't come close to beating Katy....no one in district will. I'd be surprised if anyone in district kept it within 21 points.
                                                      The Woodlands game will be the test...they are strong (Defense) where many think katy is "supposedly" weak(offense).....lots of people have the sour taste of two lost championship games in their mouths and are really underestimating Katy.
                                                      Yeah sometimes I don't get it, yes it is a disappointment to lose 2 straight but dang they have been there 3 years in a row, I would bet that any other team in the state except for CHILL and Allen would trade places with Katy in a heartbeat!!! I agree with your assessment on the district, and Katy should roll through without a blemish, however think that the 2 games I mentioned above would possible be good games.

Comment

• dada
                                                        2nd Team
                                                        • Apr 2015

Many have said that the missing piece of the Katy puzzle in recent years has been the deep threat off they play action. This kid could be that missing piece.

Comment

Working...