All scores updated on first post.
    Super B

Comment

• Eagle2
      All District
      • Apr 2015

Originally posted by sTp
      Here we go!!
      Congrats to sTp on first win of season. Hope this is a start of many to come.

Comment

• Eagle2
        All District
        • Apr 2015

Originally posted by JagFan
        McKinney Boyd 41
        Mesquite Horn 38

Final
        The best game of the night.

Comment

• OakTreeOut-n-Up
          Special Teams
          • Apr 2015

Maybe Richland is better than I think, and most likely Lamar will improve throughout the year, but 1st sample isn't compelling evidence that Lamar deserved the lofty pre-season praise.

Comment

• sTp
            1st Team
            • Apr 2015

Originally posted by Eagle2
            Congrats to sTp on first win of season. Hope this is a start of many to come.
            Thanks Eagle!! Looking forward to seeing your boys tomorrow. All the best to you guys this season.

Comment

• Eagle82
              All District
              • Apr 2015

Originally posted by OakTreeOut-n-Up
              Maybe Richland is better than I think, and most likely Lamar will improve throughout the year, but 1st sample isn't compelling evidence that Lamar deserved the lofty pre-season praise.
              Lamar's QB1 is way overrated. Must have something to do with who his daddy is. He was running scared all night last fall against our little ole Abilene boys.

Comment

• svhorns
                All State
                • Apr 2015

Originally posted by Eagle82

Lamar's QB1 is way overrated. Must have something to do with who his daddy is. He was running scared all night last fall against our little ole Abilene boys.
                You take that back right now. Seriously though the first game is always a good time to dust the rust off. He was missing his number 1 receiver and Arkansas commit Kofi Boateng. The Lamar team will come around, their defense needs to step it up their offense will be just fine this year.

Comment

• CHill
                  1st Team
                  • Apr 2015

Originally posted by Eagle82

The program is over-rated, expect to see the annual one and out for the third year in a row again with the starting QB in those games.

Comment

• svhorns
                    All State
                    • Apr 2015

Originally posted by CHill

The program is over-rated, expect to see the annual one and out for the third year in a row again with the starting QB in those games.
                    Care to explain how the program is overrated? I thought Eddy Peach a Texas High School Football Hall of Famer, did a great job with their program. From 1970-2010 under Peach they amassed a 309-124 record. Made it to the state championship game in 1990 and state semis in 2000 and 2003. Lamar has had a couple of coaching changes already since Peach has left so stability isn't a favorable factor for them right now.

I can think of hundreds of programs who can't match that. If anyone is overrated on a consistent basis check the other beltline school. 0 state championships and numerous times they were considered the favorite.

Seems like a lazy statement to call the whole entire program overrated, or you're just trolling, which is a trait of the other board.

Comment

• Super B
                      All District
                      • Apr 2015

Originally posted by CHill

I agree. They ARE overrated. They were eliminated in round 1, then the next season ranked in a few pre-season polls. Not just about rankings either. Lamar has been spoken of quite highly by some.

A bit bit premature I believe.
                      Super B

Comment

• Farmer
                        All District
                        • Apr 2015

Originally posted by svhorns

Care to explain how the program is overrated? I thought Eddy Peach a Texas High School Football Hall of Famer, did a great job with their program. From 1970-2010 under Peach they amassed a 309-124 record. Made it to the state championship game in 1990 and state semis in 2000 and 2003. Lamar has had a couple of coaching changes already since Peach has left so stability isn't a favorable factor for them right now.

I can think of hundreds of programs who can't match that. If anyone is overrated on a consistent basis check the other beltline school. 0 state championships and numerous times they were considered the favorite.

Seems like a lazy statement to call the whole entire program overrated, or you're just trolling, which is a trait of the other board.
                        peach did an amazing job, twice in '89 and '91 they ran into Permian in the 3rd round and lost both of those. In '95 had an undefeated team led by Joe Walker as QB who went undefeated until they played a loaded Marcus team in the 4th round and had a few other notable runs under Peach. Arlington Lamar for the better part of 15-20 years was probably the most consistent or one of the most consistent programs in the DFW region. I've always said it along with SV are probably the 2 best programs in Texas to never have won a state title.

Comment

• svhorns
                          All State
                          • Apr 2015

Originally posted by Farmer

peach did an amazing job, twice in '89 and '91 they ran into Permian in the 3rd round and lost both of those. In '95 had an undefeated team led by Joe Walker as QB who went undefeated until they played a loaded Marcus team in the 4th round and had a few other notable runs under Peach. Arlington Lamar for the better part of 15-20 years was probably the most consistent or one of the most consistent programs in the DFW region. I've always said it along with SV are probably the 2 best programs in Texas to never have won a state title.
                          I agree. The fact that I need to bring this up though irks me a little. I understand someone from SA or Houston might throw out such a ridiculous statement like "Lamar is an overrated program" but not someone in their own backyard. Everyone knows what Eddy Peach did for Lamar and Texas High School Football, what an insult to the man to even say something like that.

Comment

• Super B
                            All District
                            • Apr 2015

What does saying Lamar is overrated have anything to do with Eddy Peach or his legacy?

No no one here has said Lamar is overrated in a historical context. We are referring to the hype some people have given them in the pre-season.

Historically Lamar has never been overrated.
                            Super B

Comment

• Farmer
                              All District
                              • Apr 2015

Originally posted by Super B
                              What does saying Lamar is overrated have anything to do with Eddy Peach or his legacy?

No no one here has said Lamar is overrated in a historical context. We are referring to the hype some people have given them in the pre-season.

the word program was used. Maybe rephrase it by saying they may be overrated in terms of rankings but as a program, that goes through this history of their existence.

Comment

• svhorns
                                All State
                                • Apr 2015

Super what are we going to do with you? Read first, answer second, I've told you this before. I can't hold your hand every time you post.

Comment

• Super B
                                  All District
                                  • Apr 2015

I think in saying, "such and such team IS NOT a good program", the context being used is in reference to the CURRENT ERA. In HS football an ERA is a Head Coaches tenure. The Peach era was excellent. No one would argue against that being a very good program during the majority of his reign. The tail end of the Peach era and almost the entire Fuller era was pretty mediocre. Another way of saying it, is that the current state of the Lamar program is not particularly impressive. I think what CHill was saying was that we shouldn't get ahead of ourselves on Lamar. Tap the brakes. They are not there yet. They need to put a few skins on the wall before they are considered a consistent top 25 type team.
                                  Super B

Comment

• svhorns
                                    All State
                                    • Apr 2015

I think in saying, "such and such team IS NOT a good program", the context being used is in reference to the CURRENT ERA. In HS football an ERA is a Head Coaches tenure. The Peach era was excellent. No one would argue against that being a very good program during the majority of his reign. The tail end of the Peach era and almost the entire Fuller era was pretty mediocre. Another way of saying it, is that the current state of the Lamar program is not particularly impressive. I think what CHill was saying was that we shouldn't get ahead of ourselves on Lamar. Tap the brakes. They are not there yet. They need to put a few skins on the wall before they are considered a consistent top 25 type team.
                                    Chill can speak for himself thanks though. At face value when you call a program overrated you're speaking about the program in its entirety not portions, sections, eras etc... unless specfically stated otherwise. There were no specifications to his statement, which is why I said it was a lazy statement or an attempt at trolling. You are doing what he should have done in his original statement and that's is some sort of explaining.

You know its trolling when its a hit and run post without any further explaining. Thats what he did.

Comment

Working...