X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Farmer
    All District
    • Apr 2015

Texas HS

of recruiting out the kids from Texas was such w big deal, why has Texas only won one title In the last 20 years?
  • mojotrain
    2nd Team
    • Jun 2015

Farmer I think you know the answer to this one or at least have a strong opinion. I do too but my reply would fannie hurt most fans throughout the state. I guess you could be talking from high school to college or from high school to high school. My reply would fit both.

Comment

• TrojanHorse03
      Special Teams
      • Apr 2015

Texas sucks...? Just like Georgia but more per capita...?

Comment

• Farmer
        All District
        • Apr 2015

Originally posted by TrojanHorse03
        Texas sucks...? Just like Georgia but more per capita...?
        Texas doesn't suck. Curious though why the schools that recruit exclusive in Texas are not winning or competitions for more national titles

Comment

• TrojanHorse03
          Special Teams
          • Apr 2015

Originally posted by Farmer

Texas doesn't suck. Curious though why the schools that recruit exclusive in Texas are not winning or competitions for more national titles
          Lack of future All-Pros in the back seven compared to Florida and California.

Comment

• Farmer
            All District
            • Apr 2015

Originally posted by TrojanHorse03

Lack of future All-Pros in the back seven compared to Florida and California.
            Texas HS football is not preparing everybody to be the best. This offense onslaught you see is doing more harm than good for the overall product. The kids in this state are not benefiting from the game anymore

Comment

• mojotrain
              2nd Team
              • Jun 2015

Farmer this is a thread I wanted to start a few years back but didn't want to start a fight. This thing, as it go's on will grow legs and spread to recruiting and open borders, but not on this post. But considering only public schools with boundary's. IMO we are still way ahead of the nation, but the gap narrows. Media, in all forms has spread or is spreading Texas high school football around the nation. Everyone is doing Texas. I'd bet 75 % of the coaching film library's in the nation have worn out game films of Plano, Judson and Permian starting 20 years ago. I'm sure they have evolved to the SLCs and Katy's of today. They seek out and hire Texas Coach's. So we have given a lot to the other states and what they have done is produce more "shovel ready".D-1 talent.

I though at one time I'd research to see if the advent of two, three and four playoff teams along with the 7 on 7 growth would correlate with what I thought to be, if not declining then standing still of our state pastime. That would require much more effort than what I was willing to spend,,,,let alone the ire of fellow posters.

Comment

• Farmer
                All District
                • Apr 2015

Originally posted by mojotrain
                Farmer this is a thread I wanted to start a few years back but didn't want to start a fight. This thing, as it go's on will grow legs and spread to recruiting and open borders, but not on this post. But considering only public schools with boundary's. IMO we are still way ahead of the nation, but the gap narrows. Media, in all forms has spread or is spreading Texas high school football around the nation. Everyone is doing Texas. I'd bet 75 % of the coaching film library's in the nation have worn out game films of Plano, Judson and Permian starting 20 years ago. I'm sure they have evolved to the SLCs and Katy's of today. They seek out and hire Texas Coach's. So we have given a lot to the other states and what they have done is produce more "shovel ready".D-1 talent.

I though at one time I'd research to see if the advent of two, three and four playoff teams along with the 7 on 7 growth would correlate with what I thought to be, if not declining then standing still of our state pastime. That would require much more effort than what I was willing to spend,,,,let alone the ire of fellow posters.
                Texas HS football has failed for the better part of 50 years

in the last 50 years there have been what, 2 national titles?

Football in in the rest of the U.S. Has caught up. I welcome you train to come to Georgia. It's every bit as passionate here. But it's better coached and the product is showing up in the college game. Texas has numbers, that's it.
                Last edited by Farmer; 09-08-2015, 01:20 AM.

Comment

• slorch
                  Practice Squad
                  • Jul 2015

A&M has pissed away more talent than any program known to man. getting players has not been their problem.

UT feels entitled. Kiss the ring mofos...only the rest of the country doesn't know WTH they're talking about. It's criminal how much talent Texas has wasted.

Tech didn't like winning, so they destroyed the greatest era in its football history...because of golf, BBQs, and butthurt GOBs all for a punk who couldn't be a part of a team.

Baylor's cheating like hell to get there. Never will get the job done, either. Dirty as hell.

TCU trying to do it right. I just don't like Fatterson and there's zero chance my sons would have played for him had they been D-I prospects. Litte Man syndrome X's a eleventy billion.

Nobody else has been in the national picture.

Comment

Working...