DEC to Dee Anderson. No Transfer For You!

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • MGoBlue
    Practice Squad
    • May 2015

If you are going to transfer then do it right. Transfer to Allen or CHill and you'll play no questions asked.

Then at the end of the year you can celebrate a state championship after beating a team that is comprised of local kids who have played more than two years for the same team.
    Last edited by MGoBlue; 09-02-2015, 08:03 PM.

Comment

• Bass
      Special Teams
      • Aug 2015

Is any kind of huff made about kids transferring for academic or fine arts reasons? If there's a school with a wicked academic decathlon team and their orchestra rocks ****ing ass are enterprising nerds allowed to move to that school?

What if Katy's Rodney Anderson had lived in a neighborhood that would be rezoned at the start of his sophomore year so his family decided to move into a neighborhood that will remain zoned to Katy. Is that looked down upon?

Cause that's what my family did my freshman year at Katy. Granted, I wasn't going to get a scholarship playing football, and also I wasn't gonna probably make varsity until my senior year, and also I never played football.

Comment

• The King
        Practice Squad
        • Jul 2015

Originally posted by Bass
        Is any kind of huff made about kids transferring for academic or fine arts reasons? If there's a school with a wicked academic decathlon team and their orchestra rocks ****ing ass are enterprising nerds allowed to move to that school?

What if Katy's Rodney Anderson had lived in a neighborhood that would be rezoned at the start of his sophomore year so his family decided to move into a neighborhood that will remain zoned to Katy. Is that looked down upon?

Cause that's what my family did my freshman year at Katy. Granted, I wasn't going to get a scholarship playing football, and also I wasn't gonna probably make varsity until my senior year, and also I never played football.
        Oh No who would have carried that little bass drum around, how could katy have won any games over those years if you weren't there to carry that little bass drum.

Seriously since you had already spent a year at that school imo you should have been allowed to continue at that school even without the move.

Comment

• OakTreeOut-n-Up
          Special Teams
          • Apr 2015

If there's a school with a wicked academic decathlon team and their orchestra rocks ****ing ass are enterprising nerds allowed to move to that school?
          The 1% of me that doesn't want life to be tailored around keeping HS football awesome does see a little hypocrisy here. We encourage (and should encourage) parents to put their kids in the best possible situations for their future, but for some reason doing it for sports is "wrong". I love Texas HS football and hope it doesn't get totally out of control, but I do feel like a bit of a hypocrite when I state that, because I don't feel that way about any other extracurricular endeavor. One thing's for certain though - whichever way it goes, the rules need to be applied uniformly across the state.

Comment

• svhorns
            All State
            • Apr 2015

According to the UIL these transfer rules and regs. are specifically geared towards athletics. I'll have to look for the chapter again, but yeah, the sit out rules and what not are only for UIL athletics.

Comment

• Farmer
              All District
              • Apr 2015

what most school districts do is when they re-zone you are grandfathered in to the shook you started your freshman year at unless you want to attend the new school. Usually when new schools are built you have them open up with freshman and sophomore classes but the sophomores who are impacted have a choice to remain in the school they attended their freshman year

Comment

• Farmer
                All District
                • Apr 2015

Academic competitions also do not allow the changing of schools to participate on an academic team

Comment

• Farmer
                  All District
                  • Apr 2015

Same rules as athletics apply to music in the form of competing in band competitions

Comment

• Bass
                    Special Teams
                    • Aug 2015

Originally posted by Farmer

what most school districts do is when they re-zone you are grandfathered in to the shook you started your freshman year at unless you want to attend the new school. Usually when new schools are built you have them open up with freshman and sophomore classes but the sophomores who are impacted have a choice to remain in the school they attended their freshman year
                    The neighborhood I grew up in was rezoned to Morton after my freshman year. I remember not having the option to remain at Katy, but I'm not sure if that's because I was an uninformed 15 year old or if it's because it was only an option for upper classmen. Unfortunately it wasn't a very cut-and-dry move. I'm pretty sure any official looking into the move would write the whole thing off as an extraordinary exception.

All that aside, very, very few kids in my grade and neighborhood stayed at Katy.

Comment

• Farmer
                      All District
                      • Apr 2015

The neighborhood I grew up in was rezoned to Morton after my freshman year. I remember not having the option to remain at Katy, but I'm not sure if that's because I was an uninformed 15 year old or if it's because it was only an option for upper classmen. Unfortunately it wasn't a very cut-and-dry move. I'm pretty sure any official looking into the move would write the whole thing off as an extraordinary exception.

All that aside, very, very few kids in my grade and neighborhood stayed at Katy.
                      it may be done by district. I know in LISD when Flower Mound opened they took heavily from the Marcus zone and took from the Lewisville zone as well. The kids who began their freshman years at either Lewisville or Marcus had the choice to remain at those schools or attend Flower Mound so it could be a decision decided on by the district you live in

Comment

• Bass
                        Special Teams
                        • Aug 2015

Originally posted by OakTreeOut-n-Up

The 1% of me that doesn't want life to be tailored around keeping HS football awesome does see a little hypocrisy here. We encourage (and should encourage) parents to put their kids in the best possible situations for their future, but for some reason doing it for sports is "wrong". I love Texas HS football and hope it doesn't get totally out of control, but I do feel like a bit of a hypocrite when I state that, because I don't feel that way about any other extracurricular endeavor. One thing's for certain though - whichever way it goes, the rules need to be applied uniformly across the state.
                        I'm with you on that. I don't feel like band kids and theater kids should be stopped from moving to a program where their talents can really shine, so I don't think football players should be stopped either. But I don't know how you avoid open season on the state's best players in that set up.

Comment

• The King
                          Practice Squad
                          • Jul 2015

Williamsburg right. The irony of the situation is technically you could be considered a transfer either way you went. Im not familier with the rules but imo once you start at one school in this situation you should be grandfathered in. its not the same as whats going on in cedar hill

Comment

• Bass
                            Special Teams
                            • Aug 2015

Academic competitions also do not allow the changing of schools to participate on an academic team

http://www.uiltexas.org/academics/re...s/eligibility/

I wonder who would look into these things. It's one thing to see EJ Davis move from Elsik to Katy, but if a kid moves to Lufkin and he can already spell Lufkin does someone call the decathlon police?

Comment

• Bass
                              Special Teams
                              • Aug 2015

Originally posted by The King
                              Williamsburg right. The irony of the situation is technically you could be considered a transfer either way you went. Im not familier with the rules but imo once you start at one school in this situation you should be grandfathered in. its not the same as whats going on in cedar hill
                              Right-o, the Settlement. I was four doors down from Coach Johnston.

Comment

• longhorngrandad
                                Practice Squad
                                • Jul 2015

Originally posted by MGoBlue
                                If you are going to transfer then do it right. Transfer to Allen or CHill and you'll play no questions asked.

Then at the end of the year you can celebrate a state championship after beating a team that is comprised of local kids who have played more than two years for the same team.
                                Just what CHILL players you referring to?

Comment

• longhorngrandad
                                  Practice Squad
                                  • Jul 2015

I wonder if anybody knows how the old cheerleading coach from Cedar Hill is going these days. It's such a shame she is no longer able to coach at Cedar Hill
                                  WOW what insightful productive comments. Can't wait for more. At least it gives me something to laugh at during the day.

Comment

• svhorns
                                    All State
                                    • Apr 2015

Same rules as athletics apply to music in the form of competing in band competitions

https://www.uiltexas.org/policy/eligibility
                                    Oh well there you go.

Comment

• Tut
                                      Pick 'Em - '16 College Champ, National Runner Up, 6A Runner Up, - '15 6A Champ & College Runner Up
                                      • Aug 2015

Band directors in Katy ISD need to sign off on in-district moves. I doubt that this has ever been an issue.
                                      When Morton Ranch opened, juniors and seniors stayed at Katy and sophs went to MR (even though they went to Katy as freshmen).

*The MR director heard of Bass' reputation and said "Please let him stay as Katy!"

*(unconfirmed)
                                      https://my.reason2race.com/JohnTuttle/TowneLakeTri2017

katystudentsrun.org/

Comment

• GymCatmomx2
                                        Practice Squad
                                        • May 2015

I think the difference between athletic programs and fine arts programs is money. I don't know of too many high school plays that bring in as much money as a football game. But I could be wrong. :-)

Comment

Working...