• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Eagle2
    All District
    • Apr 2015

VYPE NATIONAL HSFB 100

In at # 87 & #88

36. Euless Trinity QB Tyler Natee is a LB. Power run duo with Ja'Ron Wilson.
    55. Houston Westfield Elite QB-WR combo. Oh, one of the best DTs nationally.
    60. Arlington Martin Easy to like RB Nic Smith
    66. Skyline What will life be like without HC Samples?
    70. Southlake Carroll At 6ft 5 Lil' Jordan Humphrey moved from RB.
    <
    87. Denton Guyer Junior QB Shawn Robinson may be best in DFW metroplex.
    88 .Lake Travis Can QB Charlie Brewer guide a deep 6A playoff run?

source:
    http://vype.com/nationalhsfootball/2015/08/01/national-high-school-football-rankings-begin-with-lakeland-florida-in-first-group/
    Last edited by Eagle2; 08-03-2015, 08:40 AM.
  • Eagle2
    All District
    • Apr 2015

Katy in at #4. DeSoto at #7.
    RANK
    TEAM
    CITY, ST RECORD LW
    1 St. John Bosco Bellflower, CA 0-0
    The Braves return an impressive amount of talent on both sides of the ball. It has the defensive toughness to stop the rush and the talent behind it that will make it hard to pass against. Breaking in a new quarterback will be interesting but it has two games to ease into the season. First game: Aug. 28 at La Mirada.
    2 De La Salle Concord, CA 0-0
    Equally as impressive, De La Salle is more like a 1B than a 2 for this ranking. The similarities between the Spartans and Braves are pretty remarkable – except there is no time to shake the rust with an opening week in Texas. First game: Aug. 29 at No. 36 Euless Trinity..
    3 St. Thomas Aquinas Ft. Lauderdale, FL 0-0
    The Raiders graduated 20 senior starters from last season but has restocked the shelves in impressive fashion. It doesn’t have a namebrand out-of-state game this year but a difficult slate of high-profile Florida teams awaits. First game: Aug. 28 vs Booker T. Washington.
    4 Katy Katy, TX 0-0
    One of the best defenses in the state of Texas combined with a punishing rushing attack makes it hard to ignore the Tigers. It may be the most talented Katy team in some time and that says a lot as the team is always sending kids to the next level. First game: Aug. 27 vs Kingwood.
    5 Miami Central Miami, FL 0-0
    The Rockets will be a defense-first team again this year and look to grind teams down with a powerful rushing attack. Miami Central has been a mainstay in the Top 25 for the last four seasons. First game: Aug. 29 at No. 12 DeMatha.
    6 IMG Academy Bradenton, FL 0-0
    Adding QB Shea Patterson makes this group a much more legitimate candidate for a National Title. The talent is impossible to ignore and too numerous to list in this space. First game: Aug. 22 vs No. 39 American Heritage.
    7 DeSoto DeSoto, TX 0-0
    Will this be the year that DeSoto claims its state title? The performance of QB Tristen Wallace will likely decide the W-L record for the Eagles this year. First game: Aug. 29 vs No. 60 Arlington Martin.
    8 Mallard Creek Charlotte, NC 0-0
    Relatively new program from North Carolina has grown up fast. It has the talent to be a threat for a national championship and an interesting opening month to the season to challenge it. First game: Aug. 22 vs Charlotte Independence.
    9 Centennial Corona, CA 0-0
    This is one of the most explosive offenses in the entire country. It will have to step up on the defensive side of the ball to win California and challenge for a HSFB100 crown. First game: Aug. 28 vs Salt Lake City East.
    10 Bishop Gorman Las Vegas, NV 0-0
    Gaels are not expected to miss a beat despite losing its head coach and a talented senior class. The program will be paced by quarterback Tate Martell and could be a threat to move up the rankings quite quickly. First game: Aug. 29 vs No. 14 Chandler.
    11 Archer Lawrenceville, GA 0-0
    The defense brings back a lot from last year when it tightened up the ship after a rocky opening month to make a charge to the state finals. A new quarterback will be thrown into the fire and challenged with two HSFB100 teams in the first three weeks. First game: Aug. 21 vs North Paulding.
    12 DeMatha Hyattsville, MD 0-0
    There are high hopes for this year as the Stags bring back nearly all of its starters from a year ago. The talent is high and the fans think this may be a National Title worthy campaign. It could have that dream dashed or enhanced in a hurry. First game: Aug. 29 vs No. 5 Miami Central.
    13 Allen Allen, TX 0-0
    This could be an interesting year for Allen as its toughest regular season game is its opener and it will be breaking in plenty of new players on offense. The defense returns mostly intact and that gives optimism to fans. First game: Aug. 28 vs No. 87 Denton Guyer.
    14 Chandler Chandler, AZ 0-0
    The Wolves defense came to play in the second half of last year and pushed the team to a state title. This year it will welcome a new quarterback to the offensive side of the ball and it may have to rely on that defense keeping its intensity high in the early going. First game: Aug. 20 vs Pinnacle.
    15 Bishop Amat La Puente, CA 0-0
    Amat announced itself early last season by crushing eventual Texas 5A Champions, Aledo, and then going on to have a solid year. No one is sleeping on this squad entering the 2015 season and it will have a test right out of the gate. First game: Aug. 28 vs No. 45 Mater Dei.
    16 Cedar Hill Cedar Hill, TX 0-0
    The Longhorns look to make it to four straight state finals this season. It will have a lot of new faces on offense but the talent level didn’t dip too far. First game: Aug. 21 at Mansfield Timberview.
    17 Oxford Oxford, MS 0-0
    The Chargers return almost everyone from a team that has made the last two state finals. Its offensive unit has as much talent as anyone in the southeast and with two receivers and a solid quarterback it figures to be back in the finals this year. First game: Aug. 21 vs Southaven.
    18 Paramus Catholic Paramus, NJ 0-0
    The Paladins have gone from what many expected to be a flash in the pan with a talented class a few years ago to a program that many think is the best in New Jersey. It is hard not to be impressed with the consistency it may be gaining. First game: Sept. 4 vs Eastern Christian.
    19 Ocean Lakes Virginia Beach, VA 0-0
    The state of Virginia could be fiercely competitive this year as so many of the top teams return an overwhelming majority of its starters from the year previous. The Dolphin defense could prove to be the best on the Atlantic Coast. First game: Aug. 28 vs Salem.
    20 Colerain Cincinnati, OH 0-0
    Colerain starts at the top spot in Ohio but who knows where it will end up. The interplay among most of the Top 10 in the state will sort out the rankings as the seasons goes on. Defensively this group is impressive as it improved with experience last year. First game: Aug. 29 vs Warren Central.
    21 Cibolo Steele Cibolo, TX 0-0
    Steele gained a lot of respect in close losses last season and brings back a lot of the players that helped it nearly knock of some of the best in Texas. The Knights will need to pull a few Ws this year to stay in the Top 25 come season end. First game: Aug. 28 vs San Antonio Madison.
    22 Clay-Chalkville Pinson, AL 0-0
    The Cougars return its quarterback, two four-star receivers, and a solid OL. Its defense only has two starters back but the players that are moving into the starting lineup at least look the part. A difficult schedule will define the team. First game: Aug. 22 at Blackman.
    23 Colquitt County Moultrie, GA 0-0
    Since Rush Propst arrived in South Georgia this program has gone from unknown to national power. It broke through and won a state title last year after falling to the eventual champions the previous four seasons. Packers will be tough again in 2015. First game: Aug. 22 vs North Gwinnett.
    24 Manvel Manvel, TX 0-0
    The Mavericks have one of the most talented rosters in the country. It will score as many points as it chooses in several games this year but will be defined by how it does versus Katy in the playoffs. First game: Aug. 28 vs No. 55 Westfield.
    25 Flanagan Pembroke Pines, FL 0-0
    Falcons made major strides in 2014 and finished in the HSFB100 for the first time in program history. This year expectations are high but news broke on Monday that it will be without its quarterback early. First game: Aug. 28 vs Stoneman Douglas.

source:
    http://vype.com/nationalhsfootball/2015/08/04/st-john-bosco-and-de-la-salle-start-atop-national-high-school-football-rankings/

Comment

• OakTreeOut-n-Up
      Special Teams
      • Apr 2015

I'm a little baffled why Cedar Hill's taking a step down in the eyes of most pollsters. I like the new QB better, and the amount of skill kids they have coming back (or added) is insane and arguably deeper than they were last year which is really saying something. 9 guys who saw time on defense returning including some really high level talent. Idk, it's pretty clear that Allen will take a step down, but Cedar Hill seems like the obvious choice to assume the crown to me just based on what I'm reading.

Comment

• Eagle2
        All District
        • Apr 2015

Originally posted by OakTreeOut-n-Up
        I'm a little baffled why Cedar Hill's taking a step down in the eyes of most pollsters. I like the new QB better, and the amount of skill kids they have coming back (or added) is insane and arguably deeper than they were last year which is really saying something. 9 guys who saw time on defense returning including some really high level talent. Idk, it's pretty clear that Allen will take a step down, but Cedar Hill seems like the obvious choice to assume the crown to me just based on what I'm reading.
        Yea agree. This group is very athletic & talented and have been together since pee wee & jr high and will be surprised if they don't make it back to the finals. When you can return 9 on defense with the type of offense they run that definitely has to account for something. Time will tell.

Comment

• Super B
          All District
          • Apr 2015

Manvel and Trinity too high.
          Super B

Comment

• Lilbradford
            Practice Squad
            • Jul 2015

Katy is too high.

Comment

• b756561
              Practice Squad
              • Jul 2015

Originally posted by Lilbradford
              Katy is too high.
              In my opinion, until Katy schedules and beats more than 2 or 3 good teams a year they will always be ranked too high. How good do you have to be to whip the Little Sisters of the Poor? Take a glance at their schedule.

Okay, does this now make this an official "Katy Thread?"

Comment

• BevoBo
                Special Teams
                • Apr 2015

Originally posted by b756561

In my opinion, until Katy schedules and beats more than 2 or 3 good teams a year they will always be ranked too high. How good do you have to be to whip the Little Sisters of the Poor? Take a glance at their schedule.

Okay, does this now make this an official "Katy Thread?"

They definitely should beef up their non district schedule, outside of that, there's not much they can do. Being one of the premier programs in the state you would think they would schedule some marquee games, but I don't think their coach see's it that way though.

Comment

• Lilbradford
                  Practice Squad
                  • Jul 2015

Originally posted by BevoBo

They definitely should beef up their non district schedule, outside of that, there's not much they can do. Being one of the premier programs in the state you would think they would schedule some marquee games, but I don't think their coach see's it that way though.
                  listen to some of coach Joseph's interviews when he is asked questions on this.

Katy is a football program. He is not going to schedule games for varsity that wouldn't guarantee a game the following year or not have an option or way to get a game for the sub varsity teams. He is going to do what is best for the program. I don't think he has backed down from a game where he was offered a two game deal with coverage for the sub varsity teams.

he doesn't care about national championships. He cares about state championships. Sorry but there is a fine line between playing competitive games to get you ready later in the season vs killing your team for national attention. Other Katy fans can correct me if I am wrong.

Yup. Now it's a Katy thread.

Back to rankings. Glad to see Texas being represented well. I think with all the move ins and transfers Allen and CHILL should be top 10. Not to mention they are already outstanding programs with great coaching.

Comment

• Farmer
                    All District
                    • Apr 2015

When one wins 6 state titles in 18 years then I think criticizing a schedule can be done. It doesn't appear to be broke at all. Haters going to continue to hate

Comment

• Farmer
                      All District
                      • Apr 2015

like scheduling north shore?

Comment

• BevoBo
                        Special Teams
                        • Apr 2015

Originally posted by Farmer

What's wrong with scheduling North Shore?

Comment

• Super B
                          All District
                          • Apr 2015

Or like scheduling Allen, Cedar Hill, DeSoto, Abilene, Permian, De La Salle, Union, Jenks, Bentonville on the road, Bellevue on the road.
                          Super B

Comment

• Farmer
                            All District
                            • Apr 2015

Originally posted by Super B
                            Or like scheduling Allen, Cedar Hill, DeSoto, Abilene, Permian, De La Salle, Union, Jenks, Bentonville on the road, Bellevue on the road.
                            you schedule Allen and cedar hill before they became state powers And haven't played either in the regular season since 2009. Bragging about playing the Oklahoma schools at home is weak sauce don't act like you did a home and home with them. You scheduled them on your terms and Katy wasn't willing to play by your terms. Your argument is weak and full of jealousy and hate towards Katy.

Comment

• Farmer
                              All District
                              • Apr 2015

What's wrong with scheduling North Shore?
                              not anything. Katy has already done 2 home and homes with North Shore. Does that count?

Comment

• BevoBo
                                Special Teams
                                • Apr 2015

When one wins 6 state titles in 18 years then I think criticizing a schedule can be done. It doesn't appear to be broke at all. Haters going to continue to hate
                                That is such an overused phrase! I don't hate Katy, quite the opposite. I recognize they are a premier program in this state, but my opinion of there scheduling and path in the playoffs sometimes is less than stellar and it's a common point that is expressed on many boards, locally and nationally. It's my opinion that Katy plays a poor schedule compared to other state powers.

Comment

• Farmer
                                  All District
                                  • Apr 2015

That is such an overused phrase! I don't hate Katy, quite the opposite. I recognize they are a premier program in this state, but my opinion of there scheduling and path in the playoffs sometimes is less than stellar and it's a common point that is expressed on many boards, locally and nationally. It's my opinion that Katy plays a poor schedule compared to other state powers.
                                  do you remember when Trinity won state in 2005 and 2009?

Comment

• dada
                                    2nd Team
                                    • Apr 2015

Originally posted by Lilbradford
                                    Katy is too high.
                                    Yep, they're not even the #1 team in Houston.

Comment

• BevoBo
                                      Special Teams
                                      • Apr 2015

do you remember when Trinity won state in 2005 and 2009?

My point was Katy schedule perception with other state powers. It's not a Trinity vs. Katy thing, but go ahead with your point.

Comment

• Farmer
                                        All District
                                        • Apr 2015

My point was Katy schedule perception with other state powers. It's not a Trinity vs. Katy thing, but go ahead with your point.
                                        what is your opinion on Trinitys state titles in 2005 and 2009?

Comment

• Super B
                                          All District
                                          • Apr 2015

you schedule Allen and cedar hill before they became state powers And haven't played either in the regular season since 2009. Bragging about playing the Oklahoma schools at home is weak sauce don't act like you did a home and home with them. You scheduled them on your terms and Katy wasn't willing to play by your terms. Your argument is weak and full of jealousy and hate towards Katy.
                                          We played Allen and Cedar Hill in 2007 and 2008. In 2007 Cedar Hill was defending state champs. In 2008, Allen went on to win state.

I don't know why you say I have jealousy and hate towards Katy. Katy is and always has been one of the most admired programs for me. I have been a "fan" of theirs since the early '90's. I have criticized Trinity more times than I can remember to the point some Trinity fans don't like me. Criticism is not hate.
                                          Super B

Comment

• Highlandr
                                            Practice Squad
                                            • Jul 2015

Having grown up in NC, I can say with confidence that most of the top 30 in TX would curb stomp Mallard Creek.

Comment

• dada
                                              2nd Team
                                              • Apr 2015

Scotts Valley California backed out on Arlington Heigths this morning....leaving Arlington Heights with 9 games now...another reason Joseph and other coaches are not fans of OOS games.

Comment

• Farmer
                                                All District
                                                • Apr 2015

Originally posted by Super B
                                                We played Allen and Cedar Hill in 2007 and 2008. In 2007 Cedar Hill was defending state champs. In 2008, Allen went on to win state.

I don't know why you say I have jealousy and hate towards Katy. Katy is and always has been one of the most admired programs for me. I have been a "fan" of theirs since the early '90's. I have criticized Trinity more times than I can remember to the point some Trinity fans don't like me. Criticism is not hate.
                                                you played both teams in 2008 and 2009. Neither team was a defending state champ in 2008 when you played them.
                                                Allen was coming off of their first state championship when they came to Pennington in 2009 and would be knocked out of the playoffs in the 2nd round the next 3 years, using them as examples to try and put down somebody's else's schedule isn't exactly a smart thing to do and doesn't exactly prove a point.

it is okay to criticize Katy and their schedule if they were chest pumping about being an elite program with 1-2 titles but when you've won 6 in an 18 year period that's the last thing one should do, is ever criticize the schedule somebody else plays. When one does that it shows envy at the fact that this program has been more successful than any other 6A program over the last 21 years. It's a petty way to take a shot at a program

Comment

• Farmer
                                                  All District
                                                  • Apr 2015

Originally posted by dada
                                                  Scotts Valley California backed out on Arlington Heigths this morning....leaving Arlington Heights with 9 games now...another reason Joseph and other coaches are not fans of OOS games.
                                                  did Scotts Valkey get a new coach this year?

Comment

• BevoBo
                                                    Special Teams
                                                    • Apr 2015

you played both teams in 2008 and 2009. Neither team was a defending state champ in 2008 when you played them.
                                                    Allen was coming off of their first state championship when they came to Pennington in 2009 and would be knocked out of the playoffs in the 2nd round the next 3 years, using them as examples to try and put down somebody's else's schedule isn't exactly a smart thing to do and doesn't exactly prove a point.

it is okay to criticize Katy and their schedule if they were chest pumping about being an elite program with 1-2 titles but when you've won 6 in an 18 year period that's the last thing one should do, is ever criticize the schedule somebody else plays. When one does that it shows envy at the fact that this program has been more successful than any other 6A program over the last 21 years. It's a petty way to take a shot at a program

Farmer, no post from Super B said anything negative about Katy. He responded to your post about NS and it was about Trinity's schedule. I'm going to have to disagree with your sentiment of hate, envy and jealousy. I feel no such things towards Katy. They have my respect, but I would like to see them play some better teams. I'm a fan. Flame away!

Comment

• dada
                                                      2nd Team
                                                      • Apr 2015

Farmer, no post from Super B said anything negative about Katy. He responded to your post about NS and it was about Trinity's schedule. I'm going to have to disagree with your sentiment of hate, envy and jealousy. I feel no such things towards Katy. They have my respect, but I would like to see them play some better teams. I'm a fan. Flame away!
                                                      We ALL would...as fans....but Josephs priority is the entire program...both freshman teams, soph team, JV and Varsity...and the state title.

Comment

• dada
                                                        2nd Team
                                                        • Apr 2015

did Scotts Valkey get a new coach this year?
                                                        uhhhh...not sure, I'd have to verify

Comment

• CHill
                                                          1st Team
                                                          • Apr 2015

Originally posted by dada
                                                          We ALL would...as fans....but Josephs priority is the entire program...both freshman teams, soph team, JV and Varsity...and the state title.

That's what's lost in conversation, it's not just about varsity when making a schedule up, one has to consider the sub varsity teams (100 plus) players and families that follow those teams. Just the cost of traveling outside of the region to play games is another factor. I respect Coach Joseph abililty to schedule games that include the other teams for the sake of the program, can't dispute the overall results.

Comment

• Farmer
                                                            All District
                                                            • Apr 2015

They don't have to do anything to change their schedule. It has been a formula of success that no other 6A school can match over the last 21 years.

The statement about north shore didn't actually have anything to do with Trinity it was a question simply asking if one thought playing them was considered a worth opponent.

Lets to get back to 2005 and 2009. Thoughts on those two state titles for Trinity?

Comment

Working...
                                                            😀
                                                            😂
                                                            🥰
                                                            😘
                                                            🤢
                                                            😎
                                                            😞
                                                            😡
                                                            👍
                                                            👎