X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • BevoBo
    Special Teams
    • Apr 2015

Whataburger named #1

This is for SuperB, the unofficial spokesman for Whataburger.

Best burger in America? It's not White Castle, In-N-Out or Shake Shack.
  • Super B
    All District
    • Apr 2015

My name is Super B. There is a space between the Super and the B. I am glad you think so highly of me though.

I am not the spokesman for Whataburger. I just like Whataburger and recognize it as a true Texas institution like any real Texan would.
    Last edited by Super B; 07-25-2015, 09:54 PM.
    Super B

Comment

• Trojanbacker2
      Special Teams
      • Jul 2015

Originally posted by Super B
      My name is Super B. There is a space between the Super and the B. I am glad you think so highly of me though.

I am not the spokesman for Whataburger. I just like Whataburger and recognize it as a true Texas institution like any real Texan would.
      lol

Comment

• Comanche
        Practice Squad
        • Apr 2015

I'll take a # 2 with cheese!

Comment

• dada
          2nd Team
          • Apr 2015

I don't know.....Whataburger has changed something.....just not the same to me,

Comment

• OakTreeOut-n-Up
            Special Teams
            • Apr 2015

Fayetteville, AR got a Whataburger this week, they're having to do the police-traffic thing and expect to for the next few weeks. A bit insane to me, really.

Comment

• Trojanbacker2
              Special Teams
              • Jul 2015

This is how you know when it's almost football season. Discussion of hamburgers. We've run out of meaningful things to talk about.

Comment

• sTp
                1st Team
                • Apr 2015

Come on now.. burgers are very meaningful things..

Comment

• RocklandDragon
                  Special Teams
                  • Jul 2015

Originally posted by dada

What?! That's lunacy.

It taste the same to me. Patty melt w/ pickles is my fav.
                  I still work for the "other" site. Don't ban me. :D

Comment

• slorch
                    Practice Squad
                    • Jul 2015

I'd rather all the transplants continue going to Five Guys and Arbys.

Leave WB for us.

Comment

• svhorns
                      All State
                      • Apr 2015

The only reason I ever went to Whataburger was because I was young, drunk, and it was the only place open at 2:00 in the morning to get a burger within a reasonable distance. I usually got their biscuits and gravy.

Comment

• dada
                        2nd Team
                        • Apr 2015

Originally posted by svhorns

The only reason I ever went to Whataburger was because I was young, drunk, and it was the only place open at 2:00 in the morning to get a burger within a reasonable distance. I usually got their biscuits and gravy.
                        Same here...back then, it was the only thing open. If you guys are every in Houston, some places you HAVE to try are

and

Comment

• mojotrain
                          2nd Team
                          • Jun 2015

The first ever A-frame Whataburger was built in Odessa in 1961. Give your California guest a thrill and bring them here to see it and the hysterical marker. That is if your still in a impress them mode.

Comment

• Super B
                            All District
                            • Apr 2015

Originally posted by mojotrain
                            The first ever A-frame Whataburger was built in Odessa in 1961. Give your California guest a thrill and bring them here to see it and the hysterical marker. That is if your still in a impress them mode.

That would not be a logistically reasonable side trip for any of us to make.
                            Super B

Comment

• mojotrain
                              2nd Team
                              • Jun 2015

Originally posted by Super B

That would not be a logistically reasonable side trip for any of us to make.
                              Send them though Odessa. I'll show them both signs plus Ratliff.
                              Last edited by mojotrain; 07-29-2015, 12:47 PM.

Comment

• Super B
                                All District
                                • Apr 2015

Originally posted by mojotrain

Send them though Odessa. I show then both signs plus Ratliff.

I'm sure they will fly. If they were driving they would never go through Odessa. Too far out of route.
                                Super B

Comment

• RocklandDragon
                                  Special Teams
                                  • Jul 2015

Same here...back then, it was the only thing open. If you guys are every in Houston, some places you HAVE to try are

and

http://www.yelp.com/biz/lankford-grocery-houston
                                  Well, then I'll gave those places a try before a game.

Lots of times, the best spots are closed when I'm looking for some grub out of town. I like to get some food after a game and I'll never say that Whataburger is the best burger you can get anywhere. There are places that are better in Amarillo, Arlington, Austin, wherever you may be. However, I can always count on WB for having a good burger available with some fresh fries (most of the time), no matter what town I am in.

I still work for the "other" site. Don't ban me. :D

Comment

• CHill
                                    1st Team
                                    • Apr 2015

and

http://www.yelp.com/biz/lankford-grocery-houston

Been to Sparkles a couple times and right outside of downtown and not far from UH. Little burger shack with some outside seating and always a good crowd. The pluses, the burger is a ridiculous 2/3 lb patty very good for $5 and the steak fries are big and hot and you can add chili and cheese on them. The negative, takes sometimes up to thirty minutes to receive you're order, so order in advance if you plan on going. Would highly recommend this burger! Bowiedawg would love this place!

Comment

• dada
                                      2nd Team
                                      • Apr 2015

Originally posted by CHill

Been to Sparkles a couple times and right outside of downtown and not far from UH. Little burger shack with some outside seating and always a good crowd. The pluses, the burger is a ridiculous 2/3 lb patty very good for $5 and the steak fries are big and hot and you can add chili and cheese on them. The negative, takes sometimes up to thirty minutes to receive you're order, so order in advance if you plan on going. Would highly recommend this burger! Bowiedawg would love this place!
                                      She (Sparkle) is family so I might be a little biased lol.
                                      Yes, always call before you go....the lines are crazy
                                      I'm also biased towards Lankords, it was a laundry mat/Grocery store when I was growing up in 4th Ward which has now become "Midtown"...one of the few original buildings out there and I remember the family...plus, the burgers are AWESOME....only negative....big crowds and they close at 3 pm.

Also, I've yet to conquor one of Sparkles' Double Cheese burgers.....crazy.

Comment

• mojotrain
                                        2nd Team
                                        • Jun 2015

Comment

• Shady12
                                          2nd Team
                                          • Apr 2015

*Starts chant --- OVERRATED!

Comment

• ktCarl
                                            Special Teams
                                            • Apr 2015

OH NO!

I went through Whataburger drive through a week ago and went to pay young girl for food. She said it was $8.67. I went to hand her change in coins first (2 quarters-1dime-1nickel-2pennies). She moved change around in her hand, looked at me and sheepishly asked, "Is this .67 cents"? I almost said no, it's $10.00 dollars. Give my change. Sheesh!!

Comment

• DPaul
                                              Special Teams
                                              • Apr 2015

Super B I just had the #3 with cheese. Top that!

And to our Cali guys coming into town I wouldn't advise the #3 with cheese. That's for advanced Whataburger eaters. Start off with the #1 or the bacon cheeseburger.
                                              Last edited by DPaul; 08-10-2015, 06:15 PM.

Comment

• Shady12
                                                2nd Team
                                                • Apr 2015

Yeah just open up the burger before you drive off to make sure they didn't screw it up, and if you're lucky the burger won't be smashed up by the time you get it home. Remember to take a bit to wake up fully because you likely fell asleep waiting in the drive thru.

Comment

• Super B
                                                  All District
                                                  • Apr 2015

Originally posted by Shady12
                                                  Yeah just open up the burger before you drive off to make sure they didn't screw it up, and if you're lucky the burger won't be smashed up by the time you get it home. Remember to take a bit to wake up fully because you likely fell asleep waiting in the drive thru.
                                                  Hater!
                                                  Super B

Comment

• sTp
                                                    1st Team
                                                    • Apr 2015

Originally posted by DPaul
                                                    Super B I just had the #3 with cheese. Top that!

And to our Cali guys coming into town I wouldn't advise the #3 with cheese. That's for advanced Whataburger eaters. Start off with the #1 or the bacon cheeseburger.
                                                    Had a craving for Whataburger today and remembered your post. Looked at the menu and I agree I wouldn't advise any first timer to start with the #3.

I did the A1 thick and hearty meal, double meat burger, sauteed onions, bacon, with A1 sauce on top.. First time I've had it, I dug it.. I had to ditch over half the fries (sacriledge I know) to get through the burger, but it was pretty damn good.

Comment

• DPaul
                                                      Special Teams
                                                      • Apr 2015

Originally posted by sTp

Had a craving for Whataburger today and remembered your post. Looked at the menu and I agree I wouldn't advise any first timer to start with the #3.

I did the A1 thick and hearty meal, double meat burger, sauteed onions, bacon, with A1 sauce on top.. First time I've had it, I dug it.. I had to ditch over half the fries (sacriledge I know) to get through the burger, but it was pretty damn good.
                                                      The fries are easy to go through with the use of the spicy ketchup. If you take 2 fries and dip at the same time you get through half as fast. Just a little tip. I think that method is Super B approved too.

Comment

• CHill
                                                        1st Team
                                                        • Apr 2015

Originally posted by DPaul

The fries are easy to go through with the use of the spicy ketchup. If you take 2 fries and dip at the same time you get through half as fast. Just a little tip. I think that method is Super B approved too.
                                                        Sounds like Adam Richman technique.
                                                        Last edited by CHill; 08-11-2015, 09:18 PM.

Comment

• JagFan
                                                          1st Team
                                                          • Apr 2015

They need to bring back the green chili cheeseburger.

Comment

• Shady12
                                                            2nd Team
                                                            • Apr 2015

Don't think the green chile burger ever went away. In the Whataburger obsession threads I see all over the internet I do come across as a hater. It's just because I'm utterly dumbfounded by that obsession and Texans' often times vicious, spittle laden defense of these burgers. In reality I don't think it's bad especially for fast food, but not better than most of the others and their consistency from one burger to the next is terrible (at least at the San Angelo locations, although I have heard consternation all over the state about how they aren't as good anymore). Nothing worse than ordering an avocado bacon burger and having one tiny bit of avocado on it. That's easily the best burger they've come up with but it's worthless if they skimp on the avocado. If you break it down they use some of the worst ingredients in the fast food industry. Almost all of the others have better buns. Whataburger's produce is really bad. Their bacon is also shameful. Paper thin, yet somehow floppy. Go to Wendy's, for example, and they have thick, crisp bacon (not to mention always seems their lettuce and tomatoes are actually fresh). And now that I've typed all this out, it seems more than one should ever type on the subject.
                                                            Last edited by Shady12; 08-11-2015, 10:06 PM.

Comment

Working...