X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Lilbradford
    Practice Squad
    • Jul 2015

Originally posted by FEARTHEFALL

I'm pretty certain Allen would have won 3 titles without Murray. One player doesn't make a team.

yup. Texas A&M was the same team without Johnny Manziel....The patriots are just as good without Tom Brady....

Comment

• SLCbacker
      Special Teams
      • Apr 2015

Originally posted by CHill

Not sure they would have beaten DeSoto or Trinity last year with out him. Watching the replay of those games, IMO, he was the difference on the offensive side of the ball.
      Don't forget the Martin game too. Martin would have beat Allen last year without Murray. He took that game over.

Comment

• CHill
        1st Team
        • Apr 2015

Originally posted by Farmer

agree and the same for 2012. Remember the game he had against Lamar in the state finals that year? Won offensive MVP honors after accounting for 3 TDs I believe and sparked the Allen offense with multiple long runs.

After seeing Allen play twice that year before Murray was inserted as the starter including the Coppell game when he took over the position in the 2nd quarter it was obvious he was the sprk they needed that year. Without him their offense would have been very average at best

They play him just a little in the opening game at Cedar Hill in 12 and I look at a couple of people I was with and we where in awe. Our only chance that night was with the QB that end up being one of the WRs a couple weeks later, we knew then, Allen was in a very good place with this type of player. There is no doubt he was the difference in 12 against that Lamar team, I watch it in person after Katy ran the FB down CH throat.

Comment

• CHill
          1st Team
          • Apr 2015

Originally posted by SLCbacker

Don't forget the Martin game too. Martin would have beat Allen last year without Murray. He took that game over.

True, did forget! That was the third team in R1 that could have taken them down, that's say a lot about football in this region.

Comment

• Farmer
            All District
            • Apr 2015

Originally posted by CHill

True, did forget! That was the third team in R1 that could have taken them down, that's say a lot about football in this region.

Skyline as well. I can't see anybody on that team other than Murray who would have been able to overcome a 3 possession deficit against that defense late in the game like Murray did.

I know some of us harp on the transfer aspect but when I take the transfer goggles off its hard to say there's ever been a QB I Texas Hs football who was as great as Murray was over 3 years. We will be talking about him when we are all in senior care facilities

Comment

• FEARTHEFALL
              Practice Squad
              • Jul 2015

Skyline as well. I can't see anybody on that team other than Murray who would have been able to overcome a 3 possession deficit against that defense late in the game like Murray did.

I know some of us harp on the transfer aspect but when I take the transfer goggles off its hard to say there's ever been a QB I Texas Hs football who was as great as Murray was over 3 years. We will be talking about him when we are all in senior care facilities

Allen will probably win state again this year without Murray. Green is more than capable of taking the Eagles all the way.

Comment

• Farmer
                All District
                • Apr 2015

Allen will probably win state again this year without Murray. Green is more than capable of taking the Eagles all the way.

I wouldn't expect anything less from Allen. Go eagles

Comment

• FEARTHEFALL
                  Practice Squad
                  • Jul 2015

I wouldn't expect anything less from Allen. Go eagles
                  Oh your an Allen fan, too. Cool!

Comment

• Farmer
                    All District
                    • Apr 2015

Oh your an Allen fan, too. Cool!
                    Oh yeah! Been watching Eagle football since they were being bullied by all the other 5As in the early 90s.

Comment

• FEARTHEFALL
                      Practice Squad
                      • Jul 2015

I think the next step for TXHSFB is to allow schools to have open tryouts in the spring. Anyone can attend and if you are selected for the team, you can enroll in the school. I think a few schools are already doing this.

Comment

• Farmer
                        All District
                        • Apr 2015

I think the next step for TXHSFB is to allow schools to have open tryouts in the spring. Anyone can attend and if you are selected for the team, you can enroll in the school. I think a few schools are already doing this.

I like this idea a lot. I also think kids should be able to home school at the states expense and then be able to chose which program they want to play for as welk

Comment

• SLCbacker
                          Special Teams
                          • Apr 2015

This is the most perfect post about the biggest B*** S*** program ever!! Lol

Comment

• CHill
                            1st Team
                            • Apr 2015

No offense, Green is not even in the DFW top five rating as a QB and over hype for a small state player.

Comment

Working...