X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Farmer
    All District
    • Apr 2015

Originally posted by SLCbacker
    I think they went pretty light on Allen in this article. I guess the writer, and contributors, don't want to get banned from Allen practice. No mention of the Green transfer; which"quacks like a duck", or the Florida receiver, or the large number of transfer starters from last years State Champ team.

I was thinking the same thing and the same reason why. It seems like they don't want to lose access to Allen or covering Allen.

Not only did they not mention the ones you're discussing but Cody Butler and Murray as well. They briefly mentioned Murray but failed to leave off critical details about that whole ordeal. Cody Butler situation seemed just as blatant

Comment

• OakTreeOut-n-Up
      Special Teams
      • Apr 2015

Originally posted by Eagle2
      When reviewing other states policy mainly California & Florida, they both have some type of sit out policy whether a year or games or an ineligible policy. As stated it may not be fair but its in place.
      I don't know where it comes from that Florida uses this type of policy. It might be in a book somewhere, but every single year is similar to what we've seen this year in 8-6A in South Florida and no one ever sits. Kids discuss it openly in papers about moving to be on better teams and no one cares.

Comment

• Eagle2
        All District
        • Apr 2015

Originally posted by OakTreeOut-n-Up

I don't know where it comes from that Florida uses this type of policy. It might be in a book somewhere, but every single year is similar to what we've seen this year in 8-6A in South Florida and no one ever sits. Kids discuss it openly in papers about moving to be on better teams and no one cares.
        Athletes who switch schools during the summer are not considered a transfer and are eligible to play right away. If a student changes schools during the school year and meets one of six exceptions, such as the family moving or the transfer was made before the first day of practice for the sport, a coach can’t challenge that and the athlete is immediately eligible. If the student transfers during the school year and doesn’t meet one of those exceptions, he is ineligible for one year.

Comment

• SLCbacker
          Special Teams
          • Apr 2015

Originally posted by Farmer

I was thinking the same thing and the same reason why. It seems like they don't want to lose access to Allen or covering Allen.

Not only did they not mention the ones you're discussing but Cody Butler and Murray as well. They briefly mentioned Murray but failed to leave off critical details about that whole ordeal. Cody Butler situation seemed just as blatant

How about the move-in RB from China Springs? Do you think all those defensive guys are from Allen? The tongan brothers from Cali? They moved back after the state game to Cali. Now they are back for fb season. That is quite an above the board program they have over there in Allen.

Comment

• Farmer
            All District
            • Apr 2015

How about the move-in RB from China Springs? Do you think all those defensive guys are from Allen? The tongan brothers from Cali? They moved back after the state game to Cali. Now they are back for fb season. That is quite an above the board program they have over there in Allen.

I wonder over the last 3 years how much of Allens offensive production, points, yards, etc have been produced by kids who actually started high school at Allen

Comment

• Firebird
              Practice Squad
              • Jul 2015

I am tempted to say "mandatory sit for a year" move in but it is too harsh.... Kids ,over all the time and the VAST majority have nothing to do with athletics. My solution is simple...every district has a DEC. BUT, they do not consider their own move-ins. Every move in gets assigned to a DEC at random, any classification. You moved to Allen? Convince the 31-2a DEC, with no dog n the fight, that it is above board.

I do want to throw up with what yen marquee sports have become. Congrats, Allen and Cedar Hill.

Comment

• SLCbacker
                Special Teams
                • Apr 2015

I wonder over the last 3 years how much of Allens offensive production, points, yards, etc have been produced by kids who actually started high school at Allen
                None of their championships would have been won without the transfers. I would be happy to defend that position.

Comment

• Farmer
                  All District
                  • Apr 2015

Originally posted by Firebird
                  I am tempted to say "mandatory sit for a year" move in but it is too harsh.... Kids ,over all the time and the VAST majority have nothing to do with athletics. My solution is simple...every district has a DEC. BUT, they do not consider their own move-ins. Every move in gets assigned to a DEC at random, any classification. You moved to Allen? Convince the 31-2a DEC, with no dog n the fight, that it is above board.

I do want to throw up with what yen marquee sports have become. Congrats, Allen and Cedar Hill.

it is truly nauseating. I could tell you some stories about Celina back in the 90s and then let's not even get started with basketball and what has happened there. Marcus, Plano West, Bridgeport, AAA Academy, Dallas Madison, Kimbal, South Oak Cliff and more.

What seems to be going on in football at the 8-6A schools as well as Allen is just as disgusting too. I wonder what's going to happen in basketball at the likes of DeSoto, Chill and Duncanville

Comment

• Farmer
                    All District
                    • Apr 2015

None of their championships would have been won without the transfers. I would be happy to defend that position.

I've Maintained that position since the Coppell game in 2012. Once they brought Murray in in the 2nd half at Coppell and he led the comeback in a losing effort in OT I didn't feel comfortable in thinking anybody would beat them the rest of that year.

Comment

• CHill
                      1st Team
                      • Apr 2015

it is truly nauseating. I could tell you some stories about Celina back in the 90s and then let's not even get started with basketball and what has happened there. Marcus, Plano West, Bridgeport, AAA Academy, Dallas Madison, Kimbal, South Oak Cliff and more.

What seems to be going on in football at the 8-6A schools as well as Allen is just as disgusting too. I wonder what's going to happen in basketball at the likes of DeSoto, Chill and Duncanville

They could use a 6'10" center that dominates in the paint.

Comment

• Eagle82
                        All District
                        • Apr 2015

Go ahead, defend it. Let's hear what you have to say.

Comment

• Farmer
                          All District
                          • Apr 2015

Originally posted by Eagle82

Go ahead, defend it. Let's hear what you have to say.

I'm not backer but here goes an attempt.

In 2012 the Allen offense was very average with Oliver Pierce at QB. He was not a good thrower and didn't have the intangibles that Murray did when it came to knowing when to tuck it and run. Pierce seemed to always be a run first QB to where Murray was a pure QB who would only take off running as a last resort. Murray knew how to work through his progressions even as a sophomore.

When Allrn went to play at Coppell their first 4 possessions might have totaled 90 yards of offense and 0 points. They were fortunate Coppell settled for 2 FGs and 1 TD during that time and were only down 13-0. Murray was inserted into the game in the late 2nd quarter and damn near almost won the game for Alken. Allen lost by 3 in OT. If Pierce stays in that game then Allen might have scored 7 points. Murray over the next 3 years would not relinquish his position at QB.

Allen definitely gets walked off the field by Mesquite in the 2nd round that year without Murray playing QB.

That at transfer alone is what propelled Allen from becoming a good, perennial 2 round team into a great, state championship team. Last year alone their top 2 rushers had both transferred into Allen after they began HS, their 2nd leading WR was a senior transfer on top of others.

I mi believe that is what backer is getting at

Comment

• Comanche
                            Practice Squad
                            • Apr 2015

I wonder how you go about telling a kid that's been busting his butt trying to get on the field and when its his time you bring in a transfer that gives you a better chance at winning a title?

Comment

• FEARTHEFALL
                              Practice Squad
                              • Jul 2015

I'm not backer but here goes an attempt.

In 2012 the Allen offense was very average with Oliver Pierce at QB. He was not a good thrower and didn't have the intangibles that Murray did when it came to knowing when to tuck it and run. Pierce seemed to always be a run first QB to where Murray was a pure QB who would only take off running as a last resort. Murray knew how to work through his progressions even as a sophomore.

When Allrn went to play at Coppell their first 4 possessions might have totaled 90 yards of offense and 0 points. They were fortunate Coppell settled for 2 FGs and 1 TD during that time and were only down 13-0. Murray was inserted into the game in the late 2nd quarter and damn near almost won the game for Alken. Allen lost by 3 in OT. If Pierce stays in that game then Allen might have scored 7 points. Murray over the next 3 years would not relinquish his position at QB.

Allen definitely gets walked off the field by Mesquite in the 2nd round that year without Murray playing QB.

That at transfer alone is what propelled Allen from becoming a good, perennial 2 round team into a great, state championship team. Last year alone their top 2 rushers had both transferred into Allen after they began HS, their 2nd leading WR was a senior transfer on top of others.

I mi believe that is what backer is getting at
                              Can you blame them for transferring. Who wouldn't do whats best for their kids to further their athletic career.

Comment

• mojotrain
                                2nd Team
                                • Jun 2015

Originally posted by FEARTHEFALL
                                Can you blame them for transferring. Who wouldn't do whats best for their kids to further their athletic career.
                                Just think, if we could start paying them money now.

Comment

• Farmer
                                  All District
                                  • Apr 2015

yeah I can. Going to Allen isn't why those kids are or were getting recruited or going to big schools. Kyler Murray would have still been the best QB in Texas regardless had he gone to Lewisville or Allen. Cody Butler didn't help his chances of being noticed by college simply by increasing his toll tag bill by going from Colleyvill to Allen for his senior year.

This whole notion of it helps their athletic careers by transferring is actually a bunch of bunk and a cop out for breaking the rules and cheating

Comment

• The King
                                    Practice Squad
                                    • Jul 2015

Originally posted by Comanche
                                    I wonder how you go about telling a kid that's been busting his butt trying to get on the field and when its his time you bring in a transfer that gives you a better chance at winning a title?

In the short term the transfer works, but if you do it enough much of your home grown talent will leave the team and depth will suffer

Comment

• FEARTHEFALL
                                      Practice Squad
                                      • Jul 2015

yeah I can. Going to Allen isn't why those kids are or were getting recruited or going to big schools. Kyler Murray would have still been the best QB in Texas regardless had he gone to Lewisville or Allen. Cody Butler didn't help his chances of being noticed by college simply by increasing his toll tag bill by going from Colleyvill to Allen for his senior year.

This whole notion of it helps their athletic careers by transferring is actually a bunch of bunk and a cop out for breaking the rules and cheating

I thought Murray's dad had to move for his job. Can you blame him for trying to put food on the table?

Comment

• RocklandDragon
                                        Special Teams
                                        • Jul 2015

Does anyone see the UIL trying to curtail this? Some of these transfers are ridiculously blatant but I have yet to hear anyone from the Austin offices trying to slow this down.
                                        I still work for the "other" site. Don't ban me. :D

Comment

• Farmer
                                          All District
                                          • Apr 2015

I thought Murray's dad had to move for his job. Can you blame him for trying to put food on the table?
                                          That commute from Lewisville to Allen is brutal I tell Ya. Yeah I know they had to be struggling for food. That poor poor man

Comment

• Farmer
                                            All District
                                            • Apr 2015

Originally posted by RocklandDragon
                                            Does anyone see the UIL trying to curtail this? Some of these transfers are ridiculously blatant but I have yet to hear anyone from the Austin offices trying to slow this down.

no! The UIL is not in the business to monitor anything other than turning a profit at the expense of teenage boys and girls. The last thing the UIL cares about is doing the right thing

Comment

• FEARTHEFALL
                                              Practice Squad
                                              • Jul 2015

That commute from Lewisville to Allen is brutal I tell Ya. Yeah I know they had to be struggling for food. That poor poor man

I'm pretty certain Allen would have won 3 titles without Murray. One player doesn't make a team.

Comment

• Farmer
                                                All District
                                                • Apr 2015

I'm pretty certain Allen would have won 3 titles without Murray. One player doesn't make a team.

lol that's cute!

No way In hades would they have won a state title without Murray. It would have been the traditional 2nd round exit like Allen had come accustomed to without Murray.

Comment

• SLCbacker
                                                  Special Teams
                                                  • Apr 2015

I'm pretty certain I would bet the ranch against what you are pretty certain about.

Comment

• Comanche
                                                    Practice Squad
                                                    • Apr 2015

Are you serious??? lollll!!!

Comment

• Super B
                                                      All District
                                                      • Apr 2015

Originally posted by Comanche

Are you serious??? lollll!!!
                                                      I don't know about a 2nd round exit in 2012 & 2013. I don't remember who they played in round 2. 2014 for sure.
                                                      Super B

Comment

• CHill
                                                        1st Team
                                                        • Apr 2015

Originally posted by RocklandDragon

You be around long enough, read the DMN article that has been posted on both sites, this issue has been around for over 50 years, and the DEC is the system in place policing their own districts under the UIL guidelines.

Comment

• CHill
                                                          1st Team
                                                          • Apr 2015

I'm pretty certain I would bet the ranch against what you are pretty certain about.

Not sure they would have beaten DeSoto or Trinity last year with out him. Watching the replay of those games, IMO, he was the difference on the offensive side of the ball.

Comment

• Farmer
                                                            All District
                                                            • Apr 2015

Originally posted by Super B

I don't know about a 2nd round exit in 2012 & 2013. I don't remember who they played in round 2. 2014 for sure.

they played an undefeated Mesquite team who kept the game close for 2.5 quarters. Allen had no answer for the ends or OLbs of Mesquite. The game was tied at halftime. Murray was able to escape the pressure in the 2nd half and made 2 heroic plays that put the game out of reach for Mesquite.

I I laugh at the notion, "I don't know about a 2nd round loss in 2012 or 2013, I don't remember who they played". Pretty much admitting you don't know what you're talking about.

Comment

• Farmer
                                                              All District
                                                              • Apr 2015

Originally posted by CHill

Not sure they would have beaten DeSoto or Trinity last year with out him. Watching the replay of those games, IMO, he was the difference on the offensive side of the ball.

agree and the same for 2012. Remember the game he had against Lamar in the state finals that year? Won offensive MVP honors after accounting for 3 TDs I believe and sparked the Allen offense with multiple long runs.

After seeing Allen play twice that year before Murray was inserted as the starter including the Coppell game when he took over the position in the 2nd quarter it was obvious he was the sprk they needed that year. Without him their offense would have been very average at best

Comment

Working...