X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • BevoBo
    Special Teams
    • Apr 2015

Trojan Nation loses another former great player

Hate to the bearer of bad new news, but my daughter just texted me that former Trojan great, Eryon Barnett passed away today due to pancreatic complications. Trinity has had more than there share of young men leaving us way to early lately. Just very sad news to hear. I used to see him at Trinity games and would stop and chat with about how things were going at Texas. Just a great guy. I have no link since it happened today. I'm sure something will be out officially soon. My daughter went to school with him and had classes with him and really enjoyed his company. May the Lord Jesus comfort his family and all those who knew him.
  • JagFan
    1st Team
    • Apr 2015

Prayers for family, friends and community.

Comment

• Super B
      All District
      • Apr 2015

Originally posted by BevoBo
      Hate to the bearer of bad new news, but my daughter just texted me that former Trojan great, Eryon Barnett passed away today due to pancreatic complications. Trinity has had more than there share of young men leaving us way to early lately. Just very sad news to hear. I used to see him at Trinity games and would stop and chat with about how things were going at Texas. Just a great guy. I have no link since it happened today. I'm sure something will be out officially soon. My daughter went to school with him and had classes with him and really enjoyed his company. May the Lord Jesus comfort his family and all those who knew him.
      Oh wow. Sad news. After Texas he had transferred to Montana State to play with the Trojans up there.
      Super B

Comment

• svhorns
        All State
        • Apr 2015

Read about this yesterday, terrible news. He had a facebook post on July 2nd that said "Pancreatitis again"

Comment

• CHill
          1st Team
          • Apr 2015

Originally posted by BevoBo

http://t.co/MBuXntJrpA (via @trinityfootball)

Comment

• Super B
            All District
            • Apr 2015

Originally posted by CHill

http://t.co/MBuXntJrpA (via @trinityfootball)
            Thanks for sharing.
            Super B

Comment

• Super B
              All District
              • Apr 2015

BY DOMINGO RAMIREZ JR.
              ramirez@star-telegram.com

A cause of death had not been released Sunday for a former Montana State University and Euless Trinity High School football player who died during the weekend in a hospital in Bozeman, Mont.

Eryon Barnett, 24, was pronounced dead at 3:30 p.m. Saturday at the hospital.

The cause of his death was pending autopsy results from officials at the Gallatin County coroner’s office.

Barnett suffered medical problems and injuries the last few years. His brother, Chris Barnett, said he was admitted to the hospital on July 2 with pancreatitis.

“He had been going to the hospital,” the 22-year-old Dallas resident said. “This was his fourth or fifth time this year.”

He said the night before he died his brother told him he was feeling a lot better and was ready to move back to Texas. The two were going to train for the NFL together.

He had just graduated from Montana State University and wanted to be closer to his 2-year-old son.

“He was a really good son, father and brother, but he was an even better man,” he said.

His father, Elzie Barnett, is head football coach at Wilmer-Hutchins High School in Dallas. He declined to talk about his son Sunday, saying he wasn’t ready, but he paid tribute to him on Twitter.

Montana State football coach Rod Ash said in a statement Saturday: “We’re heartbroken by the loss of Eryon Barnett. He fought through so much as a football player, and always showed a resilient spirit that everyone that knew him drew from and admired.”

Barnett was training and living in the Bozeman area with two other players after the 2014 season.

Born in Fort Worth, Barnett played at Euless Trinity High School and started his career at the University of Texas, where he was redshirted in 2009 and played seven games on special teams in 2010.

He missed 2011 with a knee injury before transferring to Montana State.

Barnett’s former UT football coach Mack Brown mourned the loss of his former player on social media.

Brown tweeted, “Thoughts and prayers for Eryon’s Family & Friends. He left us too soon. RIP.”

Barnett played in 2012, 2013 and last year for the Bobcats, starting nine games in 2014 as a sixth-year senior, and recorded 37 tackles, two interceptions and a forced fumble.

He missed part of the fall practice before the 2014 season because of complications of pancreatitis. He also missed two games in November with similar symptoms.

His brother said he played football because he knew he would be able to use it to provide for his family.

“He would want us rejoicing that he is in a better place — free of pain,” Chris Barnett said.

STAFF WRITER MONICA S. NAGY CONTRIBUTED TO THIS REPORT.

THIS REPORT INCLUDES MATERIAL FROM THE ASSOCIATED PRESS AND THE BOZEMAN DAILY CHRONICLE.

Domingo Ramirez Jr., 817-390-7763

Twitter: @mingoramirezjr

Read more here: http://www.star-telegram.com/news/lo...#storylink=cpy
              Super B

Comment

• Super B
                All District
                • Apr 2015

Super B

Comment

• Super B
                  All District
                  • Apr 2015

Coach Barnett is Eryon's father and Head Coach at Wilmer-Hutchins HS.

Super B

Comment

• Super B
                    All District
                    • Apr 2015

Super B

Comment

Working...
                    😀
                    😂
                    🥰
                    😘