X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Farmer
    All District
    • Apr 2015

State championship games moving?

I hope they do. My ultimate wish is going back to coaches deciding where the games are played but I know that's like living in Rainbow Land, it doesn't exist.

Thoughts on this years location?
  • Hebron0608
    Special Teams
    • Apr 2015

Apparently the Cowboys are trying to get their game rescheduled, but moving a nationally televised game may be a no-go especially since it's on the NFL Network (and therefore will be titled Thursday night football on Saturday).

They are playing the Jets, who suck. IMO the country would be better served watching the 6A title game than 'boys vs Jets.

Comment

• Farmer
      All District
      • Apr 2015

Originally posted by Hebron0608
      Apparently the Cowboys are trying to get their game rescheduled, but moving a nationally televised game may be a no-go especially since it's on the NFL Network (and therefore will be titled Thursday night football on Saturday).

They are playing the Jets, who suck. IMO the country would be better served watching the 6A title game than 'boys vs Jets.
      I'm not an NFL fan. I find the game to be boring at that level. That being said, you never know with most teams how they will be. The Jets could be better than most think.

I hope the UIL is forced to alternate the site of the title games only because it's wrong to continue and allow the DFW teams a home game each year.

To some that's whining and others will say I'm making that the sole reason why DFW ha swept the last 2 years. That's not the case at all. I just think in a football game forcing one team or region to always travel while granting another a guaranteed home game is an advantage whether people want to admit it or not

Comment

• Hebron0608
        Special Teams
        • Apr 2015

Originally posted by Farmer

I'm not an NFL fan. I find the game to be boring at that level. That being said, you never know with most teams how they will be. The Jets could be better than most think.

I hope the UIL is forced to alternate the site of the title games only because it's wrong to continue and allow the DFW teams a home game each year.

To some that's whining and others will say I'm making that the sole reason why DFW ha swept the last 2 years. That's not the case at all. I just think in a football game forcing one team or region to always travel while granting another a guaranteed home game is an advantage whether people want to admit it or not
        But the action in the suite makes up for it.

Comment

• Farmer
          All District
          • Apr 2015

Originally posted by Hebron0608

But the action in the suite makes up for it.
          Hahahaha yes it does

Comment

• BevoBo
            Special Teams
            • Apr 2015

Jerry is probably considering all options to keep this game, thats lost revenue to him!
            Rotation of CS game is prefered and best, but I think a very slight advantage for the closer team, unless your Katy traveling the day of the game...lol. There is no home team per say @ ATT, just a team closer.

Comment

• Super B
              All District
              • Apr 2015

I like the two year rotation. I wish it could be played somewhere other than SA, Houston and Arlington, but that won't happen either.
              Super B

Comment

• Greenbritches
                Practice Squad
                • Apr 2015

Just have it in SA every year. I mean let's be honest outside of Steele there is no chance of a SA team making it to state.

Comment

• Greenbritches
                  Practice Squad
                  • Apr 2015

Originally posted by BevoBo
                  Jerry is probably considering all options to keep this game, thats lost revenue to him!
                  Rotation of CS game is prefered and best, but I think a very slight advantage for the closer team, unless your Katy traveling the day of the game...lol. There is no home team per say @ ATT, just a team closer.

Trinity will play their first three possibly 4 games of the season at AT&T.

Comment

• BevoBo
                    Special Teams
                    • Apr 2015

Originally posted by Greenbritches
                    Trinity will play their first three possibly 4 games of the season at AT&T.
                    Only one will be at ATT.

Comment

• Greenbritches
                      Practice Squad
                      • Apr 2015

Only one will be at ATT.

I must have received bad info from a Trinity person.
                      Rockwall will be at AT&T also, it is part of one of those Classics and there is a very good chance De La Salle will be there as well.
                      ESPN will not do it at Pennington they are adamant about a college or pro stadium.
                      Last edited by Greenbritches; 04-23-2015, 03:44 PM.

Comment

• BevoBo
                        Special Teams
                        • Apr 2015

Originally posted by Greenbritches

I must have received bad info from a Trinity person.
                        Rockwall will be at AT&T also, it is part of one of those Classics and there is a very good chance De La Salle will be there as well.
                        ESPN will not do it at Pennington they are adamant about a college or pro stadium.
                        This is what is being posted as official from others. I know we played Lancaster at home last year and Heath @AT&T. Why the reversal, IDK.

Its official. We play DLS at Mansfield. Kickoff is at 8pm.

Week 2 we play Rockwall at Pennington (7:30)

Week 3 is Lancaster at ATT (2 pm)

Week 4 is GPNS at Baylor (7:30)

Comment

• Eagle82
                          All District
                          • Apr 2015

Will we see a 6A championship game under the Friday Night Lights?

UIL moves the games to Wednesday through Friday?

Comment

• Farmer
                            All District
                            • Apr 2015

Originally posted by Eagle82
                            Will we see a 6A championship game under the Friday Night Lights?

UIL moves the games to Wednesday through Friday?
                            I thought about that scenario and I wouldn't put it past the UIL and Jerry to do that. If they did I would feel really bad for the lower classes having to move their games up to wed.

Comment

• Eagle82
                              All District
                              • Apr 2015

I thought about that scenario and I wouldn't put it past the UIL and Jerry to do that. If they did I would feel really bad for the lower classes having to move their games up to wed.
                              Wednesday evening games would be interesting. Given the majority of small towns empty the streets Wednesday evenings for church, who do they pick, God or football!
                              lol!

Comment

• BevoBo
                                Special Teams
                                • Apr 2015

That would be a short week if they play the semi's on Friday or Saturday. Not much preparation for Championship game on Wed, if that happens. UIL needs to put their foot down to Jerry and say if we can't have them all, then move all games to Houston or SA or the new Baylor stadium. That's pretty central for all teams and fans, if available.

Comment

• Farmer
                                  All District
                                  • Apr 2015

That would be a short week if they play the semi's on Friday or Saturday. Not much preparation for Championship game on Wed, if that happens. UIL needs to put their foot down to Jerry and say if we can't have them all, then move all games to Houston or SA or the new Baylor stadium. That's pretty central for all teams and fans, if available.
                                  You're right. It would be a very short week and might force those smaller classification schools to play their semifinal games on a Thursday possibly to avoid only having 1 day of practice in preparation for a state title game

Comment

• Hebron0608
                                    Special Teams
                                    • Apr 2015

Not an option -- not enclosed.

Comment

• SumDude
                                      Practice Squad
                                      • Apr 2015

The mere fact that the UIL is taking this long to "decide" is a slap in the face to other hosting sites. I'm a DFW guy (born and bred), but this is simple… pick a different site to host. Or, the NFL moves the Dallas-NYJ game to Sunday. If that were to happen, it would show the teeth of the UIL/TXHSFB.

Comment

• Eagle82
                                        All District
                                        • Apr 2015

Originally posted by SumDude
                                        The mere fact that the UIL is taking this long to "decide" is a slap in the face to other hosting sites. I'm a DFW guy (born and bred), but this is simple… pick a different site to host. Or, the NFL moves the Dallas-NYJ game to Sunday. If that were to happen, it would show the teeth of the UIL/TXHSFB.
                                        I would think the NFL powers are greater than that of the UIL. The game will generate more revenue than all the playoff games combined?

I would also think that these NFL stadiums have to make themselves available, meaning NFL gets first dibs. Doubtful Jerry World submits a note with dates the stadium wouldn't be available.

Hey, then again perhaps it's a conspiracy! NFL scheduling dudes wanting to stick it to the UIL or NFL scheduling dudes have ties with Houston or San Antonio and want to disrupt things a bit and force the games to be played elsewhere!

Comment

Working...
                                        😀
                                        😂
                                        🥰
                                        😘
                                        🤢
                                        😎
                                        😞
                                        😡
                                        👍
                                        👎