X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • JWhite
    Practice Squad
    • Jun 2016

"Zero week"

I'm a 5A coach here in Kansas. Just ran across this site and have enjoyed looking over it. Can you guys explain what zero week is in Texas?
  • Eagle2
    All District
    • Apr 2015

Originally posted by JWhite
    I'm a 5A coach here in Kansas. Just ran across this site and have enjoyed looking over it. Can you guys explain what zero week is in Texas?
    It is merely nothing that has more to do with scheduling. Teams basically have 11 weeks for 10 games. For some teams in smaller districts with five teams only, it allows them to be more flexible in scheduling or more difficult in finding teams to play. Some teams use this week(bye) as practice while the majority schedule to play and bye before district play or at end of season. Its basically just to make sure all teams get enough games to play.

Comment

• JWhite
      Practice Squad
      • Jun 2016

I see that makes sense. I saw Desoto play a couple of years ago at home when Desmond White was the QB. I know last year was a little rough how's it look this year?

Comment

• Eagle2
        All District
        • Apr 2015

Originally posted by JWhite
        I see that makes sense. I saw Desoto play a couple of years ago at home when Desmond White was the QB. I know last year was a little rough how's it look this year?
        Expectations at the Eagle camp are always high, to contend for the state championship. Transition year has past & Eagles will be a team to watch. Probably best offensive line in school history, lots of returnees on defense and playmakers all over the field on offense. With new district realignment Eagles will escape nemesis Allen but could face district mate and rival neighbor Cedar Hill in playoff round en route to championship.

Comment

• sTp
          1st Team
          • Apr 2015

For clarification, the UIL (governing body) used to have the weeks numbered 0-10 (11 total) for the teams to get their 10 regular season games and bye week in. Back in 2014 when the UIL renumbered our classification system, they also renumbered the weeks to 1-11.

Hope this helps.

Comment

• Super B
            All District
            • Apr 2015

Originally posted by sTp
            For clarification, the UIL (governing body) used to have the weeks numbered 0-10 (11 total) for the teams to get their 10 regular season games and bye week in. Back in 2014 when the UIL renumbered our classification system, they also renumbered the weeks to 1-11.

Hope this helps.
            Correct. There is no "zero week" anymore. Old zero week is now week 1.
            Super B

Comment

Working...