Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Farmer
    replied
    Let me throw out Celina.

1995-2008 they won 7 state titles including 4 in a row from '98-01. During that time they appeared in 9 title games and won a state record 68 straight games. This time frame saw them win titles in both 2A and 3A. They also won 10+ games a year from 1995 through 2008

Leave a comment:

• svhorns
    replied
    Originally posted by Super B
    In sports, it is generally accepted that a team is a dynasty if they win at least three championships in their league with a 2-1 years-titles ratio. So there are lots of little dyansties, but obviously some of the big ones were mentioned above.

SVH, are you looking for 5A/6A (highest classification only, or over all classifications?
    I'm looking for the greatest Texas High School Football dynasty. From 1957 to 1969 the Boston Celtics won 11 of 13 NBA championships. The Boston Celtics in that time have the greatest dynasty in the NBA.

From 1964 to 1975 the UCLA men's basketball team won 10 of 12 NCAA championships, that includes 7 straight titles from 1967 to 1973. That's the greatest dynasty in all of college basketball.

First we have to determine which teams are actually considered a dynasty and from there we determine which was the greatest dynasty of all. We can seed the dynastys in a tournament bracket form and vote to finally get our answer. This is for all classifications and timeframes.

Leave a comment:

• Farmer
    replied
    Everybody is going to have different criteria. There's the obvious that is listed above and then there are others not mentioned like Celina, Lake Travis, Aledo and Sealy: if you're looking at longevity then Permian from '67-'91 is going to be hard to argue against, especially with all but one of those titles coming in the 1 champion era

Leave a comment:

• Super B
    replied
    In sports, it is generally accepted that a team is a dynasty if they win at least three championships in their league with a 2-1 years-titles ratio. So there are lots of little dyansties, but obviously some of the big ones were mentioned above.

SVH, are you looking for 5A/6A (highest classification only, or over all classifications?

Leave a comment:

• svhorns
    replied
    Originally posted by mojotrain
    I'll bite and then retreat. No parameters to guide?

In large class only it's Odessa Permian, Abilene and Converse Judson. Judson wins because of their record against Permian.

Including those who won championships in more than one class I'll vote plain-o Plano, SLC and KT.

The word dynasty probably denotes. a long period of time as being dominate or controlling. I didn't look it up that's just my opinion. Considering that Add Waco to the mix.

Barring a key board fist fight this topic could last till the last week of August. Now I'll sit back and watch the next 100 "what about's".
    I didn't set any parameters because we need to figure out who was the greatest dynasty in all of Texas High School Football. This debate needs to end here and now.

Leave a comment:

• mojotrain
    replied
    I'll bite and then retreat. No parameters to guide?

In large class only it's Odessa Permian, Abilene and Converse Judson. Judson wins because of their record against Permian.

Including those who won championships in more than one class I'll vote plain-o Plano, SLC and KT.

The word dynasty probably denotes. a long period of time as being dominate or controlling. I didn't look it up that's just my opinion. Considering that Add Waco to the mix.

Barring a key board fist fight this topic could last till the last week of August. Now I'll sit back and watch the next 100 "what about's".

Leave a comment:

• svhorns
    started a topic Dynasty Dynasty Dynasty

Dynasty Dynasty Dynasty

How many state championships does it take before your team can be considered a dynasty? Which is the greatest dynasty of them all?

1) Celina 1995-2008
    2) Fort Han**** 1986-1992
    Last edited by svhorns; 06-18-2015, 04:10 PM.
Working...