X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • svhorns
    All State
    • Apr 2015

Big Time WR Dee Anderson from West Mesquite has Transferred to Desoto

Anderson was recently involved in a scuffle with one the coaches kids from West Mesquite and he was kicked off the team. Dee Anderson is an LSU commit and the cousin of Ex Mesquite Poteet WR and now Texas Longhorn Deandre McNeal.
    Last edited by svhorns; 06-12-2015, 05:27 PM.
  • Farmer
    All District
    • Apr 2015

Originally posted by svhorns
    Anderson was recently involved in a scuffle with one the coaches kids from West Mesquite and he was kicked off the team. Dee Anderson is an LSU commit and the cousin of Ex Mesquite Poteet WR and now Texas Longhorn Deandre McNeal.
    Lol

So he was kicked off of a team and then went over to desoto?

Nothing suspicious about that at all

Comment

• BevoBo
      Special Teams
      • Apr 2015

Originally posted by Farmer

Lol

So he was kicked off of a team and then went over to desoto?

Nothing suspicious about that at all
      This is really getting laughable. I was kinda just neutral on all this stuff, but every week there seems to be a transfer, of football studs nonetheless.

Comment

• Farmer
        All District
        • Apr 2015

Originally posted by BevoBo

This is really getting laughable. I was kinda just neutral on all this stuff, but every week there seems to be a transfer, of football studs nonetheless.
        It's the domino theory. Once one falls so do the rest. Once one program gets away with it then the others try as well.

The game we have all loved so much is transitioning before our eyes.

The transfers and the money grab the UILnis doing with a single site title game. They don't care anymore.

Texas used to be different from the rest but it has slowly changed and now we are stuck with a product that isn't natural anymore.

Comment

• svhorns
          All State
          • Apr 2015

I'm not sure I see the difference between IMG Academy and Desoto.

Comment

• DESOTOEAGLE
            Practice Squad
            • Jun 2015

HE SHOULD HELP DESOTO JUST FINE

Comment

• Farmer
              All District
              • Apr 2015

I look at Allen, Chill, Desoto and it's evident that the DFW powers are all about filling voids. This is sickening what has happened to Texas HS football! It isn't any different than the private schools we used to love to accuse of recruiting

Comment

• Farmer
                All District
                • Apr 2015

Originally posted by DESOTOEAGLE
                HE SHOULD HELP DESOTO JUST FINE
                No he shouldn't! This isn't one of your kids. He should play for his school and not abuse the open enrollment that desoto allows

Comment

• CHill
                  1st Team
                  • Apr 2015

no tuition at DeSoto

Comment

• svhorns
                    All State
                    • Apr 2015

Originally posted by CHill

no tuition at DeSoto
                    True.

Comment

• CHill
                      1st Team
                      • Apr 2015

Then he might not be playing this fall....

LSU COMMIT DEE ANDERSON FINDS NEW HIGH SCHOOL

LSU commit Dee Anderson has enrolled at DeSoto high school after being dismissed from the West Mesquite football team earlier this spring.
                      FULL STORY Today at 1:53 P

Comment

• Eagle2
                        All District
                        • Apr 2015

One big difference$$$$$$ of dollars as well as being an athletic sports academy and not an academic school.

Comment

• svhorns
                          All State
                          • Apr 2015

Originally posted by CHill
                          Then he might not be playing this fall....
                          http://louisianastate.scout.com/story/1554744-lsu-commit-dee-anderson-finds-new-high-school"][/URL]
                          http://louisianastate.scout.com/story/1554744-lsu-commit-dee-anderson-finds-new-high-school"]LSU COMMIT DEE ANDERSON FINDS NEW HIGH SCHOOL[/URL]

LSU commit Dee Anderson has enrolled at DeSoto high school after being dismissed from the West Mesquite football team earlier this spring.
                          http://louisianastate.scout.com/story/1554744-lsu-commit-dee-anderson-finds-new-high-school"]FULL STORY[/URL] Today at 1:53 P

Im not sure if you guys can read that link but I have a scout sub. The article is pretty basic and it doesn't say much. We all know there's a possibilty he wont play for Desoto based on whatever the decision makers decide. He doesnt know anymore than you do, you probably have more knowledge on the situation than he does.

Comment

• svhorns
                            All State
                            • Apr 2015

Originally posted by Eagle2

One big difference$$$$$$ of dollars as well as being an athletic sports academy and not an academic school.

Yes of course. You'll get used to my posting style over time.

Comment

• Eagle2
                              All District
                              • Apr 2015

Im not sure if you guys can read that link but I have a scout sub. The article is pretty basic and it doesn't say much. We all know there's a possibilty he wont play for Desoto based on whatever the decision makers decide. He doesnt know anymore than you do, you probably have more knowledge on the situation than he does.

Correct its his school of choice. Nothing has been approved. Ultimate decison lies with the decision makers. Is this for an academic or athletic purpose? We shall see.

Comment

• svhorns
                                All State
                                • Apr 2015

I know it seems like I might be picking on you guys but Kaegun Williams and Dee Anderson arent your typical nobody transfers. These are legitimate high profile players and then you have Jaylin Nelson at Duncanville now. It's all happening at once.

You guys have to admit that this is getting a tad bit crazy.

Comment

• CHill
                                  1st Team
                                  • Apr 2015

I know it seems like I might be picking on you guys but Kaegun Williams and Dee Anderson arent your typical nobody transfers. These are legitimate high profile players and then you have Jaylin Nelson at Duncanville now. It's all happening at once.

You guys have to admit that this is getting a tad bit crazy.

Here's a coach on TOC explaining the transfer of Williams, no doubt for employment reasons.

Short story mom's parents lived here and her dad Coach Luker (can't remember his first name) coached under Briles back in the day. She moved here, finished her education and got a good job. Best of luck to them. It was fun and gives me reason to be a CHill fan for the next couple of years. KW is a really good young man and athlete.

I know some will wonder why she didn't get a job in the Ville. Well back in the day it was not uncommon for positions to be created for a person with a good athlete. That was one of several factors that had SISD in bad financial status when Briles left. That climate changed. To my knowledge we didn't have available or couldn't compete with what KW's mom was looking for.

Comment

• MGoBlue
                                    Practice Squad
                                    • May 2015

This tells you all you need to know about Desoto's HC.

Comment

• Super B
                                      All District
                                      • Apr 2015

Originally posted by MGoBlue
                                      Welcome to the board. I know your account has existed for a while, but you finally posted. Nice.
                                      Super B

Comment

• Super B
                                        All District
                                        • Apr 2015

That's the typical way this stuff happens. I wonder if the I-20 corridor schools ever hire teachers or coaches who do not have kids who are very good players?
                                        Super B

Comment

• CHill
                                          1st Team
                                          • Apr 2015

Originally posted by Super B
                                          That's the typical way this stuff happens. I wonder if the I-20 corridor schools ever hire teachers or coaches who do not have kids who are very good players?

CH Junior 2nd string QB that signals in plays with play cards, G. McGuire.

Comment

• Grainraiser
                                            Practice Squad
                                            • Apr 2015

I'm not sure why everyone acts as if getting transfers is something new. It has been going on for years and they will continue to happen. The only thing different is we now have forums, and social media that only focus on high school sports.

Comment

• Eagle2
                                              All District
                                              • Apr 2015

Originally posted by MGoBlue
                                              ???????????

Comment

• Farmer
                                                All District
                                                • Apr 2015

Originally posted by Grainraiser
                                                I'm not sure why everyone acts as if getting transfers is something new. It has been going on for years and they will continue to happen. The only thing different is we now have forums, and social media that only focus on high school sports.
                                                The issue being discussed here isn't so much the transfer itself but instead it is the events involving this young man that caused him to transfer.
                                                Just because transfers have happened over the course of history doesn't mean you have to stay naive, of course transfers occur and a good amount of these transfers occur with football or their sport of choice on their mind. That is illegal.

Comment

• Grainraiser
                                                  Practice Squad
                                                  • Apr 2015

The issue being discussed here isn't so much the transfer itself but instead it is the events involving this young man that caused him to transfer.
                                                  Just because transfers have happened over the course of history doesn't mean you have to stay naive, of course transfers occur and a good amount of these transfers occur with football or their sport of choice on their mind. That is illegal.

I know exactly what happened to get him kicked off the team. There is also no doubt that this transfer is for athletic reasons. The question is what happens now. I am assuming West Mesquite signed off on the transfer. If the kid moved to the Desoto district what can be done. I would be surprised if he is allowed to play but we are talking about the UIL not a court of law. In my opinion these transfers should be looked at on a case by case basis. I would hate a kid not be allowed to play his senior season simply because he had to transfer to another school when the transfer had nothing to do with athletics.
                                                  Last edited by Grainraiser; 06-15-2015, 07:56 AM.

Comment

• JagFan
                                                    1st Team
                                                    • Apr 2015

I know exactly what happened to get him kicked off the team. There is also no doubt that this transfer is for athletic reasons. The question is what happens now. I am assuming West Mesquite signed off on the transfer. If the kid moved to the Desoto district what can be done. I would be surprised if he is allowed to play but we are talking about the UIL not a court of law. In my opinion these transfers should be looked at on a case by case basis. I would hate a kid not be allowed to play his senior season simply because he had to transfer to another school when the transfer had nothing to do with athletics.
                                                    They are.

Comment

• Farmer
                                                      All District
                                                      • Apr 2015

Kids should also stay out of trouble or taking a lazy mans way out and transferring to the program that they think gives them the best chance to win. I don't feel sorry at all for kids who may have to sit out a year. Like other things in life fair is an even that happens once a year and it's held every October in Southeast Dallas.

If this kid is granted eligibility at DeSoto along with the other questionable transfers on the I-20 corridor and Allen then Texas HS has become nothing but a joke

Comment

• JagFan
                                                        1st Team
                                                        • Apr 2015

Kids should also stay out of trouble or taking a lazy mans way out and transferring to the program that they think gives them the best chance to win. I don't feel sorry at all for kids who may have to sit out a year. Like other things in life fair is an even that happens once a year and it's held every October in Southeast Dallas.

If this kid is granted eligibility at DeSoto along with the other questionable transfers on the I-20 corridor and Allen then Texas HS has become nothing but a joke
                                                        The AAU of Texas High School Football. No more do kids want to play for their hometown and with their buddies. They have adults that tell them they have to go to such and such school to be noticed (which is BS) and schools and the UIL have allowed the big sponsors to take over the game and make it about them and not the kids. it is no longer about hometown pride but what can I get from Nike, Adidas, Gatorade, No wonder some really good coaches are getting out and I don't blame them one bit.

Comment

• Farmer
                                                          All District
                                                          • Apr 2015

Originally posted by JagFan

The AAU of Texas High School Football. No more do kids want to play for their hometown and with their buddies. They have adults that tell them they have to go to such and such school to be noticed (which is BS) and schools and the UIL have allowed the big sponsors to take over the game and make it about them and not the kids. it is no longer about hometown pride but what can I get from Nike, Adidas, Gatorade, No wonder some really good coaches are getting out and I don't blame them one bit.
                                                          The funny thing is over the last 20 years or so I've actually seen TAPPS regulate transfers much tougher than the UIL has. Heck I've seen TAPPS not only place a program on probation but also suspended a coach for an entire year for recruiting.

Comment

• JagFan
                                                            1st Team
                                                            • Apr 2015

The funny thing is over the last 20 years or so I've actually seen TAPPS regulate transfers much tougher than the UIL has. Heck I've seen TAPPS not only place a program on probation but also suspended a coach for an entire year for recruiting.
                                                            And the publics complain and whine about the privates.

Comment

Working...