X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • svhorns
    All State
    • Apr 2015

Dave Campbell's Texas Football Releases 2015 Magazine Cover

Opinions? I think it looks great. Baylor and TCU fans aren't amused and feel disrespected. I think they received the perfect amount of spotlight in the top right hand corner.

• Farmer
    All District
    • Apr 2015

I love it and agree. It's time to play the damn game. Is the magazine out yet?

Comment

• Shady12
      2nd Team
      • Apr 2015

Hits newsstands the 19th. Frogs and Bears could dominate the state for the next 20 years and people would still care more about Texas and A&M.

Comment

• BevoBo
        Special Teams
        • Apr 2015

Originally posted by svhorns
        Opinions? I think it looks great. Baylor and TCU fans aren't amused and feel disrespected. I think they received the perfect amount of spotlight in the top right hand corner.

This made me laugh. Couldn't agree more.

Comment

• BevoBo
          Special Teams
          • Apr 2015

Originally posted by Farmer
          I love it and agree. It's time to play the damn game. Is the magazine out yet?
          It's only a matter of time Farmer. Hopefully sooner than later.

Comment

• Super B
            All District
            • Apr 2015

Originally posted by BevoBo

This made me laugh. Couldn't agree more.

Meh. They've had their years of making the cover too.
            Super B

Comment

• OakTreeOut-n-Up
              Special Teams
              • Apr 2015

That cover's perfect.

Comment

• mojotrain
                2nd Team
                • Jun 2015

For sure they need to have the game. Surely one of them can win it.

Comment

• Greenbritches
                  Practice Squad
                  • Apr 2015

Originally posted by Shady12
                  Hits newsstands the 19th. Frogs and Bears could dominate the state for the next 20 years and people would still care more about Texas and A&M.

Texas still has a football program?

Comment

• svhorns
                    All State
                    • Apr 2015

Originally posted by Greenbritches

Texas still has a football program?
                    Shorts are so much better than PANTS.

Comment

• Greenbritches
                      Practice Squad
                      • Apr 2015

Originally posted by svhorns

Shorts are so much better than PANTS.
                      That is funny because if you know me, I am in shorts pretty much year round regardless of weather.
                      I almost went with Dragonshorts but decided to be more creative.
                      So how long until the Horns are back on track and at least competitive from a national standpoint?
                      I think A&M's best days with Sumlin are behind them as I do not think he nor anyone else can control the kids.
                      It does not appear to be much of a team atmosphere in College Station and while I think Strong has cleaned out the trouble makers in addition to creating a stronger bond amongst the players, there just isn't that much talent. Fewer Texas high school kids have that one major goal of being a Longhorn. Mack didn't do him any favors with his qb recruiting either.

Comment

• svhorns
                        All State
                        • Apr 2015

Originally posted by Greenbritches

That is funny because if you know me, I am in shorts pretty much year round regardless of weather.
                        I almost went with Dragonshorts but decided to be more creative.
                        So how long until the Horns are back on track and at least competitive from a national standpoint?
                        I think A&M's best days with Sumlin are behind them as I do not think he nor anyone else can control the kids.
                        It does not appear to be much of a team atmosphere in College Station and while I think Strong has cleaned out the trouble makers in addition to creating a stronger bond amongst the players, there just isn't that much talent. Fewer Texas high school kids have that one major goal of being a Longhorn. Mack didn't do him any favors with his qb recruiting either.
                        I think most Horn fans just want to see progress at this point. If Texas can win 8 or 9 game this season that would be considered a success. The 2015 recruiting class was outstanding, and the foundation class for Strong. It was the first year he was able to build relationships with recruits at Texas. Id say theres about 6 or 7 recruits in that foundation class that will start or get heavy playing time from day one.

Mack, as you stated completely thrashed the QB position. Not only does Texas have subpar QB play but Shawn Watson came in thinking he'd be able to run his pro style offense at Texas. As you saw, it was horrible. Texas has since then changed their offense to a more uptempo spread style. I would compare the new offense to Ohio St. and not Baylor and Oregon. Hopefully this will get J Gray more space to run the ball and build confidence in the QB's because Texas is 90% spread in HS, thats where the comfortability is with Texas HS QBs.
                        Last edited by svhorns; 06-17-2015, 08:53 AM.

Comment

• Eagle82
                          All District
                          • Apr 2015

Baylor and TCU being privates. Does anyone think SMU can one day compete with the big boys being a private as well?

Comment

• svhorns
                            All State
                            • Apr 2015

Originally posted by Eagle82
                            Baylor and TCU being privates. Does anyone think SMU can one day compete with the big boys being a private as well?
                            Coach Morris at SMU and Coach Herman at Houston have been recruiting very well this year. We're in a time of recruiting where Texas and Oklahoma are down, A&M has opened up a pipeline into Texas for the SEC, and Baylor and TCU are on top of the big 12. For along time it's been Texas or OU for the big time recruits but now, kids are seeing more options than ever before. SMU is going to have to make it cool to go to SMU and one way of doing that is running a high octane offense and Chad Morris would be the perfect man for that. University of Louisiana Monroe was a defensive stop away from beating A&M last year so anything can happen. If SMU can start winning consistently and beat some power 5 conference teams along the way the Big 12 has a couple of spots open to add some teams.

Comment

• Super B
                              All District
                              • Apr 2015

Originally posted by Eagle82
                              No. I think they can build a very solid respectable program. Coach JJ started strong. They beat TCU. They made a few bowl games. Competed well in their conference, etc... If you are SMU, winning conference titles, going to Bowl games and being considered a consistent strong program is about as much as they can hope for. I can never envision a scenario where they get into a Major Conference and compete for Conference titles.
                              Super B

Comment

• svhorns
                                All State
                                • Apr 2015

Originally posted by Super B

No. I think they can build a very solid respectable program. Coach JJ started strong. They beat TCU. They made a few bowl games. Competed well in their conference, etc... If you are SMU, winning conference titles, going to Bowl games and being considered a consistent strong program is about as much as they can hope for. I can never envision a scenario where they get into a Major Conference and compete for Conference titles.
                                Uhhhh you do realize SMU was in the SWC right? They aren't chopped liver. Hell TCU was in the Mountain West when Texas won their last national championship. 9 years later and TCU was a horrible choke job away from being in the NCAA playoff. It's not impossible but it will take time, they just have to win consistently and Chad Morris needs to build an identity for his SMU teams.

Comment

• Super B
                                  All District
                                  • Apr 2015

SVH, the reality is SMU is so paranoid because of the death penalty, they run the tightest ship in CFB. Right off the bat they are not on an even playing field.

Could they compete for a National title someday? Perhaps.

Do I think I'll see it in my lifetime? No.
                                  Super B

Comment

Working...