X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Super B
    All District
    • Apr 2015

DMN: Tale of the tape, Dallas vs. Houston

D-FW and Houston both have a long history of great high school football programs, but when the two meet, who wins? I looked at 6A playoff games between Houston area and D-FW schools in the last 10 years and found…

See more here: http://highschoolsportsblog.dallasne...-houston.html/
    Last edited by Super B; 06-03-2015, 04:52 PM.
    Super B
  • dada
    2nd Team
    • Apr 2015

FM Marcus isnt considered DFW? Katy beat them in 08 and 09

Comment

• dada
      2nd Team
      • Apr 2015

Nevermind...just read that it was playoffs only

Comment

• Farmer
        All District
        • Apr 2015

It's the same 4 programs that have all the wins for DFW where GHA has 6 different programs with victories over DFW teams. Of the 12 matchup in state games 9 of the 12 games have been in Irving or Arlington, 2 in Houston and 1 in San Antonio.

Comment

• Farmer
          All District
          • Apr 2015

Correction 6 different DFW programs with wins in that time frame to 8 different programs for the GHA.

Comment

• Super B
            All District
            • Apr 2015

Originally posted by dada
            FM Marcus isnt considered DFW? Katy beat them in 08 and 09
            Pretty sure they are just talking playoffs. Otherwise there would be a whole lot more games listed.
            Super B

Comment

• Eagle82
              All District
              • Apr 2015

You know I have to throw this in for our West Texas schools.

D-II
              Abilene 29, Klein 21
              Abilene 28, Katy 17

Comment

Originally posted by Farmer
                It's the same 4 programs that have all the wins for DFW where GHA has 6 different programs with victories over DFW teams. Of the 12 matchup in state games 9 of the 12 games have been in Irving or Arlington, 2 in Houston and 1 in San Antonio.
                I can't wait to see what happens this year.

Comment

• Eagle82
                  All District
                  • Apr 2015

Originally posted by Farmer
                  I can see why Houston area fans may have a concern about not being able to play the game in their area.

Comment

• Farmer
                    All District
                    • Apr 2015

Originally posted by Eagle82

I can see why Houston area fans may have a concern about not being able to play the game in their area.
                    It's a legit complaint and the people from the Dallas area who laugh it off are the first ones who would be concerned if the same was constantly happening to their program.
                    Only the 2005 game in Irving was not a pre-determined site by the UIL. Carroll won the flip that year against Katy and got them in Texas Stadium. I wonder why Dodge didn't decide to play the game in Houston instead?

It's also why in the playoffs you see more and more coaches decide to opt for a neutral site instead of risking going on the road to play a game deep in the playoffs.

Comment

Working...