X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • svhorns
    All State
    • Apr 2015

Denton Guyer Received a TE Transfer from Washington

6-4 235 TE Brian Polendey. He received a scholarship offer today from Jim Harbaugh and the Michigan Wolverines. He is in the class of 2017 so he'll be a junior when football season rolls around.

• JagFan
    1st Team
    • Apr 2015

Bet he has to sit and Green gets to play.

Comment

• CHill
      1st Team
      • Apr 2015

Some one forgot to tell him, Kitna is at the Hatch and all Washington transfers play there.
      Last edited by CHill; 05-20-2015, 10:30 PM.

Comment

• sTp
        1st Team
        • Apr 2015

Originally posted by JagFan
        Bet he has to sit and Green gets to play.
        I would (sadly) lmao..

Comment

• Farmer
          All District
          • Apr 2015

Originally posted by svhorns
          6-4 235 TE Brian Polendey. He received a scholarship offer today from Jim Harbaugh and the Michigan Wolverines. He is in the class of 2017 so he'll be a junior when football season rolls around.

http://247sports.com/Player/Brian-Polendey-82522
          What kind of speed does he have? His hudl videos look impressive with the weights and vertical. Kid is a good looking athlete.

Also, what position is his dad coaching? 😀

Comment

• Super B
            All District
            • Apr 2015

My investigative skill has determined that the Polendey's moved from Kent, WA to Denton, TX last summer (end of June 2014). Brian played on the Guyer JV Black team in 2014. So Freshman year in Kent, Sophomore year in Denton.
            Super B

Comment

• Farmer
              All District
              • Apr 2015

Originally posted by Super B
              My investigative skill has determined that the Polendey's moved from Kent, WA to Denton, TX last summer (end of June 2014). Brian played on the Guyer JV Black team in 2014. So Freshman year in Kent, Sophomore year in Denton.
              If that's the case I wonder if he was ruled ineligible and forced to play JV or if he just hasn't developed yet. Either way I'm glad he played a year of JV

Comment

• Super B
                All District
                • Apr 2015

Originally posted by Farmer

If that's the case I wonder if he was ruled ineligible and forced to play JV or if he just hasn't developed yet. Either way I'm glad he played a year of JV
                Could be either way. I know his older sister now in college was a star rugby player for Kent. No evidence that either parent is a teacher or coach.
                Super B

Comment

• Farmer
                  All District
                  • Apr 2015

Originally posted by Super B

Could be either way. I know his older sister now in college was a star rugby player for Kent. No evidence that either parent is a teacher or coach.
                  The coach comment I made was an attempt at humor on how Robinson transferred. It was lame lol

Sounds like a tough family with a star rugby player as a sister

Comment

• svhorns
                    All State
                    • Apr 2015

Most of the recruiting services had no idea about the kid. He wasn't in any database. While most go the Guyer practices to watch Shawn Robinson, it seemed liked he popped up out of nowhere. Here's a little article on him.

Brian Polendey, a 6-foot-5, 235-pound tight end from Denton (Texas) Guyer is a player that is now firmly on the recruiting radar for the 2017 recruiting class.

The junior-to-be will be getting a chance to shine in the Guyer offense, which will be able to feature him as a blocker and as a pass catcher.

Those familiar with the team will all remember how dangerous the offense was when it featured Dominic Ramacher (Class of 2012, Oklahoma State).

Polendey moved-in to Texas from the state of Washington.

"It is awesome," Polendey said. "It is really exciting. The coaches have been great to me ever since I moved here. And I am just excited to go out and win the state championship."

"It is 6A football down here, so it is an extreme level of competition, so I feel like I fit in pretty well."

On the recruiting front, Polendey is a name that is about burst out on the radar with college coaches.

He shows up as a focused and aggressive blocker and also flashed some hands and route running ability during a recent check-in to watch the Wildcats scrimmage.

Because he plays physical and has great hands -- Polendey says the he looks up to New England Patriots tight end Rob Gronkowski.

He is hopeful that he can put some of 'Gronk's' game into what he does on the field.

"Catching the ball and running," Polendey answered when asked about his biggest strengths at the position.

It was not a surprise to hear that he already has his first offer.

"Yeah, I got one from the University of Houston," Polendey reported."It was exciting. It was my first one and it came as a surprise, so it was pretty awesome."

While Tom Herman and his staff where the ones to get in first Polendey is just getting stated with recruiting as teams are just now discovering him.

His offer list could explode, and most likely will as he heads in to his junior year.

"There has been a lot," Polendey confirmed about the college programs steeping up interest in him. There is Clemson, there is 'Oke State' (Oklahoma State), there is a lot of them.

"I like a lot of colleges. Notre Dame is one of them -- their tradition and how they play the game."

Polendey along with his Guyer teammates are scheduled to open the season against Allen High, the defending state champs.

Comment

• Farmer
                      All District
                      • Apr 2015

I'll have to catch a Guyer game or two this year. I love watching a physical TE play which is why I love watching Kaden Smith play at Marcus. Guyer sounds like they could be really dangerous on offense this year.

Comment

• GymCatmomx2
                        Practice Squad
                        • May 2015

Hey folks, I just found out about this site and this player this morning. I haven't heard any of the student body mention him at all. I did a little research on my own, and it appears that he may have been at Guyer in the spring. At least there are pictures of Guyer and the football players that he has posted on his Twitter account. There is a picture of a Guyer classroom that he posted on 2/10/14 with the heading "First class at Guyer".

Comment

• Admin
                          TX HS Football Talk
                          • Mar 2015

Originally posted by GymCatmomx2
                          Hey folks, I just found out about this site and this player this morning. I haven't heard any of the student body mention him at all. I did a little research on my own, and it appears that he may have been at Guyer in the spring. At least there are pictures of Guyer and the football players that he has posted on his Twitter account. There is a picture of a Guyer classroom that he posted on 2/10/14 with the heading "First class at Guyer".
                          Welcome to our little community on the web!

Comment

• Farmer
                            All District
                            • Apr 2015

Welcome gymcatmom! Glad to see you made your way over here. Spread the word to others in Denton and others you may know. Always enjoy reading your input. I'm really looking forward to watching Guyer play this year

Comment

• sTp
                              1st Team
                              • Apr 2015

Welcome to the little board that could!

Comment

• Farmer
                                All District
                                • Apr 2015

Originally posted by sTp
                                Welcome to the little board that could!
                                Dang right! As we grow this community I'm confident we can have some incredible discussions on here.

Comment

• JagFan
                                  1st Team
                                  • Apr 2015

Glad you found it.

Comment

• some eagle fan
                                    Special Teams
                                    • Apr 2015

N
                                    Originally posted by Farmer
                                    I'll have to catch a Guyer game or two this year. I love watching a physical TE play which is why I love watching Kaden Smith play at Marcus. Guyer sounds like they could be really dangerous on offense this year.
                                    8/28/2015 - 7:30PM Denton Guyer vs Allen Eagles @ Eagle Stadium.

Should be a good game.
                                    Last edited by some eagle fan; 05-22-2015, 10:42 AM.

Comment

• BevoBo
                                      Special Teams
                                      • Apr 2015

The Allen/Guyer game will be one the best early matchups to see next season!

I think Trinity is scheduled to scrimmage Guyer again this year. It will be a good opportunity to see the new TE, the Guyer offense and how Robinson looks after a full year of playing. And a chance for us Trinity fans to see how we stack up with a very good Guyer team. Hopefully this will get us ready for a potent DLS team early.

I hope Texas continues to recruit Robinson hard. I would love to see him at Texas! Sounds like they should be inquiring about the TE also.

Comment

• sTp
                                        1st Team
                                        • Apr 2015

Originally posted by BevoBo
                                        The Allen/Guyer game will be one the best early matchups to see next season!

I think Trinity is scheduled to scrimmage Guyer again this year. It will be a good opportunity to see the new TE, the Guyer offense and how Robinson looks after a full year of playing. And a chance for us Trinity fans to see how we stack up with a very good Guyer team. Hopefully this will get us ready for a potent DLS team early.

I hope Texas continues to recruit Robinson hard. I would love to see him at Texas! Sounds like they should be inquiring about the TE also.
                                        Don't forget about ya'lls "new" offense. Let us know how it all goes.

Comment

• Eagle2
                                          All District
                                          • Apr 2015

Welcome to the family GCM2. Glad to have you on board and your view from the north.

Comment

Working...
                                          😀
                                          😂
                                          🥰
                                          😘
                                          🤢
                                          😎
                                          😞
                                          😡
                                          👍
                                          👎