X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • JagFan
    1st Team
    • Apr 2015

Players to watch

RB Soph Conner Lee from Flower Mound. It will be fun to watch him the next three years.
  • some eagle fan
    Special Teams
    • Apr 2015

No one knows either of theses kids yet but,

Austin Woods, SO. WR Lovejoy. Runs like a deer, crazy vertical and catches the ball like flypaper.

Quedon Baul, SO. DB Allen. Great closing speed, hits a ton.

Comment

• Tboy1152
      Practice Squad
      • Apr 2015

Toby harrah III will be a Sophomore Qb at Euless Trinity and is already 6'2 185lb and can run and pass he will be the first true Passing Qb Trinity has had in a very long time which is perfect timing now that we have a new offense Co. That is looking to be more balanced and not so run heavy.

Comment

• some eagle fan
        Special Teams
        • Apr 2015

Originally posted by Tboy1152
        Toby harrah III will be a Sophomore Qb at Euless Trinity and is already 6'2 185lb and can run and pass he will be the first true Passing Qb Trinity has had in a very long time which is perfect timing now that we have a new offense Co. That is looking to be more balanced and not so run heavy.
        That sounds very exciting for the T fans and scary as hell to everyone else.

Comment

• OakTreeOut-n-Up
          Special Teams
          • Apr 2015

Originally posted by some eagle fan
          No one knows either of theses kids yet but,

Austin Woods, SO. WR Lovejoy. Runs like a deer, crazy vertical and catches the ball like flypaper.

Quedon Baul, SO. DB Allen. Great closing speed, hits a ton.

When will Woods be tra..... nevermind.

Comment

• Eagle82
            All District
            • Apr 2015

Junior, #28 Smith from lil ole Abilene. Coming off knee surgery but if he stays healthy, he will be playing lots at the next level.

Comment

• Shady12
              2nd Team
              • Apr 2015

6'1" 225 Junior LB Gehrig Scott San Angelo Central. Started since his freshman year (only freshman I can ever think of who has been on varsity going back a long time) but still doesn't seem to be on many's radar. 6'6" WR Adam West is someone to watch as well. From what I've seen he had deceptive speed and great hands and body control.

Comment

• ktCarl
                Special Teams
                • Apr 2015

The Allen QB from Minnesota.

Comment

• Eagle82
                  All District
                  • Apr 2015

Originally posted by ktCarl
                  Hear he's pretty good at basketball...

Comment

• CHill
                    1st Team
                    • Apr 2015

Originally posted by Eagle82

Hear he's pretty good at basketball...

Until he's shoots at the wrong basket durning a PO game.

Comment

• some eagle fan
                      Special Teams
                      • Apr 2015

Right now he is still in the competition phase and he is not running away with it. He may find himself in the "careful what you wish for" category.

Comment

• ktCarl
                        Special Teams
                        • Apr 2015

Right now he is still in the competition phase and he is not running away with it. He may find himself in the "careful what you wish for" category.
                        Hope the Allen guy beats out the Minnesota guy.

Comment

• some eagle fan
                          Special Teams
                          • Apr 2015

Me too. Welcome to Texas buddy.

Comment

• Eagle82
                            All District
                            • Apr 2015

no way in hell that happens. you can bet daddy moved the kid on conditions and one was that he would start. if this kid were to be QB2, he would kiss his D1 scholy's away and I am sure daddy's new job doesn't pay enough to cover the cost of college.

Comment

• CHill
                              1st Team
                              • Apr 2015

This Miiny kid attends all these elite QB camps from coast to coast almost every weekend and comes out with high remarks. There is no way that pops enroll him in Allen to be second string his senior year. He would be the first transfer the last two season's not to start. I have no problem with the Allen QB winning the position, just believe this was agree on before he enroll being as high profile as he's been. MOP

Comment

• some eagle fan
                                Special Teams
                                • Apr 2015

So, if he is the starter (most likely will be) and the Eagles go 0-2 to start the season against DG and Fl. , do they stay with him?

Comment

• CHill
                                  1st Team
                                  • Apr 2015

So, if he is the starter (most likely will be) and the Eagles go 0-2 to start the season against DG and Fl. , do they stay with him?

Its hard to tell, some staffs evaluate teams and players a little different in pre-district games then district games to better prepare them for those games. I for one have never care about nondistrict losses and pay attention to what teams district record's are and the type of district they play out of. But I think Allen will be alright with eight home games this upcoming season.

Comment

• Eagle82
                                    All District
                                    • Apr 2015

If he loses to those two teams colleges may want to shy away. His level of competition in minny was sub-par, he's playing with the big boys now as far as high school ball goes. I say allen loses one if not both of those games. he will remain the starter though.

Comment

• some eagle fan
                                      Special Teams
                                      • Apr 2015

Originally posted by Eagle82

If he loses to those two teams colleges may want to shy away. His level of competition in minny was sub-par, he's playing with the big boys now as far as high school ball goes. I say allen loses one if not both of those games. he will remain the starter though.
                                      You are probably correct. As Farmer has mentioned our district isn't that strong right now so even if they lose the openers they should make it through the district without too much trouble. I'm sure he will improve as the season progresses. From I understand the thing that is keeping on top right now is his size and ability to run over most DBs. His accuracy is parr with most other quality QBs. We don't know how well he reads the D or how sharp his pocket prowess is, but time will tell.

Comment

• Eagle82
                                        All District
                                        • Apr 2015

You are probably correct. As Farmer has mentioned our district isn't that strong right now so even if they lose the openers they should make it through the district without too much trouble. I'm sure he will improve as the season progresses. From I understand the thing that is keeping on top right now is his size and ability to run over most DBs. His accuracy is parr with most other quality QBs. We don't know how well he reads the D or how sharp his pocket prowess is, but time will tell.
                                        I know I am being hard on the guy, just call it jealousy. Sure wish Abilene could get some move-ins from time to time. Our kids are great though.

You're right about him improving as the season progresses. The kid already has a lot of pressure on him and once those lights come on, especially in that stadium, he will experience something he's never experienced before. On top of that, to have some of the best players in the country gunning for him, I wouldn't want to be in his shoes.

It will take him time to learn the system and even for the other players to trust him. I am sure there are some who may or may not have issue with him just stepping in and taking over. Kids will be kids and at that age, it's difficult to manage attitudes. By the time the playoffs roll around though he should be settled and on track. With the chances of Desoto going D2 this season, Allen may or may not have to worry about early round opponents.

Comment

• CHill
                                          1st Team
                                          • Apr 2015

With the chances of Desoto going D2 this season, Allen may or may not have to worry about early round opponents.

With SGP and Mansfield returning alot of key players with even an improve Duncanville with DeSoto ex super soph QB taking over (if approve by the 8-6A DEC), still will have to crack the top four and not to sure them will have the D to do it. DeSoto will field one of the best teams in the State. The OL are all over 300 lbs and Wallace is completely heel and looking for a break-out year.

Comment

• Eagle82
                                            All District
                                            • Apr 2015

Originally posted by Jrstar
                                            With the chances of Desoto going D2 this season, Allen may or may not have to worry about early round opponents.

With SGP and Mansfield returning alot of key players with even an improve Duncanville with DeSoto ex super soph QB taking over (if approve by the 8-6A DEC), still will have to crack the top four and not to sure them will have the D to do it. DeSoto will field one of the best teams in the State. The OL are all over 300 lbs and Wallace is completely heel and looking for a break-out year.
                                            I am going to petition the UIL to do the following:
                                            Create a West Texas Region
                                            State finals = WT Region winner vs. whoever is left amongst the other regions.

Comment

• Shady12
                                              2nd Team
                                              • Apr 2015

On the topic of QBs, a San Angelo Central QB was named MVP of a NUC Premiere camp this weekend. But it wasn't TCU commit Brennen Wooten, it was sophomore Cal Vincent (his brother Will was named DB MVP)...who is probably third string QB at SAC. One of the guys he beat out is a LSU commit so there must have been some good QBs there. Central has been loaded down with good QBs. If only Abilene would loan us some running backs.
                                              Last edited by Shady12; 05-10-2015, 08:53 PM.

Comment

• Eagle82
                                                All District
                                                • Apr 2015

Originally posted by Shady12
                                                On the topic of QBs, a San Angelo Central QB was named MVP of a NUC Premiere camp this weekend. But it wasn't TCU commit Brennen Wooten, it was sophomore Cal Vincent (his brother Will was named DB MVP)...who is probably third string QB at SAC. One of the guys he beat out is a LSU commit so there must have been some good QBs there. Central has been loaded down with good QBs. If only Abilene would loan us some running backs.
                                                I can make a phone call or two.

That's great to hear about the kids, keep us posted!

Comment

• Super B
                                                  All District
                                                  • Apr 2015

I'm not convinced Duncanville makes the playoffs in 2015 either. The first year under Samples, a new system, winning has to be bred in. SGP and Mansfield should both be pretty solid, so that is four very difficult district opponents in DeSoto, CHill, SGP and Mansfield.
                                                  Super B

Comment

• Farmer
                                                    All District
                                                    • Apr 2015

In your opinion how would you compare SGp to Mansfield?
                                                    I think there are 3 teams penciled in as locks in that district and that is Chill, DeSoto and Mansfield and it wouldn't shock me one but to see Duncanville grab that 4th and final spot.
                                                    That's just me though and admittedly I don't follow that district like some do

Comment

• CHill
                                                      1st Team
                                                      • Apr 2015

Originally posted by Farmer

In your opinion how would you compare SGp to Mansfield?
                                                      I think there are 3 teams penciled in as locks in that district and that is Chill, DeSoto and Mansfield and it wouldn't shock me one but to see Duncanville grab that 4th and final spot.
                                                      That's just me though and admittedly I don't follow that district like some do

Pretty even going into the season. Now last year Mansfield did something that really surprise me, durning the bye they change a lot of personel. They move 4 star RB Jones (TCU) to DB full time and would mix him in the offense. Let the electric soph RB take over on carries and utilize the TE in the passing game. Think it threw SGP a surprise when they met after the Mansfield bye week. Of course going off film, SGP prepare for what they seen in their past games. Very good coaching and lay a good whoping on SGP and then went into CH and play even a better game and won out the rest of the season.

SGP returns QB Greg Eisworth and almost single handily beat ET, if SGP fieldgoal kicker makes that kick in OT, SGP would of advance. Pretty good player that plays both ways, Should have enough potential to have a good season.

Comment

• Super B
                                                        All District
                                                        • Apr 2015

Pretty even going into the season. Now last year Mansfield did something that really surprise me, durning the bye they change a lot of personel. They move 4 star RB Jones (TCU) to DB full time and would mix him in the offense. Let the electric soph RB take over on carries and utilize the TE in the passing game. Think it threw SGP a surprise when they met after the Mansfield bye week. Of course going off film, SGP prepare for what they seen in their past games. Very good coaching and lay a good whoping on SGP and then went into CH and play even a better game and won out the rest of the season.

SGP returns QB Greg Eisworth and almost single handily beat ET, if SGP fieldgoal kicker makes that kick in OT, SGP would of advance. Pretty good player that plays both ways, Should have enough potential to have a good season.
                                                        Eisworth is the real deal. I was very impressed by him. If they meet again in 2015, Trinity will be ready.
                                                        Super B

Comment

• Super B
                                                          All District
                                                          • Apr 2015

pulled from the National Board
                                                          [quote name=SumDude]

Chris Daniels, DT
                                                          6'4 280 lbs
                                                          Euless Trinity High School
                                                          Class of 2016

http://www.hudl.com/athlete/2065514/...hts/225103377/
                                                          He might prove to be the best overall defensive line in the state in 2015. The sky is the limit. He can play DT (3-4) or DE (4-3 or 3-4). He's a phenomenal athletic specimen. Very explosive, powerful, and relentless! His physique allows him to grow out and up (he'll likely play as a true freshman at around 6'4 or 6'5 290 lbs). He could be every bit as good as a J.J. Watt! Right now, Rivals.com has him rated as the 9th best DT in the nation. He has too many D1 offers to name, so I will just name a few: OU, Ohio State, Michigan, USC, Wisconsin, TCU, Ole Miss, A&M, Nebraska, and Miami.
                                                          [/quote]
                                                          Last edited by Super B; 05-13-2015, 09:32 PM.
                                                          Super B

Comment

Working...