X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • SLC13
    '16 6A Pick 'Em Champ & '15 6A Pick 'Em Runner-Up
    • Apr 2015

Originally posted by Eagle82

It was a pleasure meeting and breaking bread with you Friday. I apologize for leaving you on the sideline, I just tend to get intense and into the game, traipsing back and forth. I will say my buddies who visited with you during the game had a blast and sang high praises. Thanks for coming out and supporting our Eagles!

We'll do something before the game this Friday and let you know.

Oh, and I also look forward to reuniting with a certain someone and be sure to ask him how fundraising for their proposed scholarship program revealed over a year ago is coming along. Who knows, I may bring my checkbook!
    I too enjoyed the evening and everyone I met treated me great!! No problem during the game, I'm much the same way during Dragon games. Your traveling buddies made sure I was never left alone. Your team and fans remind me of us in so many ways, it makes it easy to support the Eagles except of course this Friday.

I posted some of my initial thoughts about the Eagles in your team thread, but plan to do a better writeup of what I saw from your kids later in the week.
    Last edited by SLC13; 09-21-2015, 06:27 AM.

Comment

• SLC13
      '16 6A Pick 'Em Champ & '15 6A Pick 'Em Runner-Up
      • Apr 2015

Originally posted by Eagle82

It was a pleasure meeting and breaking bread with you Friday. I apologize for leaving you on the sideline, I just tend to get intense and into the game, traipsing back and forth. I will say my buddies who visited with you during the game had a blast and sang high praises. Thanks for coming out and supporting our Eagles!

We'll do something before the game this Friday and let you know.

Oh, and I also look forward to reuniting with a certain someone and be sure to ask him how fundraising for their proposed scholarship program revealed over a year ago is coming along. Who knows, I may bring my checkbook!
      I think I read that he was looking for a motel in the area to stay overnight.......Maybe you should invite him to stay at your place, LOL.........

Comment

• Eagle82
        All District
        • Apr 2015

Originally posted by SLC13

I think I read that he was looking for a motel in the area to stay overnight.......Maybe you should invite him to stay at your place, LOL.........
        He's more than welcome in my basement or garage apartment or one of the many motels along South 1st Street where I am sure folks sleeping are rocked out of their beds every hour or so when the train roars by!

Nah, he's a good guy. Just misguided and misinformed. I'd give him the shirt off my back if push came to shove.

Comment

• mike03car
          Special Teams
          • Aug 2015

I thought they hoped to be able to use this site to help with scholarships and took your checkbook comment as a playful jab towards the idea.

Comment

Working...