X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Admin
    TX HS Football Talk
    • Mar 2015

Daily Craig: New Orleans Bureau

"Traveling Texas"  is a song Shake Russell wrote, recorded, and still performs. He wrote it for Ron Stone's presentation of the long running TV show on ch 2,  "THE EYES OF TEXAS".  The song was in my gourd this morning despite the fact that I was traveling Georgia, Alabama, Mississippi, and Louisiana. In my absence yesterday Tom Herman decided to stay past Saturday's game with Temple and Georgia held a news conference to let their Athletic Director appear to be a complete idiot. Remember, they take football much more seriously at UGA than that guy looked able to handle.

I DID get some time to watch the Monday Night Game. I low keyed my presence in front of downtrodden Saints fans who had been humbled by the rolling thunder of the TEXANS. To my delight I saw MATT SCHAUB. I had forgotten briefly he was now the QB for the once good RAVENS. Matt did his thing throwing 2 picks (one was his specialty, a pick six) but he did throw some really good stuff including a go ahead TD THROW. His team survived on the strength of PUNT RETURN FOR A TD and A BLOCKED FG FOR A TD. Once again, a quarterback had nothing whatsoever to do with the outcome. Just like Matt likes it. While still in Houston he inspired my favorite TEXANS bumper sticker. "My other CARR IS A SCHAUB". Tough those Texans fans.

I do feel special this morning as a garbage truck in the QUARTER picked our hotel to crush the dumpsters at 5:30am. I gotta see if they are gonna power wash the streets. However, I do know better. SEE YOU SOON, it;s Christmas month already.

More...
Working...
😀
😂
🥰
😘
🤢
😎
😞
😡
👍
👎