X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Admin
    TX HS Football Talk
    • Mar 2015

Daily Craig: Don't bicker with the staff

What a strange day for Houston fans. Dallas Keuchel WINS THE CY YOUNG and it's lost in the bizarre tale of the ROCKETS firing Kevin McHale. A man who took the team to the WESTERN FINAL but clearly  couldn't defend and Kevin kept missing shot after shot. Yep, the HALL OF FAMER was responsible for the lack of hustle and the lack of interest. I liked Kevin. I also liked Del Harris, Bill Fitch, Don Chaney, and Jeff Van Gundy.The only legend among the departed remains RUDY T. I do KNOW the Rockets came back from the dead and beat a nearly dead Portland bunch in Overtime to give J.B. Bickerstaff his first win as the interim head coach. Corey Brewer's last second 3  in regulation was J.B'S FAVORITE SHOT. THE BEARD threw in 40 plus and in general was back to his old self in the game's 2nd half. Bickerstaff did change the starting lineup by sending Jason Terry out with the varsity. A move aimed at keeping at least one guy Kevin McHale's age on the floor.

I did hear Bill Worrell say the Rockets' win may have "saved the season." OK. I agree since there are only 70 games to go. If a season can be saved after just 12 games perhaps the ROCKETS are in the NFL. I was surprised the Rockets didn't do what other Pro teams do. Fire the equipment guy, or the trainer, or the kid who runs the video room. Going after the coach THIS EARLY was a stunner. Fans will now have to deal with possible successors in the short pants dept. I know former Rockets asst. and former BULLS HEAD COACH Tom TIBODEAU has been mentioned. If the Rockets players didn't pay attention to Kevin, maybe they should call the BULLS to ask how they didn't pay attention to TOM either. Maybe hiring the video kid is the way to go. I gotta think in the long run Dallas Keuchel SHOULD GET AN APOLOGY from LES ALEXANDER. LES robbed him of the day's top story.

More...
Working...