X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Admin
    TX HS Football Talk
    • Mar 2015

Daily Craig: It's Vets week - not the dog ones

I have some thoughts on no TEXANS THIS PAST SUNDAY AND NO TEXANS NEXT SUNDAY EITHER. The locals go back to playing one week from tonight. It will be Monday Night vs. Cincy on the 16th. That is a long time to not complain. I happen to notice several things as a result of no game yesterday. Traffic was heavier than normal because peeps weren't GLUED TO THEIR TV SETS. Although since the advent of PAY PER VIEW WITH FAN DUEL AND DRAFTKINGS, a bulk of the community was watching random games to see if they could become Millionaires.Like the people who run the fantasy "games of skill". I am told people interacted more than usual. They went shopping between the usually banned hours of NOON-3PM. Car radios were heard playing music instead of "the Texans with a another 4th and long will send out the punt team".

I paid closer attention to various store ads and once again WE CAN GET A DEAL ON A MATTRESS because it's soon to be Veterans Day. Nothing says thank you to our heroes like a new mattress. At a discount no less. Speaking of ads, would you really want momma getting new frocks from something called the DRESS BARN?  Doesn't that suggest farm animals? How about ROOMS TO GO? I went in to tell them I wanted the room "for here". WALLPAPER TO GO?  Nope, i'll hang it here, thanks. I also learned the Chevy people have told us on various commercials what we only dared think of before their recent campaign. Check it out. When the commercial begins the screen indicates,  NOT ACTORS, REAL PEOPLE. Take that, you actors. I gotta see if Indy really did beat Denver, but , as you know,GARY KUBIAK is used to losing up there. So is WADE PHILLIPS.

More...
Working...