X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Admin
    TX HS Football Talk
    • Mar 2015

Daily Craig: Throw Away Wednesday

What? The Rockets lost the season opener at home? By 20? To Denver? Did the QB OVER SLEEP? Wrong sport, same result. I AM SURE HALLOWEEN WEEK has something to do with this.

Just when we thought a QB named T.J. could somehow make up for what had happened this football season, we have to watch the local basketballers sleep walk through game ONE OF 82. On top of this Coach Kevin McHale had his new season haircut. Houston was a 10half point favorite in a league that NEVER HAS DOUBLE DIGIT HOME LOSERS IN GAME ONE.  So let's recap. Favored by just over 10 and LOSE BY 20. Man that stinks.

The Rockets did pay tribute to the late Moses Malone. Mo WAS ONE OF MY FAVORITES. His postgame quote after beating the Celtics in a 1980-81 title series game is still one of the few that  makes sense. He said "We won because we won".  I don't remember if he said "We lost because we lost" when the series ended. Now back to the opening night non tribute

I could be ok with this if there was some sort of answer to why it happened.The Rockets never led. EVER. Who do they think they are? THE UNITED NATIONS PEACEKEEPERS? Dwight didn't play because he had been a bad dude last season with techs and flagrants. To those keeping score at home, those are bad things. The worse news? Golden St. is here tomorrow night. IF A SORRY Nuggets outfit wins by 20 what might the OAKLANDERS do? I know it's way too early to get upset, but if the HOUSTON'S LOSE OUT ON THE PLAYOFF RUN BY 2 GAMES NEXT JUNE, BLAME this October. I gotta see if my ELVIN HAYES JERSEY IS CLEAN.

More...
Working...